Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades (21295 Views)

Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking / Babcock University Reacts To Sex Video Of Expelled Students That Leaked Online / List Of Lecturers Accused Of Sex-For-Grades Scandals (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by sinceraconcept(m): 4:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
Real recognizes real. Ghanaians no know pass sex before. So, they won't condemn such
Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by trilobite: 4:59pm On Oct 08, 2019
I cannot believe the the posts here!! So wait, you guys are all saying that it is until a man physically assaults a woman, that sexual assault has taken place?
To think the Ghanians would defend this just weakens me!!!!

A man in a position of power decides to use same to make a woman offer him her body, and a society defends him?
I don't pity the current generation, I pity our future generations!! Other criminals seeing this in Ghana will continue knowing fully well their country is solidly behind them.

I weep for the Ghanian women of tomorrow, future victims who will be forced to succumb to wickedness because their society celebrates it.

I weep.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by AmadorSays: 5:01pm On Oct 08, 2019
for crying out loud how can they even say this. is it until a lecturer rapes a student first before they will believe

3 Likes

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by sinceraconcept(m): 5:03pm On Oct 08, 2019
Iriruaga100:
Like I said in one thread, there is no real evidence against the prof from unilag.
you must be a rapist that have gotten away with rape several times

4 Likes

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by sinceraconcept(m): 5:03pm On Oct 08, 2019
Iriruaga100:
Like I said in one thread, there is no real evidence against the prof from unilag.
you must be a rapist that have gotten away with rape several times since there have never be solid evidences. That's how people like you talk

2 Likes

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by loswhite(m): 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
baby124:

I am not sure you watched the documentary
I watched video. The Ghana lecturers did have in appropriate conversation with the girls agreed but it doesn't amount to sex for marks or even sexual harassment. If the telecom company release all your private calls and chat messages can you say in all Honesty that you have never flirted or have in appropriate communications with ladies? If yes then you are one I. A million

1 Like

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by baby124: 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2019
loswhite:
I watched video. The Ghana lecturers did have in appropriate conversation with the girls agreed but it doesn't amount to sex for marks or even sexual harassment. If the telecom company release all your private calls and chat messages can you say in all Honesty that you have never flirted or have in appropriate communications with ladies? If yes then you are one I. A million
I am a woman please. They had inappropriate conversations with students and the other even though not a student seemed like she was interested in becoming one.

1 Like

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by loswhite(m): 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2019
baby124:

I am a woman please. They had inappropriate conversations with students and the other even though not a student seemed like she was interested in becoming one.
The unilag Dr and pastor failed woefully and his case is different from the Ghana lecturers that is what I meant. There is enough evidence against the pastor but you cannot say the same for the Ghana lecturers even though I understand the emotional sentiment towards such case
Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by princeade86(m): 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2019
Kokaine:
why didn't they pay a real student with matric number to do the job
that's d best thing to do

1 Like

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by baby124: 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2019
loswhite:
The unilag Dr and pastor failed woefully and his case is different from the Ghana lecturers that is what I meant. There is enough evidence against the pastor but you cannot say the same for the Ghana lecturers even though I understand the emotional sentiment towards such case
I am not being emotional here. The Ghanaian lecturer Bukotor or whatever gave the lady little or no choice to consider him as a side guy. The other one Gyampo Ransford immediately derailed and started talking about obscene things to someone that came for his assistance. That’s an absolute abuse of power.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by vaxx2: 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2019
baby124:
There was more than enough evidence. That school is a useless school. The mothers of girls in the school better protest and force the sack of the VC
How is the school that produce your former chief justice ( samuel onnoghen) a useless school?.well, I never knew we have underage girls at the university, what are you smoking? BBC has worst people than Gyampo( the academician) . Did u hear about Epstien saga? Princes, presidents, prime ministers and other elites in society were abusing underage girls because they are in position of authority. . A good story will be that of Bill Clinton and his secretary. Shine your eye.... it is not actually a sex for grade but a setup. the misbehaviour maybe inappropriate but the academician didn't commit any sex for grade related crime .

Anyway this is the letter sent by BBC to the don.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by THEMODSARECRAZY: 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Boniface was not promising a student grade upgrade as the undercover reporter Kemi claimed to be seeking admission and needed guidiance..

