Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

How Lagos Is Dying - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lagos Is Dying (22890 Views)

How Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Fraudulently Collected N32.5m As Travel Allowance - SR / How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity / How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Silas6(m): 10:09am On Oct 05, 2019
IamAtikulate:

That is the problem with an average Yoruba moslems.

They are shouting SE/SS that believes in Lagos and invest hard to make it grow but forget to direct their attention to the Northerners that import only Okada, sleeps under the bridge and dirty the entire state.

The highest thing a Northern will do in Lagos is to rent one shop and occupy there with 15 people but an average Igboman that will buy will land, build house and establish businesses is problem to a lazy afonja yoot.

Una never see anything, we will rather pursue una back to Osogbo than to leave Lagos unless the Aworis and Binis ask us to leave

Una have problem, serious one.

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 05, 2019
Lagos is growing into a third world mega market; not a mega city.

If anyone is to be blamed, everyone is to be blamed.

Don't ask me why.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by highmood(m): 10:43am On Oct 05, 2019
ODVanguard:
Lagos needs serious decongesting. The state can barely handle any more influx of economic migrants. Other states should do more to keep their folks from moving to Lagos en masse.
My brother, the government of Lagos and the federal government knows this. The greed of Lagos government and some of it's political elites will not allow them tell the federal government the
real truth that Lagos is actually dying.
Lagos would have been one of the tourist and international business centre in West africa and the world at large if not because of Selfishness. Why can't they tell the Federal Government to open and develop other sea ports, make other airport in Nigeria functional, build other government institutions in other states so that every body should not be trooping to Lagos and Lagos then could plan its city properly.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by whirlwind7(m): 10:46am On Oct 05, 2019
Kapilta:
your time is almost up invader, all you intruders and invaders wherever you come from shall be chased out of our lands. Go and build your mansion in wherever you come from. Leave our lands, invaders.

See?
You keep justifying your being called a cretin grin
The people you call invaders fought a civil war for 3 bitter years to quit this country. They lost millions of souls in the process. We wanted to leave, but you all refused.
Your kinsman, Benjamin Adekunle, aka black scorpion murdered them in their hundreds of thousands. You and your people insisted we must be a part of naijiria.
After we couldn't take it anymore, we reluctantly stayed.
Yet, you have the guts to call SEasterners invaders
Just be patient. The "invaders" will legally buy the entire Lagos. Even your god Tinubu will become our tenant soon.
As for you, you will be lucky if you get a job as shoeshiner to my driver grin

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by highmood(m): 11:06am On Oct 05, 2019
Kapilta:
i know you mo.ro.n enjoy blaming others for your woes. So we here are able to generate our own electricity, we are able to extract our own oil and bitumen in Ondo state and we also have our own security apparatus?

Such a frustrated soul. Go back to your region/land is all we are saying you invaders. Go away, well if you refuse to go gently, you will leave our land forcefully. It's just a matter of time.
Hear yourself! Yet you would stand in the streets protesting Xenophobic attacks against Nigeria while you just displayed a xenophobic tendency by your utterances.
Go around Lagos, compare where the Igbo's lives and do businesses to where the Hausa's does. Compare where the Igbos have opened up in Lagos and where the Yoruba's have been living for long and tell Nigerians that the Igbos are causing Nuisance.
Rather than wish some set of people bad, rather tap from the grace. I can't wish the southwest bad since I can tap from the grace of it been the former capital and other benefits it carries. So, if an average Igbo man is a good business man, why not emulate them and surpass them if you can.
Personally, let Nigeria Federal government open up the river and sea ports in the east and south south, as well as make other airports in the east and south south international. Let them build other fed institutions in the east and south south and watch Lagos, Ogun, Kano and Ibadan experience a massive decrease in population within 2 years.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Kapilta(m): 11:14am On Oct 05, 2019
whirlwind7:

See?
You keep justifying your being called a cretin grin
The people you call invaders fought a civil war for 3 bitter years to quit this country. They lost millions of souls in the process. We wanted to leave, but you all refused.
Your kinsman, Benjamin Adekunle, aka black scorpion murdered them in their hundreds of thousands. You and your people insisted we must be a part of naijiria.
After we couldn't take it anymore, we reluctantly stayed.
Yet, you have the guts to call SEasterners invaders
Just be patient. The "invaders" will legally buy the entire Lagos. Even your god Tinubu will become our tenant soon.
As for you, you will be lucky if you get a job as shoeshiner to my driver grin
coming from a gala and lacasera traffic hawker. Buy all you want in your imagination. Go home, invaders and intruders. That's all that i know. Leave our lands alone.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Kapilta(m): 11:19am On Oct 05, 2019
highmood:
Hear yourself! Yet you would stand in the streets protesting Xenophobic attacks against Nigeria while you just displayed a xenophobic tendency by your utterances.
Go around Lagos, compare where the Igbo's lives and do businesses to where the Hausa's does. Compare where the Igbos have opened up in Lagos and where the Yoruba's have been living for long and tell Nigerians that the Igbos are causing Nuisance.
Rather than wish some set of people bad, rather tap from the grace. I can't wish the southwest bad since I can tap from the grace of it been the former capital and other benefits it carries. So, if an average Igbo man is a good business man, why not emulate them and surpass them if you can.
Personally, let Nigeria Federal government open up the river and sea ports in the east and south south, as well as make other airports in the east and south south international. Let them build other fed institutions in the east and south south and watch Lagos, Ogun, Kano and Ibadan experience a massive decrease in population within 2 years.
Calabar port, Port harcourt port and International airport are all working, stop looking for words to justify your invasion of another mans land all in the name of One Nigeria, whatever your group especially suffers in the One Nigeria your ancestor created concerns me less at least it was that your very ancestor that handed you over to Fulani as slave. Now go back home and leave our lands, Intruder. Pack your other brethren invaders with you and go back home. The ruins you've all caused our lands is enough. Let there be no human on it self, we'll appreciate it like that. You all should go back to wherever you come from. I care less where that might be. Just leave our lands.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by AdoIfHitlerr(f): 11:32am On Oct 05, 2019
[s]
sogodihno:

Don't worry, ur body go tell u last last, u will know their is difference btw indigenes and visitors.
[/s]
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by eluquenson(m): 11:48am On Oct 05, 2019
Lagos has been like this before, but it's gradually increasing its population.

The only problem I have with Lagos is death is very very cheap there.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by whirlwind7(m): 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
Kapilta:
coming from a gala and lacasera traffic hawker. Buy all you want in your imagination. Go home, invaders and intruders. That's all that i know. Leave our lands alone.

Gala and lacasera hawkers?
You elevate me so much, cretin. I don't have the means to trade-in gala or lacasera. I limit myself to pure water.
With that, I will still own you and your people. I don't need much money to begin with. The 20 pounds your Awo gave us is even too much.

I need less than ₦1,000. With a lot of patience, perseverance and determination, I will build my empire.
I don't need government patronage. I leave that to you and your people who always grovel at the feet of FG always grin
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Basher8583: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
See this Igbo man talking about maiguards. These are the least of lagos problem. Its his kinsmen from the east that are constituting a serious nuisance in Lagos. They come in droves to Lagos on a daily basis. To them Lagos is thier New York. Majority of them land in Lagos with no idea of what to do probably even no where to sleep. They are the prostitutes, gala sellers, okada riders, okrika sellers, road hawkers, robbers, 419 you name it.
If you think I'm just making this up wait till December and see how free and decongested Lagos will be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
ArticleBeast:

Yeah you not far from the truth. You know this mentality of people rushing to lagos for greener pasture, nollywood played a huge role. Ikenna in the movies moves to lagos with no skill or education, in 2 months time, he returns with a range rover. Most of us while growing up started to conceive the notion of Lagos being a 'hammer' ground. I lived there for 2 months and I nearly lost my sanity. The rush, noise, pollution, fake lifestyle, leeching and dubious attitude,I just couldnt deal with it.
Hahahahaha!
This is so funny.

Ikenna. Well, Lagos is a crazy place o. Some people spend a total of six hours commuting to work to and fro...DAILY!
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Basher8583: 12:36pm On Oct 05, 2019
IamAtikulate:

That is the problem with an average Yoruba moslems.

They are shouting SE/SS that believes in Lagos and invest hard to make it grow but forget to direct their attention to the Northerners that import only Okada, sleeps under the bridge and dirty the entire state.

The highest thing a Northern will do in Lagos is to rent one shop and occupy there with 15 people but an average Igboman that will buy will land, build house and establish businesses is problem to a lazy afonja yoot.

Una never see anything, we will rather pursue una back to Osogbo than to leave Lagos unless the Aworis and Binis ask us to leave

Una have problem, serious one.

