Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? (6110 Views)

The Only Antidote For Sin / Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by lazarusokafor90(m): 8:33am On Oct 06, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
Get thee behind me satan
You know that when you keep saying that you sound like a broken record.
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by GREATESTPIANIST: 8:35am On Oct 06, 2019
lazarusokafor90:

You know that when you keep saying that you sound like a broken record.
GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by gnykelly(m): 8:36am On Oct 06, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
MAY GOD GIVE US ALL UNDERSTANDING !!!!¡!!!!! HE KNOWS ALL THINGS......OUR LITTLE MINDS CANT FATHOM HIS WONDERS, OUR BRAINS WILL BLOW IF WE TRY TO UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING ALL

Amen
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by lazarusokafor90(m): 8:37am On Oct 06, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN
Hahahaha you are very funny.
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by GREATESTPIANIST: 8:38am On Oct 06, 2019
lazarusokafor90:

Hahahaha you are very funny.
grin grin grin,
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by TUANKU(m): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2019
Michaelcas:
Can y'all just stfu 'bout that dumb as Bleep theory that their ain't no life on the millions of planets out in space, remember that most of them are a billion times the size of earth, you can't tell a sane nigga they're all empty, that's fucking dumb

There are millions of planets yes, no one said earth is the only planet with life on it if you read well. What he said was what about the others with no life? Now go and rant elsewhere kid.

1 Like

Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by helinues: 8:51am On Oct 06, 2019
sagieramos:

Please check your email. I sent you a mail

I replied
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Xclusiveme: 8:57am On Oct 06, 2019
Uyi168:
.. And u are his mouth piece abii..
Go and cement fish. Bewildered soul

1 Like

Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by ecclize: 9:22am On Oct 06, 2019
gnykelly:

What about children and infant that were consumed by war and natural disaster are those children wicked and full of evil to deserve such.
and it is God that caused it?
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Finallydead: 9:34am On Oct 06, 2019
Before I begin, I would like us all to acknowledge that we only know in part and prophesy in part(1Cor 13:9-11) ( I included) and our ignorance does not in any way discredit God but only reveals that we are not God(omniscient), so in trying to reveal the knowledge of God let us never think that whatever we have seen is all there is to it. Now @OP, u made a few valid points by saying that we see God clearly only in Jesus Christ over any other divine inspiration but don't forget we only see Jesus Christ in the measure of His revelation in us that we have. So we understand Jesus (including the partial exposé given in scriptures about him) only according to this measure. A good scripture that could give light concerning the subject is that u mentioned, about The Lord stopping the wind and the waves (the storm) on more than one occasion. If God stopped the storm, then He didn't initiate it. So obviously God is not behind every natural disaster. What then is behind natural disasters? The challenge humanity has in these issues is that we have limited the scope of science to only the physical universe and excluded the metaphysical. We know that we have a tangible body that we can experiment with in the lab but should we then deny the real emotions we feel which are intangible or our thoughts we think which are intangible. So there are metaphysical realities then with physical effects. Likewise, as we have learnt to cooperate with physical laws (which God set), mankind must also learn to cooperate with metaphysical laws (by obeying Gods laws guiding our character). We don't blame God when someone touches a high tension wire and gets electrocuted to death, it's just messing with physical laws that caused that, right? And if you bounce a hard ball off a wall and it bounces back to hit your head, you don't blame God, no, it's just physical laws ("Action and reaction"wink. Likewise natural disasters are only a reaction of nature to our breaking metaphysical laws which govern it even though we refuse to acknowledge that. When Abel killed Cain unjustly the earth drank innocent blood and immediately reacted but only God heard it because it's reaction was infinitesimal, however with more innocent blood going into the earth (through murders e.t.c.) and all other perversions perpetrated by men, we have reactions on a magnified scale causing earthquakes, tsunamis e.t.c. and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ cannot stop this without first dealing with the sin in men which makes them break the laws thereby preventing their sin and hence the effects (including some natural disasters).
Note also that some natural disasters are caused by spiritual beings according to the degree of Liberty men consciously or unconsciously give them. In the book of Job for instance we see that when Satan afflicted Job, he caused hailstones to consume his property (Job 1:16) and as the habit of men is, they attributed it to God. Today as men interact with some of these beings for some selfish interests, they likewise give them certain levels of Liberty which could lead to some disasters and other evils we see on the earth. And God also at the time of his wrath spoken of in revelation, will bring certain natural disasters on the earth which will be side effects of restoring equilibrium to his universe which has been altered by sins of men. I'll have to stop here for now, will return soon.
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by sagieramos(m): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2019
helinues:

I replied

I just sent you a reply
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Finallydead: 9:44am On Oct 06, 2019
TUANKU:

This question is deep, these religious bigots don't have that depth.
Sorry bro, ain't deep at all, rather myopic, whoever said God was punishing anyone, whoever said there's no life on other planets just cause we haven't scientifically detected it, whoever said our actions here on earth don't affect other planets? undecided
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Finallydead: 9:46am On Oct 06, 2019
jarrot:
What about other planets with no evidence of life but experience natural disasters?
Who is your God punishing ? undecided
Bro, whoever said God was punishing anyone, whoever said there's no life on other planets just cause we haven't scientifically detected it, whoever said our actions here on earth don't affect other planets
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by anyicosta: 9:47am On Oct 06, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]yes.dat is even d jugdement day d bible is talkin about(because it is unpredictable).but so many sinner r waiting 4 jesus to come down frm d sky.generation wil com n go but d earth stil d same
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by TUANKU(m): 9:50am On Oct 06, 2019
Finallydead:

Sorry bro, ain't deep at all, rather myopic, whoever said God was punishing anyone, whoever said there's no life on other planets just cause we haven't scientifically detected it, whoever said our actions here on earth don't affect other planets? undecided

You totally lost it.
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by aksule(m): 10:30am On Oct 06, 2019
What l found disturbing is attributing what clearly was a human mistakes or doing to our merciful God. God or Allah did not create airplane nor motor vehicles nor guns or even nuclear weapons, but when human beings decided to test their capabilities and met with disastrous results while flouting the laws and regulations governing it's own creations, we religiously attributed it to God.
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Ihedinobi3: 10:33am On Oct 06, 2019
unstoppable51:
A Bible exposition on God, Natural Disasters and the Punishment for Sin From FeedMeJesus.com

After the cyclone Idai that ravaged Malawi, Zimbabwe and Mozambique in March this year and left numerous people either or homeless, many questions started coming up. Some of those questions includes: Where does natural disasters come from? Why do they happen? Why does God allow such evil things as earthquakes, famine, landslides, hurricanes and other evils to happen?

As is their custom, some over zealous brethren who had never taken their time to understand the real acts of God as displayed clearly in the work of redemption (death, burial and resurrection of Jesus) started writing and talking about things they have very limited knowledge of, attributing to God the very works of the devil.

These lots claimed that God was using such evils to punish man for his numerous atrocities on earth. Little wonder He created them in the first place.

The most popular verses they often place their feet to say that God is the driving force behind these natural disasters and other kinds of evil which He uses to either punish a people for their sins or to demonstrate His sovereignty over man, are Isaiah 45:7 and Amos 3:6. Without wasting much time, let’s take a deep look into these verses and find out if it is true what they say that God creates evil or disaster.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Amo 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Is Isaiah 45:7 and Amos 3:6 actually saying that God creates or does evil either to punish sin or to exert His authority as the only God of the universe? If that is what these verses are saying, is it true about the character of God? Stick with me as we go on!

First, Isaiah 45:7 and Amos 3:6 are better understood in the context of the entire bible and not as individual verses. This is because the prophets, Isaiah and Amos (including all the old testament prophets) were allowed to speak to the people of their generation about God as the Holy Spirit occasionally gave them inspiration. However, not everything they said and wrote down can be said to have directly come from God, word for word. (I explained this better in the teaching: Who changed the unchangeable God?)

They were allowed to put everything they said to the people of their generation (both the ones that came directly from the Holy Spirit and their human perspectives) down into writing with the intention that the reader would gain a clearer understanding of the things they said and did in their time as he progresses in his study of the scriptures.

