Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? (6111 Views)

The Only Antidote For Sin / Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by chrisaria(m): 7:18am On Oct 06, 2019
Uyi168:
This quote says it all...
That's Not true. God is a God of principles. He already gave us power to overcome our challenges. All things that we need is in his word. The holy spirit is our teacher, comforter, helper, advocate etc. When you have the wird and the holy spirit what else do you need from God. Christianity is not seeing is believing but believing is seeing. If on only we put our faith to work we will see results. Seeing is believing is what fake prophets use in deceiving Christians. Remember Jesus said blessed is he who believes without seeing.
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by chrisaria(m): 7:20am On Oct 06, 2019
Uyi168:
That's not true. God is a God of principles. He already gave us power to overcome our challenges. All things that we need is in his word. The holy spirit is our teacher, comforter, helper, advocate etc. When you have the wird and the holy spirit what else do you need from God. Christianity is not seeing is believing but believing is seeing. If on only we put our faith to work we will see results. Seeing is believing is what fake prophets use in deceiving Christians. Remember Jesus said blessed is he who believes without seeing.
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by GREATESTPIANIST: 7:20am On Oct 06, 2019
gnykelly:

What about children and infant that were consumed by war and natural disaster are those children wicked and full of evil to deserve such.
MAY GOD GIVE US ALL UNDERSTANDING !!!!¡!!!!! HE KNOWS ALL THINGS......OUR LITTLE MINDS CANT FATHOM HIS WONDERS, OUR BRAINS WILL BLOW IF WE TRY TO UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING ALL
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by PabloAndreas(m): 7:22am On Oct 06, 2019
helinues:
Natural disasters are just natural due to past events.

Me wondering how religious people dey always think say Na God dey make rain rain.. Like sheriously
Coming from a guy who asked if sperm was an evil spirit
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 06, 2019
James 1:13
King James Version Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.

natural disasters are result of the Adamic sin just like death, sickness and hunger
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by PabloAndreas(m): 7:26am On Oct 06, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
so Tacha news is better than this?? Go and pick beans
you forgot to tell him how many cups

1 Like

Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by helinues: 7:27am On Oct 06, 2019
PabloAndreas:

Coming from a guy who asked if sperm was an evil spirit

So?
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by PabloAndreas(m): 7:29am On Oct 06, 2019
helinues:

So?
STFU...Simple as that
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by GREATESTPIANIST: 7:30am On Oct 06, 2019
PabloAndreas:

you forgot to tell him how many cups
grin
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by TheExecutioner: 7:34am On Oct 06, 2019
What if God wants us to await for the judgement day after which He will separate the righteous from the evil, before putting an end to all suffering?
I keep forgetting how incredibly ignorant atheists are about the Bible.

Uyi168:
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by sagieramos(m): 7:34am On Oct 06, 2019
helinues:
Natural disasters are just natural due to past events.

Me wondering how religious people dey always think say Na God dey make rain rain.. Like sheriously

Where does the energy comes from for water circle? Who program the Earth to rotate at a constant speed? Can you even comprehend the amount of fuel (hydrogen) the sun uses per second? Who is the maker of this tremendous energy? Remember, everything in the universe (including the sun) is subjected to entropy (it was in absolute order at a point/beginning but gradually getting disorder), who are we to acknowledge for the perfect order? Evidently, the creator...

Although, God is not the cause of natural disasters, human activity is obviously the cause.

NB: I'm a programmer, and I know how technical it is to write a simple ML program for raspberry pi

2 Likes

Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 06, 2019
Natural disasters are what they are, natural disasters.
Man is responsible for his own problems. Plant trees we won't but cut down the ones that produce the oxygen we breathe in, mining, excessive fishing, destruction of natural habitats in the name of development thereby harming our environment and when the environment cries out in pain in form of disaster, we blame God.

1 Like

Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by helinues: 7:37am On Oct 06, 2019
sagieramos:

Where does the energy comes from for water circle...

Hope you are aware of what is beneath the earth crust?
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Uyi168: 7:38am On Oct 06, 2019
TheExecutioner:
What if God wants us to await for the judgement day after which He will separate the righteous from the evil, before putting an end to all suffering?

What if..
U are dumb bro..

