Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Aba Vs Abeokuta Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Vs Abeokuta Development (3920 Views)

Aba Vs Ibadan Development / Ariaria Market, Aba vs Igbudu Market Warri. ( picture's) / Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by OFFICIAL336: 5:26pm On May 01, 2022
Aba, a city that was destroyed and razed to the ground during a 3-year deadly war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y39Pdt52Cc

This Video covers all parts of Aba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evphnbuGVYg

Aba city centre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ogjN0TQTY4&t=18s

Aba after heavy rainfall (busting the lies)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSl2qg6Zvtg
Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by OFFICIAL336: 5:26pm On May 01, 2022
Abeokuta, capital of a state that didn't see war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dfMRuBoFA0&t=19s

Where the rich live in Abeokuta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQfgoeFxScY

Abeokuta city centre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnDCVOaIX4I

Government House area, Abeokuta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zsSolR9I58
Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by D1official: 5:31pm On May 01, 2022
Canada with a population of about 38.1 million occupy a landmass of 9.9 million KM2(9 times bigger than Nigeria), yet Ontario and Toronto is way more developed than the entire Nigeria.

Just a word of knowledge to Afonja's that hide their rusted roofs and dilapidated villages on land mass!!.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by Afamsi: 5:34pm On May 01, 2022
The difference is clear. No compare SE with disgusting SW,,,, Lagos- the only state they can boast of sef was developed majorly by Igbos.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by helinues: 5:34pm On May 01, 2022
You people should know your set.

Ogun state land mass is a combination of 3 SE states and apart from that,

Tertiary institutions in Ogun state alone are more than all the tertiary institutions in all the 5 SE states

Industrial companies in Ogun state could be more than all the industrial companies in all the 5 SE states..

There are more but that 2 should just kill the thread.

Make una stop using una 2x2 land to be comparing any states in SW

15 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by Malory: 5:39pm On May 01, 2022
helinues:

Tertiary institutions in Ogun state alone are more than all the tertiary institutions in all the 5 SE states

Industrial companies in Ogun state could be more than all the industrial companies in all the 5 SE states..

Imagine what someone that was writing epistle for me is posting here. Typical Yoro Muslim mentality. What a dumb post

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by helinues: 5:41pm On May 01, 2022
Malory:
Imagine what someone that was writing epistle for me is posting here. Typical Yoro Muslim mentality. What a dumb post

I really don't know why some of you people always come online daily just to look for who to accuse, abuse and provoke deliberately. Like it stop making sense long time... Cos psychologically it will have effects on one's real life activity. To you lot's , its always we vs them that only exist on your mind not in real life.

If you are not fighting someone, you are accusing them , if it's not an individual, it would be region . Doing all this every blessed day on this forum. The proofs are just there in your comments history

Go and ask people before you the reason why they stopped this same act. Go to your comments history, read as a neutral person and ask if this kind of comments/activities can land you a decent job on this forum.

We all have woes, we all have problems, we all have issues, but to people like you, you want to come online to dump the aggression of whatever you are going through in real life which NL's have no clue about. Don't allow people to add to your headache.. Make your comments and waka so that sanity can be restored.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by OFFICIAL336: 5:43pm On May 01, 2022
helinues:

China land mass is bigger than Nigeria, yet China is more developed.

helinues:

Yet, SE is leading in law and medicine university enrollment.

helinues:

Another Yoruba lies.

Nnewi alone has more companies than Ogun and they are all indigenously owners.

Again, Main market Onitsha alone employs more people than all the industries in Ogun state.

helinues:

The two are all lies

helinues:

You mean big for nothing states?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by Malory: 5:49pm On May 01, 2022
helinues:

The advise is meant for you. No one likes you because of your antecedent of supporting this evil government so qiut chasing shadow

6 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by Tulsaguy: 5:50pm On May 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by Ibadanpikin: 6:09pm On May 01, 2022
helinues:

Cry cry baby.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by walefresh3(m): 6:15pm On May 01, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

China land mass is bigger than Nigeria, yet China is more developed.

Yet, SE is leading in law and medicine university enrollment.

Another Yoruba lies.

Nnewi alone has more companies than Ogun and they are all indigenously owners.

Again, Main market Onitsha alone employs more people than all the industries in Ogun state.

The two are all lies

You mean big for nothing states?
Oga ade u arre back with your official lies again... U are masercre in the other thread...
I go show u wotowoto for here with your dilapidated region your call city

4 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by helinues: 6:16pm On May 01, 2022
Ibadanpikin:
Cry cry baby.

