Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,153 members, 7,957,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:38 AM

Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University (38067 Views)

Meet Kofoworola Ademola, First African Woman To Graduate From Oxford University / Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Youngest Student, Admitted At 6, Graduated 14 / Hadiza Balarabe Receives Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Graduate At 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Notatribalist(m): 6:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
Truthbites:
Nigerians can claim .if u check well, the guy was MAYBE born in the UK.., has never been here. Is a Full British citizen and probably doesn't want to ever be associated with the shit hole ..he may have struggled all his life...to attain his success.. Next thing, Abike Dabiri or Lai Mohammed n co go claim am...
mumu.if nan crime he commit you go talk this nonsense?

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by seangy4konji: 6:33pm On Oct 05, 2019
If he was a prof in UI maybe they would still struggling to pay his salary.. 220k..

Amen keep repping us where them appreciate you..

He no go get5fficus for him talent to show... No to shout about for children make den go buy fuel for generator say him wan read and heat too much
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Mires: 7:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
gurunlocker:
A genius..... 46 years old? That's wow!

In Nigeria, you will be frustrated getting a PhD at that age..

Young man, your submission isn't true. Prof. Francis Egbokhare of Linguistics department, Ui became a Prof at 37. Till date, he's still very active at Ui given that he was conferred to a professorial chair in 1999 having rose through the ranks. You can verify it on Google. His resume are there for your perusal. There are many others like Prof. Egbokhare at Ui

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Omoslim26: 7:29pm On Oct 05, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
Thank God this man is not an Igbo man, the chest-beating about being the best tribe in Nigeria would have full here.

We would have seen reactions like: "We made Nigeria what it is today, an average Igbo man excels in everything he does from business to academics. Igbos are naturally talented and always the best wherever they are. Igbo amaka grin grin"

#Noise makers
#Empty barrels

I really don't know what you guys see as fun in all this childish mumu tribal bigotry
and if them ask you now you go say you go school too

1 Like

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by gurunlocker: 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2019
Mires:

Young man, your submission isn't true. Prof. Francis Egbokhare of Linguistics department, Ui became a Prof at 37. Till date, he's still very active at Ui given that he was conferred to a professorial chair in 1999 having rose through the ranks. You can verify it on Google. His resume are there for your perusal. There are many others like Prof. Egbokhare at Ui

I'm not sure I said its not possible? I know of people who have earned their PhD in their 30's as well, but it's like 3 out of 1000
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by SEGUN2003(m): 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
I don't understand why should everything positive turn into tribal dispute. Isn't it high time we think and act as if we were one. Let's stop all this foolish tribalism talk. Nigeria is one, divided we fall apart. All this separation talk is boring

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by danot1030: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
Yoruba always leading and the Igbos follows with hateful envy.

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by marcondo13: 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
I was taught by a Professor of Metallurgy and Head of a Chair. He was born in 1980.
God punish Nigerian lecturers.

Carlyboi:
Wow a prof already at just 46 that’s quite impressive tho!who knows he might have become a prof even before clocking 40!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Damod88: 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
davibid:
Whether we like it or not Nigeria remains the pride of the black race

Long Live Nigeria

FTC please I’m waiting for my alert

What has Nigeria achieved that will make it the pride of black race?
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Carlyboi(m): 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
marcondo13:
I was taught by a Professor of Metallurgy and Head of a Chair. He was born in 1980.
God punish Nigerian lecturers.

wow sounds cool what country is that?
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Mires: 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2019
gurunlocker:

I'm not sure I said its not possible? I know of people who have earned their PhD in their 30's as well, but it's like 3 out of 1000

Sir, your hypothesis of "... like 3 out of 1000" isn't correct. For instance, go to Ui come November convocation to ascertain and verify how wrong is your hypothesis, let alone private institutions such as Covenant University.
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by theomerio: 8:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
Thank God this man is not an Igbo man, the chest-beating about being the best tribe in Nigeria would have full here.

We would have seen reactions like: "We made Nigeria what it is today, an average Igbo man excels in everything he does from business to academics. Igbos are naturally talented and always the best wherever they are. Igbo amaka grin grin"

#Noise makers
#Empty barrels
ok...we hear you,
Because of this one in a long time achievement you are making noise huh?
It's always Igbos: 5 Yorubas: 1 Hausas: 0
That's the fact.

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by theomerio: 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

#Noise makers
#Empty barrels

ok...we hear you,
Because of this one in a long time achievement you are making noise huh?
It's always Igbos: 5 Yorubas: 1 Hausas: 0
That's the fact.

