Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 (2089 Views)

2023: Field Igbo Woman As Deputy Governor To Win Lagos, Group Tells / APC & PDP Should Field Igbo Presidential Candidates In 2023 / Asiwajutinubu, Min. Fashola And Others At APC Field Operations HQ, Abuja. PICS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by Area4Area: 5:54pm On Oct 06, 2019
kettykin:

Did Afenifere vote PDP when PDP produced Obasanjo in 1999 ?
I've ever thought you were a pro IPOB and Biafran, what's the fascination about the presidency of Nigeria?
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by Area4Area: 5:57pm On Oct 06, 2019
Sammy07:

Has Ogbonnaya Onu or Amechi or Rochas declared their intentions to run for presidency
Have dey made their intentions known??

Declare first and see what will happen.
You can't just sit at home and be expecting presidency at your doorstep...

First thing to do is to make their intentions known and run for the primaries...
I tire o, you've not even contested in the primaries of the party and already talking about the presidency, some people with their way of reasoning sef.
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2019
It's not reasonable...

Even the Fulani people knows that they cannot be trusted with power... 1966 aguyi ironsi came to mind.... Believe Igbo people at your own peril
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by Afamed: 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2019
kettykin:

Did the South west Vote PDP when PDP gave Obasanjo the Ticket in 1999, where they even ready to Vote PDP in 1999 , why is the Goal post changing in 2019 ?
Typical Africa approach. Question for question. In 1999, the two major constestants are from SW. Which ever way it was bounded to come to SW. The question I am asking a clever by half of you remains, If PDP presents NE/ NW and APC presents SE. Will people like you still vote for APC?. Sincerely answer the question

1 Like

Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by femolii: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
Go and sit down you are here talking about pastor hv you stop your rubbish talk about the pastor? I don't think you people need south west for anything but am waiting to see how an Igbo man will become Nigeria President without South west support, instead for you to channel your thread to pdp you are here talking about pastor and apc is it because apc is the ruling party sorry what happen to pdp and apga.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by mrvitalis(m): 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
at the time pdp fielded obj and yar adua south west and north west region was pdp stronghold after 1999 ,2003, 2007.elections.

Answer the question is south east region APC stronghold?

Do APC have single gov in South East region?

How many lawmakers do APC have in South East region?
North west was PDP strong hold ? ...are u high ...buhari always won north west
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by ORIENTATION101: 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

North west was PDP strong hold ? ...are u high ...buhari always won north west
tell us how many govs did anpp have?
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by seunmsg(m): 10:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
The people of south east have been voting PDP since 1999. Let PDP take the lead and other parties can follow. PDP should micro zone its ticket to the south east ahead of 2023 election to compensate the region for the huge support since 1999.

1 Like

Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by Ekpeitit(m): 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2019
kettykin:
One can only imagine why APC Member who has been going around with the campaing Slogan of change and Next Level , with prominent Pastors in their Midst not ensure Fair Play in the Party and select an Igbo man to fly the flag for 2023.

For the benefit of dispute , they can select Ogbonnaya Onu who is a buhari Loyalist and a first class chemical Engineer to fly the flag, other people are Allen Onyema who has sacrificed for the well being of Nigerians in Diaspora but who is not a politician .
Others include Chris Ngige , Joe Igbokwe, Oji Kalu , Rochas Okorocha etc.

If igbos in the South East are not enough then Igbos in the South South come be chose among whom are Rotimi Amaechi, Patric Utomi , the present Governor of CBN , the former Minister of petroleum etc

While will pastors be the people to deny igbos a fair deal in Nigeria
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by Ekpeitit(m): 10:35pm On Oct 06, 2019
Don't worry my friend, Igbos will contest under APGA as usual, APC is a Fulani RUGA party remember?
Igbo presidency my yansh.
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by kettykin: 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2019
[quote author=Ekpeitit post=82907137][/quote] Sorry i hurriedly wrote that piece out of annoyance with so many typos and grammatical errors
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
kettykin:
One can only imagine why APC Members who has been going around with the campaign Slogan of change and Next Level , with prominent Pastors in their Midst not ensure Fair Play in the Party and select an Igbo man to fly the flag for 2023.

For the benefit of dispute , they can select Ogbonnaya Onu who is a buhari Loyalist and a first class chemical Engineer to fly the flag, other people are Allen Onyema who has sacrificed for the well being of Nigerians in Diaspora but who is not a politician .