Nobody asked for your help to develop anything. Your SE region needs serious and urgent attention in development. Please develop there first. Na so you like Yoruba people reach? When Yoruba people start Fvcking you up now you go dey use the victim card. Losers
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Makuos19: 1:02pm On Oct 05, 2019
Basher8583:

Nobody asked for your help to develop anything. Your SE region needs serious and urgent attention in development. Please develop there first. Na so you like Yoruba people reach? When Yoruba people start Fvcking you up now you go dey use the victim card. Losers
Are you from Lagos? How many people living in lagos are from lagos
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by DexterousOne(m): 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
Esseite:
When we rather go into residential buildings than manufacturing to bring about employment..

When we rather build hotels than Assembly plants for exports..

When we rather use farmlands for recreational businesses than farming itself..

We always want the easy way out as Nigerians, quick money mentality is killing us gradually.

Exactly
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by DexterousOne(m): 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2019
Duggedised12:
The only way to decongest lagos is if corporate companies relocate their headqarters to other states . since lagos used to be a capital city all the corporate headuqaters of major companies in Nigeria are all there which is the major thing that attracts the influx. But hey i guess no governor will want to loose their gdp so they will keep dancing round the main problem.

That is not the case

Other States and cities failed themselves

Lagos is feeling the brunt
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by DexterousOne(m): 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2019
RichDad1:

Don’t mind them. Always quick to advice others how to run their states while baby factory , kidnapping and other vices are the main hustle in their home town. Awon oniyeye

You see am
The reason why Nigeria remains a $hithole

Lack of objective reasoning
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Duggedised12(f): 1:49pm On Oct 05, 2019
DexterousOne:

That is not the case

Other States and cities failed themselves

Lagos is feeling the brunt
lagos is concentrated ,tell me any big corporation that their headquaters is not in Lagos. In some companies you need to go through lagos to be posted to the rest of the country.

But then if you have a better idea of how to deconjest lagos feel free to share.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by DexterousOne(m): 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
Duggedised12:
lagos is concentrated ,tell me any big corporation that their headquaters is not in Lagos. In some companies you need to go through lagos to be posted to the rest of the country.

But then if you have a better idea of how to deconjest lagos feel free to share.

Warri used to go head to head with Lagos

The foolishness of the natives ruined it

Kaduna and Kano used to draw many migrant from the south
Insecurity and religious extremism drove many away

Port Harcourt used to be the king of the south
Cultism and militancy and "Devee" have ruined it

Onitsha used to be kidnappers avenue
Many big men fled to Lagos that was considered safe
Aba is a write off

Only Lagos and Abuja remain

Businesses can only thrive where it is safe and welcoming

When the natives of the aforementioned places were doing all tht
They no know say it will end like this
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Basher8583: 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
Makuos19:

Are you from Lagos? How many people living in lagos are from lagos
How is that your business. Is SW your region? Mind your business and stay in your region to develop it since you know how to run your mouth.
I'm from the north living in Lagos and I apreciate my host (SW). They are fantastic and accomodating.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Makuos19: 3:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
Basher8583:

How is that your business. Is SW your region? Mind your business and stay in your region to develop it since you know how to run your mouth.
I'm from the north living in Lagos and I apreciate my host (SW). They are fantastic and accomodating.
Oga, are you from Lagos? Yes or No
If No. Then leave lagos too and go and develope your village/state. Afterall lagos is no mans land!!!

Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
RichDad1:

I won’t join you in name calling. You’ve exposed your usual low self esteem. smiley
Leave us to collect half bag of rice. After all your kinsmen are happy to collect 1 liter of kerosene from your hero Ikpeazu, while he keeps owing them salaries and the whole place is now filthy.
If anyone need advice , your village people needs it more.
FYI, Lagos don’t owe salaries and despite the challenges of over population, it’s still the best Nigerian city. Deal with it!

I think this tribal abuse is childish. We all know there is a big problem in Lagos. The city is choking at an alarming rate I was born and brought up in Lagos, Apapa and Surulere to be precise. Bode Thomas, park lane in Apapa all used to be posh areas then, but now the place is just whacked if not for Fashola's road rehab of Bode Thomas and Eric Moore roads, the place would have been a filthy zone. I had to move to the Island because in Surulere you see a large army of unemployed boys sitting at every street and corner once you come back from work they are hailing you ahhh!!!!!!!!! Egbon find us something and if you don't do that you are at their hit list because they know the time you come in and when you go out so they can get to you easily.

