Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) (16811 Views)

Dangote Withdraws Suit Against Autumn Spikes, American Mistress / Facebook Libra: Mastercard, Visa And Ebay Joins Paypal Exits Crypto Project / CBN Withdraws Skye Bank’s License To Operate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by djon78(m): 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
Anyone thinking that the Anglo Saxon cartels that control the finance of this our world will allow this Libra idea to flow must be smoking something high

Central banks, big banks, finance guys on wall street will never allow this to fly.
Mark thinks he can take these guys powers
He is to small to handle such.
Bill Gates in his prime never dared such

2 Likes

Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
I sell Bitcoin. Holla
Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by pacespot(m): 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2019
solmusdesigns:

you know back then, myspace limited what nigerians could do on thier platforms and other social sites basically blocked Nigerian I.P, until Facebook came and made it accesible to us and tottally free... even before zuck bought whatsapp, you had to pay for premium services after a year or so, and snapchat that isnt owned by zuck rejects some low end andriod devices and accepts all apple devices, while zuckerbergs Instagram accept almost all devices and web browser

That was then. Technology hadn't yet unraveled as today when MySpace came out. But today, all the tech companies are fighting for user base around the world, if you denied access to some countries, other tech companies would provide the same service you denied them and hijack the market from you. Data is a goldmine for these tech companies. They sell user data worth billions of dollars to other companies and government machineries.

You see why it is a foolish thing to deny a country access to your service as a social media platform. Technology space is now wide open for all and become competitive.
Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by 4gunners(m): 10:42pm On Oct 05, 2019
djon78:
Anyone thinking that the Anglo Saxon cartels that control the finance of this our world will allow this Libra idea to flow must be smoking something high

Central banks, big banks, finance guys on wall street will never allow this to fly.

It will break the monopoly of dollars. That's the scary part for US government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by itsolanrewaju: 10:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
I just wish some people can just read this before they comment

solmusdesigns:
cool

Zuckerberg wants to own everything,

Imagine Facebook Dating site, Facebook digital currency, Facebook Giftcard

Magu and EFCC wont like this collaboration atall atall

Paypal is too close with US government and western powers for my likeness, they basically help US , when it was annouced that indian programmers and freelancers are getting a very huge chunk of software freelancing contracts world wide, Paypal stoped opreation in india giving silly excusses, same way they wont enter Nigerian market even as we remain second largest economy in Africa, they kept giving filmsy excusses

I trust Zuckerberg to rise above the western bullies, just like his space x satelite lunch that was to provide free facebook to africans sudenly crashed and he started all over again, am sure he wouldnt stop his libra plans over some western bullies

If not for Zuckerberg being Jew, unlike the useless american Paypal, Nigeria wouldnt have being included in any social media, they would simply block our I.P or remove Nigeria from the registration form, or make it premium without accepting Nigeria Debit Card

2 Likes

Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by Psalm2423(m): 11:16pm On Oct 05, 2019
djon78:

What’s this one saying? What’s the business with the guys on Wall Street with Libra? Libra is a token to be backed by the Department of Treasury, thus making it stable. The difference between the coin and fiat currency is the speed of sending, and the fees charged on low amount transactions. Wall Street doesn’t concern itself with low transactions, that’s for smaller banks. Finance guys wouldn’t object either, as Libra might even give them a way to evade countless taxes charged on them. It’d even help with things like double taxation.

So my bro, the only issue with this crypto is the view on monopoly which other payment systems hold. Facebook can power Libra on its own, but it needs investors so that power can be shared equally. No surprise say JP Morgan go become investor here self.

2 Likes

Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by Nicerazor(m): 11:46pm On Oct 05, 2019
We are in the era of financial revolution and digital currency is the way. I love this libra idea and can’t wait to get into their ico. Make I buy bulk and hodl till it moon ..where are the cryto guru let’s cause confusion with crypto slang.

1 Like

Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by uuzba(m): 12:00am On Oct 06, 2019
helinues:
The Libra stuffs cant work..

Mark is just being too monopoly and greedy

PayPal just bought one payment company in China..

That is the price of success. When you reach the top, you have to buy everything around you to remain there. If not, it will be like magic when another person surpasses you. And it will be too late to catch up to them.
That's what happened to Yahoo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by haryomikun(m): 12:04am On Oct 06, 2019
Daviddson:
Their loss in the long run! Cryptocurrency may not completely replace traditional currency, but will come close to it within the next 5-7 years especially with the incoming duo of Facebook's Libra and Telegram's Gram.
The crypto world doesn't like the idea of Libra. Big players in the crypto space aren't supporting the project...

