Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu (1973 Views)

Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu / Judge Sends Inibehe Effiong To Prison For Defending Leo Ekpenyong / British Govt Evades THISDAY Enquiry On Fresh Passport Issued To Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu by Inteltower: 9:22pm On Oct 07, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:
Hmmm...and I thought Biafra as a topic is banned on this forum. Why are the mods not effecting the ban?

Mr Nigeria talk about Nigeria unity please ..
I want to listen to the fairy tale

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu by Inteltower: 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:
Hmmm...and I thought Biafra as a topic is banned on this forum. Why are the mods not effecting the ban?

shut the hell up..

no let's discuss about buhari and tacha

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu by CyynthiaKiss(f): 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2019
immhotep:

Why are you evading the issue?

He's a clown

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu by IGBOSON1: 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2019
MetaPhysical:
This jnr has no shame. Look at the way they referenced him in the article.

Son of Dim Ojukwu's deputy!

How about address him as son of former Leader of Biafra, Phillip Effiong?

Was his father not the Leader of Biafra after gbrugbru fled?

He should contest that reference first before worrying on whor or not is incluaive in Biafra.

This one is already looking for ways to divide the Eastern Region!

I hope you know the report is from Daily Post and not IPOB!?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu by gidgiddy: 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:

Maybe its because it's a free world were you dont ban people for speaking their mind, especially when it has to do with the internationally recognized right of self determination

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu by Ekpeitit(m): 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:
The son of late Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu’s second-in-command during the 1967 civil war in Nigeria, Philip Effiong Jr., has faulted the approach adopted by Nnamdi Kanu and the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in the renewed agitation for an Independent Biafra state.

According to him, the Biafra agitators unwittingly bought into the propaganda sold by those opposed to Biafra by making their agitations seem like an Igbo affair.

He said the Biafra agitators from the South east were not carrying along the minorities, who also participated and made sacrifices during the civil war.

Effiong Jr. said this during an interview with Hassan Arouni of BBC’s Focus on Africa.

He said: “I think there is something fundamentally wrong with their (IPOB) approach which is the fact that they have made it an Igbo problem.

“They bought into the propaganda that the enemy tried to sell and that propaganda is ‘the Igbo people are out to take over Nigeria and dominate the minorities that around them. They are evil people and they try to disunite us.’ For people (IPOB) to make it as an Igbo problem buys into that propaganda.

“Of course, minorities were extremely involved, died, suffered, and played major roles.”

On his memories of the Biafra civil war, Effiong Jr. said: “I remember the plane bombing; that is one thing that stands out. I remember the planes bombing and one having to run away from them.

“Enugu was shelled. I remember I was playing with my brothers with thought it was thunder at first. Then we realized shells were landing and the movements were just constant. I think we must have lived in at least five different cities during the war.

“Most of the outside world did not have an inkling of what was happening inside Biafra. Some did. And you have got to give credit to places like Ireland; the church made that possible. You know the Catholic Church has had a long philanthropic tradition and that helped spread the word.”

On whether, Nigeria learnt any lesson from the civil war, he said: “Nigeria and Nigerians have not learnt their lessons from the Biafra war.

“We are perhaps more divided that we ever where. First of all the war wasn’t about unity but it even divided us more. Even today, people can’t really talk about having friends from other ethnic groups.

“When you look at elections for instance or the fact that went and lived in a different state; there would be restrictions in the kind of positions I could hold. You find out that the concept of unity has not actually been realized.”

https://dailypost.ng/2017/07/08/biafra-nnamdi-kanu-not-getting-right-philip-effiong-video/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook
Re: Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu by Ekpeitit(m): 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2019
I'm surprised the Igbos did not address him as the son of the leader of Biafra, after all his father was the Leader of BIAFRA after the Ugly Ojukwu ran away just like Nnamdi Kanu ran away.
Igbos are cowards who don't have the balls to do their Biafra on their own.
This Effiong idiot is just looking for food to eat,if they bring that Biafra nonsense to Akwa Ibom we will deal with them decisively.
Biafra has always been an Igbo thing,they just can't do it on their own ,that's why they try to drag us into it all the time.
COWARDS.
Re: Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 07, 2019
Ekpeitit:
[s]I'm surprised the Igbos did not address him as the son of the leader of Biafra, after all his father was the Leader of BIAFRA after the Ugly Ojukwu ran away just like Nnamdi Kanu ran away.
This Effiong idiot is just looking for food to eat,if they bring that Biafra nonsense to Akwa Ibom we will deal with them decisively.
Biafra has always been an Igbo thing,they just can't do it on their own ,that's why they try to drag us into it all the time.
COWARDS[/s].
Re: Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu by Ekpeitit(m): 10:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:
The son of late Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu’s second-in-command during the 1967 civil war in Nigeria, Philip Effiong Jr., has faulted the approach adopted by Nnamdi Kanu and the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in the renewed agitation for an Independent Biafra state.

