Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? (6878 Views)

Aba Vs Abeokuta Development / Between Port Harcourt And Uyo Which Is More Beautiful / Aerial View Of New Abeokuta City Judiciary Complex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by Ratello: 3:51am On Oct 10, 2019
There was this debate started somewhere and sometimes ago about a certain city called Ilorin in Kwara State and the ancient city of Abeokuta in Ogun State on which of these two cities is more beautiful and well planned infrastructural wise. Ilorin boasts of an International Airport, Kwara hotel, flower gardens, Shoprite, one of the biggest central mosque, Kwara Stadium, famous University of Ilorin, International Central Diagnostic Laboratory, Agricultural training institute, Ganmo, Unilorin Radio station, well paved inter street road networks, Asa Dam, working street lights, organised transportation systems (Kwara Express), Tuyil Pharmacy, Songha farms, many more infrastructures and others too numerous to mention. Abeokuta on the other hand boasts of other numerous infrastructures like estates at Kuto, gateway hotel, famous Olumo Rocks, roads networks, cultural centre, etc

I am of the firm belief that those who have been to these two cities can testify with strong reasons which of these two cities is the best in term of aesthetic and structures. Please contributions with pictorial evidences and convincing remarks will be appreciated!
Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by plaindealer: 4:02am On Oct 10, 2019
Atiku brown envelop dom dry up, na silly internet comparison remain. Such his life. grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by Ratello: 4:41am On Oct 10, 2019
plaindealer:
Atiku brown envelop dom dry up, na silly internet comparison remain. Such his life. grin grin

At your age with too much suffering your god Buhari has brought upon you here you are still not learning but wasting away on top Atiku matter wey don make am for in life grin grin cheesy you never chop belleful oooo how much is a bag of rice now grin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by plaindealer: 4:54am On Oct 10, 2019
[s]
Ratello:

At your age with too much suffering your god Buhari has brought upon you here you are still not learning but wasting away on top Atiku matter wey don make am for in life you never chop belleful oooo how much is a bag of rice now

[/s]

Hungry atikuloser, the fact that you are hungry because you ran out of brown envelope doesn't mean other people are hungry and suffering like your poor arse.

poor thing, e go beta one day, just take heart.

grin grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by Ratello: 5:00am On Oct 10, 2019
plaindealer:

Hungry atikuloser, the fact that you are hungry because you ran out of brown envelope doesn't mean other people are hungry and suffering like your poor arse.

grin grin

Trying hard to be funny but crying inside due to extreme hunger. We warned you back then cheesy grin

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by Orjioorji(f): 5:18am On Oct 10, 2019
plaindealer:

grin grin

oga shut up you are hungry , a corporate begger like you, �

11 Likes

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by plaindealer: 5:34am On Oct 10, 2019
[s]
Ratello:
Trying hard to be funny but crying inside due to extreme hunger. We warned you back the
[/s]

grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 10, 2019
Ilorin city is more beautiful and organized

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by YorubaNinja: 5:57am On Oct 10, 2019
grin
Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by AgentNairaland(f): 6:40am On Oct 10, 2019
Only One Fly Over Bridge Is There In Ilorin While There Are Six Fly Over Bridges In Abeokuta. Maywhile, Abeokuta Branch Of Shoprite Arena Is Under Construction And It's The Largest In Africa After Completed.. Abeokuta Has Funnab One Of The Best University In Nigeria.. Note: Unilorin Is Dominated By Students From Other States Of The Federation

The Only Thing Abeokuta Is Lacking When Comparing With Ilorin Is International Airport

11 Likes

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by TheExecutioner: 7:42am On Oct 10, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by kilodegan: 8:03am On Oct 10, 2019
Have stay in both city, I give to ilorin

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by tillaman(m): 8:17am On Oct 10, 2019
I have stayed in both cities but I give it to Abk, Ilorin people don’t like non indigenes !
Abk has lots of places to explore and cool off

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by nlPoster: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2019
I'd say Ilorin from the little I remember, plus nl pictures.

Although I'm not familiar with Abeokuta, I've never been there as far as I know.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by nlPoster: 8:18am On Oct 10, 2019
tillaman:
Ilorin people don’t like non indigenes

Possibly true.
Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by tillaman(m): 8:20am On Oct 10, 2019
nairalandposter:

Possibly true.
its actually true I witnessed it firsthand
Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by nlPoster: 8:23am On Oct 10, 2019
tillaman:
its actually true I witnessed it firsthand

I have that impression but couldn't say for sure.
Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by sinceraconcept(m): 8:33am On Oct 10, 2019
Ratello:
There was this debate started somewhere and sometimes ago about a certain city called Ilorin in Kwara State and the ancient city of Abeokuta in Ogun State on which of these two cities is more beautiful and well planned infrastructural wise. Ilorin boasts of an International Airport, Kwara hotel, flower gardens, Shoprite, one of the biggest central mosque, Kwara Stadium, famous University of Ilorin, International Central Diagnostic Laboratory, Agricultural training institute, Ganmo, Unilorin Radio station, well paved inter street road networks, Asa Dam, working street lights, organised transportation systems (Kwara Express), Tuyil Pharmacy, Songha farms, many more infrastructures and others too numerous to mention. Abeokuta on the other hand boasts of other numerous infrastructures like estates at Kuto, gateway hotel, famous Olumo Rocks, roads networks, cultural centre, etc

I am of the firm belief that those who have been to these two cities can testify with strong reasons which of these two cities is the best in term of aesthetic and structures. Please contributions with pictorial evidences and convincing remarks will be appreciated!
Guy,you too dey localise Ilorin. So Tuyil pharmacy should be considered a monument in Ilorin? Agricultural training institute, Ganmo? What's so special? You should kuku include the secondary and primary schools
Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by nlPoster: 8:41am On Oct 10, 2019
sinceraconcept:
Guy,you too dey localise Ilorin. So Tuyil pharmacy should be considered a monument in Ilorin? Agricultural training institute, Ganmo? What's so special? You should kuku include the secondary and primary schools

He must have been looking at the infrastructure. Is this the place?

