Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Origin Of Sin - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Origin Of Sin (3174 Views)

Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? / Destination Of Sin By Pastor Adeboye / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Origin Of Sin by e36991: 8:39am On Nov 10, 2010
Benstino:

Your proof is not biblical rather your own illustration.

Pls can you prove in the bible where it is written that there was a royal decree that satan flouted

Concerning this, anything apart from a biblical view is meaningless.

@Benstino

I anticipated this response a few moves post back and was expecting an outburst much earlier than now

So tell me.

1) What are your definitions of sin?

2) What is a decree?

2b) What is your definition of law?

3) What was found in satan?

4) Do you agree that sin is the transgression of the law?

4b) Do you agree that all unrighteousness is sin?

5) If yes to #4, then by deduction, satan must have transgressed a law in heaven. Yes or No?

5b) If yes to #4b, then by deduction, satan must have done an unright thing (e.g. try to seize power without legal authority) Yes or No?

6) Is it possible for satan to commit sin without a law or decree already in place?

7) If No to #6, then explain why.

Psalm 119:117-118 NIV:

117Uphold me, and I will be delivered; I will always have regard for your decrees

118You reject all who stray from your decrees, for their deceitfulness is in vain

Psalm 119:117-118 BBE:

117Let me not be moved, and I will be safe, and ever take delight in your rules

118You have overcome all those who are wandering from your rules; for all their thoughts are false

. . . before the garden of Eden, God has always been in the business of rules, commands, statues, decrees, laws etc
Re: Origin Of Sin by DeepSight(m): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2010
@ Inesqor i am very surprised by your take but i do not have the strength at the moment. I seem to be suffering a recess of some sort. My warmest regards to Viaro. Perhaps u only need whispwr the regards under your breath. Cheers.
Re: Origin Of Sin by InesQor(m): 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2010
@DeepSight : The last part of your post above cracked me up like nothing else. I feel honoured to be thought the same person as viaro, who is obviously older, more diverse and more intelligent than I am, and Im proud to say is, to a large extent my mentor. As for the previous part of the post, all well. :-)
Re: Origin Of Sin by nuclearboy(m): 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2010
@Inesqor:

I've been waiting for Viaro to come back before asking this but my patience is waning.

"Origin of Sin", "Inerrancy of the Bible", "Trinity" etc all seem to be much the same TO ME as discussing "freedom of the press". They remain semantics. The issue is what exactly is the "message" of the scripture, the "meat" of the Gospel. what exactly is the Gospel itself and what were you/I/the "Sons of God" created for? I have some weird theories which I'll defend with my life and today, I shared them for the first time ever with a much loved member of this forum though not on the forum but private mail.

Whats your take on the above?

@DS:

You too, Lawyer? Whats Satan's take? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Origin Of Sin by InesQor(m): 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2010
@nuclearboy:

Brilliant! I am just leaving the office now so I cant discuss that for now. I think this will make a great discussion. cheesy

Catch you up later tonight most likely (or very early mo-mo wink )

I will alert viaro, but *sigh* I dont think he will be able to come. Lets see sha. . .
Re: Origin Of Sin by nuclearboy(m): 8:44pm On Nov 11, 2010
Lets create a new thread for it. Please would you do the honors and create it? I'm behind you. I think NL is about to get the shock of its existence and many "christians" a wake up call
Re: Origin Of Sin by e36991: 8:49pm On Nov 11, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Inesqor:

. .  . what exactly is the Gospel itself and what were you/I/the "Sons of God" created for?

I have some weird theories which I'll defend with my life and today,

I shared them for the first time ever with a much loved member of this forum though not on the forum but private mail.

Whats your take . . .

@nuclearboy

Incidentally I actually have a plausible conjecture on this too (i.e. . . . what were you/I/the "Sons of God" created for?)

Used to be baffled over it (i.e. the "What were we created for and Why?"wink

Single verse in the bible made the penny drop
Re: Origin Of Sin by InesQor(m): 11:25pm On Nov 11, 2010
Cool! Ok so I will create the thread and invite e36991 and nuclearboy to kick off with my own understanding also to boot. Others will join in also.

Now Im sure it cant be tonight smiley but yes, I will start the thread by or before morning.
Re: Origin Of Sin by Jenwitemi(m): 12:32am On Nov 12, 2010
Can i make a couple of guesses? We were created to grovel on the ground in front of "him" in total submission and worship? To caress "his" overblown cosmic ego? Was that the penny that dropped? cheesy
e36991:

@nuclearboy

Incidentally I actually have a plausible conjecture on this too (i.e. . . . what were you/I/the "Sons of God" created for?)

Used to be baffled over it (i.e. the "What were we created for and Why?"wink

Single verse in the bible made the penny drop
Re: Origin Of Sin by Jenwitemi(m): 12:46am On Nov 12, 2010
Back to the topic at hand. If God has and exercises freewill to do whatever "he" wishes, then "he" is also a sinner by this "logic", since having freewill is the prerequisite to being a sinner. Can we all agree on this?
It is good to know that the divine "he" will also be roasting for eternity in hellfire with "his" other fellow freewillers like us. Is that too much to fathom? Well, perhaps that's because THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SIN!
There are the positives that evolve us and there are negatives that devolve us, and life itself - in the form of continuous evolution - determines what is positive and what is negative and we all have to adjust to the parameters set by life to keep us in the right direction, which is direction of evolution as opposed to devolution.
Re: Origin Of Sin by e36991: 12:49am On Nov 12, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Can i make a couple of guesses?

We were created to grovel on the ground in front of "him" in total submission and worship?

To caress "his" overblown cosmic ego? Was that the penny that dropped? cheesy

Jenwitemi

Grovel?  . . . total submission & worship? Caress ego?

Nah. That's a myopic thinking.

It's rather simple and far from your off the cuff and warped remark
Re: Origin Of Sin by Jenwitemi(m): 12:57am On Nov 12, 2010
By jove, i missed it? Myopic thinking? Bugger me till sunday! I am shocked! I am gobsmacked! Was religions like christianity not built on that? Grovel in worship and "he" will grant all your wishes like a genie?
What was the penny that dropped, then? Care to share? I am interested to know.
e36991:

Jenwitemi

Grovel? . . . total submission & worship? Caress ego?

Nah. That's a myopic thinking.

It's rather simple and far from your off the cuff and warped remark
Re: Origin Of Sin by InesQor(m): 9:04am On Nov 12, 2010
Nuclearboy and e36991:

Here is the thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-549736.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? / The People Of Arondizuogu Report Prophet Odumeje To Their Deity (arusi) (VIDEO / Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.