If igbos in the South East are not enough then Igbos in the South South come be chosen amongst whom are Rotimi Amaechi, Patric Utomi , the present Governor of CBN , the former Minister of petroleum etc

Dude, why do you start these sort of threads? The way you write, I can tell you are likely not a bad person even if a pro-Igbo bigot. You will always see things from an Igbo-centric perspective but you are probably someone who can also reason effectively. You tell me then on what Planet the APC would give its ticket to the most undeserving weakest link component that rejected the Party outrightly in 2 general elections, gave its electoral support at every chance to the PDP and dedicates itself to a 24/7 campaign of calumny against the APC in the SE and anyone associated with it (eg Okorocha, Igbokwe, Ngige et al).

This is what I hate most about you Igbos. You are never ready to accept the consequences of your actions and Igbokwe noted this when he said Igbos should have the patience to play opposition as Yorubas have done rather than adopt a strategy of blackmail designed to see them reap where they have not sown. You chose to swim or sink with the PDP. Endure with them and prove to Nigerians, as Igbokwe challenges you to do , that you are not a "food is ready" people. Do what the Yorubas did if you can and stop this pathetic begging for APC ticket you don't meritoriously deserve and will never get. Brand Igbokwe 'Efulefu' but the parts in bold in his article below show Igbos like you are the Efulefus who want to reap where you have not sown and have no patience to build bridges while you remain disinterested in treating others with respect and dignity.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/03/can-igbo-people-play-opposition-politics-nigeria-10-years-joe-igbokwe

Now the outcome of the 2015 elections has forced the Igbo to be in the opposition. But will the Igbo play opposition politics in Nigeria and hold on to it at least in the next 10 years just to surprise people like us who think it is not possible? Can Igbo shame critics and tell them that the spoils of office and love for money will not allow them to play opposition politics? Can the Igbo make history by choosing to suffer a little in other to be relevant again in Nigerian politics? Can the Igbo show other Nigerians for once that they too can withstand the pressure of being in the opposition for a while?

Can the Igbo demonstrate capacity and capability now by working with South-South, the North, and other Nigerians to rebuild the PDP, even if it takes 20 years? Will the Igbo jettison the love to support any government in power to redeem its battered image of playing Ugba and Okpoloko politics? Can the Igbo do this for me and other Igbo like me who feel ashamed that we must support any government in power in order to survive? When did the Igbo cease to be a proud people? Did we not fight a civil war for three years with empty stomachs? Did we not prove to the world that we are strong men and women in those three long years?

The Yoruba nation I know has been in the opposition even since the inception of Nigeria and yet they are not the worst in Nigeria. After the annulment of the June 12, 1993, presidential elections won by Moshood Abiola, the powers that be tried to console the Yoruba by appointing Ernest Shonekan the head of the interim government. Did Yoruba accept Shonekan? No, they did not. They did not come out on the streets with Gbedu Drums to celebrate Yoruba and Chief Shonekan. Yoruba proudly told the powers that be that you can only be the Head of State in Nigeria through two methods: either through an election or through a successful coup d’état. In the case of Shonekan, he did not ascend to power through either of the above processes. He was therefore rejected by the Yoruba. Now, if it were the Igbo, would they have reasoned this way? I doubt it. In the struggle for June 12, Abiola was put in detention, and his wife killed. Several Yoruba people were in detention and some hounded abroad. Abiola was eventually killed. But did the Yoruba go to war or resort to self-determination? No, they did not. They fought back using common sense and the power of ideas.

In 1998 when the presidency was zoned to the South-West because the late MKO Abiola has paid the supreme price, the Yoruba preferred Olu Falae but the powers that be forced Obasanjo on Nigeria. Now did the Yoruba accept Obasanjo because he is a Yoruba man? They did not. This unique race rejected Obasanjo for the eight years he was in office, from 1999 to 2007. To date the Yoruba still believe that Obasanjo wasted their eight years. OBJ was rejected even in his own ward, in his local government, and in the whole of the Western Region. That is the Yoruba nation for you. Can the Igbo do this? I doubt it. After the 2003 elections, the PDP stole all the states in the South-West, leaving only Lagos because they were afraid of the trouble Lagosians will give them. The former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, fought back like a wounded lion with his committed associates to reclaim almost all the States in the South-West. He did not stop there; he spread his intimidating political tentacles across Nigeria, forming alliances across building networks and bridges, and the result is what we saw on Saturday, March 28, and April 11, 2015. Now, can any leader in the South-East achieve this feat? Where is the character? Where is the courage? Where is the wisdom and understanding? Where is the common sense? Where is the discipline? Where is the capacity and capability?

