Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Help: Married In Diaspora - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: Married In Diaspora (5158 Views)

More Than 200,000 Children Married In US Over The Last 15 Years / 6-Year-Old Brother And Sister Twins Are Married In Buddhist Ceremony In Thailand / 53-Year-Old Lady Who Got Married In 2014 Welcomes A Bouncing Baby Boy (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: Married In Diaspora by saucecode(m): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2019
Vyolet:
Meanwhile, OP, this just made fp, awon team foreign women cheesy
Try comot for your village and come out here make you see enough naija boyz rolling with sexy white puccies cheesy
Re: Help: Married In Diaspora by yeyeosoronga: 10:25am On Oct 19, 2019
saucecode:

Tell this to your fellow womens, the rate at which dem dey wear oyibo hair and turn skin to by force yellow is nothing compared to the men Wey dey hussle kpali. Relax cheesy
All of una dey guilty of this self-hate, iz not today

Nigerian women wear hair whether braids, natural afro wigs, oyibo hair wigs, dreadlocks etc. They do it to
1. Change their looks depending on their mood- rasta today, braids tomorrow, oyibo hair next, afro wigs next or even their own natural hair. They are generally highly fashionable and explore different styles. It becomes a problem only it you must have oyibo hair/wig on you. Our foremothers have been using thread, wool on their hair since time immemorial
2. Wigs are protective of your hair, and allows it to rest from the braiding, carrying it natural and combing/styling it everyday etc.
Those are really genuine reasons Nigerian women wear different styles.
Other reasons which are stupid imo
3. Peer pressure
4. Self hate because they feel their hair is not beautiful on them. These ones will rather die than be seen in their natural hair. They can't even allow you see their hair plaited under the wig.
5. etc

I wish we could continue this discussion, but I really have to leave NL now. It can be sooo distracting and I have a lot to do right now...

2 Likes

Re: Help: Married In Diaspora by yeyeosoronga: 10:28am On Oct 19, 2019
Vyolet:
Meanwhile, OP, this just made fp, awon team foreign women cheesy

Beht why naaa... cheesy cheesy grin

I need to leave NL for the whole of today plsss... No more mentions pls in the name of obatala

Re: Help: Married In Diaspora by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 19, 2019
You're an example of an illegitimate hustler, not a legitimate one.

Beverlypie:

Jah bless .... U said the mind of all legitimate hustling brothers... marriage is actually a risk irrespective of who u marry...... but if sex is the only thing the woman wanna bring to d table, then the man should be ready to be a double looser except if he’s born with a silver spoon.

4 Likes

Re: Help: Married In Diaspora by saucecode(m): 11:02am On Oct 19, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

Nigerian women wear hair whether braids, natural afro wigs, oyibo hair wigs, dreadlocks etc. They do it to
1. Change their looks depending on their mood- rasta today, braids tomorrow, oyibo hair next, afro wigs next or even their own natural hair. They are generally highly fashionable and explore different styles. It becomes a problem only it you must have oyibo hair/wig on you. Our foremothers have been using thread, wool on their hair since time immemorial
2. Wigs are protective of your hair, and allows it to rest from the braiding, carrying it natural and combing/styling it everyday etc.
Those are really genuine reasons Nigerian women wear different styles.
Other reasons which are stupid imo
3. Peer pressure
4. Self hate because they feel their hair is not beautiful on them. These ones will rather die than be seen in their natural hair. They can't even allow you see their hair plaited under the wig.
5. etc

I wish we could continue this discussion, but I really have to leave NL now. It can be sooo distracting and I have a lot to do right now...
Lol, see how you are coming up with reasons trying to defend self-hate in women. My dear self-hate manifests in many different ways.
The naija guys you ladies are laughing at for doing what they have to do to get their families out of poverty have nothing on the majority of naija girls and women who want to behave, dress, talk, and act like whitey. cheesy
All of una Na the same boat & hypocrisy is explaining away one gender while making fun of the other.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Married In Diaspora by Beverlypie: 1:20am On Oct 20, 2019
The level of hatred and bitterness from some girls on this forum is highly disturbing, do you know u can read and just follow the thread without commenting if u’ve gat no clue about the subject matter..... u will learn more when u listen more and speak less.....

Why do you have to be so hateful of someone u know nothing or little about because of their choice of a partner ? Isn’t it about time we learn to respect people’s decision. I’m beginning to question the age bracket of most girls on this forum..... if u have so much hatred for your Nigerian men then marry a fellow woman abi?
Unfortunately most of these girl can’t even hold a meaningful convo for 5 minutes in real life.

I have read people saying I don’t have control of my wages or she doesn’t want to have my baby and shits like that. Where in the write up did u read that.?

