Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east (3413 Views)

Wike To Approach Amaechi On Completion Of Airport In Port Harcourt / Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years / Residents Chase David Mark's Contractor Handling Road Projects Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by chyz(m): 5:44am On Nov 05, 2010
[size=18pt]Jonathan orders early completion of road projects in S-East[/size]

News Nov 5, 2010

By Anayo Okoli

Umuahia—PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has given a directive that all road projects being executed  in the South East, particularly the Onitsha-Owerri  and Enugu-Onitsha expressways, be completed without further delay.

Mr. Bernard Otti, the Vice Chairman, Presidential Project Assessment Committee, PPAC, disclosed this when he led a delegation of the committee to the South East zone to assess the level of work on the projects.

Speaking at various projects sites visited in the zone, Otti said the president also directed that palliative measures be made in some of the roads to alleviate the problem of the users and allow free movement of vehicle during the Christmas and New Year celebrations.

Meanwhile, Area Manager of Consolidated Construction Company, CCC, Nigeria Limited, Engr. Hisham Gosayni, and his Project Manager, Engr. Youssef Zghaid, have absorbed their company of any blame for the delay in completing the three major road projects being handled by the company in Anambra State.

They rather attributed the delay to lack of funds, insecurity and inability of the Federal Ministry of Works and Transport to approve applications for supplementary budgets necessitated by variation of contract sums.

The roads are the busy Onitsha-Owerri Road Phase 1 which has Nkpor / Obosi bypass as part of it, Onitsha-Enugu Express way, and the Oba-Nnewi-Uga Road Phase 1.

Gosayni, who defended the company while answering questions from members of PPAC, at the project sites, said contrary to peoples opinion, the company had not unduly delayed the jobs after being paid the contract sums.

According to him, his company would have completed the 47 kilometer Onitsha-Owerri road Phase 1 and the Obosi-Nkpor bypass attached to it that was originally meant to last for two years but for lack of funds from the government to execute the projects.

“This is a N25 billion contract that we are supposed to be getting the budget of N12 billion every year but regrettably in 2006, we got N1.5 million only and in 2007,  N24 billion, the remaining total value of work after 2009 budget is N7.2 billion to be divided into 2010 and 2011 budget,” he noted.

He disclosed that the total sum allocated to the projects in 2010 budgets was N2.4 billion, an amount he said would be exhausted before Christmas, making it impossible to complete the remaining work before August 27,  2011, the new extension period for the project.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/jonathan-orders-early-completion-of-road-projects-in-s-east/
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by marocguy(m): 2:25pm On Nov 05, 2010
Am i expectd to believe dat? Dat CCC company is d biggest fraud set up i hav eva seen. They hired everythn they r workn with yet they are d ones being awarded all d cutting and patching of almost all federal roads in south east. Frm enugu/portharcourt to enugu onitcha to onitcha owerri road. Only onitcha owerri road is being reconstructed, d rest are cut and patch,yet they keep blocking those roads 4 weeks as if they are working. They are as slow as snail at work.
Wonder hw they got all dat cut n patch work amountn to billions. What happened to julius berger,setraco,arab contractors? Oh they either lost at d competitive free n fair contract bidding thru due process or they dont do cut n patch work.
WHO D HELL DOES GEJ THINK HE'S DECEIVING Pls dont insult us sir!
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by marocguy(m): 2:27pm On Nov 05, 2010
Am i expectd to believe dat? Dat CCC company is d biggest fraud set up i hav eva seen. They hired everythn they r workn with yet they are d ones being awarded all d cutting and patching of almost all federal roads in south east. Frm enugu/portharcourt to enugu onitcha to onitcha owerri road. Only onitcha owerri road is being reconstructed, d rest are cut and patch,yet they keep blocking those roads 4 weeks as if they are working. They are as slow as snail at work.
Wonder hw they got all dat cut n patch work amountn to billions. What happened to julius berger,setraco,arab contractors? Oh they either lost at d competitive free n fair contract bidding thru due process or they dont do cut n patch work.
WHO D HELL DOES GEJ THINK HE'S DECEIVING Pls dont insult us sir!
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by Panzastrip(m): 2:29pm On Nov 05, 2010
Thank u Jonathan
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by 1025: 2:44pm On Nov 05, 2010
this jonathan self. orders early completion of road projects in S east? when he took over as president, he declared emergency in the power sector and that emergency is joining eternity. very soon, he will order a free and fair election.
all talks and no action.
well, what can disabled nigerians do?
enjoy urself joe but remember, u will end up accounting for the lives of over 150 million nigerians suffering and dying on daily basis.
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by aljharem(m): 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2010
1025:

this jonathan self. orders early completion of road projects in S east? when he took over as president, he declared emergency in the power sector and that emergency is joining eternity. very soon, he will order a free and fair election.
all talks and no action.

