Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,217 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

How Lagos Is Dying - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lagos Is Dying (22860 Views)

How Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Fraudulently Collected N32.5m As Travel Allowance - SR / How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity / How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by IamAtikulate: 6:10pm On Oct 05, 2019
Basher8583:

You don't see us complaining and whining about it. What else
Because you can't separate poverty from the North. The North is the poverty we all studied in school

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by JonDon12: 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2019
Lagos is dying because Nigeria is dead.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by JonDon12: 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
highmood:
Hear yourself! Yet you would stand in the streets protesting Xenophobic attacks against Nigeria while you just displayed a xenophobic tendency by your utterances.
Go around Lagos, compare where the Igbo's lives and do businesses to where the Hausa's does. Compare where the Igbos have opened up in Lagos and where the Yoruba's have been living for long and tell Nigerians that the Igbos are causing Nuisance.
Rather than wish some set of people bad, rather tap from the grace. I can't wish the southwest bad since I can tap from the grace of it been the former capital and other benefits it carries. So, if an average Igbo man is a good business man, why not emulate them and surpass them if you can.
Personally, let Nigeria Federal government open up the river and sea ports in the east and south south, as well as make other airports in the east and south south international. Let them build other fed institutions in the east and south south and watch Lagos, Ogun, Kano and Ibadan experience a massive decrease in population within 2 years.

Ibos make Lagos beautiful. The shopping centers, the apartments and homes, the schools
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by oyatz(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2019
This is the 'can do spirit' of the successful NIGERIANS.

Mike4S:
19 years ago, I came to the city and now I can beat my chest that I'm better than before. Going back to my village is still what I cannot say because it is only Lagos and Abuja that I can stay in Nigeria today.

I cannot forget that day I took that risk that was suicidal mission in disguise. Guess what! I came to Lagos having nobody and where to squat. What a wild escapade it was. Today all are history.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Osaze007: 6:49pm On Oct 05, 2019
highmood:
Hear yourself! Yet you would stand in the streets protesting Xenophobic attacks against Nigeria while you just displayed a xenophobic tendency by your utterances.
Go around Lagos, compare where the Igbo's lives and do businesses to where the Hausa's does. Compare where the Igbos have opened up in Lagos and where the Yoruba's have been living for long and tell Nigerians that the Igbos are causing Nuisance.
Rather than wish some set of people bad, rather tap from the grace. I can't wish the southwest bad since I can tap from the grace of it been the former capital and other benefits it carries. So, if an average Igbo man is a good business man, why not emulate them and surpass them if you can.
Personally, let Nigeria Federal government open up the river and sea ports in the east and south south, as well as make other airports in the east and south south international. Let them build other fed institutions in the east and south south and watch Lagos, Ogun, Kano and Ibadan experience a massive decrease in population within 2 years.

Go back to your region poto poto

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Basher8583: 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2019
IamAtikulate:

Because you can't separate poverty from the North. The North is the poverty we all studied in school

Thank you...We proudly accept. I already told you we ain't crying over it.... What else
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by femolii: 7:45pm On Oct 05, 2019
whirlwind7:

Actually, you are more useless than the person you are cussing.

How would they go back to their region when FG will not allow them to produce their own electricity, extract and refine their own crude oil, construct the FG controlled federal roads in their own region, or have their own security apparatus?

These are the factors that would provide jobs and develop any region. But the federal system of government with all their "exclusive list" prohibits such.
Folks from the SE asked for restructure, or even a dissolution of a country that is obviously not working. The FG in response, sent soldiers to shoot and kill peaceful people who asked for reasonable solution.
Yorubas mock them and pitched their tents with Hausa and Fulani who want nothing but to run the country aground.

In their quest for jobs and survival, people of the SE troop to Lagos. Yet, you complain.
Aren't you a total imbecilë?
You must enjoy this one naijiria you and your people supported.
Pls use your sense the increase in Lagos population is not because of sea port or companies alone is because of Yoruba's are so simple and accommodative that was the main reason people moved down to south west, if you like relocate companies to south east it will still be difficulty for people to move down there just because of their greediness.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Makuos19: 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2019
Basher8583:

Either you are blind or you lack comprehension skills. So you did not see where i wrote that I'm from the north and appreciate my host the Yorubas. Unlike you... looking for no means land to dwell. When gbege start now na on top 911 you and your entire family go dey straight to Onitsha like refugee. The one wey dem do you for SA never teach you lesson. You are still running that your akpu mouth abi.
The truth has been exposed to you, you have now changed to North. Keep deceiving yourself. When it happens no be trailer they go use pack u and your people to wherever u came from!!!
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Makuos19: 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
femolii:
Pls use your sense the increase in Lagos population is not because of sea port or companies alone is because of Yoruba's are so simple and accommodative that was the main reason people moved down to south west, if you like relocate companies to south east it will still be difficulty for people to move down there just because of their greediness.
Its because Lagos has more opportunities, industries etc. If youruba's are more accommodating Then there should be also increase in population in ogun, Osun, Oyo and Ekiti. Dont u think? Besides, Lagos is no mans land!!!

