Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,055 members, 7,956,944 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal - Crime (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal (85270 Views)

BBC Sex For Grade Dr Boniface Igbeneghu Biography Video / Man Sentenced To Death Attempts Suicide At Benin High Court (Photos) / Pastor’s Wife Who Sent Her Nudes On Church’s Whatsapp Page Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by stormborn28(m): 11:31pm On Oct 08, 2019
mirabel001:
Eyaah...people should leave this man alone, he was just trying to survive. There are many ppl like him in Nigeria uni.....

#freehim
the good news I want to hear from the hospital is that he is dead
Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by Ndipe(m): 11:38pm On Oct 08, 2019
He deactivated his facebook account that was littered with opprobrium from people.
Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by BitCraftman: 3:12am On Oct 09, 2019
The person who rushed him to hospital should be rewarded.
Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by imitateMe(m): 3:22am On Oct 09, 2019
Ginaz:
This is his karma. This cup is filled to the brim and time has come to account for his evil deeds .

I can’t imagine the number of women he have abused before he got caught. sad
Women who were too lazy to study, right? I still don't see this man's offense. Why visit a man for some favour and not expect "sexual harassment"?? Why follow him to his house? I don't just understand what else you expect. Do male students meet lecturers for such help?

If you're olodo, you'll be victimized. If you study hard, no lecturer will victimize you.
Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by SHOCK7(m): 5:28am On Oct 09, 2019
[quote authorization=mirabel001 post=82951985]Eyaah...people should leave this man alone, he was just trying to survive. There are many ppl like him in Nigeria uni.....

#freehim[/quote]
what nonsense are you saying,coming from a female!!!!! condoning sexual abuse against a minor, U better take back 'ur comment & apologize b4 the whole of nairaland insults you/family.
Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by Wendybrown(f): 5:46am On Oct 09, 2019
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, events like this makes me ashamed to be associated with Christianity and sometimes I'm tempted to join Islam. Majority of the bastards we call pastors are wolfs in sheep clothing. Christianity habours so many madness. No Islamic cleric has been caught in this sexual mess because they are guided accordingly by the tenets of Islam. Is it a coincidence that 3 pastors have been disgraced in few months and many more to come? Islam will soon take over Nigeria cos shameful incidents like this will make many Christians convert to Islam sad

This is not restricted to one religion trust me

1 Like

Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by alphaNomega: 5:52am On Oct 09, 2019
imitateMe:

Women who were too lazy to study, right? I still don't see this man's offense. Why visit a man for some favour and not expect "sexual harassment"?? Why follow him to his house? I don't just understand what else you expect. Do male students meet lecturers for such help?

If you're olodo, you'll be victimized. If you study hard, no lecturer will victimize you.

You don't get it. These kind of men don't care how brilliant you are. There are brilliant ladies from struggling backgrounds and those are the type of students these lecturers pick on.

These men pick their targets carefully and BBC investigative journalism is not enough to stop them.

1 Like

Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by BluntBoy(m): 7:30am On Oct 09, 2019
Unrated900:

Boss I understand you very well and I like your answers

But let me ask you what if you were to be in that man’s shoe what will be your response

He might just be using it as a joke when the recording picked it up

They didn’t catch them having anything think about it also

I hope you got my point

At least we are all learning

Joke?

You obviously didn't watch the video.

I will never joke with a lady that way nor will I tolerate that type of joke on my own daughter.

There are much more respectful jokes fit for such a situation.

Respect is reciprocal. If I were a lecturer, and a female student came to me for admission, I would know better than to flirt with her, not especially after saying she was 17.

For Christ's sake, don't these men have any dignity? How can PhD holders, and even professors, be playing such foolish jokes? It is disrespectful even to the lecturers themselves.

If I were in this man's shoes, I would never be caught disrespecting myself in front of a prospective student.

