Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,535 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:34 PM

Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner (4568 Views)

Mc Oluomo Bans Illegal Agbero Taxes In Part Of Lagos, Following Protest / Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death / Sanwo-Olu Says Less than 700,000 people pay taxes in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by xpool(m): 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
Blue3k:

“As we speak today, we have about 300, 000 taxpayers registered in the state, and we also have about 10,000 businesses registered in Anambra.
Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/356057-only-300000-people-pay-taxes-in-anambra-commissioner.html

Biggest lie I have heard since my birth.
This pattern of lies is trending now from Lagos to anambra. Nigerian politicians have nothing but deception and con.
Every Nigerian living in any state is multi taxed .
In abambra state the citizens and visitors are over taxed way beyond acceptability. If you know the number of touts and thugs that anambra government sold taxation contracts to, you will cry for Nigeria.
They will tax you for carrying any bag of goods that has been taxed already by the government, buses and cabs are charged daily by government which are transfered to consumers.
PHC? What Nigerians pay to the various discos for electricity that they do not see will make you disown this country. The federal and state government have refused to meter electricity consumers and prefer to give in estimated bill. Consumers buy transformers for PHC with their hard earned money and yet, over pay for electricity.
The governors should just keep quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by demoBaba: 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
All this round figures
Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by freemanq(m): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2019
How many people dey chop 3times a day?not to talk of paying tax
Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by gwafaeziokwu: 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2019
This news is specifically for those using IGR to measure economic progress in a state.
Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by Afamed: 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2019
Simplyleo:
0.3m out of 4.5m pay tax?

And total IGR stands at N1.7b?

I thought this is where funding of the northern region comes from.
My comrade, I weak here ooo but what you don't know is that our income from Anambra actually comes from the monthly level such as the one below

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by ziegurf(m): 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2019
Onlydaughter:
I can proudly say I pay my taxes, I'm in no debt.

This is because of my political ambition in the nearest future.

I don't want wahala later.

...keep it up and I wish you success in your political ambition, any obstruction against your dreams shall collide/jam bulldozer

2 Likes

Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by Ghoststory: 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
What about the touts from Onitsha bridge head to toll gate wearing I.G.R uniforms ,They will even task you for what you're carrying on your head, what of the business premises levy you pay yearly .
AUDIO GOVERNOR
Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by steppin: 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2019
Anambralstson:

Truth be told, our people hate paying tax including me dear grin
Lmao! I just don't understand why Igbos generally do not pay tax.
Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by BULLIONVAN4(m): 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
Anambralstson:
Ok
Any update on this sir?
Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by emeraldlife: 4:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
Governor wan use tax kii people for Anambra. Don't mind that commissioner. From the pure water sellers to shop owners, from keke to heavy vehicles just to mention a few, everyone pay tax.

E remain residency and movement tax.
Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by Westbestside: 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2019
grin You will see them beating chest that they pay tax in lagos

1 Like

Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by Lexxyla: 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
Considering the fact that these people don't have access to basic amenities such as health care, infrastructure, quality education, e.t.c, I think the 300000 is too much. These people don't even have good water to drink to justify them paying tax.
Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by Legendguru: 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
Ok
Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 05, 2019
Simplyleo:
0.3m out of 4.5m pay tax?

And total IGR stands at N1.7b?

I thought this is where funding of the northern region comes from.

He said only 10% of the registered 300,00 people and 10,000 businesses pay tax, hence only 30,000 people and 1,000 businesses pay taxes in Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by kelly72: 6:07pm On Oct 05, 2019
If you have an effective tax administration system, then you can succeed taxing everyone.

If citizens see their tax payment transform into good infrastructure, security and easy business environment, more people will want to pay.

If you have managed the State so well that everyone finds an opportunity to participate in the economy, your tax revenue will increase on its own.

If you as government do not have an effective data base that positively identifies your citizens with the appropriate demographic information, you can only wish, but nobody will willingly pay.

So go and create the right conditions for tax revenue to thrive and stop noisemaking.

1 Like

Re: Only 300,000 People Pay Taxes In Anambra – Commissioner by tck2000(m): 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2019
if i hear

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality / Tinubu Ahead In Southwest, Northwest, Northcentral; Obi Southeast / My Father (and my father in law) Made Love To My Wife —gbenga Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.