Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

How Safe Are Your Funds In Your Bank Account? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Safe Are Your Funds In Your Bank Account? (650 Views)

How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves / Kuda App Is A Scam, Remove Your Funds Now!!! / My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe Are Your Funds In Your Bank Account? by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 07, 2019
Please pardon my typo.
I'll try to be brief.

Date: 29th September. 2019 2:15pm

...so a colleague of mine needed a favour on a rainy Sunday...

John: Bro, send me 30k make I use secure that laptop wey Sally go use go school, if you come work on Monday, I go reimburse you.

Me: Baba, I hold like 14k cash but go send you 10k via transfer. You go sort the rest out yourself.

I ended up doing a transfer via quickteller and sending him the cash too
...John got the 14k but never got that transfer till today..

TYPING

1 Like

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds In Your Bank Account? by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 07, 2019
I went to work on Monday but my colleague told me he didn't get the funds from that transaction, so I decided to chat up my Account Officer. Madam wasn't picking up her calls nor replying my WhatsApp messages. So I opted to hold on for 24 hours for a reversal as it might be due to network...

But in the meantime, I was like okay, lemme chat up the bank on their social media platforms if I could get a reply.

then I found some weird shit.
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds In Your Bank Account? by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 07, 2019
The page I laid complaint on Facebook was exactly or should I say very very identical to the original Sterling bank page that I couldn't decipher which was which and had to leave both altogether.
...one thing that triggered my curiosity was that the email for complaints was Customer Care@sterling.ng

A different thing entirely from the original stuff.

Notice the capital C?

And God they are fast in replying to query.

...to cut it short, the bank has a slow to zero response for complaints on social platforms which is capitalised on by wisecracks who feel they're Yahoo guys.
...when I stopped my complaints on the "social platform"' , I started receiving friend requests from otedola, alakija, and aliko dangote , all picking interest in sending me cash.
I can't get a hold of the chats cuz all the otedola and alakija just blocked me lol. I just have a little convo from the cloned Sterling Facebook page

...meanwhile, I have evacuated the remaining funds in the account to a "safe place"

I feel for the Customer Care officer that will attend to me sha.

As for me, within the day, I'll go and lay a complaint sha...bank that only reply complaints with automated messages only.

But really, how safe is your money in the bank??

Cc:
Nwaamaikpe
Ishilove
Bishopkay
Richdad
Off point
Delugajackson

1 Like

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds In Your Bank Account? by Chuks9000: 7:06am On Oct 07, 2019
If you did the transfer on genuine quickteller url, then, the transaction isn't lost yet.
Visit any branch and lodge the complaint.
GTB seems to lead when it comes to addressing issues via non-branch complaint.
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds In Your Bank Account? by NwaAmaikpe: 7:43am On Oct 07, 2019
shocked

I am not the best person to comment on issues like this as I am mostly intellectually limited to the workings of the female anatomy but I'd try.

I can authoritavely confirm that funds in Nigerian banks are safe. This does not mean not that fraudulent staffs who can grow pot belly on your deposits don't exist.

The good thing is,
Every activity on your account is documented, a review of your statement of account will show that everything is captured and if you have any doubts, you are at liberty to contest such.

In your case, this isn't your bank's problem but that of the switch you used. Quickteller is Interswitch's product; so you and your bank are at their mercy.
That's the same problem folks in Nigeria have with otherbank's ATM and POS disputes.
Sadly no legislation exists compelling speedy reconciliation and reversals of failed transactions.

To avoid such sad experiences, always effect your transfers either using the NEFT or NIP platform which is powered by the NIBBS.
Infact, stick to using your bank's internet banking applications instead of 3rd party vendors.
With NIBBS you are rest assured that your unapplied funds will be reversed after 24hours (1 working day) or a maximum of 3 clearing sessions unless your bank has a poor reconciliation culture because of a tacky clearing team.

Always use your card on your bank's ATM and POS terminals so that you won't use the energy you'd have used wondering where your girlfriend is in thinking about when your money will be reversed.

Don't bother yourself calling an account officer when in dire need mostly if she's a female just contact their helpcare desk.
Don't also blame her for not picking.
The poor lady may have been gobbling up a customer's preek to rake in deposits to save her job.

Well that's what I always do if I must reach out to my bank.

Luckily, most Nigerian banks are readily accessible through their social media handles and official websites BUT always type in the web address of your bank yourself into your browser.
Searching it online is the fastest way to search your money into the trouble of cloned sites.

Taking the following listed steps is bound to reduce your worries, but there's only so much you can do.
What do I even know?

Others can help.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds In Your Bank Account? by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 7:48am On Oct 07, 2019
First four numbers and last four on your card is the red flag bro.

Scam Le leyi*

1 Like

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds In Your Bank Account? by blowjanet: 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
Hello,

i have two gold iphone 6

iphone 6 gold 64gig - fully functional except for the fingerprint (touch id is not working but home button is working), 100% battery life.- N45,000

Open to trade
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds In Your Bank Account? by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 16, 2020
Not Really Safe. Click & Read Dis Www.Nairaland.Com/5957248
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds In Your Bank Account? by Olabode971(f): 12:43am On Aug 16, 2020
Mostly everything is not working in this country; from Education to Banking to health to governance... Everything can't breathe again..

Ohh what a state we are in.

(1) (Reply)

Popular Nightclub, 3AD, Completely Razed in Otta, Ogun State. VIDEO / Girl Poisons Her Bestie, Posts RIP But She Recovers (Photo) / Driver Beats FRSC Officer Who Poured Water On Him For Driving Against Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.