well, what can disabled nigerians do?
enjoy urself joe but remember, u will end up accounting for the lives of over 150 million nigerians suffering and dying on daily basis.
GBAM
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by jason12345: 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2010
if this is true, the,, nice one GJ wink
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by mrinfo(m): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2010
Dat one na political gibberish
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by slap1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2010
To talk or not to talk is not the question. To do or not to do is. And the order should be extended to other zones, not just the SE.
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by juman(m): 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2010
Goverment need to be saying something like this so that people will see them as performing goverment.
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by naijaking1: 6:23pm On Nov 05, 2010
chyz:

[size=18pt]Jonathan orders early completion of road projects in S-East[/size]

News Nov 5, 2010

By Anayo Okoli
Meanwhile, Area Manager of Consolidated Construction Company, CCC, Nigeria Limited, Engr. Hisham Gosayni, and his Project Manager, Engr. Youssef Zghaid, have absorbed their company of any blame for the delay in completing the three major road projects being handled by the company in Anambra State.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/jonathan-orders-early-completion-of-road-projects-in-s-east/

I could have said this was a typo., until I read and heard same mistake from other sources. Haba, Mr. journalist!
The engineer absolved his company of blames, not absorded his company of blames.
So much for writing English words as they sound in Igbo language.
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by Dede1(m): 6:36pm On Nov 05, 2010
Politics of a delinquent debtor and a pan-handler.
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by mbulela: 8:58pm On Nov 05, 2010
naijaking1:

I could have said this was a typo., until I read and heard same mistake from other sources. Haba, Mr. journalist!
The engineer absolved his company of blames, not absorded his company of blames.
don't tell me you have joined the ethnic jingoists train?
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by marcus1234: 9:00pm On Nov 05, 2010
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by Eziachi: 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2010
Panzastrip:

Thank u Jonathan

No need to thank him, it your money, your taxes, not from his pocket or his generosity.
Just doing a job he is handsomely paid to do.
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by andyanders: 10:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
THAT MONEY IS MEANT FOR POLITICS AND NOT ROAD. NA SOSO TALK TALK GOVERNMENT SABI FOR NIGERIA. JUST LIKE MONEY VOTED FOR NATIONAL ID CARD WENT INTO PDP POCKET. THIS ONE IS ANOTHER PLAN BY PDP TO STEAL MONEY AGAIN. WHY MUST IT BE TOWARDS ELECTION PERIOD, THEY START AWARDING CONTRACTS?
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by IchieStan: 10:27pm On Nov 05, 2010
please let something be done on those roads urgently!!!  I'm just coming back from Onitsha now and it was a near death experience.  If something is not done now, I mean now, then let everybody be ready for the blood that will definitely gush this Christmas period.  God save  us cry cry cry
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by naijaking1: 10:36pm On Nov 05, 2010
mbulela:

don't tell me you have joined the ethnic jingoists train?

Can you tell me what is ethnicaly jingoitic about correcting a loosely and often incorrectly used English word
Just keep following me around, you hear cheesy
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by MShittu: 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2010
Lets hope it gets done and allow people in the South East to comment on whatever progress is being made with the roads.
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by becomrich4: 11:04pm On Nov 05, 2010
So jonathan is only intested in the south east road. which is alreay over good.So jonathan does not want to do anything for yoruba people. And he want vote. i can see why he has problem. he is the one creating problem for himself.
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by Intrepid1(m): 12:06am On Nov 06, 2010
Story, All na wash-wash for the elections. Make we dey look!
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by naijaking1: 12:12am On Nov 06, 2010
Intrepid!:

Story, All na wash-wash for the elections. Make we dey look!

