Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office (21922 Views)

Shehu Sani: What Yorubas, Hausas, Igbos Did When Abuja-kaduna Train Broke Down / Ajimobi: I Wish To Reach 70 Years Only - Ex-Governor Said In Throwback Video / Shehu Sani: What Death Of Ogbomosho Tortoise Means For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by sharpden: 11:25am On Jun 18, 2019
What ex-gov Dankwambo said about State Police while in and out of office – Shehu Sani

Shehu Sani, a former federal lawmaker has revealed what a former governor told him on the clamour for the establishment of State Police.

There have been calls by some state governors for the establishment of State Police in order to properly secure the lives and properties in their domain.

While some ethnic socio-cultural groups joined in calling for the formation of the force, others are against it insisting it will be a persecution tool in the hands of state governors who are expected to control it.

At the moment, the Nigeria Police under the control of President Muhammadu Buhari is the only civil force constitutionally mandated to prevent crimes and maintain public order.

Mr Sani who lost his re-election bid to return to the Nigerian Senate said the former governor had clamoured for the establishment of State Police while he held sway but has now kicked against it because he is out of office with fears that his successor will use it against him.

“A Governor from the North East personally told me last year that he wants State Police; Now that he is out of office and hunted by his successor, I called him last night and asked him again he said he has changed his mind,” the lawmaker said in a tweet on Tuesday.

Although no name was mentioned, POLITICS TIMES gathered that he was actually referring to Ibrahim Dankwambo, former governor of Gombe State.

Mr Dankwanbo who left office last month is the only former governor in the Northeast region that is being prosecuted by his successor.

The Gombe State Recovery Committee had last week summoned the former governor to appear before it and account for properties allegedly disposed off illegally by his administration.

Although, Bala Mohammed, the new governor of Bauchi, another state in the Northeast, vowed to probe his predecessor, Mohammed Abubakar, he is yet to do so as at press time.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/what-ex-gov-dankwambo-said-about-state-police-while-in-and-out-of-office-shehu-sani/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by festacman(m): 11:26am On Jun 18, 2019
The ironical conversations between Shehu Sani and the ex-governor underline the nutty issue that must be resolved before state police can be implemented: the likely abuse by State Governors. Coincidentally, it is the same 'Abuja politicians' who are often hunted down by their state governors that will amend the constitution to pave way for state police. So, it is still a long way to go.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by elotajohn1(m): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nigeria is the funniest place to live in.... No true federalism, no state police, corruption eruption, Inec server and stories, No Ministers, nothing nothing.
The only thing that works perfectly well in this Country is the Presidential Jet.
It doesn't break down nor runs out of service.

Meanwhile check my Signature

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by TheTourist: 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
grin
Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2019

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by livebyday(m): 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nigeria will be alright eventually

Don't worry

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by slack: 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2019
let them not work, be probing people

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by blackaxe78: 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2019
Shehu Sani suddenly became a Twitter ambassador.

He is overtaking Maurice Bruce.
Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by sevo(m): 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2019
Christains03242:
[sup][/sup]

Bros,I wan stake one of my kidneys....this country don tire me....how I go take do am??

First five comments....four different adverts and scammers.... See wetin Buhari don turn our youths to?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by tammie24: 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2019
Shehu Sani
The most reasonable northerner I have ever come across

4 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by blackpanda: 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nigeria is not ripe or mature for state police biko

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by Tanny8l: 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
Lol
Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by MrMumu: 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2019
See as adverts full this thread
Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by richiemcgold: 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
State police should not be ignored because of govs influence. Can't they be established & made answerable to the IG?

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by MrAnele(m): 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hmm
Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by Dee60: 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
festacman:
The ironical conversations between Shehu Sani and the ex-governor underlines the nutty issue that must be resolved before state police can be implemented: the likely abuse by State Governors. Coincidentally, it is the same 'Abuja politicians' who are often hunted down by their state governors that will amend the constitution to pave way for state police. So, it is still a long way to go.

True advocates of State Police would not ask for the Federal Police to be scrapped. They will complement themselves. Things like recovery of stolen cars, road checks, etc can be taken completely from NPF and left for State Police to handle, while NPF can be tasked with major crimes like terrorism, theft of National Treasury etc.

At any rate, when we say the Governors will abuse State Police, isnt the same abuse likely to happen or already happening at the Federal level?

With the rate of major crimes in Nigeria, we need to start thinking differently!

With LASTMA (which is a minor form of State Police) on Lagos roads, what is the business of NPF still controlling traffic or checking vehicle papers?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by Opinedecandid(m): 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2019
Don't mind them
Na demokrasie be that.
Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by KenOne: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2019
A typical PDP character. We all remember how they claim they loved Nigeria pre 2015 election, praised our, INEC, DSS and Marilyn Ogar DSS spokeswoman comes to mind, police, SARs and soldiers in combating Boko Haram, changed our national anthem and sang Nigeria good people great nation.

But post 2015 election all those institutions they hailed above became their enemies and most hated organization.

Ibrahim Dakwambo a former PDP governor his tenure ended just about 3weeks ago championed for state police when he was a governor, 3weeks after he was no more a governor has turned back to say no to state police.

This shows he had the intention of using the state police to witch hunt APC in Gombe.

Wike is the one heading the clamour for neighbourhood watch and state police, same Wike if he leaves office in 2023 will condemn this same neighbourhood watch and state police he's championing today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by poseidon12: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2019
blackpanda:
Nigeria is not ripe or mature for state police biko

But it is ripe and mature for ineffective Federal Police, right?

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office by Halo22: 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2019
Pls ur contact, cos I have someone who is suffering staph.
successking401:
Listen to me, you no longer have reason to complain of any infection.
for cure of any infection including staphylococcus aureus, contact me. don't die in silence.a word is enough for the wise. check my signature for contact
(N:B) No PM please. because I won't be able to to access the email.calls/text messages only
I also offers option for payment after treatment with terms and conditions

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal Court Declares Jerigbe Senator For Cross River North / Reno Omokri Taunts Peter Obi Over Mr Ibu’s Ailing Health / Federal Govt Declares May 29 Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.