The crying babies are actually those who inferiority complex won't just let them rest. Even upon how tiny their land is, they can't develop it but having derision thinking if developing other people's places.

Only Labourers develop other people's places without develop theirs. You guys should know that and have peace of mind

6 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by Ibadanpikin: 6:17pm On May 01, 2022
helinues:

The crying babies are actually those who inferiority complex won't just let them rest. Even upon how tiny their land is, they can't develop it but having derision thinking if developing other people's places.

Only Labourers develop other people's places without develop theirs. You guys should know that and have peace of mind
The truth is that most villages,towns and cities in sw look like 16th century pit toilets,with mud and brown roofs everywhere.All these due to poverty.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by walefresh3(m): 6:22pm On May 01, 2022
Ibadanpikin:
J
Bro see your suffer head city here below...
Fake eldorado u called a city...

3 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by Ibadanpikin: 6:37pm On May 01, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

Abeokuta city centre

CHAI who curse our yoruba people with poverty na.

2 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by Ibadanpikin: 6:42pm On May 01, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

Abeokuta city centre

Leodeking,flokii,mooh247 make una come see una New york city oo...
Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by Abagworo(m): 7:06pm On May 01, 2022
The truth is that Southeast is not as developed as other regions of Nigeria but we are deceiving ourselves with housing which is just one aspect of development. If you watch this thread and all the other threads it all boils down to comparing the type of houses in Southeast with that of other regions . The challenge of scarce land resources prompted the building of multiple floored residential buildings which appear beautiful on photos but are not as comfortable as bungalows in reality because 99% of them don't come with lifts and a good number don't even have water and steady electricity like typical Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by horsepower102: 7:15pm On May 01, 2022
Abagworo:
The truth is that Southeast is not as developed as other regions of Nigeria but we are deceiving ourselves with housing which is just one aspect of development. If you watch this thread and all the other threads it all boils down to comparing the type of houses in Southeast with that of other regions . The challenge of scarce land resources prompted the building of multiple floored residential buildings which appear beautiful on photos but are not as comfortable as bungalows in reality because 99% of them don't come with lifts and a good number don't even have water and steady electricity like typical Nigeria.

But the roads in the pictures that you posted are actually not bad.

Besides what state has steady electricity?

You are trying to sound neutral but you ended up not making any sense.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by lightskinnigga: 7:17pm On May 01, 2022
helinues:

ogun state is also bigger than New York

You guys on here are so unintelligent with your arguments..even a toddler would be more coherent

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by walefresh3(m): 7:19pm On May 01, 2022
Ibadanpikin:
The truth is that most villages,towns and cities in sw look like 16th century pit toilets,with mud and brown roofs everywhere.All these due to poverty.
Bro southeast lack proper infrastructures if compare to other southern region... U only see residential buildings as infrastructures... What about other things like good roads , ict, water, education and multinationals companies... Non of these are available in that dungeon call southeast....

Your purshasing power is very poor...
Igr poor
Gdp poor
Nothing is happening in that side of the country except sit at home other...

4 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by walefresh3(m): 7:22pm On May 01, 2022
horsepower102:

Bro that guy is stating the fact....
Nothing dey that side

1 Like

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by BKayy: 7:24pm On May 01, 2022
Abagworo:
For a building to have an elevator, it must be multi storey
For modern amenities to be introduced to a city, the city must have modern structures.

You can't be living in mud houses and claim that you are more developed than someone living in a block one.

According to all international views, residential buildings is a major criteria in determining the level of development in a city.
You just exposed your ignorance

You tried to do the old "I am political correct if I am against my people even though they are right" but you forgot the generation you are doing it in. This kind of self hate is outdated

Your opinion is total fallacy.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by Abagworo(m): 7:26pm On May 01, 2022
horsepower102:

horsepower102:

That's the main Aba city but outside the city are even larger cluster of 4 floor and 5 floor buildings in several thousands with very bad and filthy roads. I'm not trying to sound neutral as you may think but development is beyond multiple floor buildings. I can't even live in them cause I prefer at most 2 floors or bungalow with space. Owerri for example is my favorite city and it is mostly built with duplex unlike Aba and has a lot of space and vegetation to breathe with better access roads and water. Why Southeast is the least developed is because we lack basic infrastructure more than others and we generate less income than other regions. I believe it is a systemic marginalization but was balanced out by mass outward migration. Compare Aba and Owerri

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by BKayy: 7:27pm On May 01, 2022
I blame "not travelling" to the ignorance the south Western folks have about Igboland.