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by mechanics(m): 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2019
Congrats to him.
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by CrimeKsmart: 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2019
[quote author=theomerio post=82872375][/quote]
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Laslaslala: 8:45pm On Oct 05, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
[s]Thank God this man is not an Igbo man, the chest-beating about being the best tribe in Nigeria would have full here.

#Noise makers
#Empty barrels
[/s]FOOL AT 40

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by madridsta007(m): 8:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
davibid:

Long Live Nigeria

LOL.
It is this arrogant declaration — sadly, quite common— that is one of the problems of Nigeria.
You have a Buhari as President; a nation that is grappling with serious and for some parts, existential internal security issues in Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen Terrorists, a nation with power outage issues and terrible infrastructure across the country— then say, Nigeria is a “pride of the black race”? grin

Nigerians are professionals at deluding themselves. Even that isn’t something to be proud about.
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by madridsta007(m): 8:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
Damod88:

What has Nigeria achieved that will make it the pride of black race?

I tire. Perhaps the only Black Country to mass-produce babies.
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Osemawe4life: 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2019
Education and Yoruba are like 5and 6.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by noisy45(m): 9:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

#Noise makers
#Empty barrels

So uncalled for
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Generalnomercy: 9:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Yoruba Amaka!!!!

you people better Vote Yoruba SW 2023, you can select Professor Osinbajo of APC or Adesina of African Development bank PDP

Remember Obasanjo our guy, gave you GSM, Space Satelite, Stable Economy and cleared all your external debt while giving powers to Northerners and SouthSouth, better vote us again.. we have much more in stock

God forbid.

You people are sellouts and we will never eat with our enemies again...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Generalnomercy: 9:14pm On Oct 05, 2019
danot1030:
Yoruba always leading and the Igbos follows with hateful envy.

Yoruba's are well known for their bitterness and hatred against Igbos...

As a person, I've never met any Yoruba person that is happy when someone from another tribe excels...
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Generalnomercy: 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

#Noise makers
#Empty barrels

Why ranting like a frustrated goat?
See you beating your chest for an ordinary processor?

I have 3 younger professors in my house ode...

Is this a feat to be celebrated in this age?

IGBO AMAKA.

YORUBA AJOKA.

#Sophisticated Morons.
#Sophisticated Illiterates
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Officialbaby: 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2019
Dundee
CrimeKsmart:

#Noise makers
#Empty barrels

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Lamanii22(f): 9:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
davibid:

Long Live Nigeria

I swear... There ain't no place like Nigeria... Although we may have bad leaders... But we are survivors, we excel no matter what...
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by engrchykae(m): 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
davibid:

Long Live Nigeria

we have the potential to rank top five nations but Britain used our pant for yahoo plus
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Mccullum: 10:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
This is hard working and creative youthful professor. Congratulations as I'm proud of you as Nigerian & Omo Yoruba pataki.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by CrimeKsmart: 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2019
Generalnomercy:

Why ranting like a frustrated goat?
See you beating your chest for an ordinary processor?

I have 3 younger professors in my house ode...

Is this a feat to be celebrated in this age?

IGBO AMAKA.

YORUBA AJOKA.

#Sophisticated Morons.
#Sophisticated Illiterates

Mind you, I am not even a Yoruba.

The fact still remains that yorubas are better than you in all ramifications ranging from sports, business to academics and you hardly see them brag about it because they see it as nothing. But as for Igbos terrorists, na so so noise o
Noise makers. Na them

1 Like

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Aknashvillian17: 10:49pm On Oct 05, 2019
[left][/left]You are looking for trouble...ehn?
CrimeKsmart:

#Noise makers
#Empty barrels

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by McTobe(m): 10:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
Even from his looks you will know that he is a humble man. If it’s down here in Nigeria, PhD in view no go allow person hear for youth meeting
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Truthbites: 11:04pm On Oct 05, 2019
quirus:

Remember they said his father was the CMD at UCH Ibadan in the late 70's, so he must have been born here, and likewise identify with your "shithole" country, no matter its horrible condition.

Yeah, but many don't still want to be associated with naija..if u like argue from now till 200 years time. When I was in the UK...when I mention I'm Nigerian, Omoh, people de take off..so I kukuma claim other smaller African countries
Re: Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University by Truthbites: 11:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
Notatribalist:
mumu.if nan crime he commit you go talk this nonsense?

I beg give this mumuni some brain..who fit me that brain meme for this muturu?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Difference Between Center And Centre / Muslim Clerics At Osun School To Enforce Hijab On School Girls / 15 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Attended UNIPORT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.