Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,088 members, 7,828,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? (1141 Views)

Political Stunt! Meet Mallam Nuhu Ribadu The Herdsman (PHOTOS) / Photos: Meet Mallam Nuhu Ribadu The Herdsman / Buhari Withdraws From Presidential Race; Backs Mallam Nuhu Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by BigB11(m): 1:58am On May 20, 2007
Govs, others plot Ribadu’s ouster from govt - Launch media war against him

PLANS are afoot to edge out the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, from the corridors of power, Sunday Tribune can report.

According to investigations, a cabal, which comprise notable state governors and some key presidential candidates, has perfected plans to launch anti-Ribadu campaign to make him unsuitable for the incoming cabinet to be formed by the president-elect, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.

The anti-Ribadu mood of the cabal is based on the danger which his continued existence in government pose for government officials, state governors and others whom the EFCC had marked for arrest on charges of corruption.

The EFCC boss had before now been reiterating that none of the government officials investigated for alleged corrupt practices would go scotfree, an indication that the EFCC would effect their arrest at the expiration of their constitutional immunity by May 29, 2007.

The EFCC is said to have already placed some state governors under surveillance to prevent them from escaping abroad at the expiration of their tenures, a move aimed at making them answerable to the charges against them.

Against this background, a pressure group set-up by the cabal has been advising the president-elect and his close confidant not to reckon with Ribadu in the scheme of things ahead of the next cabinet formation.

It is not certain whether Yar’Adua had bowed to pressure to dispense with Ribadu, but Sunday Tribune can report that the cabal is behind media campaigns about Ribadu being named as a possible Inspector General of Police.

The motive of the media campaigns, was to create anti-Ribadu sentiment within the Nigerian police and deliberately pitch the top officials of the police against him.

Sunday Tribune learnt exclusively that the planted media war against Ribadu had started generating ill-feelings within the police circles in view of the loud murmurs by some officials that Ribadu can never be the Inspector General considering his limited qualifications.

To further dent the image of Ribadu before the president-elect, the cabal was said to have recruited ex-police officers and retired Generals to launch heavy campaigns of calumny against him in the media and within the relevant circles.

Meanwhile, a group known as Northern Coalition for Democracy and Justice had hinted that Ribadu may not survive the onslaught against him going by the manner of underground campaign to render him ineffective in the next political dispensation.

The Secretary General of the Group, Mallam Umar Farouk told Sunday Tribune in Abuja that the North was getting accustomed to the impact of the anti-corruption crusade and, hence, would not want the EFCC to be phased out by the next civilian government.

The northern youths, however, admonished the president-elect to be wary of the encroachment of sycophants on his authority, stating that he should use his wisdom to determine whether Ribadu is good for anti-corruption crusade or not.

He said,” since the present civilian government introduced the anti-corruption crusade, we in the North have known the difference because the crusade has encouraged our state governments to be accountable. For this reason, we will do everything possible to encourage the president –elect to retain the crusade.

“Nobody is saying that the president-elect should make Ribadu a minister, but if it pleases him that he should continue to man the EFCC, so be it. Otherwise, let him appoint somebody capable enough to continue the crusade”.

http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link=%22http://www.tribune.com.ng%22
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by BigB11(m): 2:13am On May 20, 2007
As much as I was vigorously against EFCC selective operations, I still think Ribadu is an incredible Nigerian, who is determined to see our nation to rise up once again.

And now that OBJ is leaving, I have confidence that Ribadu will be a complete asset to our great country.

