Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am (22312 Views)

Jamb Website Hacked, Some Results Upgradedā€ Orders Fresh Exams On May 26 / BVN: University Of Nigeria Nsukka Requires Bank Verification Number For Registra / Chinasa Ufodu, Overall Best Graduating Student University Of Nigeria Nsukka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Maxcollins042(m): 11:18am On Oct 05, 2019
and?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by 2800net(m): 11:19am On Oct 05, 2019
FAKE NEWS NOT TRUE!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

okechukwu204671:
Happening now........
Online or Facebook public figure in the person of Hon. Cc ugwu reported the latest and immediate happening in the prestigious university of Nigeria Nsukka.
A French attacker called Nasty hacked the site and disclosed his Twitter handle.

God help my country
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Femijohn198: 11:19am On Oct 05, 2019
Igbo I hail oooo,
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by fergie001: 11:19am On Oct 05, 2019
Have been trying since midnight, no way.

Little wonder.

PS:
It has been fixed.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 05, 2019
Not a major threat at all
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by spirul77: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2019
has been restored
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Dagger111(m): 11:21am On Oct 05, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
The hacker must be feeling like one Arab merchant in the 17th century who wrote a book that people are killing themselves over today in the 21st century over. And not enjoying their live's because of that selfish Son Of AB.

U mean mohammed and Quran? stop that pls, it doesnt make any sense.

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by DameB(f): 11:25am On Oct 05, 2019
The hacker's humour though
grin grin

Institutions should invest in quality security systems

Meanwhile OP what's Facebook public figure?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 05, 2019
chariisGRACE:

But the hacker mumu oo
Wetin him wan use UNN site do naa?

Instead make he hack CBN. Abeg he should come and teach me how to hack CBN

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by DissTroy(m): 11:27am On Oct 05, 2019
feloj:
Give the Job to the best, it will save you a lot of heartache, who is receiving notification of penetrative attempts... I guess the are all just there for the salary.... Hack like this don't just happened overnight, there must have been numerous attempt, which the site admin should take action to prevent this hack....

Sometimes they make it even easy for folks who aren't trying to hack to know how their websites are built. They don't customize their admin login and other content uploads.

Just looking at CBN website, it is obvious it is built on WP and the web administrator isn't even smart enough to use a simple, cheap plugin to change extensions like /wp-content or /wp-login. The footer is awful and there's a bug in one of the links yet millions get spent on the website. The CBN website isn't worth more than #500,000 plus web management monthly. We aren't security conscious in this country.

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 05, 2019
So bad

I sell unn project topics
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Naijaarchive(m): 11:29am On Oct 05, 2019
To hack my school portal dey hungry me... The portal no even get ssl... And thousands of Naira are being paid there daily... grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by jerayme: 11:35am On Oct 05, 2019
Rectified already
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by awumen: 11:35am On Oct 05, 2019
Any drilling engineer(5 - 7yrs) in the house?or if you know any, please send cv to
amarimee@outlook.com
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Esejojo: 11:37am On Oct 05, 2019
Wow
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by wethebest(m): 11:38am On Oct 05, 2019
supportnija:

Especially this WordPress of a thing, I can close my eyes and do the needful.

WordPress is too vulnerable

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by sujexy(m): 11:38am On Oct 05, 2019
Restored.

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Eberex(m): 11:40am On Oct 05, 2019
Just pray such expert hacker don't remember you.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Esejojo: 11:41am On Oct 05, 2019
Interesting
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by nelklyn(m): 11:44am On Oct 05, 2019
Chapelbeatz:
Woooow.No be any french anitin.Na obinna do am.Wetin french man wan use dat wan do.Giv obinna naira hin go undo am.

You took the words out my mouth...I'm sure obinna is just carrying out a pentest with kali linux grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by topmag2019: 11:45am On Oct 05, 2019
topmag2019:
So Shocking: The official website of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) was hacked in the late hours of yesterday October 4, by a suspected French hacker identified as Nasty.

Read More Here: http://topmag.pw/2019/10/05/university-of-nigeria-nsukka-website-hacked-photos/

How save is it after RETORATION
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by wethebest(m): 11:46am On Oct 05, 2019
DissTroy:

Sometimes they make it even easy for folks who aren't trying to hack to know how their websites are built. They don't customize their admin login and other content uploads.

