Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

How To Grow Your Brand For Visibility And Influence - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Grow Your Brand For Visibility And Influence (320 Views)

Whatsapp And Facebook Market For Visibility / How To Win Clients And Influence The Market With SAP Security And GRC / Eight New Year Resolutions To Grow Your Savings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Grow Your Brand For Visibility And Influence by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 10, 2019
BRAND GROWTH, VISIBILITY AND INFLUENCE - ONE

THIS IS A 15 DAY THREAD

INTRODUCTION

What is Brand Visibility and Influence about?

Imagine nobody knows what Coka Cola is. That name would never have had a chance to be a household name here.

Every brand struggles to be seen. Not only to be seen but to be seen as the leading brand in it's niche.

Coka Cola, Bigi, Toyota, Mercedes name them. All of them want to be seen. So they struggle daily to stay top of mind, spending heavily on adverts.

This story is not any different for you as an individual brand. The success of your brand will depend on how many people you get to see, know and interract with your brand.

The more people you get to know about your brand, the more you build trust around it. But is not just about getting people really, there is more to it and that is where value comes in.

Value will determine whether they stay loyal to your brand or walk away. Value creates the perception that people carry and redistribute about your brand.

Why do I like Mercedes? I haven't used a Mercedes before but I have heard a lot about them, enough to make me desire owning one.

Personally, I don't feel any difference between Coke Cola and Big Cola but I prefer Coka Cola because of the perception must people share about it.

That perception sometimes is based on emotions. That is why Coke adverts target emotions, the chill feel that follows an ice cold bottle of Coke on a dry, thirsty day or the smiles shared during a party.

Visibility, value and perception gives your brand power to influence.

People follow you and listen to you because they have seen you, heard from you, heard about you, gotten value from you and have formed a perception about you.
Re: How To Grow Your Brand For Visibility And Influence by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 10:23am On Oct 10, 2019
Nice one OP. Are there more installments?
Re: How To Grow Your Brand For Visibility And Influence by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 10, 2019
Nigeriahomebiz:
Nice one OP. Are there more installments?

Thank you. Yes, more coming.
Re: How To Grow Your Brand For Visibility And Influence by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 10, 2019
BRAND GROWTH, VISIBILITY AND INFLUENCE - DAY TWO

POSITION YOUR BRAND FOR RECOGNITION.

Your social media profile holds a lot about you.

Haven't you heard the saying that social media is the new CV?
When I was working in Lagos, there came a time when we needed to take an extra hand into the term.

People applied for the position. We came to a point during the recruitment process when I was asked to check up their profile on social media.

Guess what, many of those who applied and even gone through the first stage of the recruitment process didn't have a social media profile that re-enforced what they claimed to be expert in.

If you call yourself an expert, your profile should showcase your expertise. Not the many things you do but the one thing you do.

Let's bring it back home and drill in a little deeper.

Imagine your page is a platform, a stage customized only for you. How will you use it?
Some people allow their pages especially Facebook to be used by others. People tag them to all sorts of strange post that they have no business with.

From time to time, I take a tour of profile of people why have sent me friends request before deciding whether to accept them or not, I am usually not surprised to see that some of them are not in control of their space.

If the first five posts on your wall are posts you were tagged in, shared or irrelevant posts, it is a good sign that you need to take control of your space.

Remember your brand shapes the perception people carry about it. Which means it is important that you set it up to create the right impression in the minds of your target audience.

What does your profile picture say about you?
What does your cover photo say about you or your brand?
What does you bio say?
What does your posts say you or your brand?

When I visit your space, will I be able to tell instantly what you (your brand) is about?

Your profile picture should be clean and professional. If you have to, visit a photo studio and take some nice shots.

Use your cover photo to showcase what you do, your services, products or a brief description of what you do. Use canva to create one or get a graphic artist.

Decide on one thing you know how to do well and focus on creating content around it and share daily on your space.

Go to page settings on Facebook and adjust the tag options so that friends won't take you on just any posts.

Have you ever wondered why there is usually an official presidential photograph? The picture of Buhari at the Ministry of Tourism is the same with the one in GT Bank.

It is called branding. It brings control and creates uniformity.

You must seek to create visual consistency with your brand visuals.
Use the same visuals across all your platforms including your website.

Tomorrow, I will show you how to create a powerful brand statement.

You can connect with me on Whatsapp, via the link - httpsit.ly/2VrItmR. I got something for you.
Re: How To Grow Your Brand For Visibility And Influence by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 13, 2019
BRAND GROWTH, VISIBILITY AND INFLUENCE - DAY THREE

WRITING YOUR BUSINESS DESCRIPTION

Writing a convincing business description, requires that you first have a good understanding of the service or solution you provide.

Not necessarily in terms of expertise but being able to say specifically what you do, how you do what you do, who you do what you do for and why you do what you do.

The WHAT (solutions, product or services), HOW (Process), WHO (Ideal customer) and WHY (Result).

Example:

Fashion designer
• What – corporate ladies wear
• How – make bespoke designer wears for ladies
• Who – CEOs and C-level ladies between ages 30 – 50
• Why – give them an elegant image that catches the eye

Your ideal customer avatar usually requires more than just age and class. It is always better to drill down to more specific qualities like gender, job type, income level, kind of job, where they leave, type of house - rented or owned, type of car, lifestyle, etc.

The fashion designer above could have something like this; Amaka is a single lady that needs to look corporate for work and official outings. She is between ages 30 and 55.
She is an executive-level employee or CEO of Clever Kernels. Amaka earns anything from 600k – 1.4m monthly. Lives in a very comfortable apartment in an uptown part of Lekki.
She loves to look confident and elegant in her outfit, instantly grabbing attention with her dressing.

Your business description should contain these three parts

1. Who you help (Customer)
2. Solution or Value you provide (Offering)
3. Result promised (Benefit)

Using a simple formula of X + Y = Z
Where X = who you help, Y = the solution(s) you provide, and Z = the result your solution promises to deliver-
We can then say, I help X (Who you help) to do Y (Solution or Value you add) so that Z (Result Promised).

My fashion designer friend above could say; “I help corporate ladies boost their confidence through bespoke designer outfits.” Or “I give corporate ladies that elegant look that makes them stand out and grab attention”.

She could even say “I will dress you up for that corporate event in style and elegance that command respect and attention”
The web designer can say “I will give your business the much-needed online presence through my unequivocal IT solutions” or
“I will help your business reach far and wide by giving you an online presence”

“Attention STARTUPS, the web design Guru wants to give you an irresistible online presence” – that sounds funny kind of but I think it will do well for more informal platforms like Instagram.

Hey! Be creative, dish it out and don’t be afraid to keep editing it until you think you got what you want.

(1) (Reply)

Embryology Trainee/intern / Codedklos / Please an option to choose Between EDUCATION and CAREER. Your Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.