It does have the potential to boom up a lot because of the traditional financial firms behind it and the fact that Libra is a stable coin

1 Like

Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by haryomikun(m): 12:06am On Oct 06, 2019
Nicerazor:
We are in the era of financial revolution and digital currency is the way. I love this libra idea and can’t wait to get into their ico. Make I buy bulk and hodl till it moon ..where are the cryto guru let’s cause confusion with crypto slang.
Moon koor. Moon ni

Libra is a stablecoin like Tether (USDT). It'll always be equal to 1$

4 Likes

Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by haryomikun(m): 12:11am On Oct 06, 2019
Psalm2423:

What’s this one saying? What’s the business with the guys on Wall Street with Libra? Libra is a token to be backed by the Department of Treasury, thus making it stable. The difference between the coin and fiat currency is the speed of sending, and the fees charged on low amount transactions. Wall Street doesn’t concern itself with low transactions, that’s for smaller banks. Finance guys wouldn’t object either, as Libra might even give them a way to evade countless taxes charged on them. It’d even help with things like double taxation.

So my bro, the only issue with this crypto is the view on monopoly which other payment systems hold. Facebook can power Libra on its own, but it needs investors so that power can be shared equally. No surprise say JP Morgan go become investor here self.
I think I understand what he means by Wall Street not allowing Libra flourish. Wall street has always been against crypto because its based on tech that can disrupt the whole Financial industry.

Let's see how it plays out though. Zuckerberg must be up to something coming out of the blues with his own form of digital currency. The crypto space is against it. Let's see how non-crypto minded peeps would react when Libra is launched

1 Like

Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by haryomikun(m): 12:14am On Oct 06, 2019
helinues:

Other cryptocurency can work but not Libra..

Facebook has payment platform but only few people make use the of it.. That flops

The facebook itself, apart from personal use, if you have a Facebook page, you will understand how greedy and selfish Mark is..

Spot on. Damn Zuck limits the reach of FB pages so we can be paying for ads to our own fans angry
Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by eikechukwu8(m): 5:19am On Oct 06, 2019
hmmmm ok

Anyway, is your laptop faulty, non functioning, need upgrade or maintenance? Do you need I.T Support? Dont worry, we gat you. Check my signature for contact details
Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by onatisi(m): 5:44am On Oct 06, 2019
helinues:

Then why is Facebook money not working?
I think the reason why Facebook money isn't working yet is because it is a fist scheme and not a crypto , u send money from an existing system through Facebook , like you transfer from ur card to fb account then send , but in this case fb is creating it's own currency to be called libra,

secondly, Facebook money isn't available worldwide it is just available in USA and some countries and therefore they have to compete with other existing money transfer companies ,but Libra will be universal.

1 Like

Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by BitcoinGrandpa(m): 6:56am On Oct 06, 2019
DrugXpert:
I hate anything crypto

Such a difficult life you living.

2 Likes

Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by ironben(m): 7:07am On Oct 06, 2019
NwaNimo1:
Good news. ....Odikwa Risky!

Facebook is not safe....trust me!

And cryptocurrency is a gimmick!

Says the boy from Nimo... cheesy grin
Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by NnwachukuOkike: 7:35am On Oct 06, 2019
Every organizations have come to realized that Facebook has been bought by fulani terrorist political government of the world.

The day zugarberk came to nigeria, and been bribed with our Biafraland resources by fulani caliphate in Yorubaland and Arewaland that was the end of Facebook.

Facebook is a terrorist organization media platform.
Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by Lagschools: 7:49am On Oct 06, 2019
Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by valarmorghulis: 9:26am On Oct 06, 2019
Scary, imagine a world where people can sponsor terrorism without a trace, kidnappers, 419 etc can make transactions without trace, I can easily empty ur acc and no one will be able to trace it.
Even countries will sponsor terrorism against each other, all i see is a red flag, this is a very bad idea
Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2019
ironben:

Says the boy from Nimo... cheesy grin

*the man*....if you no know?
Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2019
helinues:
The Libra stuffs cant work..

Mark is just being too monopoly and greedy

PayPal just bought one payment company in China..

Facebook will build their own payment stuff
Trust me
Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Paypal is too close with US government and western powers for my likeness, they basically help US , when it was annouced that indian programmers and freelancers are getting a very huge chunk of software freelancing contracts world wide, Paypal stoped opreation in india giving silly excusses, same way they wont enter Nigerian market even as we remain second largest economy in Africa, they kept giving filmsy excusses

I trust Zuckerberg to rise above the western bullies, just like his space x satelite lunch that was to provide free facebook to africans sudenly crashed and he started all over again, am sure he wouldnt stop his libra plans over some western bullies

If not for Zuckerberg being Jew, unlike the useless american Paypal, Nigeria wouldnt have being included in any social media, they would simply block our I.P or remove Nigeria from the registration form, or make it premium without accepting Nigeria Debit Card

Stop blaming dem let's Nigeria go n do dere own.....
9ja thought everything is book n school
Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by tck2000(m): 11:36pm On Oct 06, 2019
[quote author=solmusdesigns post=82871422] cool

If not for Zuckerberg being Jew, unlike the useless american Paypal, Nigeria wouldnt have being included in any social m
Re: Paypal Withdraws Support For Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (photos) by DrugXpert: 8:09am On Oct 08, 2019
BitcoinGrandpa:

Such a difficult life you living.
I guess same with PayPal and others that are skeptical about it right? Your choice of words lack wisdom

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Any Online Biz That Can Pay Directly Into My Bank Account? / Starting Ice Cream Business / Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.