I have pastored a church for 5 years, and so I have been in a position of authority, and have had conversations with women in my office. Never in my life have I played this type of play with any of them. It doesn't mean that I never joked with them.

How can a lecturer be having conversations about penis with a prospective student when it is not like he is taking her Human Anatomy? What type of joke is that?

2 Likes

Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by Unrated900(m): 11:16am On Oct 09, 2019
BluntBoy:

Joke?

You obviously didn't watch the video.

I will never joke with a lady that way nor will I tolerate that type of joke on my own daughter.

There are much more respectful jokes fit for such a situation.

Respect is reciprocal. If I were a lecturer, and a female student came to me for admission, I would know better than to flirt with her, not especially after saying she was 17.

For Christ's sake, don't these men have any dignity? How can PhD holders, and even professors, be playing such foolish jokes? It is disrespectful even to the lecturers themselves.

If I were in this man's shoes, I would never be caught disrespecting myself in front of a prospective student.

I have pastored a church for 5 years, and so I have been in a position of authority, and have had conversations with women in my office. Never in my life have I played this type of play with any of them. It doesn't mean that I never joked with them.

How can a lecturer be having conversations about penis with a prospective student when it is not like he is taking her Human Anatomy? What type of joke is that?

You said it all fine

It’s a words for the taught life is a lesson

Let him face the consequence of his actions

It’s will serves as morning taught to other lecturers politicians and other high places men to always use their initiative when in a conversations with anyone

I respect your words sir

More blessings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by Just30: 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2019
linearity:

Rules of evidence are universal and at their generic levels, during civic cases; both sides are deposed aka have to give testimony under oath and both sides can request documents from either side and can present witnesses to buttress their side of the story.

CNN is a global brand and before that documentary aired, they must have passed it through their legal team to vet thoroughly to ensure that, they are on solid legal grounds.

That documentary was in the making for a year, that is the painstaking time for CNN to ensure from their legal team that, they are all clear.
any way
BBC is what we are talking aboult

without any concrete prove that sex was offered and grades were given, it will be hard for BBC to defend their documentary in a court of law.
just like it is very hard to prove any sex offence cases

hear says and your words against mine dont win cases in court
Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by linearity: 11:09pm On Oct 09, 2019
Just30:
any way
BBC is what we are talking aboult

without any concrete prove that sex was offered and grades were given, it will be hard for BBC to defend their documentary in a court of law.
just like it is very hard to prove any sex offence cases

hear says and your words against mine dont win cases in court

Like I indicated on a previous post, these Lecturers were not pick on randomly at of the blue.

If you listen to the beginning of the documentary, students came out and reported these Lecturers, hence CNN did their investigation but with decoys.

Some of these students, according to CNN reported these incidents, but the school authorities did not do anything, others are afraid to report, because they wouldn’t be believed, others are afraid to report because they are afraid that, there will be repercussions against them within the school as they are still under these Lecturers or friends to these Lecturers...these students have first hand knowledge, not hear-say and CNN did not include them in the documentary to placard their fears.

Now that dynamic changes, if a court case is filed. These students can’t marshal the wherewithal to mount a count case; but would be glad if CNN is at the center, moreso the court will give them the protection against retaliation they currently lack and can even cross petition against the Lecturers and the school during that case for civil penalties.

The school authorities will even advice the lecturer not to go to court, because ‘breeze go blow and fowl yansh go open’; no be person wey first run go police station dey innocent or go win the case final final.

This documentary had been in production for a year and CNN team of lawyers must have ascertain these students’ stories and adjudge them to be credible before green-lighting the documentary aka, they must have examined all their legal exposures and ensure they have solid legal standing before moving ahead.

Again, the lecturer is just blowing hot smoke. He will not go to count and pursue the case to conclusion. Remember that, despite the fact that, he may want to narrow the case to the ‘sex for grade’ allegation, court proceedings involves expansive discovery process and that can unearth many other sexual escapades that may doom his career, marriage and family...so he knows better to let sleeping dogs lay low.

