Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,003 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

What Ebonyi Governor Said About Shooting Anyone Who Blocks His Convoy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Ebonyi Governor Said About Shooting Anyone Who Blocks His Convoy (609 Views)

Emeka Ihedioha And His Convoy Arrive Owerri In Style (Video) / Ajimobi: I Wish To Reach 70 Years Only - Ex-Governor Said In Throwback Video / Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Ebonyi Governor Said About Shooting Anyone Who Blocks His Convoy by Blue3k2: 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2019
PREMIUM TIMES has obtained the audio of the Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, where he called for the shooting of anyone who blocks his convoy.

The governor made the statement on Saturday while narrating how his convoy was blocked the previous night by mourners at a wake-keep in the state.

He spoke while receiving some guests at the State Executive Chambers in Abakaliki on Saturday.

The governor spoke on primary health care, training of teachers, security and other matters. Other officials of the state also spoke at the event.

Below is an abridged transcript of Mr Umahi’s speech, as well as the audio, focused on the part where he complained about his convoy being blocked and the need to shoot such people in future.

Transcript

Security are doing very well, Yesterday I was coming back by 12 midnight of course I had to stop at the college to inspect project and I am happy that I make some certain corrections and I took over some projects over there.

But when we got to Onitsha, they blocked the road.

Even with the litany of army and the police and everything, they did not even want to open the road. Then I said they should arrest all of them, but most of them ran away. But I think they even took a gun of an army officer.

So the chairman of local government and the house of assembly members and coordinators are working very hard, they are working all there to sort it out. But I said, all of them will go to prison, they will bring them here we will prosecute them and show example.

And I want it to be announced that henceforth, no wake keep should past 10 p.m., if it’s a law you want to make, if it’s a policy, if you must pass 10 p.m., then take written permission from chairman of local government and the person that requested will be held responsible if anything happens.

This should be widely circulated and properly announced. My problem is not that they blocked the governor, but my worry is supposing that it was a smaller person that was passing, who had no army and police, they would have robbed the person.

That’s what it means. The next time, the ADC should order for a shoot, it is very illegal to block a governor and if anyone should be killed in the process. It is in accordance with the law.

It is not me that’s the problem, it is the common man. Nobody should be oppressed and nobody should be denied his or her right.

Again I want to thank Ameachi, you have provoked our thoughts in term of how to take care of our downtrodden people, we will expand your scope and we will assist as much as you want us to do.

But I will drag you to my wife’s programme because I told her you will come.

Thank you

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/356479-what-ebonyi-governor-said-about-shooting-anyone-who-blocks-his-convoy-audio-transcript.html
Re: What Ebonyi Governor Said About Shooting Anyone Who Blocks His Convoy by paiz: 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
undecided
Re: What Ebonyi Governor Said About Shooting Anyone Who Blocks His Convoy by General0847: 4:41pm On Oct 09, 2019
See this Osu, power drunk goat. I pray he encounters armed fulani herdsmen soon then you will hear this Buhari apologist singing a different tune.
Re: What Ebonyi Governor Said About Shooting Anyone Who Blocks His Convoy by Cyberterror: 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2019
The army should release that vigilantee they caught. Umahi should talk to them to release him. That young man should be rehabilitated and given a fresh start. But Abakaleke people are naturally wicked so I won't be surprised if Umahi tells the soldiers to just waste him. Umahi has allowed the idea of 2023 presidency to enter his head. He will fall with a heavy thud.

1 Like

Re: What Ebonyi Governor Said About Shooting Anyone Who Blocks His Convoy by javaguru: 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2019
wow! So he actually said that
Re: What Ebonyi Governor Said About Shooting Anyone Who Blocks His Convoy by ChoCho54(f): 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2019
OP this news is 4 days old na. It was on fp.
Re: What Ebonyi Governor Said About Shooting Anyone Who Blocks His Convoy by gidgiddy: 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2019
Blocking someone on the road is not more than a traffic offense that attracts no more than a fine at a magistrates court.

But in Nigeria, people with power have decreed that the blocking of road is a major crime with killing people for.

This is how in 2016, the Shiites were said to have blocked the road to the chief of Army staff and the Army went and killed hundreds of Shiites in cold blood.

Now a sitting Governor is saying that he will kill people who block his way. Dave Umahi should know that he will not be in power forever. A time will come when the all the police and SS that are currently guarding him will be gone and that's when the common man will remind him of all the crimes he has committed against the Igbo nation

2 Likes

Re: What Ebonyi Governor Said About Shooting Anyone Who Blocks His Convoy by JonDon12: 7:30pm On Oct 09, 2019
Dave Umahi keeps on disgracing himself.

Ndi Igbo please let us stop selling our vote. It seems Stomach infrastructure is too prevalent in the east. This shows in the detoriating quality of our Governors. There is only one reason we are getting people like Okorocha and Umahi and that is vote selling.
Re: What Ebonyi Governor Said About Shooting Anyone Who Blocks His Convoy by Southsoul: 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2019
Re: What Ebonyi Governor Said About Shooting Anyone Who Blocks His Convoy by Annie939(f): 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2019
fear fear governor now you can talk this yeye governor that always go to Aso Rock every midnight to beg Buhariaa no wonder his wife keep flogging him every 5.am
Re: What Ebonyi Governor Said About Shooting Anyone Who Blocks His Convoy by Emyogalanya: 12:11am On Oct 10, 2019
Pls may i ask the following questions
1 which onitsha, the one in Anambra or where ?
2 government work close by 4pm what where you doing outside by 10pm
3 you want people Mourning to take permission where do fulani that kills people get their own permission so we too can go there and get
4 if its ordinAry person he would have been Robbed , do you even know the number of ordinAry men that have passed there before and after you? Why were they not Robbed, what are you really Afraid of ? Herdsmen ? Or just your own Shaddow?
5 which part of Nigerian law allows you to kill a Mourner ?

(1) (Reply)

APC, Elders Forum Kick As Ayade Enrols In UNICAL As Postgraduate Student / Breaking: Fire Ravaging Ochanja Market Onitsha,anambra State / Collation Officers For Kogi Governorship Poll Will Come From Outside, Says INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.