Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,474 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians (45719 Views)

Your Identity Is Still Unknown - Okowa Tells Tinubu / All Herdsmen In Ebonyi To Carry Identity Cards - Government / Group Supports 'Operation Show Your Identity', Faults Falana (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 09, 2019
warripekin:
Nigeria is gradually turning to a concentration camp. You want to demand Id cards from Nigerians and by the military. what for? It keeps getting worse everyday.

gradually? weve been a concentration camp for decades. in sane environments people like GEJ dont become president, in sane environments people like Buhari...coup plotters will not have have the audacity to say they want to run for president. In sane environments the people will not vote for these sorts of leaders.

1 Like

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by olmoRoc: 9:56am On Oct 09, 2019
are they talking of the same ID card various Nigerian governments have been trying to issue to Nigerians since 1976, but has been a mirage because of corruption and incompetence, or one with a picture of Awolowo or one of the statesmen?

1 Like

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by FarahAideed: 9:56am On Oct 09, 2019
ada9ja:

I didn't speak from my mouth but I typed with my hand

Unam

Oya park well
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by kunmiiii: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2019
zizi4real:

Bros even abroad if you don’t hold your ID and police stop stop you , you will pay a fine, so i don’t see anything bad
Haba!! Stop misinforming people on what you know nothing about, there's no law in the U.S or your "abroad" that requires citizens to carry identification, let alone be randomly quizzed by military officers because of it.

6 Likes

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by ada9ja(f): 10:01am On Oct 09, 2019
FarahAideed:

Oya park well

Good kid

2 Likes

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by FarahAideed: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2019
ada9ja:

Good kid

Who are you calling a kid ? I can pay your dowry twice
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Sagay212: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2019
BUT SOME NORTHERN GOVERNORS HAVE BEEN NEGOTIATING WITH BANDITS, EVEN GOING AS FAR AS DRIVING DOWN TO THE FOREST TO HAVE MEETINGS WITH THEM. WHY NOT JUST ARREST AND KILL ALL THE BANDITS. YOU ARREST BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS, JAIL THEM FOR SOME MONTHS AND RELEASE THEM CLAIMING THEY HAVE REPENTED. NOW YOU WANT TO BE ASKING FOR IDENTITY CARDS.

THE ANNOYING THING IS THAT THE IDENTITY CARD THING IS MOST NEEDED IN THE NORTHERN STATES WHERE INSECURITY IS RAVAGING BUT TRUST THE NA TO FLOOD THEIR MEN TO THE SOUTH TO START HARASSING PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF I.D CARDS.

1 Like

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by etimesin(m): 10:03am On Oct 09, 2019
DonBenny77:
grin
Fools.
Identity cards when there are no jobs.
4 years and counting after NYSC no job which identity card them wan see.
Their Papa!!

What course did you study in the University? In case if l may be of help.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by ada9ja(f): 10:04am On Oct 09, 2019
FarahAideed:

Who are you calling a kid ? I can pay your dowry twice

If you pay twice I won't marry by then u re broke and still owes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 09, 2019
FarahAideed:
It's getting worse !!! The rights of Nigerians to live freely is being heavily breached by this same govt ...The Buhari govt knows who the bandits are , where they stay and has even proposed to build Rugas for them and even sent a whole governor to pay them a visit in their camp but yet today they want ordinary citizens to provide them with ID cards before the can move around freely

vote for atiku dem no wan,hear o.

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by FarahAideed: 10:07am On Oct 09, 2019
ada9ja:

If you pay twice I won't marry by then u re broke and still owes

Believe me if you meet me in person you will marry me because na enjoyment and better love I go take kill you ..My type no reach 20 for Nigeria .
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Basher8583: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2019
FarahAideed:
It's getting worse !!! The rights of Nigerians to live freely is being heavily breached by this same govt ...The Buhari govt knows who the bandits are , where they stay and has even proposed to build Rugas for them and even sent a whole governor to pay them a visit in their camp but yet today they want ordinary citizens to provide them with ID cards before the can move around freely

And what is wrong with the directive. Is it that you don't have an id card?