We have a real issue in our hands in this Lagos and It will take for Lagos government, Tinubu and Co to forget the greed and mount pressure on government to open other ports so that shipping meant for either North or South East can go through there and not necessarily Lagos and that also FG should give incentives to companies to establish HQs outside Lagos as this would really go a long way in decongestant Lagos.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Duggedised12(f): 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2019
DexterousOne:

Warri used to go head to head with Lagos

The foolishness of the natives ruined it

Kaduna and Kano used to draw many migrant from the south
Insecurity and religious extremism drove many away

Port Harcourt used to be the king of the south
Cultism and militancy and "Devee" have ruined it

Onitsha used to be kidnappers avenue
Many big men fled to Lagos that was considered safe
Aba is a write off

Only Lagos and Abuja remain

Businesses can only thrive where it is safe and welcoming

When the natives of the aforementioned places were doing all tht
They no know say it will end like this
And now lagos is dying ,so after all this ,what is the solution? Cos all i read i didn't see in single solution.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 05, 2019
Kapilta:
Calabar port, Port harcourt port and International airport are all working, stop looking for words to justify your invasion of another mans land all in the name of One Nigeria, whatever your group especially suffers in the One Nigeria your ancestor created concerns me less at least it was that your very ancestor that handed you over to Fulani as slave. Now go back home and leave our lands, Intruder. Pack your other brethren invaders with you and go back home. The ruins you've all caused our lands is enough. Let there be no human on it self, we'll appreciate it like that. You all should go back to wherever you come from. I care less where that might be. Just leave our lands.

They are not working oooo. Calabar port needs dredging which FG has been dribbling about it
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by oyatz(m): 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2019
This is the first person to mention tribe on this thread and I am not surprised.

kettykin:
If you want to see Lagos dead click like, if you want to see Lagos live click share.

I will follow this thread with another thread of who killed Lagos . Some funny people think igbos killed Lagos but the action or inaction of the APC led state government has not only killed but buried lagos.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by plaindealer: 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2019
Igbos just can not eat, breath or exist without wishing evil, wishing death and promoting hatred and destruction.

And you wonder why they eternally remain lost in the wilderness and at the bottom of everything in Nigeria.

God is never on the side of evil people.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by oyatz(m): 5:03pm On Oct 05, 2019
This woman has started today.

AdoIfHitlerr:
[s][/s]
shatap
oshogbo slum claiming Lagos

Lagos is a no man's land
oba of Lagos is just a vagabond political bastard puppet

kiss the truth
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Basher8583: 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2019
Makuos19:

Oga, are you from Lagos? Yes or No
If No. Then leave lagos too and go and develope your village/state. Afterall lagos is no mans land!!!

Either you are blind or you lack comprehension skills. So you did not see where i wrote that I'm from the north and appreciate my host the Yorubas. Unlike you... looking for no means land to dwell. When gbege start now na on top 911 you and your entire family go dey straight to Onitsha like refugee. The one wey dem do you for SA never teach you lesson. You are still running that your akpu mouth abi.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by IamAtikulate: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2019
Basher8583:

Who is this almajiri?

Whether we need development or not, at least we are not world poverty headquarters.
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by Basher8583: 6:04pm On Oct 05, 2019
IamAtikulate:

Who is this almajiri?

Whether we need development or not, at least we are not world poverty headquarters.

You don't see us complaining and whining about it. What else
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by IamAtikulate: 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
sogodihno:

Don't worry, ur body go tell u last last, u will know their is difference btw indigenes and visitors.
If a Yoruba man is beating the drum of war, I will go back to sleep. IBB
Re: How Lagos Is Dying by IamAtikulate: 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
Kapilta:
your time is almost up invader, all you intruders and invaders wherever you come from shall be chased out of our lands. Go and build your mansion in wherever you come from. Leave our lands, invaders.
Which land? I hope you are not referring to Lagos?

NYSC just discharged new Corp members, many of our brothers are finding their way to Lagos.

Una go tire, una say una love one Nigeria abi?

We will continue to build up our population in Lagos and you shitt can't do anything.

Ndi ara!

One Nigeria Amaka!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Falana To Malami: You Risk Being Removed As AGF If You Fail To Release Sowore / Buhari Is Silent Over Libya Slave Trade Cuz Those Sold Are Mostly Igbos - FFK / Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.