And the Reporter kemi willingly went to the man's church to meet him so as to start her set up, and she visited the man 3 times in his office unaccompanied..

you are right, reason why they did not maybe "show footage of the main sex for grades" it's because it will involve REAL STUDENTS who are registered in the University and could blow their cover or put the real identities at risk, it's a calculated effort which is why they went after the so called pastor (he's a man of God remember) only for him to reveal how corrupt he is from the inside, and they used the SEEKING ADMISSION format so they don't mess things up using their decoys posing as students

And don't forget she also posed as an under 18 person

2 Likes

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by solmusdesigns: 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
THEMODSARECRAZY:
you are right, reason why they did not maybe "show footage of the main sex for grades" it's because it will involve REAL STUDENTS who are registered in the University and could blow their cover or put the real identities at risk, it's a calculated effort which is why they went after the so called pastor (he's a man of God remember) only for him to reveal how corrupt he is from the inside, and they used the SEEKING ADMISSION format so they don't mess things up using their decoys posing as students

And don't forget she also posed as an under 18 person

unilag and Lagos State Government needs to investigate further and offer immuinity for people willing to testify against the man

1 Like

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by Yakarii: 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

unilag and Lagos State Government needs to investigate further and offer immuinity for people willing to testify against the man
[/s]
Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by loswhite(m): 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2019
trilobite:
I cannot believe the the posts here!! So wait, you guys are all saying that it is until a man physically assaults a woman, that sexual assault has taken place?
To think the Ghanians would defend this just weakens me!!!!

A man in a position of power decides to use same to make a woman offer him her body, and a society defends him?
I don't pity the current generation, I pity our future generations!! Other criminals seeing this in Ghana will continue knowing fully well their country is solidly behind them.

I weep for the Ghanian women of tomorrow, future victims who will be forced to succumb to wickedness because their society celebrates it.

I weep.
don't weep..... just prove them wrong...Show them the sex for grades. Why put up a misleading headlines?

1 Like

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by THEMODSARECRAZY: 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2019
The Ghana lecturers motives tho pretty clear but doesn't really hold much water.. he made it clear that he's not forcing her (although it's a game played by them) so long as he did not take it far as the unilag Pastor did he might just clear this case cos he actually asked for her consent before trying to do anything and he mentioned that his wife is abroad so hence what he's doing

I'm not defending him, but there could be much worse cases than him in that university
Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by THEMODSARECRAZY: 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2019
solmusdesigns:

we all know immunity does nothing in Nigeria, except you're talking about protection, which sadly is a joke in this country plus the fact that everything at most job levels nowadays is connection they could easily get away with it

And also I think the university should encourage presentation of hard evidence among female students by teaching them how to use call recorders, conversation recorders, hidden cameras and the likes

1 Like

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by Legonviking: 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2019
[quote author=chrisagyei post=82957129]I have watched the full video and I speak on behalf of the two Ghanaian lecturers who never touched the girls.The girls likewise claim they were not their students in the video. They were asked to be in a relationship and they refused and that was it.No grades can even be promised since they claimed they're not in their class.You see in Ghana we're strongly patriotic and we don't wash our dirty linens in public.

In the University of Ghana’s ANTI-SEXUAL HARASSMENT POLICY of 2010 , the colored is what was stated

Abuse of Authority. A demand by a person in authority for sexual favors in exchange for work or academic related benefits (for example, a wage increase, promotion, higher grades, a training or scholarship opportunity,etc).In determining whether abuse of authority has occurred, factors to consider include: Whether the harasser had actual supervisory authority over the employee; the alleged harasser demanded sexual favours in exchange for an academic or employment-related benefit.

Dr Butokor clearly erred when he asked a prospective Masters student to take him as her Side Guy.

Prof Gyampo also asked for hug from the lady who wanted to undertake her internship at the institution.
Both men abused their authority when they encountered the ladies and should be punished.
Until the 13 member anti sexual harassment committee is constituted and its report published, I would not take what Prof Amoakohene says serious

2 Likes

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by ityP(m): 5:47pm On Oct 08, 2019
abels:
you have a point...i have watched the documentary and from all indications the two Ghana lecturers are not really guilty especially the political science guy,it was just a case of two adults trying to start a relationship BUT guy the Nigerian lecturers own ,no excuse because they loose guard i swear the two of them bleeped up big time

Same thing i saw when i watched the video. The Ghanaian lecturers are more sensible than their Nigerian counterparts.

1 Like

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by ityP(m): 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2019
loswhite:

You are very correct abeg. The Ghanaian lectures deserve to be cautioned and that's just it. The Nigerians need to be laid off work and imprisoned immediately. They are rapists

2 Likes

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2019

1 Like

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by tsmith(f): 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2019
luminouz:

Be logical bro...

That's one thing I have against most Nigerian youths,they seem to have lost the capacity to critically look at a case and analyse it logically not spewing emotions everywhere like a wailing banshee.

Based on the evidence shown, did they actually sleep with those students or give them marks for sex? They propositioned the students inappropriately, so its gross misconduct from them,not the other issues BBC raised as headlines.
What would have been a better case is if the undercover reporters are actually registered students and they slept or made the lecturers admit that they will give them marks for sexual favours...the clincher would have been if a video evidence of such admissions were to be aired by BBC....