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by sogodihno: 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
IamAtikulate:

If a Yoruba man is beating the drum of war, I will go back to sleep. IBB

Go and ask ur people what happen to them in Akure/ore
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by AdoIfHitlerr(f): 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2019
[s]
sogodihno:

Go and ask ur people what happen to them in Akure/ore
[/s]
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by highmood(m): 11:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
Kapilta:
Calabar port, Port harcourt port and International airport are all working, stop looking for words to justify your invasion of another mans land all in the name of One Nigeria, whatever your group especially suffers in the One Nigeria your ancestor created concerns me less at least it was that your very ancestor that handed you over to Fulani as slave. Now go back home and leave our lands, Intruder. Pack your other brethren invaders with you and go back home. The ruins you've all caused our lands is enough. Let there be no human on it self, we'll appreciate it like that. You all should go back to wherever you come from. I care less where that might be. Just leave our lands.
Hear how bittered you sound for no reason. Your brother is a vice yet you aint satisfied. Guess you expected the south west to be heaven in 4 years. You can only rant on air but I bet you no IBO blood can be spilled by you tribesmen in name of whatsoever violence. Keep hating them why they keep progressing and making the cash. Envy, Hatred and Jealousy will simply devour your kinds. Spit!
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by highmood(m): 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2019
Osaze007:

Go back to your region poto poto
I guess yours is full of gold. I laugh your face. You boasting of a beauty where beast are close right. I guess that. Keep hating kid, and you know what, we keep moving ahead.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Osaze007: 11:38pm On Oct 05, 2019
highmood:
Hear how bittered you sound for no reason. Your brother is a vice yet you aint satisfied. Guess you expected the south west to be heaven in 4 years. You can only rant on air but I bet you no IBO blood can be spilled by you tribesmen in name of whatsoever violence. Keep hating them why they keep progressing and making the cash. Envy, Hatred and Jealousy will simply devour your kinds. Spit!

Shut it not everyone is jealous of you
Edo, Yoruba , AKS, Zulu is jealous of you
Your region is a shit hole that’s drsgging everyone back
Even in Kenya your chased away
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Redman44(m): 11:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
It is really shameful reading comments on this thread. We have a tribalism problem in Nigeria. Oh, My God sad sad sad sad sad sad.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by whirlwind7(m): 3:42am On Oct 06, 2019
femolii:

Simple and accommodative, that's the reason your ọmọ onile sell a piece of land to 5 people, beat up and maim or even kill whoever tries to legitimately stake his claim on the land. That is not greed?
You don't own a kiosk in igboland, so stop spitting garbage. Quite sure you haven't visited the SE.
When you buy property in the SE, no muthafucker will contest the ownership with you, so long as you bought from the real owner. Doesn't work like that in Lagos or environ. I was born in Lagos. I grew up there, and I own properties there.
I won't cast a blanket of generalization like you did on all yorubas. I know good and bad people among them, just like in every tribe.

You saying people don't flood into Lagos because of job opportunities sound so silly, I don't even know why I'm replying you.
Igbos are also numerous in the north. Would you say they go there because northerners are so accommodating, in the face of the countless killing of Southerners there?
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Osaze007: 4:10am On Oct 06, 2019
No be today e start

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Yujin(m): 7:39am On Oct 06, 2019
sogodihno:
The city is too populated, and their is no space, a tiny space that shouldn't cost anything in other States will cost arms and legs in Lagos, if u say u can't take it, another person is ready to pay more and get that space in ur eyes.

U wil literarily be bumping into each other when crossing the overhead bridge, to get bus for transport is wahala, because of too much people.

Lagos is overpopulated and overcrowded, the infrastructures are overwhelmed already, the state government has to do something to limit influx of people to the state, if this influx continue unabated, the state will explode in few years time.

SE and SS governors should do things to keep their people in their States, some of them are constituting nuisance here.

Eko o ni baje o.