Agree 100%
The best solution is to have people in different areas of the country build and maitain roads as they need. This idea of federalizing every major road in this country is simply bureacracy gone wild. It's never going to work.
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by hugooh42(m): 1:09am On Nov 06, 2010
GEJ should be commended for speaking out on the slow spate of work on Eastern roads.The bulk of the blame goes to OBJ. He awarded the contract to an incompetent company which his Eastern political thug has an interest in ,in the person of infamous Chris Uba.Now a contract of 25billion naira to be completed in two years,and 12 billion naira to be released each year but the first year OBJ released just 1.5 billion .Tell why the project will not drag.And come to think of it, it's just a 47 kilometer road dualization project.(Onitsha Owerri road).Coming to 2010  budget LATE Yaradua  allocated paltry 2.5 billion to the project now the road has dragged on for five years by next year.You can see the level of insincerity and marginalization the South east has been subjected to these years.I only hope and pray that GEJ will match his words with action.
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by mensdept: 3:48am On Nov 06, 2010
Wow, so Igbo man chief of army staff, well lets back track, GEJ is Azikiwe, Igbo, and within 4 months GBAM-Enugu Airport internationalized, Roads in SE must be completed, and Anambara state the brain box of the nation eh?

Surprising what being a president and trying to contest for president can do. But all those responsible for airport extension and road completion are saying the same thing, that money earmarked for the projects were either not enough, have not been fully released, or gona be released in increments (i.e. 2011 and so)

Stand to be corrected
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by chyz(m): 3:54am On Nov 06, 2010
mens dept:

Wow, so Igbo man chief of army staff, well lets back track, GEJ is Azikiwe, Igbo, and within 4 months GBAM-Enugu Airport internationalized, Roads in SE must be completed, and Anambara state the brain box of the nation eh?

Surprising what being a president and trying to contest for president can do. But all those responsible for airport extension and road completion are saying the same thing, that money earmarked for the projects were either not enough, have not been fully released, or gona be released in increments (i.e. 2011 and so)

Stand to be corrected

In due time.
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by slap1(m): 4:24am On Nov 06, 2010
naijaking1:

You need not imply that the Igbo are the only people that makes this mistake.
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by naijaking1: 5:55am On Nov 06, 2010
slap1:

You need not imply that the Igbo are the only people that makes this mistake.

I know Igbo better than any other language, so I speak from experience.
Surprised the author is also Igbo
I'm very proud to be Igbo, but we should all be reflective of our own idiosnycracies.
Every language has its own: Yorubas always miss the first "H" in a word, so House becomes "awsu", Italians would always say" I saw him, and I says", while the Ethiopians would always misplace their "s" tests becomes testis, etc.
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by nastydamus(m): 6:42am On Nov 06, 2010
Since he (GEJ) appears to be in high spirits right now, he should also instruct the various contractors handling the zuba-lokoja dualization project to expedite operations and save more lives. I was on that road on the 23rd of December, 2009 and it was so pathetic that motorists coming from Lokoja had no lanes to ply as motorists in the opposite directions had formed at least five lanes on that single track, bringing movement to a grinding halt.
Abeg o, Christmas don dey near again. angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by excanny: 7:57am On Nov 06, 2010
Jonathan should go and sit down. What does he take Ndigbo for? His political toys?
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by chyz(m): 8:05am On Nov 06, 2010
excanny:

Jonathan should go and sit down. What does he take Ndigbo for? His political toys?

True, it would have been convincing had he said all expressway projects in the country be completed without further delay or else. . . . .
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 07, 2010
chyz:

True, it would have been convincing had he said all expressway projects in the country be completed without further delay or else. . . . .
Abi oooo. This is the new nigeria everyone comes sits, and eats cool
Re: Jonathan Orders Early Completion Of Road Projects In S-east by hercules07: 5:59pm On Nov 07, 2010
All these billions they are quoting in the papers, na so road dey that expensive to do? I believe these roads existed, it is just to give them a new cover. One question that bothers me about our roads in naija is why dont we mix the bitumen with granite like they do in England?

(1) (2) (Reply)

GEJ On The Inflation Rate And The Economy / Anambra Commences N50bn Trade Centre Construction / IMOLITES, What Are The Crimes Of Gov Rochas? (an Open Letter To Imolites)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.