Apart from Lagos, no place in SW can hold a candle to anywhere in Igboland

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by BKayy: 7:31pm On May 01, 2022
Abagworo:

That's the main Aba city but outside the city are even larger cluster of 4 floor and 5 floor buildings in several thousands with very bad and filthy roads. I'm not trying to sound neutral as you may think but development is beyond multiple floor buildings. I can't even live in them cause I prefer at most 2 floors or bungalow with space. Owerri for example is my favorite city and it is mostly built with duplex unlike Aba and has a lot of space and vegetation to breathe with better access roads and water. Why Southeast is the least developed is because we lack basic infrastructure more than others and we generate less income than other regions. I believe it is a systemic marginalization but was balanced out by mass outward migration. Compare Aba and Owerri
@Emboldened is what this young man wants.

One thing with self hating people is that they destest and despise seeing their people work as one.

What this young man wants is for us to start comparing with ourselves.
He wants an Aba vs Owerri
Enugu vs Onitsha scenario.

He detests that we are challenging the fallacy heaped on the Igbo nation as one voice.

Pathetic

8 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by lightskinnigga: 7:32pm On May 01, 2022
walefresh3:

Bro southeast lack proper infrastructures if compare to other southern region... U only see residential buildings as infrastructures... What about other things like good roads , ict, water, education and multinationals companies... Non of these are available in that dungeon call southeast....

Your purshasing power is very poor...
Igr poor
Gdp poor
Nothing is happening in that side of the country except sit at home other...
wch infrastructure is lacking in the east?

Is it only govt that provides infrastructure?

All south east states are in the top 10 highest gdp in Nigeria..
No region can boast of such in Nigeria

Here’s your Abeokuta

Una too dey backward abeg

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by Abagworo(m): 7:35pm On May 01, 2022
BKayy:

For a building to have an elevator, it must be multi storey
For modern amenities to be introduced to a city, the city must have modern structures.

You can't be living in mud houses and claim that you are more developed than someone living in a block one.

You tried to do the old "I am political correct if I am against my people even though they are right" but you forgot the generation you are doing it in. This kind of self hate is outdated

Your opinion is total fallacy.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

There is no politics worse than self deceit. Your statement about mud houses still proves my point that your definition of development is based on houses alone which is flawed. Is Aba more developed than Port Harcourt?

1 Like

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by lightskinnigga: 7:38pm On May 01, 2022
Abagworo:

There is no politics worse than self deceit. Your statement about mud houses still proves my point that your definition of development is based on houses alone which is flawed. Is Aba more developed than Port Harcourt?
now i see why chino was dealing with you back then.

What a shame

5 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 01, 2022
helinues:
[s]You people should know your set.

Make una stop using una 2x2 land to be comparing any states in SW[/s]

I keep educating you illiterate Yorubas that landmass is never a yardstick when measuring development! How big is Mauritius? Small. How big is Mauritania? Big, yet the big one is far behind in all indices of development.

Niger state alone is as big as the entire SW put together, so what's your point?

You guys should hide your faces in shame that Aba, a non state capital is far better than Abeokuta, the capital of a state bordering Lagos!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by BKayy: 7:44pm On May 01, 2022
Abagworo:

I am not here for politics since your own definition of politics is how well you insult, divide and disgrace your own nation because you think that by doing so you will get the approval of another nation

With all due respect and no offense intended, You are worse than an animal that defactes where it eats

I know that you have been oriented to believe that the only way an Igbo person will be accepted by Nigerians in Nigerian politics is if he proves practically that he himself depise the Igbo nation he comes from, but let me tell you the truth, in the eyes of those Nigerians you insulted your nation for, you are nothing but a goat to be used and thrown away.
You lose both ways.

Now back to development. So according to your fallacy to spite the Igbo nation, you want us to believe that investors and entrepreneurs will choose to solve a problem facing a mud house town to that of a block one.
For what reason if I may ask?
To prove what exactly?

Incase you don't know, the type and how modern the average residential buildings in a city shows how developed it is.
You can't expect someone living in a mud house to have modern amenities.
I believe that in your bid to rush and castigate the Igbo nation you failed to realise this simple fact or maybe, you missed it in your economics classes in secondary school

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Abeokuta Development by Lionnation: 7:45pm On May 01, 2022
This thread is to show people that aba is even better than where they currently live, those who haven't been to aba before or may be they went to ariaria makt and left and be shouting aba is dirty aba is bad

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari To Attend AU Summit In Niamey, Niger Republic / Omo Tinubu Mean Business Ooooo / Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.