Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Afaha-obong, Our Broken Jerusalem (season Four) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afaha-obong, Our Broken Jerusalem (season Four) (250 Views)

Road To Ikot Akpan Afaha, Palm Tree Plantation Site In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Obong Attah "It Is Well With My Soul" Book Launch: Udom, Oshiomole, Ngige Attend / Akpabio Visits Udoedehe And Obong Nsima Ekere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Afaha-obong, Our Broken Jerusalem (season Four) by ItoroUdotim(m): 12:00am On Oct 10, 2019
AFAHA-OBONG, OUR BROKEN JERUSALEM
(SEASON FOUR)

~Itoro Udotim

"JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Jews, Muslims and Christians pass daily through the gates of Jerusalem's Old City, on their way to and from prayers or simply to go about their everyday business in one of the most politically sensitive spots on earth"

The English translation of Jerusalem is home of the Lord, the courage to love and be united transcended generations. Afaha-Obong is considered here as a Jerusalem not because she has many religions, or perhaps religious believers, but simply because she is a mother that can never segregate anyone irrespective of their tribe, religion, ethnic nationality or political reasoning. Her canopy covers everyone who comes in contact with her.

Afaha-Obong clan remains the most populated political district in Abak Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, recognised for gallantry, fair democratic practice, upholding of our moral values and agriculture.

Generations have come and gone but Afaha-Obong is still considered as the mother of all other "AFAHAs" globally and the pride of Annang Land without arguments. Suffice it to say that love and unity has kept her as one sovereign indivisible entity and every generation has tried it best to make her the Afaha-Obong every other clan will contest to be like, but tears exudes uncontrollably from my eyes each time it occurs to me that fundamentally we are the cause of our unfinished problems, no wonder Nelson Mandela lamented that;
"Freedom is not by breaking of chains, but by love and respect we have for one another despite the colour of our skin". It saddens!

This present generation of Afaha-Obong believes solely in pull him down syndrome, smile with each other in the open but mercilessly planting machinators against the elevation of one another and voluntarily destroying one another's reputation in the secret, actions which narrowly serve as negative crucible entropies without considering the hazardable effects on posterity.

Observations in the character and behavior of our people in last few years has compelled me in my silent contemplations over the grandeur of life to wonder whether the Lord has left the home.

Some charlatan youths build their foundations on lies, blackmail, character assassination, and mobile gossiping just to be accentuated for crumbs in order to earn a living, they are arduously yearning for the establishment of taliban militia groups to blame the elders for their brain stagnancy.

It is so illusional to expect Afaha-Obong to become America overnight, when you are only seeking political opportunities to fight or revenge your presumed enemies with every arsenal available to you, thereby subjecting Afaha-Obong clan to a total ridicule, when you were supposed to be a vanguard for the redemption and total emancipation of Afaha-Obong and her children, instead you are happily lifting up trophies of hatred without conscience, dragging the name of God into hypocrisy forgetting that, it is boldly written in the holy book that; "God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man sow so shall he also reap".

If the Jews, Christians, Muslims and many more can pray in Jerusalem with love, respect and unity, what makes it so difficult for selves acclaimed elephants to conjoin for the progress of Afaha-Obong irrespective of political party affiliations rather than delving into a monumental war with one another and even recruit other innocent citizens into your evil plots to pull another down without doubt(s) creating life-time animosities for families on issues that will never follow you to your tombstones.

"And I ask what will this present generation of Afaha-Obong be remembered for?"

OUR BROKEN JERUSALEM NEEDS YOU AND I TO SURVIVE, NO STRANGER CAN!

SHE IS ALL WE HAVE!!

Re: Afaha-obong, Our Broken Jerusalem (season Four) by fabyom: 4:24am On Oct 10, 2019
Afaha obong community Grammar School was where I served! Wow!!

1 Like

Re: Afaha-obong, Our Broken Jerusalem (season Four) by Criticaltemp: 6:52am On Oct 10, 2019
I studied at queen of apostles seminary afaha Obong..

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Gives Reason For Her Long Absence From Aso Rock / Kogi: PDP To Clear Workers Salaries On Assumption Of Office-says It Set To Win / MURIC, CAN, These Two Have Lost Their Minds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.