Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? (18516 Views)

What Are The Teachings Of Jehovah Witnesses That Are Lies / Fulani Herdsmen: Father Mbaka Protests Against Murder Of Paul Offu / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by TheExecutioner: 7:10am On Oct 06, 2019
grin
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by Sunnycliff(m): 7:10am On Oct 06, 2019
Yes they are. Only Islam hates Paul and his epistles
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by Orissodiq: 7:13am On Oct 06, 2019
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by toprealman: 7:14am On Oct 06, 2019
OP stop confusing yourself.
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by TheExecutioner: 7:14am On Oct 06, 2019
Jesus came for both the Jews and the Gentiles.

mrvitalis:

Have u read the bible from start to finish ?

U would just notice a change ....even the 12 found it hard to understand

Jesus never came for the whole world he came for the Jews ....but Paul broke that
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by mrvitalis(m): 7:15am On Oct 06, 2019
TheExecutioner:
Jesus came for both the Jews and the Gentiles.

Where did he say that
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by Didijiji: 7:21am On Oct 06, 2019
David5il:
hmm think so
criminal.

Too early to scam
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 06, 2019
Another son of Satan trying hard to create controversies where there's none.

1 Like

Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by Cutehector(m): 7:22am On Oct 06, 2019
If you like have all the faith in this world,

If there is no love, you are nothing! Shebi this one dey Bible too? So what does it tell you?

Every fvcking message from Genesis to revelation is fvcking important! Fvcking important!!!! Dont take half and leave half
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by FirstSon01: 7:24am On Oct 06, 2019
cry Y'all be misunderstanding shit
Jesus came for all mankind but since he hadn't died on the cross we weren't saved only the Jews but before he died he said one thing to His disciples "go into THE WORLD and preach the gospel" so that's why Paul preached to everyone
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by Moventist: 7:27am On Oct 06, 2019
Nothing different between the two
However, Jesus'message was direct to the people which connects the Trinity while pauls message dwells on the the baground already laid by Jesus.

Therefore the contents is same only that one lay the baground and one builds . certainly foundation is different from roofing but same building,that's what you're trying to point out

1 Like

Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by TheExecutioner: 7:28am On Oct 06, 2019
[img]https://images./58RBSCspcpMBIVAzVEE0Dl.jpg[/img]

mrvitalis:

Where did he say that

1 Like

Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:30am On Oct 06, 2019
It is true that there are glaring differences between Pauline and Christ's teachings but it is not because the Bible is progressively revelatory as you claim.

Jesus was a Jewish carpenter from Nazareth. Paul was an urbane well read Roman citizen. The outlook and interpretation of both, the first revealing the scripture, the other repackaging it for a wider pagan audience must be acknowledged.

I can refer you to other explanations if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by Habeyy(m): 7:30am On Oct 06, 2019
Pls ,I refer you to john 14 -25 as quoted by d op

Jesus Christ was born under the law and so his teaching and ministration was done under the law

That of Paul under the grace
Remember the "comforter" as Christ said
He promised a comforter that comes in the form of Holy spirit

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by mrvitalis(m): 7:32am On Oct 06, 2019
TheExecutioner:

[img]https://images./58RBSCspcpMBIVAzVEE0Dl.jpg[/img]

Now read Mathew 15 vs 24

Reason I stop being religious

1 Like

Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by Rensolar(m): 7:32am On Oct 06, 2019
Yabsun:
Op, Jesus is alive when He(Jesus) made this quote: "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” It was after Jesus's death that Paul said this:

ph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Bottom line is that through the grace of His death, we are saved and our sins are forgiven for those that beliveth in Him. This grace hasn't abound when Jesus made the quote.

Godbless you sir. The OP totally forgot that before the death of Jesus men were sanctified by physical acts they do but after his death sanctification came through his blood alone!
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by gazza07(m): 7:33am On Oct 06, 2019
princeade86:
and with ur small brain, what is the different in the teaching.
obviously, u only read the topic. Big head, small brain

1 Like

Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by toolovely(m): 7:33am On Oct 06, 2019
Looking at the first two examples you gave, there's no difference. When Jesus was still here, his teachings were purely to the father who sent him on a mission. Now, Paul on the other hand was always referring to Jesus. As of the time of Paul, Christ had risen and his death signified forgiveness of our sins.

The second example, Jesus gave conditions to be saved but Paul said, believe in Jesus Christ. So if you believe in Jesus Christ, you also will have to know and keep to his teachings.

There's no contradiction anywhere here
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by Elijahrona(m): 7:33am On Oct 06, 2019
princeade86:
and with ur small brain, what is the different in the teaching.

