Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,616 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef (787 Views)

Lyrical Joe Vs Mi / MI Vs VECTOR: The Viper Vs Judas The Rat Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef by Kkings11: 9:03am On Oct 09, 2019
NB: full disclosure I am an MI fan

Wether the beef is real or fake the thing is they both dropped awesome singles to make their point and the rest is now up to us fans (true rap fans) to judge them.

Now I rate rap songs(diss tracks) using 3 criteria

1) message readability : that is if the track was written as a letter and you were asked to read the letter to the recipient, would you be able to read the letter without cringing and thinking "wow dis guy talk sense oh".

2) Quotable lines: line's' as in plural. the amount of punchlines on the track or verse really matters.

3) rap flow: how the rap syncs with the beat

Vector in his verse wants to tell us he is angry but came out as bitter when he included us the fans (forgetting that some of us likes both their songs) and petty when he talked about MI's height AGAIN (funny? yes but come on look for something else) bringing it up in evry diss at mi.

Also Which ever verse you pick MI still has quotable and punchlines more than Vector.

MI sat vector down and gave him life lessons exactly what you expect a mentor to tell his/her protégé.

So vector true fans tell me why you think His diss is the best

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef by immortalcrown(m): 9:07am On Oct 09, 2019
No man that reasons well will rate Vector higher than M. I.

Only those that act based on emotion and sentiment will doubt the fact that, at least for now, M. I. remains better and greater than Vector.

Vector may overtake M. I. in future. But until then, the chairman remains on the throne.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef by Tobinrobin(m): 9:31am On Oct 09, 2019
Vector’s got some really insane punchlines to be honest but M.I remains the best for me in rap in the whole of Africa sef.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef by airmark(m): 1:01am On Oct 12, 2019
Heywhizzy, drop MI's Viper's 5 top punchlines here. cheesy
Re: My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef by Adiwana: 10:55pm On Oct 12, 2019
Both diss songs were good but nothing great and fell short of what I really expected

Beef is probably my favorite M.I song and he did nothing compared to that.The whole J Cole "1985" song approach he took on the song wasnt really cutting it out for me.He basically rapped the whole topic over and over again just approaching each bit differently.He had content and words to say but didn't have the killer factor a beef should have.In the Beef song,he was concise and went for the kill.Rapping about Vector's ysg fight label fight wasn't something that wowed me from a "that's crazy" point of view

Vector on the other hand kinda went for the killer factor but lacked the guns and heart to pull the trigger.Was highly incoherent.Felt at times he was going to forget his lines.Lacked energy a diss track should have.Sounded a lil repetitive and was kinda bad in his rhymings.Was defensive rather than offensive.Could have done more in his pennings especially he wrote well on Brymo,Jesse Jagz exit topics.Had a lot to say if he had wrote well.His verses looked pale and a lil bit rushed.

Conclusion- M.I takes the lead but its not a battle that will turn many head especially if you are a core hiphop fan like myself that has listened to diss tracks from 2pac to Pusha T

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef by A40(m): 11:26pm On Oct 12, 2019
I'm happy my son is taller doesn't mean he won't doable.
Lool then Stylebender won and prostrated for his father the very next day grin grin

Roasting in your babes BQ.

As your head dey hot, got rid of nigga just like a weave.

Fans will demand that you revenge but will they crowd fund you when it's time to pay the rent

Not even top 5 from Yoruba land and ended it with CDQ.

My shares could help you feed your kids

This is for Airmark asking me about punchlines. Forget punchlines though. MI made the better diss record. No need for unnecessary salaye

1 Like

Re: My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef by airmark(m): 5:50am On Oct 13, 2019
A40:
I'm happy my son is taller doesn't mean he won't doable.
Lool then Stylebender won and prostrated for his father the very next day grin grin

This is the only outstanding punchline

A40:

Roasting in your babes BQ.

Woeful attempt to wordplay BBQ

A40:

As your head dey hot, got rid of nigga just like a weave.

