Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,986 members, 7,821,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians (33422 Views)

Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root / Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up / Fikayo Tomori And Tammy Abraham Celebrate Nigeria's 59th Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by nwamabo247(m): 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2019
I pray england dont disapoint him in future. A cry for help dear nairalanders plz help me out in any way you can in this my destiny destroyer condition see my signature link thread for details .thanks
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Redman44(m): 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2019
Gareth Southgate is a different Coach though. He has a different mentality and approach to football as England's Manager. He doesn't mind if you are black or white. Once you're playing well, he will give you opportunities to shine for England. The English FA is also trying to emulate Germany and France in giving footballers with immigrant backgrounds a chance to get the much desired FIFA World Cup title for the Country. The era of fielding white English players irrespective of their form is gradually coming to an end. Cheers.
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by greypencils: 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2019
superlanny:
It will also be hard to seat down on the bench, don't worry, you think this white guys love you, na that abraham I pity pass, no worry, everything go soon clear for all to see.
For him mind, im go bench Alexander Arnold
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by OdenKelechi(m): 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
I don't care. Not like he was going to help the Nigerian team. It would've still been the same shit results. Enjoy the bench tho grin
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by notoriousbabe: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2019
[quote author=wiseone28 post=82950875][/quote]get out
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by ebilomaofficial1: 1:50pm On Oct 08, 2019
Look at this annima
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Samakus(m): 1:51pm On Oct 08, 2019
Did the 3 Lions remember him then? Don't just talk for the sake of it. Think! Boy! Think!

He will enjoy bench once Rudiger returns to full fitness and that's the end of his England journey for him. With Nigeria and the bang average defenders we have, he can cement his place in the eagles even if his club playing time diminishes. He's sure better than Omeruo and that our slow Akwa Ibom captain

ednut1:
While at derby he was the best player. No nigerian remembered him. You can't reap where you no sow.
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by ruggedtimi(m): 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2019
dele alli already feeling the hit, omo nigeria has lost 4players to england. Dele alli, Fikayo tomori, Tammy and ross barkley. Arsenal's baka better use him head
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by lloyds(m): 2:16pm On Oct 08, 2019
TUANKU:
This one won't even get 6 England caps. Bang average.

He is bang average now because he turned you down abi. .
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by neutrotoba(m): 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2019
Carry on my guy. You owe Nigeria nothing, not even an explanation

The only thing Nigeria ever gave you was a father
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Emmasnoop(m): 2:18pm On Oct 08, 2019
Who Nigeria help?
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by BabaO2: 2:25pm On Oct 08, 2019
But why is England always puncturing Nigeria's success?
Why are they always out to destroy Nigeria?
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Cocolatti(m): 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2019
Don't worry Fikayo, when England is done with you the experience will be hard to swallow
grin grin grin
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by onadana: 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2019
superlanny:
It will also be hard to seat down on the bench, don't worry, you think this white guys love you, na that abraham I pity pass, no worry, everything go soon clear for all to see.

How is it ever possible,... Abraham will bench Harry cane.Its inconceivable. cry
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Jaqenhghar: 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2019
superlanny:
Na Niggerians love them shey
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by ojsmscom(m): 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2019
good decision bro... Don't dream of coming down here..the politicians have messed here up.even the politicians are not proud of the country they govern.then who are we...thumbs up guy
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Jaqenhghar: 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2019
madridsta007:

We need new Agbolanhor and new Shola Ameobi examples, Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola "Fikayo" Tomori.

You have done well.
In some years' time, people will use you and Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham as examples of how not to be a servant to Massa, as a warning to young ones. From this warnings, Nigeria will get new Iwobis and Baloguns.

It is a win-win.
I dont see whats massa there. The problem with you people is you thibk the world owes you something. Im sure the likes of Iwobi will eventually regret ( if they are not already) committing to that dump
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Jaqenhghar: 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2019
BabaO2:
But why is England always puncturing Nigeria's success?
Why are they always out to destroy Nigeria?
What success?
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by RTSC: 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2019
He should have just shut up.
Telling us this nonsense is more infuriating.

Don't worry when England turns you to dele alli, your family go follow you wail.

Mercenary.
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by RTSC: 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

I dont see whats massa there. The problem with you people is you thibk the world owes you something. Im sure the likes of Iwobi will eventually regret ( if they are not already) committing to that dump
Go and ask dele alli if he is not regretting now.
How many players that played for Nigeria have regretted compared to the long line of Nigerian players used and dumped by England.?

Incase, you don't know, England is not Germany or Brazil.
Nigeria has won more international trophies than them.

1 Like

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Minjim: 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2019
What w should be angry about is " why didn't our coach call any of them? "
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Minjim: 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2019
RTSC:

How many players that played for Nigeria have regretted compared to the long line of Nigerian players used and dumped by England.?