Modified: Yoruba has a proverb, "nkan ti aye ba so e da, na ni aye fi ma bu e" 90% of those catisgating Lagos here are those economic refugees from the yeast that drag Lagos to this stage, since they won't sit their ass down in their backward region. SMH!
Lol. We warned but did they listen? Every action has consequences. Opening other ports is not a favour, it is a big solution. Failure to act now will cost multiple problems worse than it is today.
Funny how it is the fault of SE/SS states that are responsible for the present state of Lagos. Are the filth at Alaba Rago, the Okada menace, the numerous slums and underbridge dwellers, agberos etc caused by the people you accuse? Nonesense politics is the bane of black people.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Yujin(m): 7:53am On Oct 06, 2019
horsepower101:
Lagos is what happens when you refuse to spread development to other major parts of the country.

Everyone will have no choice but to overcrowd the already crowded city.

How can a country of over 200 million human beings have 1 major port.

Simple as ABC!
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Yujin(m): 8:00am On Oct 06, 2019
Kapilta:
you lie, a million years to this time Lagos is still standing. All of you have invaded our land all in the name of One Nigeria and ruin it all. You did it to Ibadan first and we are just re-building now after it was left to ruins. You've invaded Lagos again now with all sorts of lawlessness and barbarism. Lagos and Ibadan that is supposed to be contesting with Mallorca, Manila, Barcelona, New York and all can't even compete with Joburb and Dakar successfully. Thanks to One Nigeria. Badagry is there living in ruins too. One Nigeria must go away so we can take back our lands from intruders/invaders.
I like your last statement. Amen to it.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by nnaetobi(m): 8:46am On Oct 06, 2019
sogodihno:
The city is too populated, and their is no space, a tiny space that shouldn't cost anything in other States will cost arms and legs in Lagos, if u say u can't take it, another person is ready to pay more and get that space in ur eyes.

U wil literarily be bumping into each other when crossing the overhead bridge, to get bus for transport is wahala, because of too much people.

Lagos is overpopulated and overcrowded, the infrastructures are overwhelmed already, the state government has to do something to limit influx of people to the state, if this influx continue unabated, the state will explode in few years time.

SE and SS governors should do things to keep their people in their States, some of them are constituting nuisance here.

Eko o ni baje o.

Modified: Yoruba has a proverb, "nkan ti aye ba so e da, na ni aye fi ma bu e" 90% of those catisgating Lagos here are those economic refugees from the yeast that drag Lagos to this stage, since they won't sit their ass down in their backward region. SMH!
just read urself back to back,the op is trying to tell us that nigerienne illegal immigrants are flooding ur supposed MESSIAH STATE,u are here talking about south east and ss
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by highmood(m): 10:05am On Oct 06, 2019
Osaze007:

Shut it not everyone is jealous of you
Edo, Yoruba , AKS, Zulu is jealous of you
Your region is a shit hole that’s drsgging everyone back
Even in Kenya your chased away
have you gotten a wing to fly to your destinations to try suck bloods that will finally take your life? If others are galking, an Edo riff Raff's talks. Lazy tribe.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Stricklybidness(m): 5:05pm On Oct 11, 2019
Mike4S:
19 years ago, I came to the city and now I can beat my chest that I'm better than before. Going back to my village is still what I cannot say because it is only Lagos and Abuja that I can stay in Nigeria today.

I cannot forget that day I took that risk that was suicidal mission in disguise. Guess what! I came to Lagos having nobody and where to squat. What a wild escapade it was. Today all are history.
My brother tell them abeg.... Which business you de run dere?
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Stricklybidness(m): 5:05pm On Oct 11, 2019
kettykin:

I think Nigeria should create a new commercial capital somewhere at the fringes of Kogi state , no need to ask people to go back to their states in a unitary state like Nigera
Y kogi?
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by franklyfrank: 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2019
babajero:
Oga for your information Lagos is not the one dying, Nigeria is the one dying and lagos being a part of it, it's affecting it and other places too. The rulers are just killing it but don't care.
Lagos itself is an economic refugee. The money used to build Lagos came from the Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by babajero(m): 7:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
franklyfrank:
Lagos itself is an economic refugee. The money used to build Lagos came from the Niger Delta.
True talk
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Pavarottii(m): 7:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
sogodihno:

Eko o ni baje o.

Wen u give them control of their resources and open their ports... Watch how they will leave in droves...
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 12, 2019
Rubicon67:

Lagos is Lagos, port or no port. London doesn't have port and yet it is a triving City .

Lagos has the alluring energy, vibrancy, economic dynamics and that is why it is the melting point of people from different cultures and states.

Abuja is the seat of power with better roads with relatively planned layouts but it can never be compared to Lagos...no where in Nigeria can. It either you have it or you dont.

I wanted to reply you but then I thought:Leave him.He will learn someday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back / Peter Obi: Labour Party Now Mass Movement / PDP mocks APC over flopped one-million-man march

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.