Just looking at CBN website, it is obvious it is built on WP and the web administrator isn't even smart enough to use a simple, cheap plugin to change extensions like /wp-content or /wp-login. The footer is awful and there's a bug in one of the links yet millions get spent on the website. The CBN website isn't worth more than #500,000 plus web management monthly. We aren't security conscious in this country.

WordPress on it's own is vulnerable. If boys wan take WordPress sites down, hehehe, within 24hrs, many sites with b gone in naija.

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by thesmallgod(m): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2019
Defaced not hacked
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by 247viral: 11:52am On Oct 05, 2019
Drama As Man Seen Chasing The Judge With A Cane In Court After Being Sentenced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OUNbgWvmCk
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Macgyver1: 11:53am On Oct 05, 2019
Let them call their computer science professors to fix the site.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by DissTroy(m): 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2019
wethebest:

WordPress on it's own is vulnerable. If boys wan take WordPress sites down, hehehe, within 24hrs, many sites with b gone in naija.

That's why the first thing any developer should do for a sensitive website is to disguise. CNN, BBC, Coursera, EDX and other such websites are built on WordPress and very secure. I can bet you the hacked UNN website had null themes and plugins, and some of these silly developers make it easy to know which theme is being used.

Remove everything that makes it look like WP, change dashboard access and every other thing, and, of course, change your admin login every two days or three days.

You also forget they might have used a vulnerable web host and their IPs very exposed.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Asowebdesign: 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2019
supportnija:

Especially this WordPress of a thing, I can close my eyes and do the needful.

Not all wordpress sites cae hackable
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by wethebest(m): 12:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
DissTroy:

That's why the first thing any developer should do for a sensitive website is to disguise. CNN, BBC, Coursera, EDX and other such websites are built on WordPress and very secure. I can bet you the hacked UNN website had null themes and plugins, and some of these silly developers make it easy to know which theme is being used.

Remove everything that makes it look like WP, change dashboard access and every other thing, and, of course, change your admin login every two days or three days.

You also forget they might have used a vulnerable web host and their IPs very exposed.

Those sites you mentioned does not really interest hackers. Is dere any bank site build on WordPress? I mean bank wr u do internet transactions? The person who hacked UNN is student dere jst doing pen testing with Kali Linux cox d site is of no relevant. If u like purchase premium plugin, if ur site is gn down on WordPress, it will in seconds. Code hard nd build ur own security. Don't depend on wht u don't knw d source code or don't understand it.

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by DissTroy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
wethebest:

WordPress is too vulnerable

It isn't. It's just like saying Android is too vulnerable. It's the users/web developers who are too careless. Must cheap sites are built with null themes and plugins.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by madbuk: 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
The hacker is a fan of the anime "Hunter X Hunter" , correct guy GON and Killua.. grin. M..
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by slimjosh231(m): 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
ornicus:
Unlikely it was that secure to begin with. Your real hacker will not announce himself. That is counterproductive
Shutup. They always tell you who they are, the real thing is in tracing them.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by DissTroy(m): 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
wethebest:

Those sites you mentioned does not really interest hackers. Is dere any bank site build on WordPress? I mean bank wr u do internet transactions? The person who hacked UNN is student dere jst doing pen testing with Kali Linux cox d site is of no relevant. If u like purchase premium plugin, if ur site is gn down on WordPress, it will in seconds. Code hard nd build ur own security. Don't depend on wht u don't knw d source code or don't understand it.

Wait... BBC and CNN are of no relevance? INEC and CBN websites are of no relevance?

Hard coding is good but we must face the reality - most developer use CMS for their jobs then change the codes. The most relevant websites you know are partly built on WP. You don't have to believe me - google it.

Most smart developers have just learnt to use page builders alone as their dependent plugins then code the other features they need, upload to their cpanel and they are good to go.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU NEC Holds Decisive Meeting On Thursday / 7 Items Common To Every Student On Various Campus In Nigeria. / Olasunkanmi Opeifa Named Finalist For $1m Global Teacher Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.