Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Nairalander Shared Photos Of Encounter With Apapa Gridlock - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairalander Shared Photos Of Encounter With Apapa Gridlock (453 Views)

Residents, Motorists Excited As Apapa Gridlock Eases Off / Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic / Apapa Gridlock Traps 50,000 Tonnes Of Cashew Nuts Worth ₦108b In Lagos Ports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Shared Photos Of Encounter With Apapa Gridlock by Gemid94(m): 3:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
It's been four months since the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo visited Apapa port with many Lagosians still anticipating to see the end to the gridlock that's become a major setback to the nation's economy.

According to some quarters, the coming of His Excellency to the area has since brought a bit relief to the residents and motorists who ply through the road on daily basis, not until recently where there seems to be a 'change of hand' as the situation is now becoming unbearable for road users especially workers who more often than not get to their places of work late.

I could vividly recall my encounter on the road recently where I had to trek many miles as a result of the bike I boarded that was struck in the gridlock. It was really an eyesore!

Many people stood still in the gridlock for hours as there was no way for free flow of both pedestrians and road users because of the heavy duty vehicles that were parked on both sides of the road.

Going by this backdrop, it's expedient to remind the authorities concerned to fasten their seat belts as delay might rather be dangerous, considering the haphazard effects of this issue at stake on the masses who now rely on the power of the pen to get their voice heard.

Inasmuch as we urge the government to do the needful, we should also ensure that we play our part as patriotic citizens of Nigeria by following the directives of the security operatives so as to have a free flow of vehicles in the affected areas.

Re: Nairalander Shared Photos Of Encounter With Apapa Gridlock by unohbethel(m): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2019
Hhmm
Re: Nairalander Shared Photos Of Encounter With Apapa Gridlock by unohbethel(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2019
Common small lagos, them no fit build roads everywhere....
Re: Nairalander Shared Photos Of Encounter With Apapa Gridlock by okefranci: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2019
The issue will be resolved soon as we all know that this present administration is working tirelessly to make sure that the grip is minimal or resolve totally

(1) (Reply)

Travel Advice Needed / Going To The UAE From Qatar For My Passport, Help!!! / China Visa Extension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.