Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,822 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Worship In Abuja - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worship In Abuja (996 Views)

PHOTO: Angel Appear During Worship In Redeemedchurch / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Worship In Abuja by mayrho(m): 11:32am On Nov 05, 2010
I don't aw it is elsewhere but I av live in the south west of Nigeria all my life and I enjoy praise worship alot i recently relocated to Abuja and its like no church at least no of the ones I av attended sing or worship with Indigenous Nigerian songs why is this they just come to church and mime some CD and half of the church myself inclusive just struggle to follow with the projector.
Its nice to av a foreign songs but why would any church just not sing naija songs.
It makes service boring and stereotypical.
Also wud love to know if there any churches where they sing indigenous songs i need to feel worship.
Re: Worship In Abuja by Joagbaje(m): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2010
@Mayrho
mayrho:

why is this they just come to church and mime some CD and half of the church myself inclusive just struggle to follow with the projector.

If you have a question or need help, just ask, period! Avoid criticising the church. You don't know why the spirit of God leads them to do what they do.

Its nice to av a foreign songs but why would any church just not sing naija songs.
It makes service boring and stereotypical.

It does happen , it doesn't mean that something is wrong with the churches , but the truth is that you are the one that has a challenge of adaptation. But it's not a condemnation. Someone from deeper life going to winners will feel out of place as well. We have 2 option . Either to condition your mind and adapt to enjoy it or find somewhere else. But it's not really a spiritual movement but a fleshly one . But you have freedom to follow your heart.
its like no church at least no of the ones I av attended sing or worship with Indigenous Nigerian songs

Also wud love to know if there any churches where they sing indigenous songs[b] i need to feel worship[/b].
Feel worship, worship is of the heart o. We can worship with cd, tape . It's not an issue
What do you really mean by indigenous song? Is it songs. Like:

Satan fall down for gutter eh
Mach am. Mach am
E fall down for gutter
Mash am mash am grin

Or native song? Which culture . Ibo , Yoruba or Ekiti.

If it's yoruba. Winner chapel does a lot of mukeeke.

(1) (Reply)

Fellowship Of The God's Kind - Pastor Chris / The Blessing Of Satan / How To Forgive And Forget For Good.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.