The best way to hide something from a black man is to hide it in a book.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by princeakinola1(m): 7:37am On Oct 06, 2019
You need Holy Spirit to teach you how to read and understand,Apostle Paul did not preach against want Jesus preached,let me use your first case as an example,if you read it well you will understand that Paul is telling them to forgive each as God do forgive us,if you didnt forgive each other,100% God will not forgive you,remember want Christ said on the cross,Father forgive them because they didnt no what they are doing,if CHRIST didnt forgive then the His pain on the cross will go in vain.
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by monimekaz(m): 7:37am On Oct 06, 2019
unstoppable51:
A Closer Look At The Words Of Jesus & The Pauline Revelations (Epistles) From FeedMeJesus.com

Looking at the teachings of Jesus in the four Gospels (the books: Matthew, Mark, Luke & John), there seems to be a very wide gap between what Jesus taught and what we see apostle Paul teach in his epistles.

For instance, in Matthew 6:14-15 we see Jesus saying “For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

However when Paul wrote his epistles to the Ephesians and Colossians, he said something that looked like an opposite of what Jesus said. He puts his this way:

Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

He urged believers to forgive others not so as God will forgive them but because God has ALREADY forgiven them.

Again, in Matthew 19:16-22, a young man asked Jesus what he must do to have eternal life. In His reply Jesus said:

Mat 19:17 ……Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Mat 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Mat 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Jesus recommended a complete keeping of the Law and philanthropy to that young man. A few years later Paul was asked a similar question alongside his companion Silas by a Prison warder, and here is what they replied:

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

While Paul recommended just Faith in the Son of God Jesus to be all that is needed to be saved and have eternal life, it seems as though Jesus Himself recommended works alone to be all it takes.

Is Paul then a false teacher? Are his teachings truly in contradiction to Jesus’ own? Should we disregard the writings of Paul completely or is there something we are not getting clearly as a church when we look at the teachings of Jesus and the writings of Paul? Let’s go further.

To truly understand why Paul wrote the things he did, we need to first of all understand that the Bible is a book of progressive revelation which was never complete until the very last book. That means until we have read it through to the very last book and gotten witnesses from its numerous authors, we cannot turn “a statement” in it into a basis for Faith, a doctrine.

This is because the book was written in such a way that you will find the explanation and confirmations of the things you read as you proceed to the very end. So taking a statement from Jesus in the book of Matthew alone and establishing it as a doctrine will not be the best thing to do until you have read through the other books.

Why is this so? Because before His death (in the Gospels), Jesus said He had many things to say (bring to understanding, explain, teach) to His disciples concerning the things he had already said to them before and things to come. But He couldn’t say those things to them because the disciples couldn’t bear them then. He however said the Holy Spirit, when He has come to live in them, will teach, explain and show them those things He couldn’t due to their inability to bear them them then.

Joh 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The word “remembrance” Jesus used in that verse 26 above is actually better translated as “understanding”. That means what Jesus meant in that verse is that the Holy Spirit will bring to their understanding the things Jesus said while He was physically present with them. He (the Spirit of God) will give them the revelation, the explanations of His words beyond what the average man could understand. Verse 25 of that John 14 above makes this clearer.

While talking with His disciples again in John 16, Jesus reiterated this one more time to show how relevant it is for the Spirit (the one who explains everything) to come live in them.

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

The Holy Spirit shall show them things to come. The words “things to come” in that verse is not talking about “visions, dreams etc.” It is actually talking about the “death, burial and resurrection of Jesus” which was to come immediately after Jesus finished those statements. Those events are what Jesus meant there, not some distant future things.

In other words, the Holy Spirit will reveal to the disciples the mysteries of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. That is, why Jesus had to die, was buried and resurrected. The things He did for us via His death, burial and resurrection. The benefits His death brought for us such as grace, peace, righteousness, justification, etc. These are the things to come which the Holy Spirit would teach and have the disciples pen down in their letters to the church.

It is these “things to come” that apostle Paul devoted his time to know and Jesus by His Spirit revealed them to Him as he looked diligently into the Old Testament scriptures and prophecies concerning Salvation. This revelation of the finished works of Christ which Jesus Himself by His Spirit brought to Paul’s understanding was what inspired him to boldly write the things he did in all his epistles.
[b]
Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.[/b]

He went on to explain how come about this his revelations and teachings again in Galatians 1:11-20. Here is how he puts it:

[b]Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Gal 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

Gal 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Gal 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

Gal 1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

Gal 1:20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. [/b]

Now to confirm that the things Paul wrote in all his epistles are true, James, Peter and John, the pillars of the church, gave him the needed support. Paul called this support the right hand of fellowship to go share his Gospel revelations with the gentiles. A kind of saying “go ahead brother Paul, we are behind you because these things you teach are true.”

Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

In his own epistle, apostle Peter further confirmed this:

2Pe 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Notice how Peter did not only confirm a single epistle of Paul but all of them at the same time. Read that verse 16 again. He gave witness to EVERYTHING Paul said and wrote in ALL his epistles. That is to show that everything Paul said in all his epistles were correct.