According to him, the Biafra agitators unwittingly bought into the propaganda sold by those opposed to Biafra by making their agitations seem like an Igbo affair.

He said the Biafra agitators from the South east were not carrying along the minorities, who also participated and made sacrifices during the civil war.

Effiong Jr. said this during an interview with Hassan Arouni of BBC’s Focus on Africa.

He said: “I think there is something fundamentally wrong with their (IPOB) approach which is the fact that they have made it an Igbo problem.

“They bought into the propaganda that the enemy tried to sell and that propaganda is ‘the Igbo people are out to take over Nigeria and dominate the minorities that around them. They are evil people and they try to disunite us.’ For people (IPOB) to make it as an Igbo problem buys into that propaganda.

“Of course, minorities were extremely involved, died, suffered, and played major roles.”

On his memories of the Biafra civil war, Effiong Jr. said: “I remember the plane bombing; that is one thing that stands out. I remember the planes bombing and one having to run away from them.

“Enugu was shelled. I remember I was playing with my brothers with thought it was thunder at first. Then we realized shells were landing and the movements were just constant. I think we must have lived in at least five different cities during the war.

“Most of the outside world did not have an inkling of what was happening inside Biafra. Some did. And you have got to give credit to places like Ireland; the church made that possible. You know the Catholic Church has had a long philanthropic tradition and that helped spread the word.”

On whether, Nigeria learnt any lesson from the civil war, he said: “Nigeria and Nigerians have not learnt their lessons from the Biafra war.

“We are perhaps more divided that we ever where. First of all the war wasn’t about unity but it even divided us more. Even today, people can’t really talk about having friends from other ethnic groups.

“When you look at elections for instance or the fact that went and lived in a different state; there would be restrictions in the kind of positions I could hold. You find out that the concept of unity has not actually been realized.”

https://dailypost.ng/2017/07/08/biafra-nnamdi-kanu-not-getting-right-philip-effiong-video/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook
Re: Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu by Ekpeitit(m): 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
My question is WHY DO IGBO LEADERS ALWAYS RUN AWAY AFTER GETTING THEIR PEOPLE KILLED?
LOOK at the Hausa leaders,they stay and fight to death.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
OJUKWU RAN AWAY.
NNAMDI KANU RAN AWAY.
Are you sure you guys are not cowards?
Re: Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu by Igboid: 11:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
Biafra is strictly an Igbo/Igboid affair.

Let everyone else bear their surnames Biko.

NK and IPOB would soon become relics, if they don't bend to Igbo nationalism.
Re: Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu by CyynthiaKiss(f): 11:53pm On Oct 07, 2019
Ekpeitit:
[s]I'm surprised the Igbos did not address him as the son of the leader of Biafra, after all his father was the Leader of BIAFRA after the Ugly Ojukwu ran away just like Nnamdi Kanu ran away.
COWARDS.[/s]

Re: Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu by Emyogalanya: 10:31am On Oct 08, 2019
Xisnin:

There are many people who at one time or another "support" Biafra e.g Asari and Edwin Clark but most of you are too blind to ask them
what they really support.
oh men see Diversion bro this road you took will lead you out of this thread pls Reverse and come back to the issues
Re: Biafra: Don't Make Biafran Agitation Only An Igbo Affairs .Dr Effiong To Kanu by Emyogalanya: 10:42am On Oct 08, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:
Because reality has set in

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! / “Any Igbo Man In The Law Enforcement Agencies Fighting Against IPOB Is A Fool”. / Akeredolu, Oshiomhole, Others Attend Yahaya Bello's Swearing-in Ceremony (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.