Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage (4731 Views)

Kaduna Assembly Sets Up Committee To Probe El-Rufai / Port-Harcourt Serial Killing: Rivers Assembly Sets Up Committee To Curb It / BREAKING: Lagos Assembly Sets Up Committee To Probe Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Ase43322: 11:47am On Oct 09, 2019
See prove below
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by realstars: 11:48am On Oct 09, 2019
The last bill, no impact, this one too is nonsense.
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Happyguy201: 11:52am On Oct 09, 2019
lakesider:

idiot , if u have give , if u dont have dont come to social media to act like u are on good guy

see one of the hungry people i was talking about smh make una go find work na
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Happyguy201: 11:52am On Oct 09, 2019
jahsharon:

Since you have been going from thread to thread posting this family story of yours, kindly advice your begging family members to go and learn Yahoo Yahoo. They can do that for some months before EFCC fishes them out and jail them.

see one of the hungry people i was talking about smh make una go find work na
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by nauto6: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2019
Ok
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Okoroawusa: 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2019
PoliticalWitch:
Issues from this budget

1.Very very little for capital expenditure....a lot for recurrent. That means our civil service AND national assembly is bloated. The truth is, reducing either would lead to strikes, labour unrest, poltical unrest.

2.And the fact is, subsides, especially on power and petrol , are chopping a lot of the money

3.A good thing is that we now know VAT is going on educaiton, health and so on.

4.Bad thing...obvious that government is not too sure IF they can raise the money. Rasing the money for the last budget has proven to be problematic.

5.Oil was at $58 per barrel today. Our breakeven price is $140 per barrel. Meaning...we are losing $80 per barrel....so we are going to keep on borrowing and raisng taxes. Meanwhile, this might force some diversificaiton. (Sadly, I don't see the government enforcing diversificaiton in the economy. ).

6. What needs to be done then?

a) REMOVE FUEL SUBSIDIES. LET MARKETERS CHARGE THE PRICES THEY WANT . Yes, oil would shoot up to N300 and above per liter...but in return, we would get more refinereis, more infrastructure, and more revenue and jobs within the next 10 years. We would also have savings up to N2 trillion per annum.

b) CUT THE SIZE OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY . Italy is doing it. Why can't we.?

c) CUT JOBS IN THE CIVIL SERVICE. At the moment, it is bloated, and congested. And sucking money

d) Raise taxes. Toll gates for government roads . VAT

e) Really fight corruption.
I totally agree with you.

Don't think Buhari hasn't thought of it. He has but the consequences will be dire(opposition ,strikes, or even a revolution). Meaning, ifyou take the short cut, you get burnt.

So he is taking the long cut. One step at a time. He might not even be president anymore when we start yielding the fruits of all these reforms but am glad he has started.

My problem is Nigerians r not good followers. We forget that we r also part of government so we undermine the nation's growth by our actions n inactions.
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by amc: 12:22pm On Oct 09, 2019
Happyguy201:
I don't know whether this happens to anyone. People approach me these days asking me to buy food for them. Ladies, men and even children. I don't know what's happening

Good. God has chosen you to be a helper of many.
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by jadeliyi(m): 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
PassingShot:
At least we are sure that this budget will not be stolen like under Sarathief.

The greedy backstabber will be licking his wounds in one corner already.

That's how children of hate, frustration and anger (by their comments here, you can know them) can help you end your career if you allow them.
how possible could a budget be stolen??
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Royalfurnitures: 1:02pm On Oct 09, 2019
I'm sure they'd do a shoddy job just to impress the President and APC, that's why they put a rubber stamp leadership in place there

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2019
PassingShot:

That's how children of hate, frustration and anger (by their comments here, you can know them) can help you end your career if you allow them.
you bastard instigated the MODs to ban me right? I know this forum have been taken over by APC rogues like you. Seun is a sellout. Lalasticlala is busy looking for snake upandan. The idea of these forum has been defeated since. This is not the nairaland we use to have. You better tell your fucking MOD to ban me again because I have deleted the account and I will delete this one too. Koni da fun iyalaya e. Ode no seorire. Aiye e ma baje ni. Oloriburuku Omo ale Kati Kati. Aiye e ma ri bi ijoba buhari ni. Koni dafun Iwo ATI awon family ee. Oloshi omoale.
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by lugado: 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2019
perfect now if this budget is not executed in 2020, we want to see the next excuse
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by NwaliE01: 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2019
PassingShot:

Don't cry later when the strokes come
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by PassingShot(m): 2:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
Dreboss:
you bastard instigated the MODs to ban me right? I know this forum have been taken over by APC rogues like you. Seun is a sellout. Lalasticlala is busy looking for snake upandan. The idea of these forum has been defeated since. This is not the nairaland we use to have. You better tell your fucking MOD to ban me again because I have deleted the account and I will delete this one too. Koni da fun iyalaya e. Ode no seorire. Aiye e ma baje ni. Oloriburuku Omo ale Kati Kati. Aiye e ma ri bi ijoba buhari ni. Koni dafun Iwo ATI awon family ee. Oloshi omoale.
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, please do something
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by PassingShot(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2019
Dreboss:
This level of frustration is amusing really.
grin
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2019
PassingShot:

This level of frustration is amusing really.
grin
Thank God I don't live in thesame country with you dumb ass.
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by mercyviv(f): 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2019
PDP members in this national Assembly will just be feeling so useless.
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by surgical: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2019
PoliticalWitch:
Issues from this budget

1.Very very little for capital expenditure....a lot for recurrent. That means our civil service AND national assembly is bloated. The truth is, reducing either would lead to strikes, labour unrest, poltical unrest.

2.And the fact is, subsides, especially on power and petrol , are chopping a lot of the money

3.A good thing is that we now know VAT is going on educaiton, health and so on.

4.Bad thing...obvious that government is not too sure IF they can raise the money. Rasing the money for the last budget has proven to be problematic.

5.Oil was at $58 per barrel today. Our breakeven price is $140 per barrel. Meaning...we are losing $80 per barrel....so we are going to keep on borrowing and raisng taxes. Meanwhile, this might force some diversificaiton. (Sadly, I don't see the government enforcing diversificaiton in the economy. ).

6. What needs to be done then?

a) REMOVE FUEL SUBSIDIES. LET MARKETERS CHARGE THE PRICES THEY WANT . Yes, oil would shoot up to N300 and above per liter...but in return, we would get more refinereis, more infrastructure, and more revenue and jobs within the next 10 years. We would also have savings up to N2 trillion per annum.

b) CUT THE SIZE OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY . Italy is doing it. Why can't we.?

c) CUT JOBS IN THE CIVIL SERVICE. At the moment, it is bloated, and congested. And sucking money

d) Raise taxes. Toll gates for government roads . VAT

e) Really fight corruption.
you are working for the government, you guys don't need our permission to inflict more pains on us,cause that is what you do best,all problem have expiry date,this period is a passing phase,we will one day have a government that knows it's job , you guys will now see that government is not about inflicting pain on the masses
Even if the masses are to make sacrifices,it will be to a competent and sincere government who will deliver on its promises
The one that will not make the masses pay subsidy for it gross incompetence
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by GoldHorse(m): 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2019
That would be great!

No excuse for government be that on projects!
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2019
surgical:
you are working for the government, you guys don't need our permission to inflict more pains on us,cause that is what you do best,all problem have expiry date,this period is a passing phase,we will one day have a government that knows it's job , you guys will now see that government is not about inflicting pain on the masses
Even if the masses are to make sacrifices,it will be to a competent and sincere government who will deliver on its promises
The one that will not make the masses pay subsidy for it gross incompetence

1. Please if you know where they are taking recruits for government or for BMC , please tell me, I need the cash....I need to buy a Dell Inspirion urgente!

2.My opinions have been formed from reading, observing and thinking.

3.If you want a strong welfare state, you have to have the money to run a strong welfare state. Nigeria doesn't have the money....so hard choices must be made. Yes, our government is corrupt...but at some point this oil money won't be enough even for one state in Nigeria.
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by MrMoney55: 2:09am On Oct 10, 2019
my guy use ur brain what has Saraki has to do with this ur having a leader of the house whos under the armpit of executive and ur trying to insult who God has blessed tell one person in ur family who has grown to be senate president i could remember this was how you were insulting GEJ and now where is he ? 8th assembly has been adjudge as the best since inception on Nigeria current assembly why cant you for once praise good things young man you wont get any where in life the way ur thinking i swear if you continue like this this man is putting us in debt every day and taxing without thinking and ur here dancing without head
PassingShot:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Ikwerres And Ikas Should Be Excluded From Biafra Struggle. / CNN Reports On The #endsars Protest Currently Happening In Nigeria (Video) / Kano Embarks On New 3 Layers Flyover Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.