Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

My Car Is Draining Battery Even When It's Not In Use - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Is Draining Battery Even When It's Not In Use (1016 Views)

Help!!!! My C350 2009 Battery Is Draining / I Need Help, My Car Battery Is Draining Itself! / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Is Draining Battery Even When It's Not In Use by Coolis: 6:43am On Oct 09, 2019
Please Folks, I'm so confuse, I have done everything. Electricians have been searching for whatever is the problem to no avail. My car has drained four batteries in the last one week. It does this draining in the night. After I return from work and park it in the evening, to start the car the next morning is impossible as all the battery power must have been drained. Please, who has experienced this and what could be the cause? Thank you
Re: My Car Is Draining Battery Even When It's Not In Use by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 09, 2019
You did not state the model of car you use but in any case if "rewires" have failed to detect what the fault is, have you tried removing the terminal head(s) overnight? If your battery works in the morning then there's a leakage somewhere in your car's electrical system
Re: My Car Is Draining Battery Even When It's Not In Use by Coolis: 7:02am On Oct 09, 2019
jidemoh:
You did not state the model of car you use but in any case if "rewires" have failed to detect what the fault is, have you tried removing the terminal head(s) overnight? If your battery works in the morning then there's a leakage somewhere in your car's electrical system
thanks. I use pencil light Toyota Camry
Re: My Car Is Draining Battery Even When It's Not In Use by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 09, 2019
Coolis:
thanks. I use pencil light Toyota Camry

I’ll say you take the car for a diagnostic scan. If local electricians have failed, a detailed scan cannot
Re: My Car Is Draining Battery Even When It's Not In Use by TRYGO(m): 11:37am On Oct 09, 2019
Where is your location? Are you able to leave the car for some days with us, to helped you troubleshoot what's going on with the car?

Regards
Re: My Car Is Draining Battery Even When It's Not In Use by Marpol: 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2019
@OP did you recently install a car radio? You might have to resort removing one battery terminal if you will park for a lengthy period till you can sort the issue out.

(1) (Reply)

Ford Escape Hybrid 2005 Or Ford Escape Hybrid 2006, Which One Is Better? / A Quick Review Of The Mercedes-benz CLA 250 / I Need A Medium Sized Suv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.