Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am (22311 Views)

Jamb Website Hacked, Some Results Upgraded” Orders Fresh Exams On May 26 / BVN: University Of Nigeria Nsukka Requires Bank Verification Number For Registra / Chinasa Ufodu, Overall Best Graduating Student University Of Nigeria Nsukka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by davillian(m): 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2019
And they have computer student Imao
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by wethebest(m): 12:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
DissTroy:

Wait... BBC and CNN are of no relevance? INEC and CBN websites are of no relevance?

Hard coding is good but we must face the reality - most developer use CMS for their jobs then change the codes. The most relevant websites you know are partly built on WP. You don't have to believe me - google it.

Most smart developers have just learnt to use page builders alone as their dependent plugins then code the other features they need, upload to their cpanel and they are good to go.

With premium page builder. I agree on that. U see inec nd cbn wey u jst mentioned re useless as Bleep. U really think those sites hs any data worthy to mine?

Note: CBN ws built with asp whc is more secured than using WordPress. Also they hv refused to upgrade. U aware dat site is nt responsive?

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Fenesa1: 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
Arrest all the Nasty's let's start from there
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by ChiefSweetus: 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
supportnija:

Especially this WordPress of a thing, I can close my eyes and do the needful.
WordPress is vulnerable?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
ornicus:
Unlikely it was that secure to begin with. Your real hacker will not announce himself. That is counterproductive
That's a script kiddie, a real hacker will never waste his precious time attacking UNN website, just to hail his friends grin grin
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by DissTroy(m): 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2019
wethebest:

With premium page builder. I agree on that. U see inec nd cbn wey u jst mentioned re useless as Bleep. U really think those sites hs any data worthy to mine?
It depends on how you look at it. People depend on INEC website as the most confirm source of electoral news. List of wards, elected officials, auctions e.t.c. A fraudulent person can manipulate these to his own advantage.

For CBN, there are loan schemes and other which a fraudulent person can manipulate. List of microfinance banks too. Fraudsters can manipulate these if they have access.

These are website with authority and whoever controls them by hook or crook is powerful. This and more are why they are very relevant.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2019
slimjosh231:
Shutup. They always tell you who they are, the real thing is in tracing them.

Simpleton

All the passwords that keep getting leaked, did the hacker groups announce on the home pages of the companies that they had hacked them

Did invictus send his victims an email saying thier accounts had been hacked?

You think hacking is making noise like a small pikin?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Ajibade123(m): 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
A good cyber security programmer could have prevented this
see how your website design affects your business https://explicitsuccess.com/bad-website-design/
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by slimjosh231(m): 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
ornicus:

Simpleton

All the passwords that keep getting leaked, did the hacker groups announce on the home pages of the companies that they had hacked them

Did invictus send his victims an email saying thier accounts had been hacked?

You think hacking is making noise like a small pikin?
You have nothing to say. Have a nice day.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
slimjosh231:
You have nothing to say. Have a nice day.

Olodo rabata. You think hacking is shouting PWN upand down
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by tatacherie: 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2019
Wonders never end! shocked

Meanwhile comman buy unique crochet birthday and Christmas costumes for your daughters wink cool
Biko patronize your fellow Nlander kiss
Danke schön

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by xelly: 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2019
It is simple. We will retrieve it from them.

Nasty isn't capable of doing anything. Stay cool.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Amalekki: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2019
Everyone is an expert in Nigeria until you actually give them the job grin
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by xelly: 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2019
Like I said, the site is up. Lion and lionesses

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by introvertme: 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
DissTroy:

Wait... BBC and CNN are of no relevance? INEC and CBN websites are of no relevance?

Hard coding is good but we must face the reality - most developer use CMS for their jobs then change the codes. The most relevant websites you know are partly built on WP. You don't have to believe me - google it.

Most smart developers have just learnt to use page builders alone as their dependent plugins then code the other features they need, upload to their cpanel and they are good to go.

CMS saves time.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by incentive: 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
Serious!
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Kingkun69(m): 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
chariisGRACE:

But the hacker mumu oo
Wetin him wan use UNN site do naa?
not every hacker is out to steal
Some just do it for fun to show vulnerabilities
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by 9jamag(m): 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
The hacker must be feeling like one Arab merchant in the 17th century who wrote a book that people are killing themselves over today in the 21st century over. And not enjoying their live's because of that selfish Son Of AB.

shocked
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by nigeriapenInfo: 4:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
topmag2019:
So Shocking: The official website of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) was hacked in the late hours of yesterday October 4, by a suspected French hacker identified as Nasty.

Read More Here: http://topmag.pw/2019/10/05/university-of-nigeria-nsukka-website-hacked-photos/

Sharp guy, if your so good try Harvard University portal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by slimjosh231(m): 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2019
ornicus:

Olodo rabata. You think hacking is shouting PWN upand down
I said you should shut your mouth up.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Legendguru: 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by DissTroy(m): 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2019
introvertme:

CMS saves time.

A whole lot of time. Who has time to start coding every job from scratch when there are deadlines to meet. As long as the client is satisfied with the functionalities and it is secure, why waste your time coding every part?

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Antichristus: 11:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
The hacker must be feeling like one Arab merchant in the 17th century who wrote a book that people are killing themselves over today in the 21st century over. And not enjoying their live's because of that selfish Son Of AB.

You mean 6th century Arab merchant? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Kendumazy(m): 3:44pm On Oct 20, 2019
okechukwu204671:
Happening now........
Online or Facebook public figure in the person of Hon. Cc ugwu reported the latest and immediate happening in the prestigious university of Nigeria Nsukka.
A French attacker called Nasty hacked the site and disclosed his Twitter handle.

God help my country

HI okechukwu204671,

I got your PM request. I don't have access to the email attached to this nairaland account anymore. Kindly reach me on whatsapp 09090287555.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 04, 2021
prekumohtim:

Instead make he hack CBN. Abeg he should come and teach me how to hack CBN
scammer
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 04, 2021
BKsoul:
scammer

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU NEC Holds Decisive Meeting On Thursday / 7 Items Common To Every Student On Various Campus In Nigeria. / Olasunkanmi Opeifa Named Finalist For $1m Global Teacher Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.