Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God (24729 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by oka4ugoo: 9:39am On Oct 06, 2019
R
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by 912(m): 9:39am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Blind bat, reward is different from salvation. Jesus will save first then reward for good works. Stop mixing reward with salvation

It's funny how people insult others while trying to argue about religion and righteousness.

You are already calling someone names while at the same time claiming to understand your religion.

May God help us!

21 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by lloyds(m): 9:39am On Oct 06, 2019
Tithe is an instruction to be given to the priests, the tribe of Levi.

They have no inheritenace, God is their inheritance in Deuteronomi.

Every true servant of God has been crated into that lineage tru the son of David, Jesus.

There is a place for sacrifices and offerings.

There is also a place for alms.

All these confused pastors self.

1 Like

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by TheSociopath(m): 9:39am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
This is a pure rubbish teaching coming from a Catholic Bishop of gay kingdom.

Where did God order that we should do what this preacher said with our tithe? Nowhere. What God said in Malachai 3:10 is that we should bring the tithe to his house. He didn't say we should branch somewhere else with it.

Yes, the pastor's idea seems like a reasonably brilliant and kind one, but that doesn't make it right in God's eyes. Remember that the way man thinks is different from the way God thinks.

Man thinks it is a good thing to give the tithe to someone in need of it. But where did God say such about tithe? Nowhere. He only said to bring it to his house and from there it is distributed to the needy.

Think of it this way: You are on your way to the hospital with 100k to pay for your child's medical bills. Suddenly you found a needy man. Be honest with yourself, will you give the money to the needy man to the detriment of your child in the hospital?

I can bet you won't. So why do you now think it is right to give your tithe to the needy man? Remember, it is God's money and you have no right to decide how to help God spend it, especially when he gave you no such order.

Look, don't let people bamboozle you weird scenarios like the one given by the preacher. Always stand by God's command. The tithe is his, and the only thing you can do with it is to take it to his house, nowhere else.

They may even use your child as an example, saying what if your child is sick and the money needed for treatment is equivalent to the tithe money you have, which is your last dime.

What will I say in this case? Give that money to God because it is his. At this point many will be kicking against me. Little do they know that they are kicking against Jesus who said...

Mathew 10:37
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Why do you think Abraham is referred to as a friend of God today? Because he obeyed God by proceeding to sacrifice his son Isaac as commanded by God. He didn't think twice. But people who are not worthy of Jesus are the ones who will disobey him by doing the thoughts of their heart instead of his word.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV)
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

You're so off point. If you're in a road accident and. youre in a critical situation and there's someone can help you with his tithe, would you decline? Your examples are off point, they don't correlate

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by frubben(m): 9:41am On Oct 06, 2019
Well done sir. It is rare to see true talking man of God this days

6 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Blackvic1: 9:41am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Where did God order that we should do what this preacher said with our tithe? Nowhere. What God said in Malachai 3:10 is that we should bring the tithe to his house. He didn't say we should branch somewhere else with it.

Yes, the pastor's idea seems like a reasonably brilliant and kind one, but that doesn't make it right in God's eyes. Remember that the way man thinks is different from the way God thinks.

Man thinks it is a good thing to give the tithe to someone in need of it. But where did God say such about tithe? Nowhere. He only said to bring it to his house and from there it is distributed to the needy.

Think of it this way: You are on your way to the hospital with 100k to pay for your child's medical bills. Suddenly you found a needy man. Be honest with yourself, will you give the money to the needy man to the detriment of your child in the hospital?

I can bet you won't. So why do you now think it is right to give your tithe to the needy man? Remember, it is God's money and you have no right to decide how to help God spend it, especially when he gave you no such order.

Look, don't let people bamboozle you weird scenarios like the one given by the preacher. Always stand by God's command. The tithe is his, and the only thing you can do with it is to take it to his house, nowhere else.

They may even use your child as an example, saying what if your child is sick and the money needed for treatment is equivalent to the tithe money you have, which is your last dime.

What will I say in this case? Give that money to God because it is his. At this point many will be kicking against me. Little do they know that they are kicking against Jesus who said...

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Why do you think Abraham is referred to as a friend of God today? Because he obeyed God by proceeding to sacrifice his son Isaac as commanded by God. He didn't think twice. But people who are not worthy of Jesus are the ones who will disobey him by doing the thoughts of their heart instead of his word.