So when next someone wants to make you believe that Paul was wrong or is a false teacher, be steadfast in your faith and rebuke them. Paul’s teachings are never against the teachings of Jesus. They are actually the continuation and explanations of what Jesus would have us the church to know today. There are no errors in those teachings. The Spirit of God made sure there was never an error in them so the church won’t be misled today.

I hope this blesses you. Now lift your hands to the Father and thank Him for the entire revelation of His Word, His Son, to us.

Glory to Jesus our King eternal.

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/05/are-teachings-of-paul-against-teachings-of-jesus.html

Your knowledge of the word of God is too shallow .It is either you lack simple English comprehension skills or you decide to let d devil use u.
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by TheExecutioner: 7:38am On Oct 06, 2019
Read it through to Matthew 15 vs 28. What does Jesus do in Matthew 15 vs 28?

mrvitalis:

Now read Mathew 15 vs 24

Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by paxonel(m): 7:38am On Oct 06, 2019
unstoppable51:
A Closer Look At The Words Of Jesus & The Pauline Revelations (Epistles) From FeedMeJesus.com

Looking at the teachings of Jesus in the four Gospels (the books: Matthew, Mark, Luke & John), there seems to be a very wide gap between what Jesus taught and what we see apostle Paul teach in his epistles.

For instance, in Matthew 6:14-15 we see Jesus saying “For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

However when Paul wrote his epistles to the Ephesians and Colossians, he said something that looked like an opposite of what Jesus said. He puts his this way:

Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

He urged believers to forgive others not so as God will forgive them but because God has ALREADY forgiven them.

Again, in Matthew 19:16-22, a young man asked Jesus what he must do to have eternal life. In His reply Jesus said:

Mat 19:17 ……Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Mat 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Mat 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Jesus recommended a complete keeping of the Law and philanthropy to that young man. A few years later Paul was asked a similar question alongside his companion Silas by a Prison warder, and here is what they replied:

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

While Paul recommended just Faith in the Son of God Jesus to be all that is needed to be saved and have eternal life, it seems as though Jesus Himself recommended works alone to be all it takes.

Is Paul then a false teacher? Are his teachings truly in contradiction to Jesus’ own? Should we disregard the writings of Paul completely or is there something we are not getting clearly as a church when we look at the teachings of Jesus and the writings of Paul? Let’s go further.

To truly understand why Paul wrote the things he did, we need to first of all understand that the Bible is a book of progressive revelation which was never complete until the very last book. That means until we have read it through to the very last book and gotten witnesses from its numerous authors, we cannot turn “a statement” in it into a basis for Faith, a doctrine.

This is because the book was written in such a way that you will find the explanation and confirmations of the things you read as you proceed to the very end. So taking a statement from Jesus in the book of Matthew alone and establishing it as a doctrine will not be the best thing to do until you have read through the other books.

Why is this so? Because before His death (in the Gospels), Jesus said He had many things to say (bring to understanding, explain, teach) to His disciples concerning the things he had already said to them before and things to come. But He couldn’t say those things to them because the disciples couldn’t bear them then. He however said the Holy Spirit, when He has come to live in them, will teach, explain and show them those things He couldn’t due to their inability to bear them them then.

Joh 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The word “remembrance” Jesus used in that verse 26 above is actually better translated as “understanding”. That means what Jesus meant in that verse is that the Holy Spirit will bring to their understanding the things Jesus said while He was physically present with them. He (the Spirit of God) will give them the revelation, the explanations of His words beyond what the average man could understand. Verse 25 of that John 14 above makes this clearer.

While talking with His disciples again in John 16, Jesus reiterated this one more time to show how relevant it is for the Spirit (the one who explains everything) to come live in them.

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

The Holy Spirit shall show them things to come. The words “things to come” in that verse is not talking about “visions, dreams etc.” It is actually talking about the “death, burial and resurrection of Jesus” which was to come immediately after Jesus finished those statements. Those events are what Jesus meant there, not some distant future things.

In other words, the Holy Spirit will reveal to the disciples the mysteries of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. That is, why Jesus had to die, was buried and resurrected. The things He did for us via His death, burial and resurrection. The benefits His death brought for us such as grace, peace, righteousness, justification, etc. These are the things to come which the Holy Spirit would teach and have the disciples pen down in their letters to the church.