I have female friends from other African countries and I can honestly say their reasoning is abit different

I’m not trying to disrespect anybody, I respect the few hardworking Nigeria ladies out there. Who are good wife, partner and mothers...

Most white ladies will choose to keep a pregnancy from broke boyfriends or even a one night stand and become a single mom. Whereas some of u ranting here have aborted several times for your Alhaji, chiefs, yahoo boys,pastors and even long time boy friend just because u hoping for a richer guy or because u don’t want to suffer with him. Only a tiny proportion of white ladies will do that. And that’s why we still appreciate their honesty and would marry them anyday.

When I met my wife, I was a struggling final year University student. She loved me for who I was and not what I had. Whereas my long time Naija babe had just broken up with me because of a 2k BBM subscription. Today by the grace of God, I can give out a car without thinking twice and do u think I have any regret about the decision I made several years ago?. Absolutely ‘NO’.
My advise to fellow Naija brothers is to be smart and go for whatever is more promising.

I’ve picked up my answers from the meaningful comments...,, and thanks to everyone who had taken the precious time to say meaningful things here.

4 Likes

Re: Help: Married In Diaspora by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 20, 2019
I often laugh when I hear people saying team foreign ladies, Nigetian ladies even though there are no perfect like we men, it's way better than foreign ladies. They dknt share the same mindset with us. You are at her mercy bro. Good luck to you. All that glitters isn't gold, plus she has the law at her side also.

5 Likes

Re: Help: Married In Diaspora by saucecode(m): 9:48am On Oct 20, 2019
Beverlypie:
The level of hatred and bitterness from some girls on this forum is highly disturbing, do you know u can read and just follow the thread without commenting if u’ve gat no clue about the subject matter..... u will learn more when u listen more and speak less.....

Why do you have to be so hateful of someone u know nothing or little about because of their choice of a partner ? Isn’t it about time we learn to respect people’s decision. I’m beginning to question the age bracket of most girls on this forum..... if u have so much hatred for your Nigerian men then marry a fellow woman abi?
Unfortunately most of these girl can’t even hold a meaningful convo for 5 minutes in real life.

I have read people saying I don’t have control of my wages or she doesn’t want to have my baby and shits like that. Where in the write up did u read that.?

I have female friends from other African countries and I can honestly say their reasoning is abit different

I’m not trying to disrespect anybody, I respect the few hardworking Nigeria ladies out there. Who are good wife, partner and mothers...

Most white ladies will choose to keep a pregnancy from broke boyfriends or even a one night stand and become a single mom. Whereas some of u ranting here have aborted several times for your Alhaji, chiefs, yahoo boys,pastors and even long time boy friend just because u hoping for a richer guy or because u don’t want to suffer with him. Only a tiny proportion of white ladies will do that. And that’s why we still appreciate their honesty and would marry them anyday.

When I met my wife, I was a struggling final year University student. She loved me for who I was and not what I had. Whereas my long time Naija babe had just broken up with me because of a 2k BBM subscription. Today by the grace of God, I can give out a car without thinking twice and do u think I have any regret about the decision I made several years ago?. Absolutely ‘NO’.
My advise to fellow Naija brothers is to be smart and go for whatever is more promising.

I’ve picked up my answers from the meaningful comments...,, and thanks to everyone who had taken the precious time to say meaningful things here.
Baba don vex. See leave these chics and do you, try to sort out your home. Nothing dey hapen

1 Like

Re: Help: Married In Diaspora by healthserve(m): 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
Beverlypie:

Well said. Allow me recommend Quora for you whenever you need great counsels in the future.
Re: Help: Married In Diaspora by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
pcguru1:
I often laugh when I hear people saying team foreign ladies, Nigetian ladies even though there are no perfect like we men, it's way better than foreign ladies. They dknt share the same mindset with us. You are at her mercy bro. Good luck to you. All that glitters isn't gold, plus she has the law at her side also.

You can do anything just to be in the good side of the women in this forum. Stop typing nonsense everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Help: Married In Diaspora by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 20, 2019
Beverlypie:

I agree.
Re: Help: Married In Diaspora by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
Elder010:

You can do anything just to be in the good side of the women in this forum. Stop typing nonsense everywhere.

This one na idiot. I am talking about how the reuppercussion when it goes bad. I'm talking about what has happened to my friends. You think say na childplay dealing with child support and US government issues. Which African man gets kicked out of his own house in Nigeria ? Pls tell me. Mr western worshipper.

5 Likes

Re: Help: Married In Diaspora by Nikkol: 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2019
Beverlypie:

By this submission you just showed a part of what you are made up of.....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Complicated Nanny Issues; Candid Advise Needed Urgently. / What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? / Love And Mercy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.