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
i Support the rev from all you said you just sounded like a Pharisee either you are a pastor well if not I don’t see any reason why you are defending them first of what Jesus instructed us to do is help the needy your neighbor it will be counted unto you if I have my tithe and my Neighbour hasn’t paid his rent I will give it to my Neighbour instead of bringing it to the church that will be counter to me as Blessing Nigerian Christians are very funny..,always translating the Bible to fit there selfish greedy and manipulative plans

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by William5432: 9:41am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The first paragraph of your comment reeks of bitterness towards Catholic Church, so i won't take any sentimental comment of yours serious.

And when time comes, you shall be told "when i was hungry, you didn't feed me".

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by MPESA(m): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You ain't making sense here, in fact you are stup.d by trying to defend and justify oyedepo.

5 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by lloyds(m): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2019
Twisting the Bible to gain cheap popularity. .

Am not a pastor at all, but I read the book of the law.
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by hope4nigeria(m): 9:43am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

the team adeboye, oledepo children, they understand this man is about to destroy thier business.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Seandisputed(m): 9:43am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

I've been seeing some of your posts and you keep proving me right that you're too stupid to be a human

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Dreambeat: 9:44am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

..And you started your preaching/ teaching by first insulting a preacher but you want us to accept/ believe your version.Okay good luck!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by achikolo(f): 9:44am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
alBHAGDADI:

[/s]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by MPESA(m): 9:44am On Oct 06, 2019
StrikeBack:
As usual albhagdadi

Don't allow OYeDEpO see this. What else should the tithe be for if not for the needy,

Religious establishment is set up as a business in Nigeria.

Rendering service(HOPE) in return for huge money

That guy is so stup.d, imagine calling a Rev father name just to justify oyedepo ..... This is madness.

8 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Ayoefa: 9:44am On Oct 06, 2019
Do people seriously need one of these religious slave pastorprenual masters to tell them what to do before doing the common sense thing? People have been reduced to religious zombies. Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by frubben(m): 9:45am On Oct 06, 2019
TheSociopath:

You're so off point. If you're in a road accident and. youre in a critical situation and there's someone can help you with his tithe, would you decline? Your examples are off point, they don't correlate
that guy na big malu

5 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by perousd: 9:46am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Heart less Thief!. You succeeded in quoting unrelated cases and scriptures. Read about tithe again in Deuteronomy and tell me the different type of tithe and how you got the one you're practicing now. So you'll allow a man Die because you want to give to your pastor? Have u heard about the new testament? Have you heard about the greatest commandment? Have u ever heard about love? Have you heard that whatsoever you do to the brethren, you do unto God? Bros. You're just wicked. Forget religion.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 06, 2019
jesusjnr:
It makes sense. Infact giving to the poor and needy is the only type of giving that Jesus said could determine if someone goes to heaven or not:

Matthew 25:34-36 (KJV)

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Matthew 19:21 (KJV)

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Luke 12:33 (KJV)

33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

But never tithing, for there was never a time in the whole Bible, not just in Jesus' teachings, it was said or even suggested that giving of tithes could be factorial in anyone making heaven or not.

In fact, if anything, it was shown to be very inconsequential in that respect, as the Pharisees who prided themselves so much in the giving of tithes, and used it to condemn others who don't tithe, were portrayed by Jesus as the chief candidates of hell during His ministry on Earth:

Matthew 23:15 (KJV)

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Matthew 23:33 (KJV)

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

So if you're someone who over-emphasizes tithing, be afraid for yourself. Or if you know someone else who does, be afraid for that person, for so did the Pharisees.

God bless.
May God continue to give you divine wisdom. I said all these to a nairalander in the past week when we were discussing some important points in the scripture. If our Lord Jesus didn't emphasize tithe when he was in human flesh, preaching the gospel but dwelling more on holiness and repentance of sin, helping the needy...I just keyed into it. I don't want to mention how much I give but it's more than the so called tithe and it goes to the poor and needy mostly. It's always a selfish move when some preachers would dwell only on the old testament just to back their sermons on tithe with little emphasis on what Christ preaches. if you're blessed by God but you don't give enough, it's up to you. If you now give more than the so called tithe, then your blessings would overflow.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Putin007: 9:47am On Oct 06, 2019

7 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Lexicon123: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

. One question please: what would you have done if find yourself in the scenario the priest painted? Would you allow the accident victim die and take your “God-required “ tithe to the church? Or would you save the victim with your tithe?