My advice for him, is that he should go file a civil libel case against CNN to save face, allow it to drag on for a while and quietly withdraw it, when the whole world must have moved on to the next sensational News or story on the block...

Trump have green light Turkey to defeat US allies, the Kurds in Syria, maybe as Turkey have started their on-slaughter, that will be the next sensational News item or maybe it will be the current Trump impeachment saga, vi-sa-vi his standoff with the US House of Rep....I can’t wait to see who blinks first and fold in the current fist-fight between Trump & the House in document discoveries, witnesses testimonies and Subpoenas.
Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by Just30: 12:42am On Oct 10, 2019
linearity:

Like I indicated on a previous post, these Lecturers were not pick on randomly at of the blue.

If you listen to the beginning of the documentary, students came out and reported these Lecturers, hence CNN did their investigation but with decoys.

Some of these students, according to CNN reported these incidents, but the school authorities did not do anything, others are afraid to report, because they wouldn’t be believed, others are afraid to report because they are afraid that, there will be repercussions against them within the school as they are still under these Lecturers or friends to these Lecturers...these students have first hand knowledge, not hear-say and CNN did not include them in the documentary to placard their fears.

Now that dynamic changes, if a court case is filed. These students can’t marshal the wherewithal to mount a count case; but would be glad if CNN is at the center, moreso the court will give them the protection against retaliation they currently lack and can even cross petition against the Lecturers and the school during that case for civil penalties.

The school authorities will even advice the lecturer not to go to court, because ‘breeze go blow and fowl yansh go open’; no be person wey first run go police station dey innocent or go win the case final final.

This documentary had been in production for a year and CNN team of lawyers must have ascertain these students’ stories and adjudge them to be credible before green-lighting the documentary aka, they must have examined all their legal exposures and ensure they have solid legal standing before moving ahead.

Again, the lecturer is just blowing hot smoke. He will not go to count and pursue the case to conclusion. Remember that, despite the fact that, he may want to narrow the case to the ‘sex for grade’ allegation, court proceedings involves expansive discovery process and that can unearth many other sexual escapades that may doom his career, marriage and family...so he knows better to let sleeping dogs lay low.

My advice for him, is that he should go file a civil libel case against CNN to save face, allow it to drag on for a while and quietly withdraw it, when the whole world must have moved on to the next sensational News or story on the block...

Trump have green light Turkey to defeat US allies, the Kurds in Syria, maybe as Turkey have started their on-slaughter, that will be the next sensational News item or maybe it will be the current Trump impeachment saga, vi-sa-vi his standoff with the US House of Rep....I can’t wait to see who blinks first and fold in the current fist-fight between Trump & the House in document discoveries, witnesses testimonies and Subpoenas.
you keep mentioning CNN

get your facts right

Sexual harrasment cases are hard to prove
Thats why BBC may find it self in hot waters because they would find it difficult making a case against the Ghanaian lecturers even when the line up 500 withness.

The key word will be prove
Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by linearity: 1:29am On Oct 10, 2019
Just30:
you keep mentioning CNN

get your facts right

Sexual harrasment cases are hard to prove
Thats why BBC may find it self in hot waters because they would find it difficult making a case against the Ghanaian lecturers even when the line up 500 withness.

The key word will be prove

That must be a slip, yes it is BBC, but the application is the same.

Someone in the position of a defendant, do not have to prove anything, which will be the position of BBC, should the Lecturer sue them.

The burden is on the Lecturers to prove with clear and convincing proves, which is higher and tougher to reach compare to preponderance of evidence for civil cases that; they are not and have not engaged in ‘sex for grades’ as alleged by BBC in the documentary. They must also prove the other four elements of a defamation case using the same standard of proof.

All that, BBC need to do; is to enter a few evidences into the record that will poke a little hole or doubt into the case built by the Lecturer’s legal team about his stellar records in this regard. A single testimony by a student corroborating BBC’ account is enough to sow little seed of doubt and the Lecturer case crumbles.

