Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,389 members, 7,836,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn (14232 Views)

Did You Receive Any Lockdown Bonus From MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile? / How To Add & Remove Family And Friends Numbers On Airtel, MTN, Glo, 9mobile / How To Check Your MTN, Glo, Airtel & 9mobile Phone Number On Your Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by omerukokwuru(m): 9:28am On Oct 06, 2019
greenguy:
This people should just kill Nigerians instead of raining hardships on the people in bits.
how else do you suggest they do the killing?

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Sermwell(m): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2019
zayidhs:

This thread is 2 pages long yet every comment is about how cruel and wicked FG/PMB is. Not a single person put the bolded into perspective.

I don't know if Buhari is expected to waltz into the senate chamber and shoot down the bill. This is one of our problems whereby even the shortcomings and lack of performance in states aren't attributed to the state and/or local governments but rather the federal government.

To those supporting the bill, yes other countries do implement and in some western countries, telecommunication cost and taxes are very high (looking at you Canada). I also accept the need to tax but it should be something like 3% at most.

PAYE & luxury tax should be key but our senators will not pass a bill to review, upscale and fully implement cos they'll be the victims.

Furthermore, cost of governance should be grossly cut down especially the legislature.
so you are not smart enough to know that the executive has a hand in the bill sponsored by these senators?? you have really been played??

3 Likes

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by letitrainnow(m): 10:07am On Oct 06, 2019
Why?
Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Blackvic1: 10:22am On Oct 06, 2019
You see our dumb leaders sometimes I ask myself are these lawmakers educated at all or are they just plain dumb, how can you tax they already poor masses why don’t you explore the natural resources we have raise more revenue provide jobs,raise minimum wage and I believe Nigeria with all its hype is suppose to be paying its citizens atleast $500 for minimum wage then when you tax people it will be justified do we have even have economic team that advises this people anyway I am not surprised we are too dumb in this country... countries that tax its citizens have provided adequate jobs

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Opexzy: 10:45am On Oct 06, 2019
toprealman:
"unlimited" is basically finite here rather than infinite. The exploitation is out of this world.

Spectranet unlimited plan is worst... Your first two weeks, you will enjoy high speed.. Until the last 10 days when your internet speed will be less than 100kb/s and sometimes less than 50kb/s which i considered too slow for 4G LTE...

I have observed this frustrating and dubious act by spectranet for more than 4 months now.. How they are able to pull it off every month is still of concern to me...
Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Temptee101(m): 11:17am On Oct 06, 2019
Tax, tax and tax everywhere

Oh govt of anti-people ruled by dare-devils

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Temptee101(m): 11:25am On Oct 06, 2019
COMPAQ:
Nigerians too talk for phone sef. Funny enough my driver who is far lower than me in the economic ladder spends more time on the phone than me.

Some of you just throw in comments without thinking. Do you guys enjoy being looked at as fools or simply want to appear odd

2 Likes

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by liverpudian9(m): 11:27am On Oct 06, 2019
Then senators should be charged 80% of income earned awon oniranu

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by toprealman: 11:32am On Oct 06, 2019
Opexzy:

Spectranet unlimited plan is worst... Your first two weeks, you will enjoy high speed.. Until the last 10 days when your internet speed will be less than 100kb/s and sometimes less than 50kb/s which i considered too slow for 4G LTE...

I have observed this frustrating and dubious act by spectranet for more than 4 months now.. How they are able to pull it off every month is still of concern to me...
I just do MTN stuff and keep topping up.....AS YOU GO.
We don already enter one chance
Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Truthbites: 11:33am On Oct 06, 2019
Rensolar:

They are just pushing us to do our worst!
I'm curious if manna BBQ will be having enough data money from his grills by then, perhaps bubu would be supplying them special data grin

That Manna somebori de get on my nerves sha
Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Truthbites: 11:38am On Oct 06, 2019
I saw some where in d post where it was written that it was copied from Ghana..Naija eh! All the leaders do is to copy financial earnings, taxes n levies...but they will never copy things like provision of housing, good health care,good roads. What about welfare? In most good countries, u earn welfare when u don't have a job .. why PMB Govt nor copy paying welfare to jobless Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Rolly22(m): 11:52am On Oct 06, 2019
COMPAQ:
Nigerians too talk for phone sef. Funny enough my driver who is far lower than me in the economic ladder spends more time on the phone than me.

When a Fool talks

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by King44(m): 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2019
I listened to him being interviewed on channels what Ali Ndume the man who sponsored the bill said was Nigerians are pleased with the bill and they are not complaining only the telecoms are complaining I just dey shake head for where I sit down

Funny enough there is no public outcry it is like people don't know what the effect would be na until the bill enter third reading, finally passed and message wey network providers dey charge 4 naira enter 16 naira before we begin condemn the bill by that time e don late

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by awoo47: 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2019
never knew taxing is now a means of economic diversity

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by achikolo(f): 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
Simplyleo:

There lies the difference between me and pdp foolish urchins in whose noodle-filled skulls, everything about pdp is the best.