9 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by HateGAYbriel: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2019
What you said is quite shallow. Since you sticking to Malachi like every other pastorpreneur out there, can you please share your thoughts on what same scriptures says about the utilization of the tithe as regards eating it in the place the Lord has chosen?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by dave4rella(m): 9:50am On Oct 06, 2019
cheesy
Some business center owners (pastors)
Will come for him

6 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by sykeng(m): 9:51am On Oct 06, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
trash

Real trash

1 Like

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by BafanaBafana: 9:51am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

There is no law on tithing in Malachi. The law on tithing was stated in Deuteronomy like every other law. I wonder why you guys always avoid that

5 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by ToluNewman: 9:52am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

And you believe all this poo you typed?

5 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by ecclize: 9:54am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Mr heretic, Jesus never said our works play a role in getting us to heaven. He said in John 3:16 that believe is all we need to have eternal life.

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

His apostle Paul also condemned works as a criteria to make heaven. Paul corroborated Jesus when he said faith/believe is what saves us, not works.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Even the passage you quoted showed that the people whom Jesus commended for good works were already on his right hand. How did they get there? They got there because he saved them for having faith in him. It is that faith that led them to do good works while on Earth. It is not the good works that got them saved, otherwise Jesus death would be said to be useless to them since they could work their way into heaven.

You are here glorifying work based salvation and at the same time condemning the Pharisees for boasting about their works. Since you believe in work based salvation, you are no different in that you will also boast about your works on judgment day. But see what the passage said below about salvation. Read the bold

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

On the judgment day, you will be among those whom Jesus will say he never knew because you are not trusting in him but in your wonderful works

Matthew 7:21-23 King James Version (KJV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

@first bold

What is the will of the father?

John 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Do you see how this goes in line with John 3:16?

You are not doing the will of God by believing in Jesus to give you eternal life. Instead you are trusting in your works to save you. You are trying to save yourself. For that you will be damned because you have rejected the finished work of Christ on the cross.
eventhough what u said is correct in the context of what God demand (faith)... yet ur arguement is not in tandem with what u are reacting to..
The argument is about tithing...
and from what u reacted to I didn't see where the dude said it is about ur work as a Christian... what he said is just one out of the things Christians should do to make heaven (he never said is the only thing to do)...

You have only succeeded to give another aspect of it and not a counter argument...
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by xynerise: 9:54am On Oct 06, 2019
Smh...some of those claiming to know the Bible well and even claim to be Born again are actually the ones raining more insults to each other.

Bunch of Eye service Christians

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by shadeyinka(m): 9:54am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

But no where is tithe stated as money in the scriptures. Let's balance everything!

4 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 06, 2019
Oya, kill the young man oh ye pentecostal mad fellas who read bible like James Hadley Chase novels. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Blackvic1: 9:59am On Oct 06, 2019
lloyds:
Tithe is an instruction to be given to the priests, the tribe of Levi.

They have no inheritenace, God is their inheritance in Deuteronomi.

Every true servant of God has been crated into that lineage tru the son of David, Jesus.

There is a place for sacrifices and offerings.

There is also a place for alms.

All these confused pastors self.

lol leave them deceiving the gullibles for there own selfish gain the so called Malachi they quote all the time was for the levites they were Robbing God...it’s like God talking to today’s pastors the essence of tithing was because the levites where not working and they were even suppose to share the proceeds of the tithe to the widows the less privileges the poor people ... but today’s pastors give 0.5% of the proceeds to the poor for clout and camera this generation is finished

1 Like

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Kaymaxine(m): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You still didn't make sense even with all the epistle you wrote!!!
Go and sacrifice your family so that you will be called "friend of God".
What was Jesus's main bone of contention when he was on earth It was about taking care of the motherless,widows, widowers,sick, prisoners,homeless, orphans.
Jesus came to abolish the old laws.
You don't have the right to judge or call people names...whether they are genuine men of God or not.
Do what is right in your own eyes and leave others to their opinions!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 06, 2019
Buhari get sense pass you and everybody wey like and share this rubbish you post.

alBHAGDADI:

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ten Characteristics Of A Church Choir / Prophet Mezziah Mrakpor On Top Of A Table Preaching To His Members In Delta / Olumba Olumba Warns Trump "You Must Stop Provoking God"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 205
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.