Also, even in Ghana like in every other place; if you are a public figure; it becomes much more difficult to win libel suits, BBC can attempt to label the Lecturer a public figure, since he is a professor at a public University and widely known there.

Plus in a libel suit, among the 4/5 items he must prove, he must show that BBC were negligent (that is without adequate research & due diligence), BBC will introduce their evidence of diligence, research, contacts and efforts put into making sure they got an accurate documentary, not withstanding a few inaccuracies, that if he the Lecturer can prove some. Simply proving that, he did not participate in ‘sex for grade’ is not enough to win a defamation case; he must prove 4 other items.

This is the reason, the success rate on libel/defamation cases is less than 10% and the percentage is much more lower for public figure.

Libel cases are for people who maliciously want to harm you by disseminating falsehood against you. If someone put diligent efforts into making sure they get the truth and they end up not getting all their facts straight, it will be difficult to win a defamation suit against them.
Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by Just30: 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2019
linearity:

That must be a slip, yes it is BBC, but the application is the same.

Someone in the position of a defendant, do not have to prove anything, which will be the position of BBC, should the Lecturer sue them.

The burden is on the Lecturers to prove with clear and convincing proves, which is higher and tougher to reach compare to preponderance of evidence for civil cases that; they are not and have not engaged in ‘sex for grades’ as alleged by BBC in the documentary. They must also prove the other four elements of a defamation case using the same standard of proof.

All that, BBC need to do; is to enter a few evidences into the record that will poke a little hole or doubt into the case built by the Lecturer’s legal team about his stellar records in this regard. A single testimony by a student corroborating BBC’ account is enough to sow little seed of doubt and the Lecturer case crumbles.

Also, even in Ghana like in every other place; if you are a public figure; it becomes much more difficult to win libel suits, BBC can attempt to label the Lecturer a public figure, since he is a professor at a public University and widely known there.

Plus in a libel suit, among the 4/5 items he must prove, he must show that BBC were negligent (that is without adequate research & due diligence), BBC will introduce their evidence of diligence, research, contacts and efforts put into making sure they got an accurate documentary, not withstanding a few inaccuracies, that if he the Lecturer can prove some. Simply proving that, he did not participate in ‘sex for grade’ is not enough to win a defamation case; he must prove 4 other items.

This is the reason, the success rate on libel/defamation cases is less than 10% and the percentage is much more lower for public figure.

Libel cases are for people who maliciously want to harm you by disseminating falsehood against you. If someone put diligent efforts into making sure they get the truth and they end up not getting all their facts straight, it will be difficult to win a defamation suit against them.
the lecturers are going to file a defamation suit

It will be left with BBC to show actual proves to defend their hard-worked documentary
So the burden is going to be on BBC and BBC will decide to rely on student complaints, which doesn't cut it
Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by tck2000(m): 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
oh
Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by chily11: 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
omoharry:
My brother no be about to dress decently oo! randy Lecturers with wondering eye will always single you out base on their choice of women.
There was this lecturer in my school back then, he would chase anything in skirt and go as far as failing ladies that refuses his advances. Na so we ladies kon form muslim oo! ,we start to dey wear hijab any time we are going to sign course form from him because he does not dare such rubbish with muslim ladies that are very devoted to their religion. He even went as far as trying this nonsense with student that are married and would frustrate them even more if they report the case to the school authorities..He is untouchable because he highly connected in the school;That was why non of the petition leveled against ever materialized. He is dead now; may God have mercy on his soul for all the atrocities he committed while on earth.
If you're God will you?
Re: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal by Ndipe(m): 8:21am On Sep 28, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Abia State Univerisity Student Beheaded In Imo (Photos) / Policeman Shares Photos Of Girls Smoking Weed, Says "Say No To Drugs" / #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.