1 Like

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by theenchanter: 8:50am On Oct 10, 2019
AgentNairaland:
Only One Fly Over Bridge Is There In Ilorin While There Are Six Fly Over Bridges In Abeokuta. Maywhile, Abeokuta Branch Of Shoprite Arena Is Under Construction And It's The Largest In Africa After Completed.. Abeokuta Has Funnab One Of The Best University In Nigeria.. Note: Unilorin Is Dominated By Students From Other States Of The Federation

The Only Thing Abeokuta Is Lacking When Comparing With Ilorin Is International Airport
Nigerians and this stupid way of regarding flyover bridges as a development.

7 Likes

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by helinues: 8:51am On Oct 10, 2019
Sorry we are not in competition with any city..

The comparison is stale

1 Like

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by AgentNairaland(f): 8:57am On Oct 10, 2019
theenchanter:
Nigerians and this stupid way of regarding flyover bridges as a development.

Hmmmm so in ur village, flyover bridge is under development u can construct with token amount of naira abi

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by nlPoster: 8:58am On Oct 10, 2019
Ilorin is not as hilly as Abeokuta so the comparison is moot or perhaps misguided (Ilorin topography is the plains).

However, the OP is most likely referring to political clout, not necessarily aesthetics alone.
Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by theenchanter: 9:01am On Oct 10, 2019
AgentNairaland:

Hmmmm so in ur village, flyover bridge is under development u can construct with token amount of naira abi
flyovers are built where necessary, if it's not necessary... it becomes useless after being built.

But ur gloomy eyes and blocked brain won't make u know.. as long as u can fit anything into ur nonsense comparison.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by BuhariAdvocate: 9:01am On Oct 10, 2019
I weep for ogun state. Bad leaders is what they lack ogun supposed to be compare with cape town or Johannesburg...Especially with their proximity to lagos state.op please don't talk about Ilorin here There's no any opportunity there.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by tillaman(m): 9:02am On Oct 10, 2019
nairalandposter:

I have that impression but couldn't say for sure.
well a good example was when a friend and I wanted to start up a business there in Ilorin, we wanted to buy a land, we already reached a consensus only for the man and his kinsmen to start asking questions like what do you intend to do on the land, are you indigenes and other questions, the moment my friend told him what we wanted to do on the land which of course I believe is not the sellers business, just like a bread seller asking you what you intend to do with the bread you want to buy!
The man simply liaised with his folks and they said they don’t want to sell again that they will rather lease, we agreed to that only for them to say they are not selling again!
We later realised they stole my friends ideas, it was an elderly woman from Benin that told us that’s how they do in Ilorin
Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by AgentNairaland(f): 9:03am On Oct 10, 2019
In Addition To What I Said Above, Abeokuta Has The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Sub-Saharan Africa. AKA Bridge Of Confusion Which Make The City More Beautiful Than Ilorin..

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by helinues: 9:07am On Oct 10, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
I weep for ogun state. Bad leaders is what they lack ogun supposed to be compare with cape town or Johannesburg...Especially with their proximity to lagos state.op please don't talk about Ilorin here There's no any opportunity there.

Clowns have been ruling Ogun state for years.. I dont see Abiodun making much different cos he is too associated with his political folks ( which majority of them are for their selfish interests)
Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by nlPoster: 9:09am On Oct 10, 2019
tillaman:
well a good example was when a friend and I wanted to start up a business there in Ilorin, we wanted to buy a land, we already reached a consensus only for the man and his kinsmen to start asking questions like what do you intend to do on the land, are you indigenes and other questions, the moment my friend told him what we wanted to do on the land which of course I believe is not the sellers business, just like a bread seller asking you what you intend to do with the bread you want to buy!
The man simply liaised with his folks and they said they don’t want to sell again that they will rather lease, we agreed to that only for them to say they are not selling again!
We later realised they stole my friends ideas, it was an elderly woman from Benin that told us that’s how they do in Ilorin

You probably have to know people in order to do most things. Not uncommon in Nigeria especially.
Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by BuhariAdvocate: 9:16am On Oct 10, 2019
Last month i was in Abeokuta the state capital. With what I saw There's no government presence there. The roads is terrible.
helinues:

Clowns have been ruling Ogun state for years.. I dont see Abiodun making much different cos he is too associated with his political folks ( which majority of them are for their selfish interests)

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? by tillaman(m): 9:16am On Oct 10, 2019
nairalandposter:

You probably have to know people in order to do most things. Not uncommon in Nigeria especially.
that is correct

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Reassures Residents Of Safety / How FG Funnelled N155B To Phony Companies - Premium Times Report / The South West Is Homogeneous Only On Paper, How Many Ethnic Groups Are They?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.