Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,246 members, 7,849,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:11 AM

Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" (3109 Views)

Woman Quits Marriage, Marries Daughter’s Boyfriend In Kano / Husbands Should Abstain From Breastfeeding Wives For 6 Months - Medical DG / Nigerian Couple Show Why Husbands Should Help Their Wives At Home. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2019
If the shoe fits, wear it

Wear it

1 Like

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
genq:

E pain am grin

I know you've been waiting for this moment. slowpoke kiss

You're just dull, was that not a response to you quoting me without commenting, ode.

8 Likes

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by genq(m): 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

You're just dull, was that not a response to you quoting me without commenting, ode.

Give it a rest abeg. Simpleton.

7 Likes

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by Nobody: 4:38am On Oct 07, 2019
Oh boy, here we go again. What is this bitch above me (genq) bitching about now?

You are the sort of male gangstas in movies will call a bitch considering the rate at which you gallivant on threads all over NL arguing stupidly with women. You are like a whinny wimp of a man always opening your darn gone mouth and running it, STFU sometimes and act like you've got a brain with some sense in it.

I think the best part of you ran down your mother's legs or you were birthed out of her ass. Does your ass ever gets jealous of the shit that comes out of your mouth? You have more dick in your personality than you do in your pants. You should put a condom on your head, because if you’re going to act like a dick you better dress like one, too.

Take my lowest priority and put yourself beneath it cos I'm done with you bitch.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by Nobody: 4:42am On Oct 07, 2019

1 Like

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by Nobody: 4:58am On Oct 07, 2019
genq:

Gbam.

Society has really deceived women, selling them the dream that a career would give them fulfillment, when in actual fact, the life of a modern woman is 2x harder.

Back in the day, a woman's main focus was on her home while the man had the SOLE responsibility of going out there, busting his arse to bring home the bacon. Unfortunately for today's woman, they are now plagued with having to work full time jobs whilst also having the added responsibility of trying to make and maintain a home.

Feminism is a scam and many working women are tired, exhausted and unfulfilled in their so called 'careers'.
But men started complaining and buckling under the sole pressure of providing. Women had to sit up and work to support themselves and family.

1 Like

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 07, 2019
BBBmall25:
This Type Of Woman Is Rare. U May Have To Count Pass 2billion Women Bf U Spot One. The Man Is A One Lucky Bug, Let Me Wait And See If Tarmapretty Fit Do This For Me
So you men fancy full housewives now?

1 Like

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by FloraEC(f): 6:07am On Oct 07, 2019
AntiBrutus:
What part of the article suggested she was working a 9-5?

Is it my eye or is someone grasping at straws?

#BlameFeminism
She's still working at home oo, making vintage wears by herself.
Ezigbo marketing strategy using housewife as a coverup

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by genq(m): 6:20am On Oct 07, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
But men started complaining and buckling under the sole pressure of providing. Women had to sit up and work to support themselves and family.

You are sort of right - BUT these are unfortunate consequences of modern day living.

Men were happy as providers for so long because they were almost guaranteed a loyal, submissive and faithful wife who looked after the home and the children - there was a sense of give and take, and this gender equilibrium created a sense of stability in the home.

However, a paradigm shift in the modern era ensured that the new age woman now feels it's ok for a man to continue his traditional duties (providing) whilst she abandons hers in exchange for competing with men at work and at home too. As thus, the power struggle between both genders left men with no option but to question why we must 'provide' for an individual who is now "equal" to us on every level playing field.

It's interesting to see that some women (like OP described) are beginning to get exhausted by it all.

9 Likes

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 07, 2019
genq:

You are sort of right - BUT these are unfortunate consequences of modern day living.

Men were happy as providers for so long because they were almost guaranteed a loyal, submissive and faithful wife who looked after the home and the children - there was a sense of give and take, and this gender equilibrium created a sense of stability in the home.

However, a paradigm shift in the modern era ensured that the new age woman now feels it's ok for a man to continue his traditional duties (providing) whilst she abandons hers in exchange for competing with men at work and at home too. As thus, the power struggle between both genders left men with no option but to question why we must 'provide' for an individual who is now "equal" to us on every level playing field.

It's interesting to see that some women (like OP described) are beginning to get exhausted by it all.
Interesting. So it would be better if women don't go to school or work? No one is dragging any right with men. Women simply wanna be relevant in d society but that does not mean she'll abandon here gender and social roles.
Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by cococandy(f): 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2019
grin
AntiBrutus:

How do we correlate the above posts?

We must pray against every spirit of confusion.

Rationality is a strength. It isn't easy to be objective irrespective of which way a subject takes. I guess he was a feminist when he made this post or just trying to ensure the woman is at fault...as usual,

#BlameFeminism
#TheWomanMustBeAtFault

grin
Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by cococandy(f): 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2019
By her own words, she’s a feminist.
She’s able to make her own choices . Of course with the consultation of her spouse whom she states she shares an equal relationship with.

She’s happy with her choice and is living her dream.
There’s nothing more feminist than that. Making your own choices and not being told you have to do otherwise.

