Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. (9457 Views)

How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise / Urgently In Need Of A Licensed Dealer Who Can Buy On Copart / I Am A Clearing And Forwarding Agent And A Car Dealer (apapa Tin Can) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by MeeLan: 1:26pm On Oct 05, 2019
Why give a dude 2m without seeing car, when those with fresh cars are begging with paid adverts?
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ponching(m): 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
MeeLan:
Why give a dude 2m without seeing car, when those with fresh cars are begging with paid adverts?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Badabada(m): 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2019
Tnkx to you all for taking this upon yourself. If we continue dis way, 9ja will be a better place for us all to coexist.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Conner44: 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2019
healthserve:

Go and report to EFCC. My verdict here. He has nothing solid to profer as solution just saying three weeks two weeks. Please walk into EFCC spend just 100k and have this guy smoked out

So after he’s been fleeced and goes to report to the authorities they will still insist you pay for them to do the job government is already paying them to do?

Oh heavens cry... Jesus you promised you’d return again but please please let God find a virgin in Nigeria that can be worthy to give birth to you this time
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Victorious12: 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2019
ponching:
I have just lost my hard earned 3.4m naira to a scammer who claims to be a car dealer.

I met this guy last year in Enugu when he came to deliver a car to somebody and we exchanged contacts as I wanted to buy a one for myself too.
Late last year(December), I bought a 2011 Toyota camry from him. February this year too I bought a 2006 Honda pilot from him although he delayed before delivering this Honda. I usually give him advance then he brings the car and I balance him. March 11th 2019 I gave him money for a 2008 Toyota Tacoma, till today he hasn't been picking my calls. As of a month ago he has switched off all his numbers I have.

Pls I need any positive advice on how to track this man and get my money back.
He only chats me on WhatsApp though his line isn't going through and he doesn't pick my whatsap calls.
what's his name, were is he based. Drop his account details
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ponching(m): 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
Victorious12:
what's his name, were is he based. Drop his account details

I've done that already sir.
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Arysexy(m): 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
Is it possible for one of us to chat him about interest in buying a car. Then waylay him at d point of meeting him in any location he decides?

I want this crook arrested immediately before he elopes.

Let his passport be marked by immigration so that any attempt to escape will be thwarted. I have a feeling this guy is processing his travel documents as we chat. If we delay he will escape

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by MrCoker: 3:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
So, what's delaying the combined effort of everybody here to ensure this guy is arrested? . What?
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Kingsdave(m): 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2019
This guy wants to plan a smater way of evading all of us.... giving him 2 weeks is bad.. he is buying time

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by healthserve(m): 6:08pm On Oct 05, 2019
Buffalo2:
can you imagine that. Well, in every town, we have the good, the bad and the ugly anyway.

Abi. Hes frantically begging me as I type this now to plead on his behalf for stay of apprehension
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by healthserve(m): 6:08pm On Oct 05, 2019
Arysexy:
Is it possible for one of us to chat him about interest in buying a car. Then waylay him at d point of meeting him in any location he decides?

Let his passport be marked by immigration so that any attempt to escape will be thwarted. I have a feeling this guy is processing his travel documents as we chat. If we delay he will escape

Good idea
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ponching(m): 7:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
healthserve:

Abi. Hes frantically begging me as I type this now to plead on his behalf for stay of apprehension

The guy is a crook

1 Like

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by healthserve(m): 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2019
ponching:

The guy is a crook

He is now accusing me as a traitor to my " clan " and that I was only interested in bringing him down from the very beginning not helping to resolve the issue. I told him to tell that to EFCC when they catch him. Do everything within your disposal to have the authorities nab him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
we will mark that monday morning. cc ponching note

Arysexy:

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by healthserve(m): 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
Arysexy:

His passport needs to be red flagged immediately. Benin republic comes to mind as an immediate escape point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ponching(m): 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2019
healthserve:

He is now accusing me as a traitor to my " clan " and that I was only interested in bringing him down from the very beginning not helping to resolve the issue. I told him to tell that to EFCC when they catch him. Do everything within your disposal to have the authorities nab him.

You see���
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by greggng: 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2019
Don't put your money in the hands of anyone in the name of trust. Cash and carry still remains the best. Will people learn from all this people experiences....the answer is No cos truth is bitter. Will they come to nairaland to lament ....the answer is yes cos they will never learn. Whenever you post security tips, they won't read cos the claim too busy but they 've all the time to lament when things go wrong . The point I am making is that we should learn how to be proactive instead of reactive

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by healthserve(m): 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2019
ponching:

You see���

He's now harassing me blaming me for theinability to reach a resolution today. imagine o
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Joystark(f): 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2019
ponching:

I have checked his accounts, he has no money there. His other account with UBA has about 150k but is already frozen.

Pls how did you do that?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2019
healthserve:

Well. We're tribal/clannish brothers. Hes unstable abeg. Just have him reported if he doesn't call you to profer solutions by the end of today
Good job on keeping the heat on the guy. What I know from my own sleuthing is he is still in the country. God bless you for the efforts.
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
Joystark:

Pls how did you do that?
Close marking
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by deavicky(m): 10:56pm On Oct 05, 2019
Report him to EFCC I'm sure they take action as they are looking for work to do. That is yahoo yahoo and efcc seems not like it.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
deavicky:
Report him to EFCC I'm sure they take action as they are looking for work to do. That is yahoo yahoo and efcc seems not like it.

yes
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by hAlexandro(m): 12:04am On Oct 06, 2019
grin grin this is gonna be interesting
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by charles009(m): 3:07am On Oct 06, 2019
I equally gave him a truck load of heat on wassap, he was trying to explain some gibberish. I quickly reminded him that he is gonna get a lengthy incarceration behind bars, and advised him to turn himself in. He came with a bla bla of how today is bad and tomorrow is gonna be better shit.

Listen, seize contacting him, get him picked up asap. Stop wassaping him. This is advance fee fraud and efcc will eat him for food. Sometimes I wonder the moral right behind some folks disgraceful actions.

A couple of guys here, have also been on him. Well done all...

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 06, 2019
charles009:
I equally gave him a truck load of heat on wassap, he was trying to explain some gibberish. I quickly reminded him that he is gonna get a lengthy incarceration behind bars, and advised him to turn himself in. He came with a bla bla of how today is bad and tomorrow is gonna be better shit.

Listen, seize contacting him, get him picked up asap. Stop wassaping him. This is advance fee fraud and efcc will eat him for food. Sometimes I wonder the moral right behind some folks disgraceful actions.

A couple of guys here, have also been on him. Well done all...
I have forwarded this thread to the EFCC I expect the op to follow up with their physical address.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Stewart883(m): 6:34am On Oct 06, 2019
Very interesting thread
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ponching(m): 7:39am On Oct 06, 2019
Smartchoiice:

I have forwarded this thread to the EFCC I expect the op to follow up with their physical address.

Thanks guys. I appreciate your efforts.
He is asking if we can meet and sign an agreement but I know he won't show up.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ifnyioj22(m): 7:58am On Oct 06, 2019
Very unfortunate bro! God will take control, i think the family pic you included also might not be necessary..
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ponching(m): 8:09am On Oct 06, 2019
ifnyioj22:
Very unfortunate bro! God will take control, i think the family pic you included also might not be necessary..

Ok
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Vivianat(f): 8:37am On Oct 06, 2019
ponching:

Ok
Family pictures are very important. You need to spread the net far and wide

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2007 Model Toyota Camry Xle Full Option Used Selling Fast. / Clearing Of Your Consignment / Nigeria Used Hyundai Elantra 2007: Useage Close To A Year( pics included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.