What y'all reacting to are gross misconduct or inappropriate behaviour from the lecturers and by this huge blunder from BBC,the real student slayers would go aground, restrategize and come back stronger to torment the victims.

A snake and a lion are different animals but you kill them the exact same way...NEVER LEAVE EITHER BREATHING. SO LONG THEY STILL BREATHE, YOU ARE NEVER SAFE.

An expose is uncovering of inappropriateness or misconduct, that's BBC's work done and dusted. It's left to the institutions and judicial systems to a) investigate further, b) discipline appropriately if their constitution has been broken c) rewrite or reform the constitution if required.

If existing constitution only covers students or requires that a sexual act must take place before a law had.been broken. Then obviously they need to reform the constitution to cover even prospective students and any abuse of power and position. It's sex today, it could be money or just favouritism of undeserving students over the ones that's worked hard.

My problem with the African way of thinking is we have a very warped mentality over right and wrong. We simply lack good judgement.

Both institutions should be very ashamed that these individuals associated with them, acted so shamefully on their grounds and within capacities of power.

Look at fifa's undercover stints, regardless of it being undercover, whether an actual match fox takes place or not, it takes actions regardless.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by TemmyT002(m): 6:09pm On Oct 08, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Boniface was not promising a student grade upgrade as the undercover reporter Kemi claimed to be seeking admission and needed guidiance..

And the Reporter kemi willingly went to the man's church to meet him so as to start her set up, and she visited the man 3 times in his office unaccompanied..

Yeah?
That is what undercover is all about. Na set up. He fell for it. He is guilty.
But then, no one is righteous.

1 Like

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by Swanzi(m): 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2019
TemmyT002:

Yeah?
That is what undercover is all about. Na set up. He fell for it. He is guilty.
But then, no one is righteous.

Yeah at the bolded is wrong there are actually righteous people just not many

2 Likes

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by luminouz(m): 6:20pm On Oct 08, 2019
tsmith:

An expose is uncovering of inappropriateness or misconduct, that's BBC's work done and dusted. It's left to the institutions and judicial systems to a) investigate further, b) discipline appropriately if their constitution has been broken c) rewrite or reform the constitution if required.

If existing constitution only covers students or requires that a sexual act must take place before a law had.been broken. Then obviously they need to reform the constitution to cover even prospective students and any abuse of power and position. It's sex today, it could be money or just favouritism of undeserving students over the ones that's worked hard.

My problem with the African way of thinking is we have a very warped mentality over right and wrong. We simply lack good judgement.

Both institutions should be very ashamed that these individuals associated with them, acted so shamefully on their grounds and within capacities of power.

Look at fifa's undercover stints, regardless of it being undercover, whether an actual match fox takes place or not, it takes actions regardless.
Wrong!!!
An exposé is an uncovering of unlawful acts, with irrefutable PROOFs. Without concrete evidence,what the hell do they hope to gain? Topple an existing vice with conjectures? Seriously?
You need PROOF!!! Like mudafvcking irrefutable hardcore,deer-in-the-headlights, red-handed PROOF!!

I agree with modifying the constitution to cover other gray areas that could be exploited by wolves and wolverines alike, both students and lecturers.
Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by chrisagyei: 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
[quote author=Legonviking post=82958930][/quote]I understand your points and yes,the case needs to be investigated by the sexual harassment committee of Legon buh pre-judging these two particular lecturers and calling for their suspension is too early.and on a mere understanding of the video,the lady refused the hug and she wasn't forced or threatened afterwards and Gyampo never touched her inappropriately aside flirting with her at a public location outside school campus.And she made it clear that she wasn't his student buh she rather persistently asked him to be her mere mentor.For Doc,he never went ahead or say anything after he asking her to be her boyfriend and he promising her a national service spot which is not under any academic activities and even the authority solely lies on the National Service Secretariat buh not him.So legally,he couldn't fulfill that promise unlike improving her grade which he can buy didn't even venture into that topic.All the same both prof and doc have vehemently denied any wrongdoing and so let's wait for the committee sitting and final decision. Anas would have done a deeper and undeniable investigation.
Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
luminouz:

Be logical bro...

That's one thing I have against most Nigerian youths,they seem to have lost the capacity to critically look at a case and analyse it logically not spewing emotions everywhere like a wailing banshee.

Based on the evidence shown, did they actually sleep with those students or give them marks for sex? They propositioned the students inappropriately, so its gross misconduct from them,not the other issues BBC raised as headlines.
What would have been a better case is if the undercover reporters are actually registered students and they slept or made the lecturers admit that they will give them marks for sexual favours...the clincher would have been if a video evidence of such admissions were to be aired by BBC....

What y'all reacting to are gross misconduct or inappropriate behaviour from the lecturers and by this huge blunder from BBC,the real student slayers would go aground, restrategize and come back stronger to torment the victims.