After the 2015 elections, where the Igbo lost their deposit by putting all their eggs in one basket, many Igbo leaders claimed that the Igbo made the right political choices given the circumstances on the ground then. Dr. Ebigwe, Senator Ekweremadu, Ken Nnamani, Professor Anya O. Anya, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, Peter Obi, Ohaneze, Aka Ikenga, Ndigbo Lagos, MASSOB, and even the Igbo in diaspora spoke with one voice in saying the Igbo voted well by pitching their tent with Jonathan. Yes, the Igbo have said they voted right, but in actions and in deeds, they have been busy looking for ways to sneak into the APC.

After President Buhari trounced Jonathan on March 28th, 2015, panic gripped Igbo politicians, businessmen and women and the traders. They have been running helter-skelter, looking for where to seek refuge. I remember a night in the house of a very successful Igbo trader in Ikoyi shortly after the presidential election, when it became obvious that PMB had carried the day. They gathered to contribute money to support to the APC. Even those who traveled home for the Easter holiday donated money from the East just to belong. I felt ashamed that my people couldn’t defend their honor and integrity even in times of trouble.

On Saturday, July 25th, 2015, a group who worked against APC in Lagos called Igbo United Political Forum organized a reception to honor Governor Rochas Okorocha. Behind the smokescreen was an attempt to sneak through the back door to the APC, having missed the front door on March 28th and April 11th, 2015. The organizers reaped what they sowed, as all the APC leaders they invited stayed away. They licked their wounds and went home to cry. Time and space will not permit me to recall various moves our people have made to find their way to the APC. Those who are still very angry about the colossal loss have pitched their tent with the Biafra mantra. When we lose out in national politics as a result of myopic and timid political thinking and calculations, the next move is to resort to ethnic politics. Nobody is deceived.

My humble submission is that the Igbo should learn how to play opposition politics, and the time to do so is now. The Igbo will not die if they are not in the APC or part of the government in power. After all, the Yoruba have been in opposition for a long time—since the 60s, and still they have not perished. Let the Igbo work with other PDP leaders across Nigeria to start strategizing to reposition, rebrand, and rebuild the PDP. This is the way to political rebirth and redemption. If you have many bushes to clear, you have to sharpen your knife very well.

Joe Igbokwe, Lagos

1 Like

Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by Ekpeitit(m): 1:51am On Oct 07, 2019
Jimasun:

Indeed.
We the Ohaneze Ndigbos will never vote APC.

No room for APC in Igboland
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by Ekpeitit(m): 1:51am On Oct 07, 2019
I think it's the other way around.
NO ROOM FOR IGBOS IN APC.
GO TO APGA

1 Like

Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by OreMI22: 2:09am On Oct 07, 2019
kettykin:
One can only imagine why APC Members who has been going around with the campaign Slogan of change and Next Level , with prominent Pastors in their Midst not ensure Fair Play in the Party and select an Igbo man to fly the flag for 2023.

If igbos in the South East are not enough then Igbos in the South South come be chosen amongst whom are Rotimi Amaechi, Patric Utomi , the present Governor of CBN , the former Minister of petroleum etc

Abi o!
If APC truly want Igbo Presidency, they should field an Igbo like Rochas Okorocha, Rotimi Amaech, Ogbonnaya Onu or Dr Chris Ngige!
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by MetaPhysical: 3:25am On Oct 07, 2019
Afamed:

Typical Africa approach. Question for question. In 1999, the two major constestants are from SW. Which ever way it was bounded to come to SW. The question I am asking a clever by half of you remains, If PDP presents NE/ NW and APC presents SE. Will people like you still vote for APC?. Sincerely answer the question

They will vote Hausa in any party before they ever vote an Igboman in APC.

Let me explain. When Ibo hear APC they are programmed to interprete as Yoruba. They know consciously Yoruba is not the only ethnic in APC but their subconscious and anti-Yoruba emotions is more powerful, their outward response is fueled by it. Hence an Ibo in APC is regarded as tainted, a saboteur, an enemy, an implant, a puppet of Yoruba. They will abandon their own in APC and back a foreigner in PDP.

