Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend (62698 Views)

Nigerian Woman Reconciled With Her Husband On His Sick Bed The Same Day He Died / My Dad Died Because He Slept With A Married Woman / Nigerian Man Mourns His Fiancée, Who Died One Month To Their Wedding (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by Elytron1604: 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2019
festacman:
Soldiers die for others to live. People are killed for committing robbery. People die having sex in brothels. People get knocked down by hit and run driver. People die from liver and kidney problems got from bad lifestyles. We all going to die in one or another. It is the way of mortals .

Although the mourner sounds like the type who exaggerate things a bit when they are emotional, this man died because he tried too hard to achieve success. He was not forced. He chose. He should not be blamed too much for TRYING. We are all in it till papa calls.
every man to his own belief and convictions. It's unfortunate this man died. There are people who are naturally like this, it's an impulsive desire in them but sometimes because they lack the gusto to say no. I have read through all comments on this but like someone said with or without you life moves on. I have a brother who is very supportive to all of us even to me but in all honesty he wasn't looking at his own good but was always placing every other persons interest above his lncluding those of his friends. One day I called him and I said enough is enough you must start taking care of yourself and your future especially now that you have a family while doing this I know that if he takes my advice I will be equally affected but I never mind. Through to my word he took my advice. Today he never respond as he used to even to me. But it is better he is alive than end the way this man did. Of what good will his death be to me if I had fail to advice him. Of what good is this man's death to all those who have been a leech on him.
Whatever we do in life however good, however worthy, however noble, however selfless : tread with caution. Life is worth living, it's sacred and attaining one glory must not lead to its destruction. HBD to all born to eternal life. You are not dead but only transisted.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 06, 2019
Nat404:
You again? Lol.
Yes me again. Hope all is well
Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by uuzba(m): 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2019
festacman:

You are the one who is pathetically naive in all of these. You are too eager to counter me with some prejudicial mentality that "you are so naive about some of your saying". You seem to be unsettled by my opinions on issues. Well, the constitution guarantees me right of expression and I have no apology to offer for that.

Now, it is either you didn't read my write-up with open mind or you read it upside down. I did not say that EVERBODY who died from kidney or liver problems died from recklessness but of course many of them actually died from their bad lifestyles. No doubt about this.

My point of submission is that everybody dies as a result of something and the dead man in question should not be berated for 'living in his own way' and going the way of all mortals.

Finally, I want to assure you that you will keep stumbling on my opinions on this forum because I will stick around as long as possible. I look forward to reading your opinions too if you can articulate them. Enjoy your Sunday. Fear not but believe!
Why do people insult another person very-very well FIRST, before making their point?
Nigerians youth can NEVER work together to achieve any result with this attitude.

Once I know that I'm going to recieve heavy ABUSE AND INSULT IMMEDIATELY I express my opinion, then na to stay off and keep my ideas to myself.

1 Like

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by festacman(m): 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2019
Elytron1604:
every man to his own belief and convictions. It's unfortunate this man died. There are people who are naturally like this, it's an impulsive desire in them but sometimes because they lack the gusto to say no. I have read through all comments on this but like someone said with or without you life moves on. I have a brother who is very supportive to all of us even to me but in all honesty he wasn't looking at his own good but was always placing every other persons interest above his lncluding those of his friends. One day I called him and I said enough is enough you must start taking care of yourself and your future especially now that you have a family while doing this I know that if he takes my advice I will be equally affected but I never mind. Through to my word he took my advice. Today he never respond as he used to even to me. But it is better he is alive than end the way this man did. Of what good will his death be to me if I had fail to advice him. Of what good is this man's death to all those who have been a leech on him.
Whatever we do in life however good, however worthy, however noble, however selfless : tread with caution. Life is worth living, it's sacred and attaining one glory must not lead to its destruction. HBD to all born to eternal life. You are not dead but only transisted.

Deep!

1 Like

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by Kingjames(m): 3:01pm On Oct 06, 2019
I use all my life saving to the last kobo to build four-bedroom family house

Now soo broke

I pray I overcome this

3 Likes

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by festacman(m): 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
uuzba:

Why do people insult another person very-very well FIRST, before making their point?
Nigerians youth can NEVER work together to achieve any result with this attitude.

Once I know that I'm going to review heavy ABUSE AND INSULT IMMEDIATELY I express my opinion, then na to stay off and keep my ideas to myself.
But remember you used the word "naive" first but now you playing the victim. Well, as it suits you, you take.
Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by Opeyemi4real(m): 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
uuzba:

He was foolish.

He broke God's commandment.