A snake and a lion are different animals but you kill them the exact same way...NEVER LEAVE EITHER BREATHING. SO LONG THEY STILL BREATHE, YOU ARE NEVER SAFE.

Because no student will take that chance. The brotherhood of lecturers will mark you down and mess you up. Is it today lecturers have been harassing students? Is it today they have been getting away with it?

What you are doing is the close to the same thing we do with rape victims down here - continously shifting the goal post.

If Boniface was like that with a student trying to get into school, how do you think he would be with a student fully in his power?

Is it until you have the lecturer caught stark naked with a shrunken dick like that aau lecturer?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by capitalzero: 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
luminouz:

Be logical bro...

must reporter sleep with lecturers before proving sexual harassment. try to understand meaning of sexual harassment. the essence of this report is to put a system in place for students to lodge their complaints without being victimized.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
luminouz:

Wrong!!!
An exposé is an uncovering of unlawful acts, with irrefutable PROOFs. Without concrete evidence,what the hell do they hope to gain? Topple an existing vice with conjectures? Seriously?
You need PROOF!!! Like mudafvcking irrefutable hardcore,deer-in-the-headlights, red-handed PROOF!!

I agree with modifying the constitution to cover other gray areas that could be exploited by wolves and wolverines alike, both students and lecturers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sting_operation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abscam

Most of these arguments could have been made in these cases as well.

Last last this is the equivalent of the blue wall of silence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by buharified009(m): 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2019
Criticaltemp:
I love this.., we dont know we shot ourselves on d foot when we were mouth lashing our own lecturer. The reason we can never go forward in this world.. Ooooh, do u guys think there is no fraud, sex for marks, drugs related offenses and even child sex trafficking in the US and other nations? There are.. But what do they do, the act up in mature ways, investigate n prosecute the suspects if found guilty.. In our own cases what do we do? We use the social media to pass judgment, push the accused into depression n possible suicide n come out to behave like we're so righteous..now the world has known us in a different ways, no one wants to do business with us, no one want their children to be educated in our country, yet we feel the government is the reason we fall.. Hmmmmmm, until we learn to be educated, we will never n can never move forward in life. Let wisdom lead
you will never understand, until you give birth to a beautiful daughter, and she goes to the university with high hopes of becoming an engineer, but never achieves that dream, because her lecturer or lecturer's, want a taste of her puna, and then she finally either drops out or falls into depression, until this happens to you, then write this comment you wrote and I will tell you, you are truly a man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by tsmith(f): 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
luminouz:

Wrong!!!

Unlawful acts? That's for courts. Which dictionary are you using?

Re: Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades by Legonviking: 6:40pm On Oct 08, 2019
The University of Ghana’s attention has been drawn to a BBC documentary entitled 'Sex for Grades
Undercover in West African Universities' fully aired in the evening of October 7, 2019. We would like to state unequivocally that the University places great importance on issues of sexual harassment and misconduct, and condemn any of such acts. [b]Given that commitment, the Business and Executive Committee of [b]the University has taken a decision to interdict Prof. Ransford Gyampo and Dr. Paul Kwame Butakor, the two lecturers [/b]featured in the documentary to allow for further investigations into the matte[/b]r. In line with University regulations, the two will be invited by the Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee in the next few days to assist with further investigations into the BBC documentary. While the University of Ghana believes sexual harassment is fundamentally about exploiting power imbalance and voicelessness, we also understand the harmful impact it [/b]has on individuals, families and institutions. It is for this reason that the University has taken steps to encourage students and employees to report any form of sexual harassment and misconduct, and has also instituted measures to punish anyone found guilty of the offence. In all instances where the University has been provided with information and/or evidence of sexual harassment or misconduct, our Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee has investigated the matter, interviewed the parties involved, and after making a determination, we have applied the appropriate sanctions as outlined in the policy, including dismissals. The University will prosecute the current matter under investigation, in addition to all outstanding cases before the Committee. We would like to state emphatically that the University of Ghana does not and will not shield any employee or student found to have engaged in sexual harassment or misconduct. No member of the University is considered above the law. The University would like to assure all members of the university community, including students, employees, our stakeholders and the public that it will continue to actively fight against sexual harassment/misconduct, and other acts of indiscipline. Further, to assure members of the university community and the public that the University of Ghana will use the existing structures to handle all matters of sexual harassment and misconduct, while protecting the rights of the victims. Meanwhile, members of the University community are reminded of the provisions of the Anti-Sexual Harassment Policy, and also encouraged to report any acts of sexual harassment and misconduct accordingly. To facilitate this process, additional communication channels have been created.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

School Pupils Skip A Rope In Amazing Way (Video) / Honoris United Universities Acquires Nile University / Apply For SEOF Scholarship For Secondary, Undergraduate & Postgraduates Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.