Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (42524 Views)

Mutual Funds / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Nobody: 2:56am On Jun 12, 2008
from the little research I've conducted so far on and off-line ASSET AND RESOURCE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY (ARM) fund managers looks like my best bet of breaking into investments on a small scale. hope i don't regret if/when i eventually sign up.
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 15, 2008
afam1:

@bollingjoe

the dividend will be used to buy more units for you as an investor,there by making u have more units in your investment portfolio.

@afam1

i read somewhere that "a good mutual fund should beat, or at least keep up with the All-Share index", and else where that "The IBTC Nigerian Equity Fund: The Investment Banking and Trust Company (IBTC) fund has consistently outperformed the NSE All Share Index (ASI) for long periods." what do you have to say about this in relation to Asset and Resource Investment Management Company (ARM) mutual funds?
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by afam1(m): 7:48am On Jun 16, 2008
@ trae_z

kindly go to www.arm.com.ng/agf. this will guild u accordingly as regards ur question onNSE ALL SHARE INDEX
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Joshcoli(m): 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2008
Hello everybody whats happeing shocked, Mr Afam you said Aggressive is more yeilding but from my study its like they are all the same, even my discovery fund is yeilding more fund than the aggressive its better i put more fund on the discovery than the aggressive, and whats happeing to all the funds anyway angry my fund should remain the way it is than falling, in fact to be sincere i have lust more than 65 thousand honestly, well you guys should invest our money wisely, am planning if it grows back a little i will withdraw everything, i mean everything
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by afam1(m): 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2008
@Joshcoli ,

well, i must commend ur post.

fisrt of all,u must not forget that the bases of investing in the aggressive or disocvery fund is the capital mrkt,becos the 2 funds have an equity percentage holdings in the nigeria capital mkt.furthermore,u and i know well that the capital mkt has been bearish since january this year and stock prices are still falling,but all the same it is a good time to buy,so that when the stock mkt experiences a bullish look u can make the kill you require.

cheers.
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Joshcoli(m): 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2008
Hello Mr Afam, well the fund is really doing great cuz the fund prize is really depreciating badly but i beleive this is a good time to buy well i just added to tell you that i am still with you guys, but at your financial year report will it appreciate more than the prize it is at today because the loss is becomming too much, i mean too much and when is the financial year report for both discovery and agf
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by ernal(m): 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2008
@ Josholi

I think Afam is right,if i were u and i have funds,i will rather buy more now.

I got into discovery when it in 2006 when it was N160.78 brought N10,000.00 worth for 62.1967 units,so in less than 2 years it has doubled,but hey the NSE is bearish now. I think the unit sell for N293.00 now while i still brought at a High of N338.0 in March 2008,so if you not worried the Fund will do well,just think Long term and if you need to redeem some of your units,sell the Units you brought at Lower prices that have satisfied your invetsment needs and keep the rest to grow.My Thots.
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Joshcoli(m): 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2008
@ ernal

i just hope cuz i saw an headline in the news paper that "The capital market will soon crash? no it wont" what if the capital market finally crash what will happen to our cash, Another Niger stuff and at what prize did you buy and whaty was the financial year report
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by ernal(m): 7:38am On Jul 02, 2008
The Market wnt crash,the market just went through some correction.If you are a long termer and you know uur entry and exit point,u won really be bothered,so be calm
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Joshcoli(m): 10:17am On Jul 04, 2008
Hey i'm calm, but its just that the loses were just too much, but there was a little boost today of about 20k plus so guys relax,
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by nazzyon(m): 7:59am On Jul 08, 2008
What is the news on Cashcraft's Mutual Funds?
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by weimar: 7:31am On Jul 16, 2008
Other than investing in Mutual funds and stocks or fixed deposit, is there any monthly residual income guaranteed investment one can participate? Please advise me.
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Joshcoli(m): 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2008
Stocks, stocks, Stocks i'm really tired of all these whole thing, Guys Just forget about this thing and focus on others things that will profit you more, instead of investing in mutual fund well just think of a better thing to do with your money, to be sincere i have lost more than a Hundred K plus, so am longer thinking about it
Good luck guys
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Joshcoli(m): 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2008
I Can't sleep in the night becuase of stocks, please is anyone sleeping in the night with this kind of condition, please tell me your secret, i really want to forget about this and move forward
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by nazzyon(m): 12:12am On Jul 17, 2008
weimar:

Other than investing in Mutual funds and stocks or fixed deposit, is there any monthly residual income guaranteed investment one can participate? Please advise me.

Why are you looking for another option when you know about those you mentioned?

As far as am concerned, they are the easiest way of making money.
Joshcoli:

I Can't sleep in the night becuase of stocks, please is anyone sleeping in the night with this kind of condition, please tell me your secret, i really want to forget about this and move forward

Please, try to sleep. 'because money ain't everything.