Keep holy the Sabbath Day. For Christians, that is Sunday.

Rest on Sunday. He didn't rest.
Now he's dead

All that he worked for, where is it now? One idiot will use his money to buy iPhone X, later throw it away and buy iPhone 11...
Bro, how does 'keep holy' translate to 'rest'? Christians works on Sundays and most times tiring. Not referring to ordinary members. He died a good man! They didn't even tell us what actually killed him. Useless people that doesn't care about family also die untimely!
Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by Nat404: 3:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Yes me again. Hope all is well
Yeah sure. How do you do?
Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by odigbosky(m): 3:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
Freemanbobble:
People will always forget
That we work to live
We don't live to work
As you dey try master the huzzle in order to conquer the struggle for both you and your family also make sure say you flex yourself

I don't save too much money for the future that is not certain
Always flex yourself
Drink some beer
Bang the ladies

That is why i love me and my niggarzz
We always use money. Money don't use us
Infact if you dey Benin city today
Dey with me for sapele road by richmoore bar or zafike hotel by aduwawa make we drink enough bottles

Owiepa.....domor
Egua for

If no be say my side from your side I for come jjoin you for zafike eeee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by mechanics(m): 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
dominique:
Nigerians no dey want hear "abroad based" for ears, they'll think you're rolling in millions and almost milk you dry with demands. If you like, kill yourself while trying to give into their demands, you go just die for nothing. This is why it is good to always take a stand and don't let anybody put unnecessary pressure on you to the point of sending you to your early grave
That's right, indirectly saying we should do the little we can and not put pressure on ourselves.
Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by bogdaddy(m): 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
Bros I swear you sabi chop life!
Freemanbobble:
That we work to live
We don't live to work
As you dey try master the huzzle in order to conquer the struggle for both you and your family also make sure say you flex yourself

Always flex yourself
Drink some beer
Bang the ladies

Dey with me for sapele road by richmoore bar or zafike hotel by aduwawa make we drink enough bottles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by Godsknight(m): 3:24pm On Oct 06, 2019
Freemanbobble:
That we work to live
We don't live to work

Always flex yourself
Drink some beer
Bang the ladies

drinking beer and banging ladies have now become the best ways to enjoy life?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2019
Nat404:
Yeah sure. How do you do?
Doing just fine. Thanks
Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by ikevictor: 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
festacman:
Soldiers die for others to live. People are killed for committing robbery. People die having sex in brothels. People get knocked down by hit and run driver. People die from liver and kidney problems got from bad lifestyles. We all going to die in one or another. It is the way of mortals .

Although the mourner sounds like the type who exaggerate things a bit when they are emotional, this man died because he tried too hard to achieve success. He was not forced. He chose. He should not be blamed too much for TRYING. We are all in it till papa calls.

You have no idea what you are saying...I have been a victim of such and can tell you that sometimes family is a core weakness you cannot help with.

Sad he lost his life, because the idiots he gave up his life fighting for might be fools who just don’t want to do anything but bear children like rats with no efforts on how to train them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2019
I can't kill myself trying to please anyone. Anyone I've sent money, I've done so out of my own abundance, out of my willingness to help and not to please him or her.
I can't even work extra just to meet up with the obligation of helping someone.
Nigerian relatives are used to bugging people with useless requests but no be who you get his number you go bug?

4 Likes

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2019
ikevictor:

You have no idea what you are saying...I have been a victim of such and can tell you that sometimes family is a core weakness you cannot help with.

Sad he lost his life, because the idiots he gave up his life fighting for might be fools who just don’t want to do anything but bear children like rats with no efforts on how to train them
You know them well. The my son's birthday is next week people. Wetin concern me with your son's birthday or dedication, na me born am for you people?
They will always tell you country hard but that doesn't stop them from idling around, living all their daily lives in church programs rather than working hard to feed their families. When it's time for their kids school fees, they will forget to run to the pastors they pay tithe to and come to you, the imaginary tree that bears money.

3 Likes

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by moonbender(m): 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
So he died because he worked 7days in a week in the US?

That means those who work in Nigeria 6 days a week under a very harsh condition and little salary should have died long ago.

He didn't die because of the work or helping people. Only God knows what led to his death. Pray he RIP, simple. And life continues for the living.
Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by Legendguru: 4:56pm On Oct 06, 2019
hmmm
Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by Dshocker(m): 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
dominique:
Nigerians no dey want hear "abroad based" for ears, they'll think you're rolling in millions and almost milk you dry with demands. If you like, kill yourself while trying to give into their demands, you go just die for nothing. This is why it is good to always take a stand and don't let anybody put unnecessary pressure on you to the point of sending you to your early grave

Am telling you
Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by komekn(m): 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2019
dominique:

Easier said than done.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2019
Candycrushy:

Oya mind your business then
Mind my business? how? sad
Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by dominique(f): 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2019
mechanics:
That's right, indirectly saying we should do the little we can and not put pressure on ourselves.