“At sundry times and in divers manners, the prophets spoke unto the fathers about God. But in these last days, God has spoken to us about Himself in and through His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things and by whom also He made the worlds. The son being the brightness of His glory, and the express image (ultimate revelation) of His person, and upholding all things by the Word of His power, after He had by Himself washed away our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high” Hebrews 1:1-3 (paraphrased by me)

In the days of these prophets and the fathers, the full expression of ALL that God is (His character and activities) was not yet revealed since man was still under sin and cannot at that state, receive the true knowledge of God in him. Until his sins have been washed away by a Saviour.

This sin nature coupled with the Mosaic laws, greatly limited their understanding of God and His acts. This was the major reason the main crux of the new testament brought into play by the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, is a thorough knowledge of God.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Until this new testament was ushered in by the blood of Jesus, all that the old testament folks (including Isaiah and Amos) had, were just the partial knowledge of the operations of God permitted for folks in their era.

Not only were they greatly limited in their understanding of God, they also never knew much about the existence and the operation of other forces in the earth apart from God. By that I mean Satan and his demons. This is the major reason the word “Satan” appeared only 15 times in all the old testament books and “devils” appeared only 4 times there.

In these 19 appearances (both words joined together), not one time was any of the words mentioned in either Isaiah or Amos. This explains why the prophets of old did all kinds of miracles but never cast out a single demon. They didn’t know much about them.

Not having a full knowledge of the existence and operations of the devil, they credited everything (good or bad) that happens on the earth to God. Even when they spoke on His behalf using words like “I am,” “I create,” “I do” etc.

However, when Jesus (the full knowledge of the Godhead) showed up on earth, not only did He reveal to us the true nature of God via His words and actions, He also took time to unmask for us the doer of evil, the one known as the devil or Satan.

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

In the face of death He (God in the flesh) raised the dead. He gave life rather than take it.

Luk 7:14 And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise.

Luk 7:15 And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother.

We see this His character as God again in John 11.

Joh 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

Joh 11:44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

He supernaturally stopped the storm (more than once), multiplied bread and turned water into wine. Instead of calling down fire upon His enemies, He sternly rebuked His disciples for even conceiving the idea.

Luk 9:51 And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,

Luk 9:52 And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.

Luk 9:53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.

Luk 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

Luk 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

Luk 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Seeing the character of God clearly in His Son Jesus Christ, the apostle James boldly wrote:

Jas 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man

In other words, when evil happens, let no man attribute it to God. Why? Because God cannot and does not use evil to tempt or try any man for any reason. He does not do evil and should never be associated with it. His works and gifts are ONLY good stuffs.

Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

So from the context of Isaiah 45:7 and Amos 3:6, we see that the prophets said the things they said in those verses in order to express the fact that there is no other God except Jehovah. However, in the context of the entire Bible, we see that certain things happen in this world that does not directly come from God and one of them is natural disasters.

The man Job in his ignorance also claimed that everything happening on the earth and to him precisely, came from God. Good or bad. This made him accept the afflictions of the Devil wholeheartedly until God opened his eyes and he said:

Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

Job 42:6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

That is, “I use to know you by what people said about you which I believed. But now my own eyes have seen you for who you really are.”

God does not create or use evil to force man serve Him. The natural disasters and other evils going on in the world today are not happening because God wants to teach man some lessons with them. They are not happening because He is angry that America and other western nations have given in to homosexuality, abortion and other sins.

These disasters and evils are happening in this world simply because the original order set in place by God has been altered by sin, courtesy of Adam.

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned

However, through the Word we know that someday we will no longer experience such. And that is simply because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

So is God the one punishing nations with natural disasters and other evils? Certainly not. We know this because we have seen Him clearly in Christ. If He punishes even one nation for sin with such, He would have to apologize to Jesus for dying on the cross since He has been punished once and for all for sin.

I hope this blesses you. In Christ we have seen and known God clearly. And in Him we know that God has no business with evil.

Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/05/God-natural-disasters-sin-punishment-evil-isaiah-amos.html

Hello.

This is an unfortunate thing to read. There is much falsehood in the Church, but it is always particularly difficult to read people blatantly deny that the Bible says what they themselves quote it to say. It is even worse to read someone claim that parts of the Bible may be uninspired (re: "not everything they said and wrote down can be said to have directly come from God, word for word").

