Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University (37821 Views)

Meet Kofoworola Ademola, First African Woman To Graduate From Oxford University / Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Youngest Student, Admitted At 6, Graduated 14 / Hadiza Balarabe Receives Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Graduate At 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by sapele914(m): 11:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Truthbites:
Nigerians can claim .if u check well, the guy was MAYBE born in the UK.., has never been here. Is a Full British citizen and probably doesn't want to ever be associated with the shit hole ..he may have struggled all his life...to attain his success.. Next thing, Abike Dabiri or Lai Mohammed n co go claim am...
Yoruba no dey forget home, they love their history and very proud of their culture, go and ask Akeem Olajuwon “ The Dream “., or Seal, or Sade.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by danot1030: 2:53am On Oct 06, 2019
Generalnomercy:

Yoruba's are well known for their bitterness and hatred against Igbos...

As a person, I've never met any Yoruba person that is happy when someone from another tribe excels...

Try harder, at least your people will buy your story.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Truthbites: 5:35am On Oct 06, 2019
sapele914:
Yoruba no dey forget home, they love their history and very proud of their culture, go and ask Akeem Olajuwon “ The Dream “., or Seal, or Sade.

If u say so..all well and good..point I'm making is many Nigerians won't still want that association..the people u mentioned, nor grow here nau ..

but Naija leaders nor de try..things are bad. .
Yesterday, I saw a post on Chika Ike's visit to Brazil. She went to deliver a speech ..Omoh, if you see as Nigerians plenty for the crowd she de speak to..wetin Nigerians de go do for Brazil?

Let's stop defending evil and build a Nigeria for our generation
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by faruqola(m): 6:30am On Oct 06, 2019
this is the kind of story we want to read here not one tragedy story all the time... nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by m140(m): 7:07am On Oct 06, 2019
davibid:
Whether we like it or not Nigeria remains the pride of the black race

Long Live Nigeria

FTC please I’m waiting for my alert
Are you serious... does NL pay for ftc
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by davibid: 7:35am On Oct 06, 2019
madridsta007:

LOL.
It is this arrogant declaration — sadly, quite common— that is one of the problems of Nigeria.
You have a Buhari as President; a nation that is grappling with serious and for some parts, existential internal security issues in Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen Terrorists, a nation with power outage issues and terrible infrastructure across the country— then say, Nigeria is a “pride of the black race”? grin

Nigerians are professionals at deluding themselves. Even that isn’t something to be proud about.

You are right but we thrive regardless of huddles we faced with daily; imagine what Nigerians could do or would become should we are fortunate to have better leadership and conducive environments.
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by MrHeff(m): 9:32am On Oct 06, 2019
Truthbites:

So?do u know who my Dad is?
a nobody
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by MrHeff(m): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2019
theomerio:
m
Lmaoo the irony of this statement. Unless you are referring to crime and vice sha
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by ndukwejoe(m): 10:04am On Oct 06, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Yoruba Amaka!!!!

you people better Vote Yoruba SW

2023, you can select Professor Osinbajo of APC or Adesina of African Development bank PDP

Remember Obasanjo our guy, gave you GSM, Space Satelite, Stable Economy and cleared all your external debt while giving powers to Northerners and SouthSouth, better vote us again.. we have much more in stock

well said one cold bottle of drink for you, but e know now aboki call the shots till the southerners wake up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by madridsta007(m): 10:51am On Oct 06, 2019
davibid:

You are right but we thrive regardless of huddles we faced with daily; imagine what Nigerians could do or would become should we are fortunate to have better leadership and conducive environments.

Let's leave semantics and quantify what "thriving is". I think many people enjoy regurgitating slogans such that we forget that there are no real numbers or qualitative qualifiers that support these slogans. What is "thriving"? Is it having 13.2 million out of school children- the highest in the world according to UNICEF? Or that 59 years after the so-called independence, you are yet to produce more than 5,000 megawatts of electricity for a nearly 200 million Nigerians? What is thriving?

Or are you describing this feat, enabled by the conducive learning environment of the 1st world as an example of "thriving"? grin This is hilarious. You realise that the average man in such an environment will do well?
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Truthbites: 11:22am On Oct 06, 2019
MrHeff:
a nobody

Your Fada!! !!
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by BULLIONVAN4(m): 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Noise makers.
Empty barrels
You are no different from the people you condenm..,everything you accused the Igbos of doing, you have done all of them....what you don't want the Igbos to write is what you later ended up writing, who is fooling who?
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by CrimeKsmart: 12:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
You are no different from the people you condenm..,everything you accused the Igbos of doing, you have done all of them....what you don't want the Igbos to write is what you later ended up writing, who is fooling who?

If you are wise enough, you will understand I am only mocking them and not praising or attributing the man's achievement to his tribe.

Learn to read and understand next time
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by BULLIONVAN4(m): 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

If you are wise enough, you will understand I am only mocking them and not praising or attributing the man's achievement to his tribe.

Learn to read and understand next time
My people said that "mgbe ana ama njakiri, ka-eji ekwu eziokwu" meaning that the best time to deciphar/read someone's mind is during the time of jokes. you stylishly said all your mind disguising it as mockery. but lest i forget, why should you mock a fellow human?
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by toluwa1(f): 2:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
Congratulations sir....thanks for making us proud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by CrimeKsmart: 2:07pm On Oct 06, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
My people said that "mgbe ana ama njakiri, ka-eji ekwu eziokwu" meaning that the best time to deciphar/read someone's mind is during the time of jokes. you stylishly said all your mind disguising it as mockery. but lest i forget, why should you mock a fellow human?

Tell me where mockery is a sin.

Moreover, you guys need to work on this mentality of being the "best" tribe. If you really the best, you won't even make noise about it. Its people who will praise you for that
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by BULLIONVAN4(m): 2:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Tell me where mockery is a sin.

Moreover, you guys need to work on this mentality of being the "best" tribe. If you really the best, you won't even make noise about it. Its people who will praise you for that
This thread is all about to counter the thread of the young igbo girl who graduated in flying colours from NDA..,isn't it?
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by CrimeKsmart: 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
This thread is all about to counter the thread of the young igbo girl who graduated in flying colours from NDA..,isn't it?
Counter

Funny and ridiculous
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by BULLIONVAN4(m): 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Counter

Funny and ridiculous
yeah, funny and ridiculous indeed.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Ajibade123(m): 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2019
some Nigerians are really extraordinary.... congratulations to you man
see traits of extraordinary people you need to know https://explicitsuccess.com/traits-of-intelligent-people/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Primary School Best Graduating Student Gets New House As Gift In Rivers. Photos / Six Conditions Given To FG By ASUU Before Suspending Strike / I Finally Graduated After 9years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.