Need to understand what your grouse actually it's
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by awetaiye2015: 10:21am On Oct 09, 2019
This buratai is the worst military man I have ever seen. So clueless.
Wat is even wrong with people that their names begins with Bu...

Can Nigeria handle database of all citizens?
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by FarahAideed: 10:22am On Oct 09, 2019
Basher8583:

And what is wrong with the directive. Is it that you don't have an id card?

I have ID card but I am saying the military is not a police force to stop me and ask for my ID card ...is Nigeria under Martial law ? If it is then Buhari should do the right thing and step down , suspend the National assembly and then declare Nation wide martial law ?

Giving the ARMY arbitrary powers to stop and question citizens is total breach of the Constitution as regard the rights of the citizens and even constitutional role of the military

4 Likes

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 09, 2019
bunch of clueless, dumb, discombobulated buffoons!

the redundant coupist is all shades of fiasco!

DISINTEGRATION of this damn entity is long overdue!...buhari /north are dragging the shithole backwards.... #enough of nonsense!
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 09, 2019
post=82974070:
In every sane countries, every citizen over the age of 18 must have atleast a form of identity.

It prevent loads and loads of issues.

The problem in this part of the world is how to make it easy for the citizens to get.

On the same breath, Nigerians will always wait till the dying minute to start registering for their ID's in cases like this.
We've seen that many times prior now.

We go all dey alright las las in this country!
Yes! they must have, but Not because of insecurity or profilling, it is to Get Access to healthcare, food stamps, register for school, Open bank accounts and ETC. for possitive reasons. And It is not a must that we have to carry IDs on us, it isn't a requirement to carry IDs. Besides we have our details on database, we just give our Date of birth and they will obtain all the informations they might need and only if Nercerssary.

But in Nigeria it is for negative profiling. We don't have boko haram over here.

Profiling will not stop Crime in Nigeria, the same corrupt Army will take bribe and let a criminal go even with an ID.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Psalm2423(m): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2019
etrange:

What do you understand by "criminalise"? Going by the bold statement above, one can deduct that someone who's seen without his card will suffer some kind of punishment. So what are you saying?

I'm a Nigerian, denying people basic amenities when they cannot prove their identity is my suggestion. Not mandating them to carry it around all the time like a tag. Besides, even if I had no solution, that shouldn't silence me when I feel another person's solution is to the detriment of others.

Please leave that guy, he doesn’t know what he’s saying. You’re only required to tag your ID to yourself if you’re an immigrant, nothing else. As a citizen, you don’t need to walk around with an ID unless you’re driving. Nigerians and their stupid reasoning, why should a citizen need to identify themselves at all times via a valid ID card? We wan day vote for road.

You’re only required to walk with an ID abroad if you’re an immigrant or if you’re driving. We’re not immigrants in Nigeria, so this is a failed attempt to get people to pay for international passports since it’s the fastest way to get a national identification means.

1 Like

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 09, 2019
Psalm2423:

Please leave that guy, he doesn’t know what he’s saying. You’re only required to tag your ID to yourself if you’re an immigrant, nothing else. As a citizen, you don’t need to walk around with an ID unless you’re driving. Nigerians and their stupid reasoning, why should a citizen need to identify themselves at all times via a valid ID card? We wan day vote for road.

You’re only required to walk with an ID abroad if you’re an immigrant or if you’re driving. We’re not immigrants in Nigeria, so this is a failed attempt to get people to pay for international passports since it’s the fastest way to get a national identification means.
Gbam!! even immigrants are not required to carry ID, only if nercerssary, and in some countries. Because if it turns out I am not an immigrant if i am stopped, i will not take it kindly.

2 Likes

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 09, 2019
etrange:

What do you understand by "criminalise"? Going by the bold statement above, one can deduct that someone who's seen without his card will suffer some kind of punishment. So what are you saying?