I say, keep him around.
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 10:58am On May 20, 2007
hmm see who is talking let be sincere if he is selective then he is not fit. when the like of iginedion, akala, adedibu, bode george, aneni, and all the big shot of pdp are strolling around free i dont think we need such crusade please let that seat be for some one who will not be selective i beg
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by degoat: 10:53pm On May 20, 2007
Ribadu - OBJ = success
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by 9ja4eva: 2:10am On May 21, 2007
LOL

Good equation bt den

BUSHFELLOW:

hmm see who is talking let be sincere if he is selective then he is not fit. when the like of iginedion, akala, adedibu, bode george, aneni, and all the big shot of pdp are strolling around free i don't think we need such crusade please let that seat be for some one who will not be selective i beg

I second
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by BigB11(m): 9:33pm On May 25, 2007
The true rise and fall is being witnessed once again.

Unbelievable.
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by Mamajama(m): 9:40pm On May 25, 2007
THEY can talk all they want, RIBADU is not going any where, infact he will be one of the VITAL part of the NEXT administration, MARK my WORD
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by Bankole01(m): 10:11pm On May 25, 2007
Obasanjo created this problem for Ribadu by:
1. Using him to prosecute a political agenda and vendetta

2. By promoting him above his peers and seniors, OBJ created enemity for him

As a law enforcement officer, I know what we have to do to get promoted. We have to study like crazy and take exams.
If you pass the test, then you go to an assesment testing in front of officers and civilians (sometimes) where you get grilled for three hours. Then you have an interview with the division chiefs. Only after then do you get promoted and everyone will know you have earned it.
the arbitary promotions he got, created low morale in a force reeling from bad public image.

Ribadu although a good officer, allowed himself to be used in a bad way. He has to go, for his job is done. He is a political officer!!!!!!!!
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by saintchux(m): 10:39pm On May 25, 2007
Bankole01:

Ribadu although a good officer, allowed himself to be used in a bad way. He has to go, for his job is done. He is a political officer!!!!!!!!

hmmmmm
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by smile4kenn(m): 4:13am On May 26, 2007
RIBADU MUST GO AFTER MAY 29, HIS JOB IS DONE,
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by Mamajama(m): 10:31am On May 26, 2007
ALl the people saying RIBADU must go are yahoo boys or criminals, they have been criple by RIBADU, noiw they want to waste the guy. The only man that is fighting corruption and helping to build Nigeria
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by angel101(f): 7:10pm On May 26, 2007
i hope ribadu stays and is allowed to do his job
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by nigeria1: 7:23pm On May 26, 2007
Those northerner that want Nuru Ribadu gone, are the enermy of Nigeria,  Look we have to be accountable,  How long we nigerian continue to steal from govt,  I am sorry,  I do know Nuru have is problem too,  considering Nigeria difficult stage,  but all this thieves calling themself politician need to go.  Govt is about serving the people,  All this money they have all collect,  We they carry it to their gravel,  Look only a foolish man want alot of money to please himself,   Having alot of money is headache,   Look I wake up peaceful and can decide I want to travel to anywhere at peace,  I have been to over 10 countries of the over 50 countries I do not need visa for,  I just walk in and nobody ask me any question or find any bad record,  because i did not steal anybody money,  I work hard,  So let Nigerian start working hard,
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by BigB11(m): 9:16pm On May 26, 2007
Now that OBJ will be gone in few days, I hope Nigerians will forgive Ribadu and allow him to show us what he can do.

I still think he's a fine Nigerian who has a lot to give our nation, but we must first forgive him for being selective and not doing his job appropriately.

I say bring him back, but not to retain the same position.
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by BigB11(m): 11:58pm On May 26, 2007
I change my mind.
Ribadu can come back as the head of the EFCC with a condition "his first project as the EFCC's boss is to probe and investigate OBJ; without this condition", Mr. Ribadu can go back to his village.
Re: Is This The End For Mallam Nuhu Ribadu? by 9ja4eva: 11:48am On May 27, 2007
Good Condition but it cant happen now.

(1) (Reply)

Hi Everyone I Got This 419 Mail In My Inbox Yesterday. / South African Ship Union Stops Chinese Arms Shipment To Zimbabwe / Abdulmutallab: Yemen Places Embargo On Visa For Nigerian Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.