Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University (26200 Views)

Falling Oil Price: Fayemi Says States May Get Zero FAAC Allocations In June / Amotekun: Fayemi Says South-West Has No Plans To Secede / Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by Truthbites: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2019
They must deal with these lecturers with Randy waist
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by danielistics(m): 10:27am On Oct 08, 2019
that's why you ordered your guards to shoot at unarmed students right?
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by nogragra: 10:27am On Oct 08, 2019
GistMore3:
Bisi Fayemi, wife of the Governor of Ekiti State Kayode Fayemi, has narrated how she was sexually harassed in the University, in reaction to BBC's hour long #sexforgrade documentary which exposed randy lecturers in some Universities in Nigeria and Ghana.

Bisi said she was luckier than some of the victims because hers didn't go far, but she noted it was an unpleasant experience.

The Ekiti state First Lady who has already opened a register to name and shame sex offenders, stated that watching the video made her realize that it is time to speak up and speak out for sexual abuse victims and not silence them because the culture of silence has endured enough. She added that most lecturers feel they are entitled to the body of their female students.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/sexforgrades-i-was-sexually-harassed-in-the-university-governor-fayemis-wife-bisi
Now is the time to change this narrative for good. Sexual harassment is not new to Nigerian system with all these demon ricked lecturers messing up all this dull beautiful but no brain girls is just not acceptable. Not only is it unethical it is grossly immoral. It actually defeat the essence of university education in the first place i.e. to imbue discipline and value system and inculcate an academic culture that is impeccable and intellectual. However this charades and uncouth culture has been long standing in Nigerian university to the disgust of many of us who pass through the system when it is even considered mild and uncommon. I think people need to be fired and blacklisted to send the message home to perpetrators.
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by symbianDON(m): 10:28am On Oct 08, 2019
bobrisky will soon claim he/she was also harassed in university

1 Like

Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by IamCharles123: 10:29am On Oct 08, 2019
philip0906:
Nonsense & yeyerity...

They are all coming out to tell us tales as usual. So if BBC did not do an expose, una for quiet? undecided

Will that stop sex for grades? Absolutely not! Sex for grades is trade by barter. Lazy girls who do not want to read and put the shift but want good grades and are ready to trade sex for Cs

We all went to school, we know and saw these things...We know how these things work.This is no news to us.

The only thing that will happen, is the lecturers will now be more covert & careful in their dealings.

But firstly, this semester & next will be bloody for students as the lecturers will be on a roll
Did u watch the video?
did any of the girls offer sex to the lecturer for mark?
Nigeria will never progress with people like you.
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by Stillthebest: 10:31am On Oct 08, 2019
kiss

Na only she Waka come? This is how she came out claiming that his cousin, neighbour and some other person harassed her when she was young, and almost got rape, during Busola Dakolo's case, but still trying hard to protect her feminism status by never admitting that anyone succeeded in "DOING" it.
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by capitalzero: 10:32am On Oct 08, 2019
paiz:
I heard the acronym STD now stands for Sexually Transmitted Degrees. Odiegwu

There is also bribery transmited degree(BTD). female female should get spy cameras. They are cheap in aliexpress. They shoud also speak out because I believe someone will help. if you speak, harassment and victimization will stop. be smart and face your study diligently. if you are not comfortable with your grades speak to someone-parents,guardians, real men of God.
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by ajl: 10:32am On Oct 08, 2019
philip0906:
Nonsense & yeyerity...

They are all coming out to tell us tales as usual. So if BBC did not do an expose, una for quiet? undecided

Will that stop sex for grades? Absolutely not! Sex for grades is trade by barter. Lazy girls who do not want to read and put the shift but want good grades and are ready to trade sex for Cs

We all went to school, we know and saw these things...We know how these things work.This is no news to us.

The only thing that will happen, is the lecturers will now be more covert & careful in their dealings.

But firstly, this semester & next will be bloody for students as the lecturers will be on a roll

Keep quiet. Like you're condoning evil. What is bad is bad. A society that trashes its women can never make progress. Nigerians are bringing too more curse on themselves and the society.
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by capitalzero: 10:32am On Oct 08, 2019
IamCharles123:
Did u watch the video? did any of the girls offer sex to the lecturer for mark? Nigeria will never progress with people like you.
I tell you

1 Like

Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by emfem(m): 10:34am On Oct 08, 2019
Bisi Fayemi is an hypocrite, she is talking of sexual harassment forgetting the University students she deliberately killed at Oye Ekiti during her visit, May God punish her and her entire generation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 08, 2019
philip0906:

My point is simple...sex for grades is trade by barter. Meaning there is a demand & supply. Girls who do not want to read their books but want to just lazy around, frolic and gallivant from club to club, man to man (which in itself is not bad), but at the expense of your books, become vulnerable to these crooked and perverted lecturers. That's what I meant.

Sex for grades is not a case of coercion or rape, else it would be a different conversation entirely.