I wish her all the happiness in the world.
Plus she’s pretty too kiss

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by Magnoliaa(f): 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2019
genq:

Gbam.

Society has really deceived women, selling them the dream that a career would give them fulfillment, when in actual fact, the life of a modern woman is 2x harder.

Back in the day, a woman's main focus was on her home while the man had the SOLE responsibility of going out there, busting his arse to bring home the bacon. Unfortunately for today's woman, they are now plagued with having to work full time jobs whilst also having the added responsibility of trying to make and maintain a home.

Feminism is a scam and many working women are tired, exhausted and unfulfilled in their so called 'careers'.

Don't speak for women. You're not in their lives. Who are you to tell anyone what brings them fulfilment or not?

Lollllzzz... You used 'main' and 'sole.' Nice one there. (Claps). Main is for the woman, so you believe she's meant to do all and every, but sole is for man. He's got no other responsibility. Lemme ask, what is wrong with the man having a 'main' and other things to do, too? Or what is wrong with both partners doing main and sole tasks? Sharing?

I am not prescribing this method as the best (even though the modern age is great for this), but your belief is not the right way, too. It is not for everyone.

Is it so hard to comprehend that times have changed and women (and men) are complex humans? Not one dimensional, and not purely existing? To bear children and produce sperm?

I absolutely agree with you saying women now are home-makers and still manage boards ... but, the roles are trying to be re-defined, re-written (like men can take care of their kids, cook and do other house-ly stuff), but you'll still cry that they are being emasculated.

And stick to being a sole provider, while the woman do nothing, financially ---- you still complain and call her a leech, gold-digger, and jobless.

That is one of the BS Feminism calls out. A woman is not an angel, neither is she designed to multitask and keep everyone okay, neglecting herself.

You're highly confused and don't know what you want.

We are in the twenty-first century, and all these 'hard' work are not needed. A woman is absolutely free to choose to not do these things. Choose to not be a mother, or be the all, cleaning up after a man and making sure his 'baby self' is okay.

Contrary to your opinion, feminism will actually relieve women of that 'role,' whatever it is - to be a super woman.
If more women marry partners (liberated) who sees them as equals, and don't have some archaic beliefs about them - do you think women will still be working as hard as they do?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by Magnoliaa(f): 5:23pm On Oct 07, 2019
Acidosis:

grin grin No woman in Nigeria will wish for a thing like this. This is the era of 1 man 10 wives in Nigeria, all sharing one bush meat from a stone-age pot. grin

This can not be a bad situation, depending on how you look at it. Imagine if the man was a billionaire, marrying ten wives wouldn't be a big deal.

Abraham, David, Solomon and co. did it. They have the capacity.
Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by Magnoliaa(f): 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
Everyone is evolving but you men. I believe you're having an identity crisis.

Grow and find new roles for yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by Magnoliaa(f): 5:34pm On Oct 07, 2019
genq:

Learn to think for yourself little girl wink

The fact that you had to clutch on to AntiBrutus' comment shows how weak-minded you are - as if her idi0tic comments packed a punch grin lol.

A thousand of you #weakervessels can gather yourselves on this platform and be typing rubbish - it won't change the undisputed realities of day to day life.

SMH. Getting personal and throwing insults... instead addressing points or debating, you're hiding behind 'too-mature-to-reply-or-give-attention' persona.

1 Like

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by Octopusssy(f): 8:36pm On Oct 07, 2019
*sigh...

White people undecided
Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by yeyeosoronga: 8:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
This method can only work if all the lazy men can step up their game and provide adequately for their wives.
I'm sure this same woman cannot even try to become a housewife if the husband were a lazy bum not able to bear the financial responsibilities of a man (as we seem to see around a lot these days).
I'm sure many women would gladly remain housewives if their men were adequate providers. Imagine married to a man who is able to afford decent schools for your children, decent accommodation for you, decent means of transport, decent clothing and personal care and of course decent food. Meanwhile, your aged parents are also adequately catered for. He also has some decent money and investments/life insurance in place for the family should he die prematurely.
Many women would jump at the opportunity to be a housewife.
Some people think its feminism making women in Nigeria to go on the streets to hustle like men for their wages. It's borne out of necessity and not feminism in majority of cases. Many Nigerian women dont know what feminism is when they're just trying to survive and have their next paycheck to feed their children when the fathers are unserious about feeding their brood.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by missjo(f): 9:06pm On Oct 07, 2019
cococandy:
By her own words, she’s a feminist.
She’s able to make her own choices . Of course with the consultation of her spouse whom she states she shares an equal relationship with.

She’s happy with her choice and is living her dream.
There’s nothing more feminist than that. Making your own choices and not being told you have to do otherwise.

I wish her all the happiness in the world.
Plus she’s pretty too kiss
Lol, i think you you may have it backwards.
What she is doing is exactly the lifestyle early feminists fought to overturn.
Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by cococandy(f): 9:19pm On Oct 07, 2019
They fought to overcome this being required of every woman.
They fought for the choice of every woman to be able DECIDE if they want this or something different.

Choice. It’s not a complicated concept.
And this is her choice. Absolutely wonderful that she can CHOOSE.