Suffice to say that there is nothing to be done for anyone who presumes to put words in God's Mouth. What God has said He has said. If we are not content with it, well then, we will soon find ourselves allotted a portion with His enemies (Matthew 25:24-30).
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Finallydead: 10:39am On Oct 06, 2019
TUANKU:

You totally lost it.
Newton must have lost "it" too when he proposed the law of the universe that "every object exerts a gravitational force on every other object in the universe". That's as true as that our actions on this earth affect every other planet both physically and metaphysically
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by gnykelly(m): 10:51am On Oct 06, 2019
ecclize:
and it is God that caused it?
Yes God created both good and evil and uses it at will
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Marvyx(m): 10:53am On Oct 06, 2019
Uyi168:
.. And u are his mouth piece abii..
He gave us His thoughts already bro in the Scriptures. While we yet sinners, He died for us.

Why don't you try giving yourself to knowing God? If He is a scam, you can abort mission. But I can assure you, He's not. Some of us used to be the most logical beings even if we were born in a Christian family, until we encountered God for ourselves and not the 'general being' religious people propose. If you seek Him with your heart to know Him, you'll find Him I assure you. Give Jesus a chance man. Shalom.
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by ecclize: 10:57am On Oct 06, 2019
gnykelly:

Yes God created both good and evil and uses it at will

Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by gentiles98: 11:18am On Oct 06, 2019
To many minds, the origin of sin and the reason for its existence are a source of great perplexity. They see the work of evil, with its terrible results of woe and desolation, and they question how all this can exist under the sovereignty of One who is infinite in wisdom, in power, and in love. Here is a mystery, of which they find no explanation. And in their uncertainty and doubt, they are blinded to truths plainly revealed in God's Word, and essential to salvation. There are those who, in their inquiries concerning the existence of sin, endeavor to search into that which God has never revealed; hence they find no solution of their difficulties; and such as are actuated by a disposition to doubt and cavil, seize upon this as an excuse for rejecting the words of Holy Writ. Others, however, fail of a satisfactory understanding of the great problem of evil, from the fact that tradition and misinterpretation have obscured the teaching of the Bible concerning the character of God, the nature of his government, and the principles of his dealing with sin.
It is impossible to so explain the origin of sin as to give a reason for its existence. Yet enough may be understood concerning both the origin and the final disposition of sin, to fully make manifest the justice and benevolence of God in all his dealings with evil. Nothing is more plainly taught in Scripture than that God was in nowise responsible for the entrance of sin; that there was no arbitrary withdrawal of divine grace, no deficiency in the divine government, that gave occasion for the uprising of rebellion. Sin is an intruder, for whose presence no reason can be given. It is mysterious, unaccountable; to excuse it, is to defend it. Could excuse for it be found, or cause be shown for its existence, it would cease to be sin. Our only definition of sin is that given in the Word of God; it is “the transgression of the law;” it is the outworking of a principle at war with the great law of love which is the foundation of the divine government.