...and if PDP also presents Yoruba they will boycott altogether.

My Igbo brethrens know w hat im talking about. Make i hail them small so their ego go swell. grin grin

Kwenu! Kwenu!! Kwenu!!!
Biafra Kwenu!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by MetaPhysical: 3:34am On Oct 07, 2019
seunmsg:
The people of south east have been voting PDP since 1999. Let PDP take the lead and other parties can follow. PDP should micro zone its ticket to the south east ahead of 2023 election to compensate the region for the huge support since 1999.

Last election cycle this is how PDP structured.

Presidential candidate - NE (Fulani)
VP candidate - SE (Ibo)
Party Chairman - SS (Ibo)
Campaign Chairman - NC (Fulani)

You can see SW and NW were ignored.

You are proposing a SE candidacy in 2023. Why?

1 Like

Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by adoboy04(m): 3:48am On Oct 07, 2019
Jimasun:

Indeed.
We the Ohaneze Ndigbos will never vote APC.

No room for APC in Igboland
olooshi
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by seunmsg(m): 4:46am On Oct 07, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Last election cycle this is how PDP structured.

Presidential candidate - NE (Fulani)
VP candidate - SE (Ibo)
Party Chairman - SS (Ibo)
Campaign Chairman - NC (Fulani)

You can see SW and NW were ignored.

You are proposing a SE candidacy in 2023. Why?

I proposed a PDP SE candidacy based on the understanding that power should shift to the south in 2023. Igbos are very strong in PDP. They’ve been voting for the party since 1999 and it is only fair that they be allowed to produced the party’s candidate in the next presidential election.
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by Area4Area: 5:43am On Oct 07, 2019
OreMI22:

Abi o!
If APC truly want Igbo Presidency, they should field an Igbo like Rochas Okorocha, Rotimi Amaech, Ogbonnaya Onu or Dr Chris Ngige!
Igbos have been slaving for PDP and vilifying APC as an Islamic terrorist jihadist evil party, why would they want to associate with same party? The PDP is where the buck stops for them, tell the PDP to zone the presidency to the SE and stop blackmailing other ethnic groups or parties.

I even wonder why so many IPOBians and Biafrans are now becoming more Nigerians and unity beggars
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by MetaPhysical: 7:46am On Oct 07, 2019
seunmsg:

I proposed a PDP SE candidacy based on the understanding that power should shift to the south in 2023. Igbos are very strong in PDP. They’ve been voting for the party since 1999 and it is only fair that they be allowed to produced the party’s candidate in the next presidential election.

We are in a democracy and pdp is concerned about winning elections. It is a party, not a dispute resolution panel. It is left to Ibos to resolve disputes and conflicts with others around the nation and secure their support and backing for political progress. .. When will Ibos do this?
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by surgical: 9:49am On Oct 07, 2019
Sammy07:

Because Apc have been called an islamic party...
Hate speeches have being laid upon APC by Igbo youths and ohanze group.
Now tell me, if they field those people.

Do you honestly think they will support them

2nd point is that, many of the Igbos in APC have been termed anti igbo, so who knows if they field them, they will get support.

3rd point is, pre 2019 election, igbos have been told to support Apc Buh they didn't. there contributions are not up to par, Apc got little votes in SE.

PS : I'm A Yoruba PDP, Buh we just need to say the truth
you know you are not being truthful but continue
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by kelvinginzie: 9:51am On Oct 07, 2019
seunmsg:

LOL you want Pdp to lose with over 35 million votes!!!
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by juman(m): 10:03am On Oct 07, 2019
APC should field me rather than yiibos.
I also deeply hate one Nigeria like yiibos but I don't hate Muslims like them.

I like people of other faiths and tribes but I don't like yiibos.

I would be better president than buhari, obj, IBB, abacha put together.
Those useless generation of generals.
Re: Why Cant APC Field Igbo APC Members For 2023 by Sammy07: 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2019
surgical:
you know you are not being truthful but continue

What will I gain if I tell a lie??
We're all here when Rocha's defeated to Apc and got some heavy insults.
We're all here when the ohanze youths and elders do call Apc an Islamic party.

Is there any lie in the above statement?
Or you need link?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Petition Against Tinubu “lying Fallow” In Our Office –EFCC Source / Man Dies Days After Wishing Mammam Daura Dead / Billion Dollar Singapore Firm To Establish An Ocean Terminal In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.