Exactly. Not that you should shun dependent friends and relatives completely, but do the best you can and don't let anybody weigh you down with excessive demands

komekn:

Easier said than done.

If you bend over backwards and and work overtime because you want to please a bunch of leeches, you'll have no one but yourself to blame once the pressure starts to take it's toll on your body

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by mechanics(m): 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2019
dominique:

Exactly. Not that you should shun dependent friends and relatives completely, but do the best you can and don't let anybody weigh you down with excessive demands

That's right, I agree with you
Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by Rockyfancino(m): 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
Many people wouldn't understand. I'm an example here and I made the decision just this night that I will stop and only focus on my happiness from now on. I'm less than 25 and I already have white hair sprouting out of everywhere of my body. God showed me health and happiness and I will not throw it away because of anybody. Imagine, ever since somebody has been born. People even started calling me a computer sometime ago. It's not only when you're working 7 days a week you're working to please people. You may have been trying to please your family all your life without you speaking a word of it and them not knowing and everything leads into chaos because you'll never know peace for yourself. Everyone in this world has his own bag to carry and anyone who is not willing to see, just ask God to guide that person. Jesus already died once, he did not say you should comman die again. As long as you do not leave God alone, he'll work it himself.
I just made this decision this night and I stumbled upon this afterwards. Small world.

4 Likes

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by drmikeadams(m): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
J111333:
You know them well. The my son's birthday is next week people. Wetin concern me with your son's birthday or dedication, na me born am for you people?
They will always tell you country hard but that doesn't stop them from idling around, living all their daily lives in church programs rather than working hard to feed their families. When it's time for their kids school fees, they will forget to run to the pastors they pay tithe to and come to you, the imaginary tree that bears money.
grin

Daily lives in church programmes grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by opebiboy: 4:47am On Oct 07, 2019
Live for you alone. People are not worth the stress

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by EagleNest(m): 7:25am On Oct 07, 2019
"Love your neighbour as yourself" saith Jesus Christ. That means show equal love to your neighbour as you will do to yourself.

Why then do relatives expect you to show more love to them than you will do to yourself. It's sad how they capitalise on someone's sincere love to help, and turn it to a heavy burden. An ATM that never lacks money. They hardly thought about your welfare but about themselves.

Help of yesterday suddenly becomes invalid until new one is meet. And the cycle continues. Endless cycle that leads to poverty and death! God punish poverty!

1 Like

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by ImaIma1(f): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2019
jaxxy:
Even superheros like Superman can’t please or help everybody. Ur pastors who are called to help others can’t please or help everybody. Put ur self 1st once in a while. Be selfish smtmes. Besides ur immediate family which is ur core responsibility, the people u keep helping endlessly are selfish most times. Lol

And it is not do or die as these family members make it. Because now that he is dead, they will still survive.

1 Like

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by armyofone(m): 11:36pm On Oct 07, 2019
When parents spend their lifetime born up and down, placing responsibilities of their "God give" children on another child, that's what you get. Orgasms is not stress relief! Nigerians please plan your family and use birth control! Don't make your child take care of your children!

dominique:

4 Likes

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by armyofone(m): 11:47pm On Oct 07, 2019
Nigerians won't listen to that. You help this one, that one will come .....all going in an unending circle!!
If you don't know how to act like Americans and say no with a stern face, you are in soup.
I really blame parents having many children!

naijadrivablog:
You can't please everyone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by opebiboy: 6:44am On Oct 08, 2019
armyofone:
When parents spend their lifetime born up and down, placing responsibilities of their "God give" children on another child, that's what you get. Orgasms is not stress relief! Nigerians please plan your family and use birth control! Don't make your child take care of your children!

u have sense. Many sense

2 Likes

Re: ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend by armyofone(m): 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
Na suffer head o. Papa spent his formative years sowing wild oats. Na him pickin wey travel he want make he helep him carry the burden. Town and village people go add them own! Na punishment!
Na the realities of Nigerian lifestyle my friend no be only sense!

opebiboy:
u have sense. Many sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / Meet Fortune Ibe, The Tallest 15 -Year-Old Teenager In Nigeria / Man Heartbroken After Wife Revealed Why She Cheated On Him With Married Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.