1 Like

Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by SIMEONMPEE(m): 7:43am On Oct 06, 2019
Someone here may need the info on my signature, kindly check it out...
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by TheExecutioner: 7:44am On Oct 06, 2019
Thank you Nairaland's dumbest atheist. Your brain capacity is nowhere near those of the likes of Seun Osewa, Catfishbilly, hopefullandlord etc, but you just want to belong, don't you? grin

[img]https://images./6EvggFzYfjFWXumLTBEwjT.gif[/img]

Uyi168:
What if..
U are dumb bro..
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Truefaith: 7:52am On Oct 06, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible OPEN at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Mekanus(m): 7:54am On Oct 06, 2019
TheExecutioner:

I've never met such a dumb person as you on this platform

Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by sagieramos(m): 7:55am On Oct 06, 2019
helinues:

Hope you are aware of what is beneath the earth crust?

I just modified my post
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by helinues: 7:59am On Oct 06, 2019
sagieramos:

Where does the energy comes from for water circle? Who program the Earth to rotate at a constant speed? Can you even comprehend the amount of fuel (hydrogen) the sun uses per second? Who is the maker of this tremendous energy? Remember, everything in the universe (including the sun) is subjected to entropy (it was in absolute order at a point/beginning but gradually getting disorder), who are we to acknowledge for the perfect order? Evidently, the creator...

Although, God is not the cause of natural disasters, human activity is obviously the cause.

NB: I'm a programmer, and I know how technical it is to write a simple ML program for raspberry pi

There are supernatural beings.. How many? I dont know but the description of God by religious people is totally fallacy
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Orjioorji(f): 8:02am On Oct 06, 2019
careytommy37:
As usual, seun and his bunch of idiotic mods pushing senseless topics to the homepage on a sunday
i personally learned from this senseless topics like this one they push to the homepage everysunday God bless you @ op.

1 Like

Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by TUANKU(m): 8:07am On Oct 06, 2019
jarrot:
What about other planets with no evidence of life but experience natural disasters?
Who is your God punishing ? undecided

This question is deep, these religious bigots don't have that depth.
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by TheExecutioner: 8:08am On Oct 06, 2019
[img]https://images./fQJZjYJrgx9wmRZyL8eRd.jpg[/img]

Mekanus:
I've never met such a dumb person as you on this platform
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by sagieramos(m): 8:14am On Oct 06, 2019
helinues:

There are supernatural beings.. How many? I dont know but the description of God by religious people is totally fallacy

Please check your email. I sent you a mail
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Michaelcas(m): 8:16am On Oct 06, 2019
jarrot:
What about other planets with no evidence of life but experience natural disasters?
Who is your God punishing ? undecided
and who confirmed there ain't life there? I don't know why people can't understand that one can't live in a dimension and expect to be able to detect life in a totally different dimension with very different laws of nature...what if the beings living their are created to have no need for air or water, what if at the same time they researched and discovered with facts that their is no life on earth just as we think no life exists outside earth?
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by MrPresident1: 8:18am On Oct 06, 2019
The day of judgment is a natural disaster.

An asteroid will hit the earth and millions will die.

Matthew 24:30
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Beware of dogs
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by mancheeutd(m): 8:22am On Oct 06, 2019
Cause and effect....for every action there's always a reaction. We tend to neglect what causes these reactions most times cause their effect is massive and visible but the things that lead to this reactions are neglected.

1 Like

Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Michaelcas(m): 8:24am On Oct 06, 2019
sagieramos:

nice one bruh... Then someone will start telling me about the bitchy Big Bang theory....
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by lazarusokafor90(m): 8:26am On Oct 06, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN
Hmmm! Pot calling the kettle black.
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by GREATESTPIANIST: 8:27am On Oct 06, 2019
lazarusokafor90:

Hmmm! Pot calling the kettle black.
Get thee behind me satan
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by MedicH: 8:32am On Oct 06, 2019
Wasn't it God that sent unending rainfall in the time of Noah after which came a rainbow to kill all evil doers? What then is the difference between God then and God now?
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Michaelcas(m): 8:33am On Oct 06, 2019
TUANKU:

This question is deep, these religious bigots don't have that depth.
Can y'all just stfu 'bout that dumb as Bleep theory that their ain't no life on the millions of planets out in space, remember that most of them are a billion times the size of earth, you can't tell a sane nigga they're all empty, that's fucking dumb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Meaning Of 'God's Grace Is Sufficient for us?' / 45 People To Die Today You Will See It On CNN Now - TB Joshua / Pastor Benny Hinn And His Wife Suzanne loved up together(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.