But why didn't out NFF call them first? We ought to be more eager to have them than England.
Now, the excuse they'll all give is that England called first
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by RTSC: 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2019
Minjim:

But why didn't out NFF call them first? We ought to be more eager to have them than England.
Now, the excuse they'll all give is that England called first
That is the only issue I see here.

NFF fuccked up.
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Jaqenhghar: 3:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
RTSC:

Is it by winning trophies? Dele Alli regretting. Who feeds your head with these delusions. The lukes of Yekini how did they end up? Even the Okocha and co are just hanging in there
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by King204(m): 3:45pm On Oct 08, 2019
So it's Easy to snub Naija...chai grin
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by senrino(m): 4:00pm On Oct 08, 2019
superlanny:

Baba! You make sense! Abraham Na him go suffer pass
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by RTSC: 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Is it by winning trophies? Dele Alli regretting. Who feeds your head with these delusions. The lukes of Yekini how did they end up? Even the Okocha and co are just hanging in there
Yekini is not a foreigner, though it is not an excuse.
His poverty had nothing to do with the national team.
He was poorly paid at the club level or probably didn't manage his income well.

Fashanu,agbonlahor, onuoha, ameobi and a host of others will never enjoy the international career that iwobi will enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by webngnews: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2019
hmmmmm
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Jaqenhghar: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2019
RTSC:

Yekini is not a foreigner, though it is not an excuse.
His poverty had nothing to do with the national team.
He was poorly paid at the club level or probably didn't manage his income well.

Fashanu,agbonlahor, onuoha, ameobi and a host of others will never enjoy the international career that iwobi will enjoy.
I said what is the benefit of playing for your shithole you are giving me epistles here. A country that sends athletes to tournaments without kits, no proper welfare na country be that? Even when the players decide to be patriotic and sponsor themselves how are they remembered or honoured? Give me an answer not all these feel good tales you tell yourselves
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by TempleHouse: 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2019
He will live to regret not playing for Nigeria.
Ask John and Justin Fashanu of how England used them for 10 minutes substitution on friendly matches and dump them.
Fikayo Tomori will remember when Banana is thrown on him while playing for England .
England team are meant for English (white) players and not black.

1 Like

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Mrexcell(m): 4:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
obembet:
Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori says he made the decision to commit his international future to England because it’s difficult to say no to the Three Lions when they come calling.

Despite representing Canada and later England at different youth level , the 21 year old was eligible for Nigeria and was even contacted by the coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr over the possibility of switching allegiance to Nigeria and in his response according to Rohr he asked for more time.

Tomori was thorn between playing for Nigeria, Canada or England but decided on England after he was called up by coach Gareth Southgate for their upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against Czech Republic and Bulgaria respectively.

Explaining his decision to accept the call up, Tomori said he was disappointed not to have been called up by any of the country during the last international break and this time around only England gave him a call up.

He said he spoke with his family and they all agreed on his choice of representing England insisting that he did consider playing for Nigeria where his father hails from.

‘The last international break I didn’t get a call-up from anyone. This international break, I was waiting for a call up and England called me up”, Tomori said.

‘It wasn’t England all the way. I had certain people and certain things that I had to consider.

‘I spoke to my family and people that I care about it and that’s the decision I came to.

‘When England came calling, it was difficult to say no.’

Source: https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/10/08/hard-to-turn-down-england-fikayo-tomori-tells-nigerians/

He has made his choice we all should respect it.

Meanwhile you can be earning over #2000 daily without any investments contact me now on WhatsApp for more details 0 9 0 5 8 8 4 6 8 4 9
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by TempleHouse: 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

I said what is the benefit of playing for your shithole you are giving me epistles here. A country that sends athletes to tournaments without kits, no proper welfare na country be that? Even when the players decide to be patriotic and sponsor themselves how are they remembered or honoured? Give me an answer not all these feel good tales you tell yourselves
You've got to look at the future prospects of a project before you embark on it.
Fikayo Tomori will never inspired anyone in England because they have more than enough.
Imagine many young Nigerian that will look up to him as an inspiration.
Nwakwo Kanu and Okocha played for Super Eagle
for more than 15 years and retired in their own terms but Tomori will never play for more than 3 years for England before they discover a better centre defender.
He will be an hero in Nigeria unlike in England where they'll throw Banana at him if he made a mistake which is not unexpected in football .
Kanu Nwakwo is free, respected and enjoying good patronage in Nigeria unlike his black counterpart who have played for England for 2 years and forgotten now.
I watched John Fashanu few weeks ago advising Tammy Abraham not to make the same mistakes he made 30 years ago.
England only use Black players and dumped them as soon as better white players are discovered.
I hope you're satisfied !

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Anthony Joshua Needs Sex To Become A Legend"-Two-time World Champ,Larry Holmes / Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.