In school, we had female students who were the ones chasing lecturers and been all over them, in their offices calling them etc. You have tons of girls in unis who are into runs, do you think a runs girl will find it difficult to open her legs for a lecturer for a C grade? We all saw these things in school now, that's exactly what I meant.

That one na standard nau, I am looking at the ones, that threaten to fail students unless they sleep with them.
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by wellmax(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2019
philip0906:
Nonsense & yeyerity...

You are the one that should be quiet.
The whole essence of the documentary is to make more and more women have the boldness to come out and speak out.
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 08, 2019
Coza, Coza, Gunshot in the air...
Nigeria Jaga, Jaga, everything scatter scatter..
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by philip0906(m): 10:40am On Oct 08, 2019
IamCharles123:

Did u watch the video?
did any of the girls offer sex to the lecturer for mark?
Nigeria will never progress with people like you.
Stop been overly emotional & hypocritical, like you didn't go to a Nigerian uni...

Randy & perverted lecturers will always be in these institutions...It is up to you, to put them in their place and do so by reading your books and knocking off grades...These lecturers are not complete idiots, they know their target victims. Girls who are vulnerable, who want favors (atleast as depicted in the video) are those they aim for.

No lecturer will harass a girl, that knows her onion, knocks off her grades, dusts exams, puts the shift and doesn't go to them to ask for favors.

The point of my post is, there are girls who readily and willingly offer sex for grades...If lecturer shoot him shot, e no work, the only way to silence him is to pass your papers

1 Like

Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by Le2money(m): 10:44am On Oct 08, 2019
GistMore3:
Bisi Fayemi, wife of the Governor of Ekiti State Kayode Fayemi, has narrated how she was sexually harassed in the University, in reaction to BBC's hour long #sexforgrade documentary which exposed randy lecturers in some Universities in Nigeria and Ghana.

Bisi said she was luckier than some of the victims because hers didn't go far, but she noted it was an unpleasant experience.

The Ekiti state First Lady who has already opened a register to name and shame sex offenders, stated that watching the video made her realize that it is time to speak up and speak out for sexual abuse victims and not silence them because the culture of silence has endured enough. She added that most lecturers feel they are entitled to the body of their female students.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/sexforgrades-i-was-sexually-harassed-in-the-university-governor-fayemis-wife-bisi
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by Comedian2019: 10:46am On Oct 08, 2019
The way our corrupt government is raping daylight out of Nigerians ehn, no be small thing.

...now an alleged shameless murderer is spewing trash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by Samunique(m): 10:50am On Oct 08, 2019
makewetalk2:
you need sense

I think you need it more than I do, if you cannot understand what I wrote there.

I wasn't trying to exonerate those wicked lecturers from the heinous crime of defilement of our ladies.

But my point is, must it always take a foreign media to expose the evil in our societies before people start coming out to speak against it ?

Where was she since ?

What's she doing about it now as a governor's wife ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by vivalavida(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2019
When COZA own came out, u claimed u were nearly defiled as a baby

When #SexForGrades trended,u claimed u were nearly a victim

Abeg go and face your FUOYE wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by philip0906(m): 11:01am On Oct 08, 2019
ajl:

Keep quiet. Like you're condoning evil. What is bad is bad. A society that trashes its women can never make progress. Nigerians are bringing too more curse on themselves and the society.
Slow your roll dumbo...

No one is thrashing women. Stop making useless noise. Women in unis get better grades than men. Check out a majority of first class students, they are women. These are women who read their books and them no born any lecturer well, make e tell them rubbish. These lecturers prey on girls who want favors

The rot is both ways, girls who are ready to offer sex for grades willingly. You are probably a hypocrite to ignore that fact that majority of these sex for grades, is done willingly by both parties without any coercion involved whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by delvzy(m): 11:07am On Oct 08, 2019
She shouldn't come and be playing victims here .
The blood of innocent Oye students killed as a result of your negligence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by Cantonese: 11:10am On Oct 08, 2019
Samunique:
So where were you since ? undecided

Dem don start !!!

This is the time for different stories about sex from every angle in Nigeria now.

Las Las Buhari and Osinbajo go rest small from headlines and Nairaland.

Na lecturers dey receive the brunt now !!!

One day Nigeria go well Las las.

Very soon they may come and tell us how they were sexually harassed when they were young.
It can be like this:

President: When I was 15 and my father sent me to the army, my commandant was eyeing me. He threatened that if I did not comply he would deal with me. When I asked where will you put your thing he said show me your back first.

Vice: Me too in my boarding school. My teacher every night would ask me to come and see him in one corner. Now is the time to say everything since everybody is saying their own.
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by IamCharles123: 11:12am On Oct 08, 2019
philip0906:

Stop been overly emotional & hypocritical, like you didn't go to a Nigerian uni...

Randy & perverted lecturers will always be in these institutions...It is up to you, to put them in their place and do so by reading your books and knocking off grades...These lecturers are not complete idiots, they know their target victims. Girls who are vulnerable, who want favors (atleast as depicted in the video) are those they aim for.