It's harder to get rid of a weave. Why not a wig? Weak punchline

A40:

Fans will demand that you revenge but will they crowd fund you when it's time to pay the rent

This is not a punchline, a question that Vector replying yes will destroy

A40:

Not even top 5 from Yoruba land and ended it with CDQ.

This is not a fact as nobody in his right sense will rate CDQ,Olamide,Reminisce as better rappers.

A40:

My shares could help you feed your kids

This is ok

A40:

This is for Airmark asking me about punchlines. Forget punchlines though. MI made the better diss record. No need for unnecessary salaye

cheesy

You also know that MI didn't drop sh11t in punchlines. He just read a sermon littered with lies instead of facts.

At least you didn't drop that chicken wings nonsense line.
Re: My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef by airmark(m): 3:22am On Oct 14, 2019
Metaphor-draw
Opener- Vec
Punchline - Vec
Flows- M.I
Wordplay- Vec
Personals - Vec
Creativity- M.I
Multies /rhymes- draw
Closer- MI

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef by Ryocaj(m): 6:50am On Oct 14, 2019
Would av settled 4 a draw but immediately MI posted on twitter that in their 30s they shouldn't b leaking chats (Forgetting that he leaked The Purge) n d response of d fans using his lines on The Viper 2 haunt him with his fans doing little 2 defend him on his page.. n him unfollowing ppl.. un following Vector on Instagram n later following him back after deleting d chats.. I KNEW VECTOR WON THE BEEF.. AND HE DID THAT WITHOUT BEING IN THE VIPER MODE WE KNOW OR EXPECTED.. MI n his management played dirty with The Viper by revealing secrets in a bid 2 Kill Vector off.. But Vector beat them at their game n MI came on twitter looking for sympathy but ended up being bashed.. That Judas The Rat intro has taken over here o..ALAYE JOOR JOOR JOOR

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef by mindtricks: 11:45am On Oct 14, 2019
Kkings11:
NB: full disclosure I am an MI fan

Wether the beef is real or fake the thing is they both dropped awesome singles to make their point and the rest is now up to us fans (true rap fans) to judge them.

Now I rate rap songs(diss tracks) using 3 criteria

1) message readability : that is if the track was written as a letter and you were asked to read the letter to the recipient, would you be able to read the letter without cringing and thinking "wow dis guy talk sense oh".

2) Quotable lines: line's' as in plural. the amount of punchlines on the track or verse really matters.

3) rap flow: how the rap syncs with the beat

Vector in his verse wants to tell us he is angry but came out as bitter when he included us the fans (forgetting that some of us likes both their songs) and petty when he talked about MI's height AGAIN (funny? yes but come on look for something else) bringing it up in evry diss at mi.

Also Which ever verse you pick MI still has quotable and punchlines more than Vector.

MI sat vector down and gave him life lessons exactly what you expect a mentor to tell his/her protégé.

So vector true fans tell me why you think His diss is the best

Wonder what those who are core fans of both guys at the same time will have to say.
For me both guys make good music. Happy to have 2 new songs to add to my playlist.
End of story. Both should find a way to settle and carry on, life is too short.
Re: My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef by Ryocaj(m): 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2019
MI fans r so petty.. saying Vector came for MI's height.. Like we didn't envisage wat MI would talk abt in The Viper.. D YSG saga.. MI didn't get his facts right.. He didn't know Michael was d same person as Gidi.. his team ended up making him look stupid like At*ku..
Re: My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef by ELYMAXiimus(m): 12:17am On Oct 29, 2019
airmark:
Metaphor-draw Opener- Vec Punchline - Vec Flows- M.I Wordplay- Vec Personals - Vec Creativity- M.I Multies /rhymes- draw Closer- MI
Stop Dickriding grin
Re: My Personal Take On The MI And Vector Beef by airmark(m): 12:31am On Oct 29, 2019
ELYMAXiimus:

Stop Dickriding grin

I'm not a batty boy like you. grin

(1) (Reply)

Need A Co Rapper / Bjbroke Nairaland Battle Rap World Cup 2008 Edition . Entries Now Open / Free Stle Battle: With U If U Can

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.