Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,931 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) (32958 Views)

UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown / Israel Adesanya Beats Robert Whittaker To Retain His Title / Isreal Adesanya Beats Paulo Costa To Retain UFC Middleweight Championship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by ThierryJay: 8:37am On Oct 06, 2019
HBB1:

If you have seen Jones fight, you know he is not someone you just jump at-- he is a beast.
Very calculated and rounded ( striking and grappling)

I am not sure of Adesanya's grappling skills-- they are a bit suspect!
His grappling skills are superb yes, but His grappling is not so convincing

Jones however has a wrestling background. I think he has only been taken to the ground once in his career ( Cormier Vs Jones 2).
That's a very big achievement.

But I would like to see it sha, but remember if Silva (at his age) could push him that far, how much much Jon 'Bones' Jones!

Whittaker also had a wrestling background, his grappling skills were supposedly better than Izzy's. He was supposedly a tougher beast. But Izzy has put all these postulations to the dustbin.

One thing I know is that Izzy appears to be motivated more to overcome his supposed shortcomings as evidenced in his matches against Gastellum and Rob. The guy's winning mentality is second to none. If he really sees Jon Jon as a challenge, I bet you in a few years, he'll Bleep JJ up.

And your reference to Izzy's match against Anderson is not entirely correct. It was obvious Izzy was showing Anderson, his mentor, a lot of respect. He was actually toying with Silva most of the match.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by HBB1(m): 8:39am On Oct 06, 2019
ola33t:

Even lots more grin grin grin. Jons is scary.

I hope we are wrong, but the same way they pushed Atiku, they are pushing Adesanya.

Gustafson that gave him issues the first time, he beat like a baby the second--Jones is a Killer!

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Oloyedecherry: 8:40am On Oct 06, 2019
damtan:

How about the third picture? Ifoloju toh bad gan cool
Bro, you saw that one too...one bottle of your favourite drink for you....chilled...mortuary standard..
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by sammyonal: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2019
wa gbayi, I just like this guy, always repping and hailing his country any day any time. proudly naija.
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by seangy4konji: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2019
I wish den fit beat Bulgari like this, Dino melaye and kyari so maybe den go get sense.

No aishatu I just pity but she Don get small bois weh deh knack so not in spoil..

Make den get small sense
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Gazzy88(m): 8:45am On Oct 06, 2019
Nigerians are the best everywhere they go while biafrans are criminals everywhere they go cheesy grin.
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 06, 2019
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Happyfela(m): 8:49am On Oct 06, 2019
He rep Nigeria everytime
Arkmanbuddy:
A good one by Israel Adesanya. Unfortunately, he fights for New Zealand.
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Mrquote: 8:51am On Oct 06, 2019
Arkmanbuddy:
Who told you this
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by NicemanJosh(m): 8:51am On Oct 06, 2019
Jeeesu!! , this oyinbo collect beating for the first picture until him turn red! grin grin grin
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2019
mercyviv:
Israel Adesanyaaaaa!
He did it like its a piece of cake. This guy made me love UFC, never even knew anything like this sport existed until Israel came along. AYA BI EKUN!!. grin
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

Alaya bi oke!
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Mrquote: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2019
lloyds:
That guy should go and find something better to do. . That sport is too bloody brutal and dirty.
Pls advice him on what to do or you can just go to church
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 8:54am On Oct 06, 2019
sammyonal:
that was the exact reason why they renamed it WWE which was formerly WWF.
okay
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by dannybrasky(m): 8:55am On Oct 06, 2019
lloyds:
That guy should go and find something better to do. . That sport is too bloody brutal and dirty.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by achikolo(f): 8:57am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

Yea.
[/s]
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 06, 2019
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by achikolo(f): 9:00am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

grin grin grin. If UFC becomes more valuable and profiting, he should just take his money and run. UFC is not something I will even recommend for an enemy.
[/s]
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by achikolo(f): 9:00am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

Lol, my boy will not lose at 21 wins. More power to him.
[/s]
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 06, 2019
Oloyedecherry:
With the way this guy dey vex, i just hope he will not eventually beat one oyinbo to coma/ death grin grin grin, Anyways.....We are proud of you bro......ikunle abiamo ooo, i didn't even check the first picture wella before......Enu ti baje o jeesu....Ifolenu to bad.. I think they should be asking this guy's opponents before the start of each fight if they want to walk away or sign his death warrant if he wants to stay, because the way i am seeing this guy, he will eventually beat someone to coma/death.

grin

Hunger don panel beat the Nigerian guy.

So he wants to change destiny once and for all

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by jneutron4000: 9:01am On Oct 06, 2019
Emceesaka:

Na so una talk say Whittaker is also a beast. Isreal Adesanya will still beat him Las las
broda Jones na beast the the whole UFC respects him, even Anderson Silva that Adesanya respect though he beat am super super respect Jon jones. This guy �� na beast

Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by achikolo(f): 9:02am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

It's Sunday for goodness sake. Be guided.
[/s]
i won't
it's follow to the death kiss
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by achikolo(f): 9:02am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

Even lots more grin grin grin. Jons is scary.
[/s]
[s]
ola33t:

I just saw ur comment, same thing I've been telling people in here, my boy Israel should try if possible to avoid Jones for now.
[/s]
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by kaziblake(f): 9:03am On Oct 06, 2019
ola33t:

I just saw ur comment, same thing I've been telling people in here, my boy Israel should try if possible to avoid Jones for now.
Please how is Israel your boy?
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 06, 2019
Arkmanbuddy:

Like Gnabry plays for Germany instead of Ivory Coast.

African governments chicken out when it's time to sponsor their own.
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 06, 2019
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by achikolo(f): 9:05am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

Ok, continue. When you marry or dey busy now, nobody go tell u grin.
[/s]
nope
my contract with you guys na till 2024 Insha'Allah
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by achikolo(f): 9:06am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

Yea, fixed match things? grin grin grin.

Anyway rematch will say it all. If the Sumo beats AJ again (God forbid), then that means the first one is not a fixed match.
[/s]
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2019
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by SmellingAnus(m): 9:07am On Oct 06, 2019
ola33t:

grin grin grin If he's not careful, that sumo dude will knock him out again.
cheesy cheesy cheesy @sumo dude...

Guy you get mouth
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by kaziblake(f): 9:07am On Oct 06, 2019
ola33t:

Yea, it's a slang guys generally use or again a word guys use for their favourite, someone they like or admire. A guy can say his friend is his boy or son.
Messi is my boy too and many others.
Na wa o...Okay
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 06, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mbappe To Pocket A €300m Signing Bonus & €100m-A-Year For Staying At PSG (Pix) / EPL: You’re Next Thierry Henry, Cristiano Ronaldo – Guardiola Hails Haaland / Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.