I'm a Nigerian, denying people basic amenities when they cannot prove their identity is my suggestion. Not mandating them to carry it around all the time like a tag. Besides, even if I had no solution, that shouldn't silence me when I feel another person's solution is to the detriment of others.
Absolutely!!
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by engrfaruq(m): 10:38am On Oct 09, 2019
Good one, but let NIMC expedite the release of the cards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by VaselineCrew: 10:41am On Oct 09, 2019
zizi4real:

Bros even abroad if you don’t hold your ID and police stop stop you , you will pay a fine, so i don’t see anything bad

Wait ooo, which abroad are you made to carry ID card at all times?
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Bluffly: 10:42am On Oct 09, 2019
These guys are only forming busy body to embezzle. No intelligence on display but crude and stupid reasoning
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Eteka1(m): 10:42am On Oct 09, 2019
FarahAideed:
Why do you have a problem with this, don't you have a means of identification? How does asking for an ID breach your rights for crying out loud? Allow the security agencies do their work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by ThisIsOutlaw: 10:43am On Oct 09, 2019
zizi4real:

You can tell the problem we have in this country, see that comment he made and how many liked he got... Almost 200, that's how many Nigerians can't see right, so sometimes, or maybe most time, we are our own problem... I just hope increasing number of us get enlightened
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by VaselineCrew: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2019
Commentor:

Local champion.

Walk the streets of Arizona without ID and be stopped by the popo and tell them this nonsense.

What corrupt officer will stop a pedestrian walking and start demanding for ID card?

In America? Bros haba na!

If you did something wrong, then yes, a police office will need to identify you to book you, but please I don’t believe there is a law in Atlanta that states one must carry ID at all times, haba.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Bluffly: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2019
awetaiye2015:
This buratai is the worst military man I have ever seen. So clueless.
Wat is even wrong with people that their names begins with Bu...

Can Nigeria handle database of all citizens?
Yes Database can be handle. All that is required is to work it out. What's in database.

1 Like

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by FarahAideed: 10:46am On Oct 09, 2019
Eteka1:
Why do you have a problem with this, don't you have a means of identification? How does asking for an ID breach your rights for crying out loud? Allow the security agencies do their work.

Stop being shallow and emotional and read the below

I have ID card but I am saying the military is not a police force to stop me and ask for my ID card ...is Nigeria under Martial law ? If it is then Buhari should do the right thing and step down , suspend the National assembly and then declare Nation wide martial law ?

Giving the ARMY arbitrary powers to stop and question citizens is total breach of the Constitution as regard the rights of the citizens and even constitutional role of the military
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by VaselineCrew: 10:46am On Oct 09, 2019
ThisIsOutlaw:

You can tell the problem we have in this country, see that comment he made and how many liked he got... Almost 200, that's how many Nigerians can't see right, so sometimes, or maybe most time, we are our own problem... I just hope increasing number of us get enlightened

So you are agreeing with the guy you quoted that you need to have ID at all times by law abroad?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Bluffly: 10:47am On Oct 09, 2019
VaselineCrew:

What corrupt officer will stop a pedestrian walking and start demanding for ID card?

In America? Bros haba na!

If you did something wrong, then yes, a police office will need to identify you to book you, but please I don’t believe there is a law in Atlanta that states one must carry ID at all times, haba.

From my understanding, it is advisable to have an ID on you even though you aren't mandated. Without Ary operation whatever, I always have an ID with me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Kolping: 10:47am On Oct 09, 2019
You should know by now that Nigeria is a slave colony, especially Southern Nigeria where all the oil is, ruled from Britain. The Nigerian Army are the enforcers for the owners of Nigeria through their local proxy, the Fulani.

Have you ever wondered why the Nigerian Army is older than the country Nigeria? Who were the Nigerian Army before it's formation? (or rather transformation) in 1863?

http://thenationonlineng.net/nigerian-army-at-150/
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/army-celebrates-150-years-of-existence.html
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by SEGLIZ: 10:49am On Oct 09, 2019
when did Nigerian Army turn Nigerian Immigration Service?
fight bokoharam buratai no fit na to carry the job of other security agencies dey hungry the idiot.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by EmmaOgbu(m): 10:53am On Oct 09, 2019
If they should be sincere with it, its a good idea to me

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - / Access Card For Entering Zahra Buhari & Ahmed Indimi's Wedding Venue / Ismaila Isa Funtua Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.