Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. - Autos (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. (9486 Views)

How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise / Urgently In Need Of A Licensed Dealer Who Can Buy On Copart / I Am A Clearing And Forwarding Agent And A Car Dealer (apapa Tin Can) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Midex88(m): 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2020
So funny
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Ok38: 11:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
[quote author=greggng post=89799896][/quote]

*CRIMINAL DEFAMATION UNDER THE NIGERIAN LAW* [/b]

A defamation matter is defined in section 373 of the criminal code as a matter likely to injure the reputation of any person by exposing him to hatred, contempt or ridicule, or likely to damage any person in his profession or trade by injury to his reputation. Such matter may be expressed in spoken words or in words legibly marked on any substance whatever, or by any sign or object signifying such matter otherwise than by words and may be expressed either directly or by insinuation or irony. It is immaterial whether at the time of the publication of the defamatory matter, the person concerning whom such matter is published is living or dead.
To impute immoral or obscene conduct to a person is defamatory of that person. To allege that he is a thief or to impute to him the commission of any offence is also defamatory. To allege that a person has planned to kill some named persons is defamatory. It seems that merely to publish that one owes money is not defamatory; though if an inability to repay is implied it becomes defamatory.
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ponching(m): 10:21pm On Sep 24, 2020
Pure rubbish. What kind of poppycock is this? His dad died two years ago. Stop being foolish and tell your friend to refund my money. It's been almost two years. Which family? The one that claimed they haven't seen him in 5years?? You are Ndubuisi okafor indeed.

Ok38:
I want to advice everyone that before you post someone's image on a widely read online platform, there must have been a warrant. I picked interest in this story and decided to follow up, apparently the complainant already had two cars delivered and left with one pending. This case, if it goes to the police,it cannot be treated because it is commercial trading according to our laws. There has not been a court order or anything of such to give the poster the right to defame someone to this point. If we continue to allow this,the we are compromising ethics I. This manner. The complainant is one Mr Nonso Okafor whose photo appears here and he must be dubious by doing such a thing. We should learn how not to take laws into our own hands. The family currently are waiting,and I am sure they will take a legal action. When business goes wrong,you look for way to resolve and not to cheapishly go defame people. Nonso Okafor, you should pull down the post and write an apology. I am not holding brief for the guy but we must learn to follow the laws of our country. Go and take a look at the law of defamation and know exactly where you are headed. The person's father, you don't know him and I don't think you will want to face his wrath. Do the needful. If the guy is a scammer he won't send you his photo. Ensure you learn how to resolve your issue and don because internet is cheap,you can just post anything. If it was here in the US ,you would have been sorry for us. I am monitoring the post and all surely see that it is resolved amicably. You still chat with the guy from my findings,do the needful. This guy has supplied cars to notable people,even in the Army and Police and Navy, let's stop being cheap please and admin,please please,when auc posts come let the one who wrote it add his picture. Anyway, I just added Nonso Okafor pictures here. I am Ndubuisi Okafor
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ponching(m): 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
It's good to know that u just registered this account on the same day u wrote this shit. Partner in crime.

Ok38:

A defamation matter is defined in section 373 of the criminal code as a matter likely to injure the reputation of any person by exposing him to hatred, contempt or ridicule, or likely to damage any person in his profession or trade by injury to his reputation. Such matter may be expressed in spoken words or in words legibly marked on any substance whatever, or by any sign or object signifying such matter otherwise than by words and may be expressed either directly or by insinuation or irony. It is immaterial whether at the time of the publication of the defamatory matter, the person concerning whom such matter is published is living or dead.
To impute immoral or obscene conduct to a person is defamatory of that person. To allege that he is a thief or to impute to him the commission of any offence is also defamatory. To allege that a person has planned to kill some named persons is defamatory. It seems that merely to publish that one owes money is not defamatory; though if an inability to repay is implied it becomes defamatory.
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ponching(m): 8:10am On Sep 28, 2020
nonhuman:
If this guy is in Nigeria I will personally nab him if you want me to just keep efcc arround to hand over to immidiately

Pls do.
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ponching(m): 6:04am On Sep 20, 2021
Scum

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ponching(m): 4:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
Three years on. This criminal is still at Large sad
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ponching(m): 7:16am On Apr 28, 2023
ponching:
Three years on. This criminal is still at Large sad

Aworedjo Ogho Clement

Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by Kingdemu: 10:00am On Apr 28, 2023
ponching:

Aworedjo Ogho Clement
You still haven't got hold of him or your money?
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ponching(m): 12:30pm On May 17, 2023
Kingdemu:
You still haven't got hold of him or your money?

No sir. I recently go word he duped a lady of 6.5m and also some other lady contacted me last week and said he has not delivered her SUV for over two months now. I don't know how to stop this guy....
Re: How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. by ponching(m): 6:32am On Nov 04, 2023
Mugu

q

uote author=Ok38 post=93934092]

To impute immoral or obscene conduct to a person is defamatory of that person. To allege that he is a thief or to impute to him the commission of any offence is also defamatory. To allege that a person has planned to kill some named persons is defamatory. It seems that merely to publish that one owes money is not defamatory; though if an inability to repay is implied it becomes defamatory.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fairly Used Lexus RX330 2005 Full Option For Sale. SOLD. / 2020 Model Toyota Camry Sportz V6 Engine Full Option Brand New / Golf 3 Gti Engine Toks For Sale Price 760k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.