I, on the flipside, see and say things the way they are regardless of my inclination. Besides, I'm not controlled by emotions.
[/s]
trash trash trash

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by achikolo(f): 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
Simplyleo:
Tax on services rendered by private sectors is not out of place, same applies all over the world and at even higher rates in some advanced countries, so I personally don't have issues with this.

However, my concern is the hyprocricy of the government.

A total of 261b is expected from tax on those telecom services alone. The customs boss, hameed ali, said the govt makes about 9b daily following border closure. Few days ago, the Labour minister, Chris Ngige, was complaining bitterly that if the government had to bow to labour demand on consequential salary adjustment of higher grade civil servants, it will cost the govt about 580b. This amount is more than sufficiently covered from just these taxes, not minding other newly introduced taxes like some funny bank charges, reintroduction of tolls on our roads, etc.

The hyprocricy on display here is that, while the above mentioned taxes (like the excise duty) have taken effect, or at worst few days to take effect (for others), negotiation for consequential salary adjustment is still in progress since April that the new minimum wage was signed into law.

This is nothing but plain hyprocricy.

[/s]
trash

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Simplyleo: 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2019
achikolo:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash
For you to have time registering over a thousand moniker, following over a 100 members, quoting and striking all their comments day and night speaks volumes of how jobless you are.

You can go ahead and quoting, striking those comments for all I care, at least you now have a job. I just hope seun will soon start paying you stipends.

Nonsense and ingredients.
Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by achikolo(f): 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
Simplyleo:

For you to have time registering over a thousand moniker, following over a 100 members, quoting and striking all their comments day and night speaks volumes of how jobless you are.

You can go ahead and quoting, striking those comments for all I care, at least you now have a job. I just hope seun will soon start paying you stipends.

Nonsense and ingredients.
[/s]
shatap

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Simplyleo: 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2019
achikolo:
[s][/s]
shatap
We have many jobless dudes out there, go join them and search for job. Nairaland is a place for relaxation, stop living your entire life on it.

80% of members here are gainfully employed. Though you are also "gainfully" employed though no payment.

Very disgusting.
Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by achikolo(f): 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
Simplyleo:

We have many jobless dudes out there, go join them and search for job. Nairaland is a place for relaxation, stop living your entire life on it.

80% of members here are gainfully employed. Though you are also "gainfully" employed though no payment.

Very disgusting.
[/s]
trash
Nairaland is my job
fighting troll is my hubby
suffer not a troll and tribalists to rest on nairaland that's our watchword
Nairaland must be free from tribalists and trolls Insha'Allah amin
isee isee isee cool

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Apostlepurple: 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
Rensolar:
Someone from Borno state proposed it? That was his genuine concern? Jesus Christ!

Lol my thoughts exactly
Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by stieyven(m): 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2019
Wiifesnatcher:
[s][/s]

stop that two faced talk, this is the govt you supported despite its anti human policies

Buhari is a total failure, the illiterate had turned democracy to full military regime with his misplace priorities of governance

thunder need to end that madness in Asorock before 2023, I doubt if Nigerians can survive that dude incompetency before his tenure elapsed
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Elamin21(m): 1:39pm On Oct 06, 2019
No matter their plan we will still survive by God's grace.
Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Wiifesnatcher(m): 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
stieyven:

Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
[/s]

until you experience the securities challenges caused by the present govt leadership negligence and misplace priorities

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Opeyemi4real(m): 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
Switruth:
We don finally enter one chance.
And we are just looking. Nigeria is finished.

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by ayo2pec(m): 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2019
Seeking all means to drain people with little or no benefits.

It’s Okay we may soon be to pay tax to sleep

1 Like

Re: GSM Tax: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile Subscribers, Others To Pay Extra N261bn by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2019
Sermwell:

so you are not smart enough to know that the executive has a hand in the bill sponsored by these senators?? you have really been played??

No, I'm not that smart & I didn't realize that exhibiting unwarranted suspicion, making unfounded allegations, being negative and highly critical of something I'm totally oblivious of will lead to me being regarded to as having higher celebral acumen. But it's ok bro, it isn't your fault cos it takes a wiz of elevated echelon to understand my explanation, not a nitwit.

I'm sorry but I always give benefit of doubt and I don't go around making baseless assumptions. People that do that always complicate things, tend to be wrong and disliked. Remember the saying cunning man die, cunning man bury am

Though I'm not smart enough to read the senator's mind or deduce from his body language that he was compelled by the executive to raise that motion, I'm smart enough to know your last sentence isn't a question yet you ended it with question marks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NCC Arrests 5 Suspects For Fraudulent Registration Of SIM Cards / Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News / The Black Berry Craze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.