Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,324 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) (63587 Views)

UNILAG Sacks Boniface Igbeneghu & Samuel Omoniyi Over Sex For Grade Scandal / ‘Boniface Igbeneghu Acted So Godly On Campus’ — UNILAG Student On Lecturer / Sex For Grade: Dr. Boniface Igbeneghu’s Facebook Page Stormed By Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by OgboAto: 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2019
9jaRealist:

Knew that crude Nigerian misogynists are never far behind... angry

Any lecturer, employer or person in a position to directly influence the grade/career of another person (and that goes for both male or female) has NO business whatsoever sleeping with such person, however much you may believe that the subordinate “willingly” want to. If you have NO moral compass (or self-control/self-discipline), you are NOT fit to hold a fiduciary/supervisory position.

>

Xisnin:

Lame attempt to defend randy lecturers.
You may be next!

Ode folks.
I already indicated it was a joke. What is with the anger. You both hold too much toxic energy within. Are you doing well in real life? Are you OK? Is everything alright with you both?
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Redman44(m): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2019
TempleHouse:

What a load of preposterous and patronising nonsense you're talking about !
Perhaps, you ought to go back and check what you wrote before you throw yourself to the gutter.
You stood for justice and yet you're sympathetic to a pheadophile. What an irony !
Tell me how you have condemned the evil menace in your write up ?
The only good thing to you is about not washing clothes in dirty linens and not about the innocent girls been abused because BBC is biased and should focus on Britain so that Pheadophile can have a free range in Nigeria.
So, who is ignorant here
Your knowledge of the ways of the modern world is absolutely irelevant to the matters in question.
Your insults and abuse depicts your level of knowledge of the modern world and you're not equipped to tell anyone that you know anything about Britain or any so called modern world.
Pheadophile should be condemned, shamed and jailed, and anyone justifying this evil is worse than them.

You have a serious comprehension problem and you don't know it. I don't have the time to argue with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by BluntBoy(m): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2019
Octopusssy:

That yeye man took me literature when I was writing JAMB. One day he came in and started talking rubbish when we were having poetry class. When I gently pointed out what the poem was talking about, he told me to either shut up or leave his class, that I can't know more than him. This is despite the fact that I had studied the poem extensively, while he was just opening the text for the first time that evening. Very arrogant asshole.

My colleague who was in his department in UNILAG told me how he collected 10k from her and he told her if she wants the money she should come and meet him at UNILAG guest house. Useless somborri.

His cup is full. The punishment of the false teacher is never asleep.

I don't understand why people behave this way. And yet, they are always the first to scream injustice when it affects them or their children.

As a former pastor, I am not surprised that a pastor would stoop this low. I have met many so-called pastors who cannot see a lady without immediately wanting to go to bed with her. That is why I always pray that God Himself comes down and cause a revival in His Church.

1 Like

Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by BluntBoy(m): 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2019
Okoroawusa:
I have never asked a female student sex for marks... but you all come here n talk like lecturers are not the victims too!

Some girls would do all n I mean all they can just to sleep with a lecturer or have one as a boyfriend simply because they find him attractive n these girls r not the dullard types or doing for marks. Some of my colleagues are married to their former students. Is that victimization too?

Am not holding briefs for any lecturer but if you sack them here these lecturers end being employed by countries that have BBC n CNN.

I think I will install a secret camera so that parents will see what that thier "good girl" does when she when she stays half of the semester running around town only comes when exam timetable is out. Some girls will be bold to tell a lecturer," Sir, this your paper I know I will not write well but consider me o!"

Like I said am not holding brief for anyone but it takes two to tango

There are cases such as the ones you mentioned.

But, in the case of the BBC documentary, the lecturers are guilty of sexual harassment. A trap was set for them, and they fell into it. I am sure that the trap was set based on the bad reputation of the lecturers that were tested. It was an extensive study, and it didn't seem like there was any randomization. The investigators simply set traps for lecturers with bad reputation. In the case of Boniface, it appears like he is indeed notorious for sexually harassing students.

This is not a case of a student seducing her lecturer. This is a case of a lecturer abusing his position.