No lecturer will harass a girl, that knows her onion, knocks off her grades, dusts exams, puts the shift and doesn't go to them to ask for favors.

The point of my post is, there are girls who readily and willingly offer sex for grades...If lecturer shoot him shot, e no work, the only way to silence him is to pass your papers
I repeat did u watch the video?
The girl played the role of a 17 yr old admission seeker, she wasn't even in the school yet, the pastor was only giving her orientation n telling her about the cold room.

The video countered you two point, the girl wasnt even in the school yet but the man was already luring her with sex for grade not minding if she's intelligent or not.

My sister graduated with 4.46, a was actually very intelligent, there was a lecturer that told her to come visit him but she refused.
My point is these lecturers dont care if you are intelligent or not.
Just pray you daughter is not a victim, you won't find it funny.
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by crazycrypto710: 11:29am On Oct 08, 2019
Sharrap and hold your peace, when it happened why didn’t you act immediately? I am not condoning any act of sexual harassment but why wait until someone comes with their stories or it to trend before you come out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by philip0906(m): 11:30am On Oct 08, 2019
IamCharles123:

I repeat did u watch the video?
The girl played the role of a 17 yr old admission seeker, she wasn't even in the school yet, the pastor was only giving her orientation n telling her about the cold room.

The video countered you two point, the girl wasnt even in the school yet but the man was already luring her with sex for grade not minding if she's intelligent or not.
The question is what is the girl asking or doing in the office of a lecturer when she is looking for admission? Is the lecturer the admission issuer? I am not blaming the girl or anything just pointing out that the randy lecturer felt the girl needs a favor and was ready to prey on her, simple! If you want to get admission, you apply, read your books, write exams, pass & get admission offer not meet a lecturer in his/her office for help. Does that exonerate the stupid lecturer? ofcourse not because they are bound by ethical and contractual documents which states that sex or money should not be gotten for grades.

My sister graduated with 4.46, a was actually very intelligent, there was a lecturer that told her to come visit him but she refused.
My point is these lecturers dont care if you are intelligent or not.
Just pray you daughter is not a victim, you won't find it funny.
Did that stop your sister from getting a good grade? Did your sister fall for his antics? why didn't he fail your sister? Most likely, your sister read hard like every other person and the randy lecturer had absolutely no option than to give her what was due to her.

My point is, it goes both ways.
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by stanliwise(m): 11:43am On Oct 08, 2019
philip0906:
Nonsense & yeyerity...

Your comment is just so empty and one sided view of things. So in School that lecturers don't ask for sex, you're trying to tell me it is because all stident are hardworking abi, or the school did not have wayward students abi?
Think wide next time ..
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by Charly68: 11:44am On Oct 08, 2019
This first lady will cause katakata instead of solving problem oo! When ladies go about with skimpy dresses tempting the young unfortunate lecturers what do we call that when they fall for their pranks?
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by Delaw00(m): 11:48am On Oct 08, 2019
O ga ooo
one thing must surely lead to another,i won't be amazed if this's gonna be the rythm of this week on nairaland....me self was sexually harassed by my gns101 lecturer back thencheesy.
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by philip0906(m): 11:54am On Oct 08, 2019
stanliwise:
Your comment is just so empty and one sided view of things. So in School that lecturers don't ask for sex, you're trying to tell me it is because all stident are hardworking abi, or the school did not have wayward students abi?
Think wide next time ..
Your comment makes no sense...Very incoherent

My post is simple...The only way to get good grades is simple, read your books. Anything short of that, you're at the mercy of lecturers. If a lecturer makes passes at you and you turn him down you're good with your books, you'll get your grades.

It's that simple
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by friendlyadvice: 11:56am On Oct 08, 2019
grin grandma your harasser is prolly dead from old age, so get a life
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by Beatswim: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2019
The one happening right under your nose in eksu faculty of science is worse.. Adefemi.

isotope.. Fagbuaro... Those guys are crook...male students pay their ways and female students pay wt their....
Re: Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University by stanliwise(m): 12:19pm On Oct 08, 2019
philip0906:

Your comment makes no sense...Very incoherent

My post is simple...The only way to get good grades is simple, read your books. Anything short of that, you're at the mercy of lecturers. If a lecturer makes passes at you and you turn him down you're good with your books, you'll get your grades.

It's that simple
So sad that your view is only limited to such poor angle. if that was the case then sexual molestation will be the order of the day because statistically speaking more 80% percent of Nigerian student had bad educational background and about 50% of students have lost passion for love of education and more than 70% find it difficult to comprehend simple concept and apply them to daily living.
so what is your point?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB Reacts To Report Of Nnamdi Kanu In Ghana / Ministerial List: A Mockery of Buhari's Anti-Corruption war - Yakassai / SGF: No One Can Travel Out For Treatment, Healthcare Must Be Taken Seriously

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.