It is these “things to come” that apostle Paul devoted his time to know and Jesus by His Spirit revealed them to Him as he looked diligently into the Old Testament scriptures and prophecies concerning Salvation. This revelation of the finished works of Christ which Jesus Himself by His Spirit brought to Paul’s understanding was what inspired him to boldly write the things he did in all his epistles.
[b]
Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.[/b]

He went on to explain how come about this his revelations and teachings again in Galatians 1:11-20. Here is how he puts it:

[b]Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Gal 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

Gal 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Gal 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

Gal 1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

Gal 1:20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. [/b]

Now to confirm that the things Paul wrote in all his epistles are true, James, Peter and John, the pillars of the church, gave him the needed support. Paul called this support the right hand of fellowship to go share his Gospel revelations with the gentiles. A kind of saying “go ahead brother Paul, we are behind you because these things you teach are true.”

Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

In his own epistle, apostle Peter further confirmed this:

2Pe 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Notice how Peter did not only confirm a single epistle of Paul but all of them at the same time. Read that verse 16 again. He gave witness to EVERYTHING Paul said and wrote in ALL his epistles. That is to show that everything Paul said in all his epistles were correct.

So when next someone wants to make you believe that Paul was wrong or is a false teacher, be steadfast in your faith and rebuke them. Paul’s teachings are never against the teachings of Jesus. They are actually the continuation and explanations of what Jesus would have us the church to know today. There are no errors in those teachings. The Spirit of God made sure there was never an error in them so the church won’t be misled today.

I hope this blesses you. Now lift your hands to the Father and thank Him for the entire revelation of His Word, His Son, to us.

Glory to Jesus our King eternal.

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/05/are-teachings-of-paul-against-teachings-of-jesus.html

hello!
There are difference in what Jesus thought the Jews and the Pharisees(people practicing Judaism and not Christianity) as at the time he was yet to be crucified when there was nothing like Christianity on earth, with what Paul thought Christians after Christ resurrected.

So, understand the time difference.
The former was still at the era of the old covenant(no grace) even though Christ was present physically, while the later was the era of the new covenant full of grace

1 Like

Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by debayun(m): 7:42am On Oct 06, 2019
I hate it when people think they can use logic to read and understand the bible without the help of the Holy spirit doing that is like trying to operate the android phone without the android os or driving a car from the passenger's seat.

The holy spirit wrote the Bible so how do you think you will understand his book without him. Doing such leads you to jump yo foolish conclusions like the OP jumped to.
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by SIMEONMPEE(m): 7:42am On Oct 06, 2019
Someone here may need the info on my signature, kindly check it out...
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by princeakinola1(m): 7:42am On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

Now read Mathew 15 vs 24

God is not actor of confusion of His words,if you see real unseen hand of God you will know God is God
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by EagleNest(m): 7:43am On Oct 06, 2019
There is no contradiction at all in both teachings. It is very simple unless you choose to complicate it.

"Forgive others just as God has demonstrated to you as an example, by forgiving you through Christ",...how is this complicated?

And what Paul was saying on Faith and Work, is similar thing as demonstrated in the encounter between Christ and the rich young ruler. When he was told the more difficult aspect of his belief he become sorrowful because that will indeed be a big faith shaker. Work is a product of Faith or put in another way, work is faith in action. The more you put your faith to action the more it increases with more revelations beyond what you think you know before. Peter also experienced this later in his ministry when he was sent to bring salvation of Christ to the household of Cornelius a gentile, which is contrary to what he knew, that salvation is only for the Jews. His eyes of understanding was opened more when he did.

Lastly, don't forget that Jesus appointed Paul to his ministry. Same Spirit worked in them so no space for confusion.
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by Dokitadotun: 7:43am On Oct 06, 2019
Jesus before his death also operated mostly based on the old testament principle becos according to the bible in the book of Hebrews, a new testament can't began until the death of the testator. This is why it was after his death that he told his disciples to go in to all the world and preach. Before his death Jesus only sent them to the house of israel.
On the issue of forgiveness and the rest, if you want to be honest to yourself has God not been good to you despite your shortcoming? If God was actually operating, in this new testament era, an old testament then nobody would have remained on the earth.
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by IamAtikulate: 7:44am On Oct 06, 2019
Jesus teaching was before his death. He operated under the law to set us free from the curse of the law.

The Apostles' teachings are all the same, no contradiction.

Their teachings was based on the era of Grace. Jesus teachings was to prepare and usher in that era.

The death of Jesus put an end to the Law.

If you read your Bible so well, you would have known all these quotations.
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by lloyds(m): 7:44am On Oct 06, 2019
Jesus is the same speaking through Paul.

Paul only expanded the words of Jesus, because he was a philosopher.

Greetings.
Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 06, 2019

There is NO difference.

Re: Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? by Orjioorji(f): 7:46am On Oct 06, 2019
@op God bless your knowledge of the scripture. The problem with black man is we only read headlines and judge the topic without going through the whole letters, the op did justice to his question by giving us the true answer but everybody here judge him opposite. Pls read before you criticise

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

William Kumuyi Celebrates 81st Birthday Today / Archbishop, Magnus Atilade Is Dead / If You Had A Chance To Live In The Biblical Times; Who Would You Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.