3 Likes

Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by TempleHouse: 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2019
Very sad that BBC is showing this Unilag sex scandal on TV now and I wonder how the prospects of Nigerian Universities Certificate will be underscored for recognition across the World.

1 Like

Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by tealaw(m): 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2019
Wey police to go carry this nonsense man.
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Pascopele: 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2019
Some young Nigerians are not cool with the idea if BBC showing the documentary on #SexForGrades

Why?
Is that the source of your good result?

Those saying the students offer themselves, it is still up to the lecturer to refuse.

1 Like

Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Pascopele: 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2019
Some young Nigerians are not cool with the idea if BBC showing the documentary on #SexForGrades

Why?
Is that the source of your good result?

Those saying the students offer themselves, it is still up to the lecturer to refuse.
TempleHouse:
Very sad that BBC is showing this Unilag sex scandal on TV now and I wonder how the prospects of Nigerian Universities Certificate will be underscored for recognition across the World.
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Okoroawusa: 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2019
BluntBoy:

There are cases such as the ones you mentioned.

But, in the case of the BBC documentary, the lecturers are guilty of sexual harassment. A trap was set for them, and they fell into it. I am sure that the trap was set based on the bad reputation of the lecturers that were tested. It was an extensive study, and it didn't seem like there was any randomization. The investigators simply set traps for lecturers with bad reputation. In the case of Boniface, it appears like he is indeed notorious for sexually harassing students.

This is not a case of a student seducing her lecturer. This is a case of a lecturer abusing his position.

Am not holding brief for him. He should face the music.

My comment was an assessment of the male lecturer-female student relationship n how that relationship is being abused by both parties.
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by hardon1(m): 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2019
why are they painting it as though things like this only happen in nigeria. its happens every where including UK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2019
he is even a pastor sef grin..not shocked
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Martinez39(m): 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
Gerrard59:
Kudos to the BBC!

Sometimes, even with the ensuing extremism regarding modern day feminism, you have to applaud feminists and the work they do. Additionally, I am not surprised he is a religious clergy, like every Nigerian who invokes the word "God" in statements, they have nefarious and unethical behaviours. To protect her image, Unilag should sack him. If he remains like Gandollar, there will be increased scrutiny on her graduates by foreign universities especially on her female grads.

To those who display traits of whataboutery, because someone campaigns against the spread of HIV doesn't stop you from doing same against cancer. To paraphrase, because I am against the spread of HIV does not mean I am for the spread of cancer. It is not mutually exclusive.
What has feminism got to do with this? Sexual exploitation is a crime and both genders are victims. Try as much as possible to leave gender out of issues.
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by godlyguy(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
Too bad... In anothee news another one is threatening BBC grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5458237/disgraced-ghanaian-professor-ransford-sue
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by baby124: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2019
Martinez39:
What has feminism got to do with this? Sexual exploitation is a crime and both genders are victims. Try as much as possible to leave gender out of issues.
Unbelievable... Martinez is this really you?! Or am I dreaming. Let me logout and go and order suya and palmy grin
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Martinez39(m): 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2019
baby124:

Unbelievable... Martinez is this really you?! Or am I dreaming. Let me logout and go and order suya and palmy grin
Lol. It's me. Any objections?
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by baby124: 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
Martinez39:
Lol. It's me. Any objections?
Objections ke. Carry on grin
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Martinez39(m): 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2019
baby124:

Objections ke. Carry on grin
grin As e dey hot.
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by BluntBoy(m): 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Am not holding brief for him. He should face the music.

My comment was an assessment of the male lecturer-female student relationship n how that relationship is being abused by both parties.

I understand your point.

1 Like

Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Okoroawusa: 6:41pm On Oct 07, 2019
BluntBoy:

I understand your point.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Xisnin(m): 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2019
OgboAto:

Ode folks.
I already indicated it was a joke. What is with the anger. You both hold too much toxic energy within. Are you doing well in real life? Are you OK? Is everything alright with you both?
Yeah, it was a joke(what isn't) to and your fellow insensitive jerks.
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Xisnin(m): 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2019
Okoroawusa:
I have never asked a female student sex for marks... but you all come here n talk like lecturers are not the victims too!