Sigh
missjo:

Lol, i think you you may have it backwards.
What she is doing is exactly the lifestyle early feminists fought to overturn.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by missjo(f): 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2019
cococandy:
They fought to overcome this being required of every woman.
They fought for the choice of every woman to be able DECIDE if they want this or something different.

Choice. It’s not a complicated concept.
And this is her choice. Absolutely wonderful that she can CHOOSE.

Sigh
Was feminism at its inception a fight for choice or a fight for rights?
Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by cococandy(f): 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2019
Umm the right to choose? Lmao.

Girl I’m not doing this unproductive work with you today.
missjo:

Was feminism at its inception a fight for choice or a fight for rights?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by missjo(f): 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
cococandy:
Umm the right to choose? Lmao.

Girl I’m not doing this unproductive work with you today.
Lol @the right to choose.

We know about rights to political equality and enfranchisement in the workforce, reproductive rights and equal pay much later.
But a right to choose? Lol, this is new. cheesy

Do have a lovely day

2 Likes

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by sisisioge: 10:28pm On Oct 07, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin

Interesting...I hope she doesn't divorce the dude once she gets tired of waiting on him and after the kids arrive. Oh, nannies were available in the 50s.

1 Like

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by LeRabbite: 4:01pm On Oct 08, 2019
Magnoliaa:
Everyone is evolving but you men. I believe you're having an identity crisis.

I agree

1 Like

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2019
Men started experiencing high blood pressure, stroke, obesity, prostate cancer, and so many other illnesses when they agreed their women should work.

Every woman should be a housewife so they can take care of their children and monitor their behavior. We have lots of kids who are gays, prostitutes, depressed, suicidal because they did not have their mother look after them with love and proverbs.

Same way we have weak and emasculated men because their father didn't go out of their way to teach them how to survive like a man.

Being a housewife does not mean you won't do anything at home other than cleaning and washing. If you read things fall apart, you'll see that women planted lesser crops like cocoyam and cassava while men took care of the king crop, yam and others.

As a woman, you can decide to be a baker, caterer, writer, etc. and work from home while choosing your work hours. That way you can cook healthier meals for the family rather than exposing them to junk that endangers the health.

I know a lot of women that have made millions from writing, baking, selling wigs, hair products, catering, fashion, bead making, and even MLM.

They have cars and houses scattered all over the country. It is even easier with the digital era where millions of people can buy from you.

Working from home will save you from having to endure sexual harassment from your boss which some women eventually bow to pressure.

It will save you from transferring aggression to your children when your boss is giving you a hard time in the office, and you know women are more emotional and irrational than men, they can't bear most things handed to them without transferring aggression thereby making their kids suffer for what they don't know.

They can take care of their health and weight. We've seen people having to resign so that they can lose weight.

Believe it or not, working at an office is one of the top causes of obesity. People handle stress by eating and most times, junk is the only thing available to eat in the work environment.

But if you have a stay home wife, she'll cook in the morning for breakfast and lunch, when you come home, you'll eat a well prepared dinner. She won't be obese, you won't be obese, your children won't be obese.

That being said, women started working during the first world war when the men had to go to war and they were left behind to cater for themselves and the economy.

Feminism began when men would still not respect women even after proving that they can also fend for themselves without their help. What women want is respect.

Respect that food she cooked even if it's not tasty, don't kick it out of the table. Respect the fact that she keeps everywhere tidy and everyone sane.

Respect her as she respects you.

If you respect someone and she does the same job a man does, you'll pay both equally. The opposite is disrespect which is what feminism stands against.

1 Like

Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by djon78(m): 4:46pm On Oct 10, 2019
The truth that in the West, a lot of women, most especially white women and majority of high income homes are still housewives.
The system still favors them.
But in Nigeria, harsh economic conditions will not make this possible. All man dey hustle.
Re: Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" by djon78(m): 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
This method can only work if all the lazy men can step up their game and provide adequately for their wives.
I'm sure this same woman cannot even try to become a housewife if the husband were a lazy bum not able to bear the financial responsibilities of a man (as we seem to see around a lot these days).
I'm sure many women would gladly remain housewives if their men were adequate providers. Imagine married to a man who is able to afford decent schools for your children, decent accommodation for you, decent means of transport, decent clothing and personal care and of course decent food. Meanwhile, your aged parents are also adequately catered for. He also has some decent money and investments/life insurance in place for the family should he die prematurely.
Many women would jump at the opportunity to be a housewife.
Some people think its feminism making women in Nigeria to go on the streets to hustle like men for their wages. It's borne out of necessity and not feminism in majority of cases. Many Nigerian women dont know what feminism is when they're just trying to survive and have their next paycheck to feed their children when the fathers are unserious about feeding their brood.

Story only very few men can tolerate that including the Rich.
I know two women that there husbands are billionaire's, they live in Banana Island but they still hustle there own business. Its only very few men that will tolerate an idle non working woman.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minibus For Hire Purchase / These 7 Unsolved Mysteries Will Leave You Terrified / I Can Never Forgive My Little Brother After What He Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.