1 Like

Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by gentiles98: 11:20am On Oct 06, 2019
But there was one that chose to pervert this freedom. Sin originated with him, who, next to Christ, had been most honored of God, and who stood highest in power and glory among the inhabitants of Heaven. Before his fall, Lucifer was first of the covering cherubs, holy and undefiled. “Thus saith the Lord God: Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering.” “Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so; thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.” [Ezekiel 28:12-15, 17.]
Lucifer might have remained in favor with God, beloved and honored by all the angelic host, exercising his noble powers to bless others and to glorify his Maker. But, says the prophet, “Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness.” [Ezekiel 28:12-15, 17.] Little by little, Lucifer came to indulge a desire for self-exaltation. “Thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God.” “Thou hast said: . . . I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation.” “I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High.” [Ezekiel 28:6; Isaiah 14:13, 14.] Instead of seeking to make God supreme in the affections and allegiance of his creatures, it was Lucifer's endeavor to win their service and homage to himself. And, coveting the honor which the infinite Father had bestowed upon his Son, this prince of angels aspired to power which it was the prerogative of Christ alone to wield.
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by follock007(m): 11:44am On Oct 06, 2019
the first natural disaster happened during the time oh Noah (10th from Adam). 10 is Pluto but is divided into 1-8-1 (H20-Water), the 8 represent Uranus the golden heart whose price value is meant to always go higher when the Masses (Mars - the good Samaritan who saves a DYING MAN) sings his praises... The dying man inside of the Masses is Neptune inside Mars, therefore Mars is a freezer while Neptune is a dead meat that needs preservation... The Moon represent the government, God or Saturn the record keeper or withdrawal of Karmic depths with the 11 (two hands/two opposition parties/right and wrong choices) in 1-8-1. Hence 1+1+5=7(Saturn-Certain).... When the value of Uranus-Gold dwindles, it is because the Mars (Mars) is not preserving Human life (Neptune 9 or 6-3, body & soul respectively), that is when rain (Pluto 1-8-1, H2O) drops on Mars and Scorpion (Mars/Pluto) is born (valuable item has been thrown to the dogs). There you have your natural disaster. Benin pidgin lingo calls it falling hand because Saturn's (God,Government,Elite)hands is a part of the rain (Pluto).... People may loose things in this drama to reset nature or go back to the drawing table

Ever heard of the word, "hungry in the midst of water"? that's referring to Mars... Mars is a combination of 1+3 and the dying man 9, that is 1+9+3 = 10+3... all equals to 4..... 10 contains what Donald Trump recently calls "The Big Cut" or what we call our share of the national cake in politics... This is why Jesus said in the days of Noah they where eating and drinking and building and marrying wives... but this hunger exceeded that it draw the other cut that is persevered for Saturn... Saturn is the ruling planet of January and all the leftovers (reserve) of the previous year go to January
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by ABOVEDELAW: 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
NATURAL DISASTERS AFFECT BOTH THE WICKED AND THE SO CALLED RIGHTEOUS.
GREATESTPIANIST:
Yea, Psalms 11 vs 6 is a vivid confirmation of that , it says, upon the wicked, he shall rain snares , fire and brimstone's and an horrible tempest, this shall be a portion of their cup..... selah..... hence, it's wise to run away from sin.......and he is also merciful, he can also choose to pardon the wicked, he decides it all, he is omnipotent, you can't understand everything about him...happy Sunday
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by tunary(m): 12:49pm On Oct 06, 2019
hmm
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by nextstep(m): 2:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
What we call "Natural disasters" (floods, no rain, hurricanes, earthquakes, asteroid impacts, volcanoes, etc) happened on this planet way before humans showed up.

There are no humans on Io (moon of Jupiter) but it's very volcanic. There are no humans on Jupiter, yet it has a HUGE, continuous thunderstorm the size of Earth (Great Red Spot, 350 years and still storming). Jupiter was also hit by massive asteroids in 1994 (Comet Shoemaker-Levi). There are recurring quakes on Mercury that produce huge fissures. All these things would kill 10s of thousands of humans were they inhabited. Should we also assume these events are punishments for non-existent humans in those places? Not to talk of billions of stars and planets in our galaxy alone (of which there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe).

These events will continue to happen when the human race is no longer. Earth itself is doomed to be overheated and swallowed by the Sun as the Sun loses the mass it needs to keep the gas together (see Solar death). We have gas giants and supernovae that detail the spectacular demise of stars all over the universe. Our star is not special; neither is our planet; and for the record, neither is our species.

1 Like

Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Jahskid24(m): 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2019
never let this escape ur notice: natural disasters are mainly the end products of man's scientific and technological exploits. men have completely succeeded in ruining the earth.
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by tunary(m): 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2019
Interesting question with no definite answer.
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by orisa37: 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2019
Let us know that they're The Manufacturer's Way of chiselling out the roughness of this world.
Re: Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? by Image123(m): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2019
OP is wrong. The devil doesn't cause natural disasters too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

( PHOTO) Going To Hell And Proud.. Really? Can You Imagine These People? / What's The Meaning Of 'God's Grace Is Sufficient for us?' / 45 People To Die Today You Will See It On CNN Now - TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.