Some girls would do all n I mean all they can just to sleep with a lecturer or have one as a boyfriend simply because they find him attractive n these girls r not the dullard types or doing for marks. Some of my colleagues are married to their former students. Is that victimization too?

Am not holding briefs for any lecturer but if you sack them here these lecturers end being employed by countries that have BBC n CNN.

I think I will install a secret camera so that parents will see what that thier "good girl" does when she when she stays half of the semester running around town only comes when exam timetable is out. Some girls will be bold to tell a lecturer," Sir, this your paper I know I will not write well but consider me o!"

Like I said am not holding brief for anyone but it takes two to tango
Does it take two to tango when SARS extort and abuse innocent people?
You know how some Nigerians like to bribe the police when they are guilty.
We all know how some Nigerians harass police with money instead of facing full justice.
Imagine the suffering that the victims who happen to be policemen go through while increasing
their bank balance rather than do their job.

It is an embarrassment that you are a lecturer in any of our institutions.
If you must defend your fellow randy lecturer at least you should be able
to use coherent logic and not deflection meant for poor thinkers.

1 Like

Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Xisnin(m): 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
Redman44:

@ TempleHouse, you don't know me, do you? How did I celebrate the lecturer in question? You are the one that is uncouth and very unreasonable with your comment. Where did I try to obstruct judgement in this matter? Did you read my comment properly? Are you saying lecturers who have been caught awarding Sex for Marks in Nigerian Universities are not being punished by the Senate and Courts? Nairaland is a forum for people to air their views on different issues. You don't have to agree with what I have said, but you are very daft for saying I abuse innocent girls on Nigerian Campuses. People like you always think they are intelligent while they are just ignorant in the true instance. I always stand for justice but I am also a realist who knows the ways of the western world.

You would rather the pedophile's evil deed be covered up.

It is not that I am surprised that we have characters like yourself roaming our campuses
and reigning terror on innocent students, it is just strange that you had the strength to
defend this ignoble scumbag.

Even if he is your father, uncle or colleague, don't you have a moral compass to tell you
what is right or wrong.

SMH.

1 Like

Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Okoroawusa: 7:44pm On Oct 07, 2019
Xisnin:

We all know how some Nigerians harass police with money instead of facing full justice.
Imagine the suffering that the victims who happen to be policemen go through while increasing

I can see that you didn't read my comment
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Okoroawusa: 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2019
Xisnin:

You didn't read my post
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Gerrard59(m): 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2019
Martinez39:

Without feminism, this would not have been possible. I'm against extreme feminism but upon seeing this video (I just watched the full documentary), I understand their "extremism" and would support women's rights where possible.

I guess I've been viewing feminism from a western point of view.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Nature8(m): 8:55pm On Oct 07, 2019
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Martinez39(m): 9:00pm On Oct 07, 2019
Gerrard59:

Without feminism, this would not have been possible. I'm against extreme feminism but upon seeing this video (I just watched the full documentary), I understand their "extremism" and would support women's rights where possible.

I guess I've been viewing feminism from a western point of view.
Okay.
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by maasoap(m): 11:38pm On Oct 07, 2019
The video had been taken down from the YouTube, I had to go and watch it on the BBC page. It was really disgusting and disturbing!
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by ImaIma1(f): 12:10am On Oct 08, 2019
Wantedmiller:
And they won't expose our Criminal politicians

Focus!! This is about a criminal lecturer. When a thread about criminal politicians is opened, we will deal with that there
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by OkCornel(m): 12:50am On Oct 08, 2019
Full documentary is here...

Food don land;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we-F0Gi0Lqs&feature=youtu.be
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by 9jaRealist: 2:13am On Oct 08, 2019
OgboAto:
Ode folks.

My bad, missed that... cool
>
Re: Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) by Viktorino: 3:38am On Oct 08, 2019
Useless bastard lecturer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? / Guy Spends Almost A Year Gluing 42,000 Matches To Make A Giant Sphere / Meet Joy Jegede, The Youngest Lawyer In Africa, Her Age (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.