Just have it in mind that NSE stock was having a down time @ that time because most of the stock were over equilibrium.

I don't sleep @ night because I have got other things to attend to and it is the period I am most active.
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by abijawara: 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2008
Here is a document providing some basic information on the mutual funds in Nigeria. You might find it helpful.

Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Joshcoli(m): 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2008
@abijawara
thanks its really very useful, its good to have people who are really willing to help
God bless you
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Arnold1(m): 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2008
Thanks for the mutual fund document abijawara. It was really helpful.
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Joshcoli(m): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hope These funds will pay dividens this year from what is comming out from the stocks mrket
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by abijawara: 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2008
I have updated the document containing the list of Mutual Funds In Nigeria to include Lotus Capital and the new Afrinvest Equity Fund.
You can download it here: http://naijalowa.com/wp-content/uploads/Mutual_Funds_In_Nigeria.pdf
A copy is also attached below.

Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Uche2nna(m): 11:13pm On Aug 14, 2008
Joshcoli:

Stocks, stocks, Stocks i'm really tired of all these whole thing, Guys Just forget about this thing and focus on others things that will profit you more, instead of investing in mutual fund well just think of a better thing to do with your money, to be sincere i have lost more than a Hundred K plus, so am longer thinking about it
Good luck guys

This here is one pissed off investor cheesy
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Joshcoli(m): 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2008
Wow, i have stopped checking my investment online because it's terrible, but one thing that marvels me is this; when ever i go to this mutul fund people they will keep saying the same thing "This is the best time to invest" and once you invest the next day it goes down wow this is amazing, well lets hope that something good happens
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Joshcoli(m): 12:03pm On Sep 08, 2008
I think the stocks market is picking up, Well this could be the best time to buy into it,
Please what are the conlusions from the meeting Soludo and rest held recently about the capital market
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by afam1(m): 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2008
jjj

Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by UNLEASHED(m): 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2008
Joshcoli:

Wow, i have stopped checking my investment online because it's terrible,

Please how do you check your stock online?
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by nazzyon(m): 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2008
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by afam1(m): 12:51am On Sep 13, 2008
In the last six months of the year, we have continued to see
depreciation in prices of stocks quoted on the Nigerian Stock
Exchange (NSE). As at 27 August 2008, the NSE-All-Share-Index
had lost 23.14%. The question on the mind of every investor is
“when will the market recover?” Have we reached “rock bottom”
yet? By a commonly used definition, a bear market occurs when
stock prices have declined by 20 percent or more. Therefore, we
can aptly say that we are currently experiencing a bear market.
Should this be a reason to worry? This article will examine
strategies to survive a bear market.
Bear markets are totally different from bull markets, not only in
the obvious form of falling and rising prices, but in timing. Bear
markets are generally slow moving and could continue for
relatively prolonged periods. For example, the stock market
crash (Black Monday) of 1987 - The world’s stock market
collapsed after shares on Wall Street suffered a wave of panic
selling. Between 14 and 19 October 1987, most indices were
down and by the end of October, Markets in Australia, Hong
Kong and the U.K. were down 41.8%, 45.8% and 26.4%
respectively. It took these markets 6 years, 3.5years and about 2
years respectively to recover from the crash and return to the
pre-Black Monday levels.
To survive a bear market, you require the following:
Embrace the reality of the market situation. For many investors,
this is quite a difficult task having emerged from a bull market
that lasted two straight years. The Stock Market went through a
similar phase in 1997, 1998 and 1999 when the market declined
by 7.89%, 11.92% and 7.16% respectively. Subsequent to this
period, we experienced eight years of very strong performance in
the market with the exception of 2005 when the market returned
1.01%. You must understand that the market can be capricious
and it is important to hold steady, take advantage of low prices in
a declining market than dance to market caprices.
Subdue fear and panic. Fear and panic are basic features of a
bear market. Uncertainty about the next step to take usually
makes investors take hasty decisions. Imagine you encountered a
real bear, the first instinct is fear. However, if you are able to
subdue fear, the situation may not be as life threatening as it may
seem. This is because, though bears are adjudged to be very
dangerous animals, they, at times respond based on your reaction. The
same applies to a bear market! You cannot control stock prices, but
you can control your reaction to them. Fear leads you to alter your
investment plan, and in most cases, this may lead to losses on your
investment. However, if you evaluate your individual situation in line
with happenings in the general market, you are more likely to make
rational investment decisions.
Avoid market timing. Don’t think you can “out-run” a bear. They are
faster; have more stamina than humans and can run at speeds
exceeding 50 km/h. In the same vein, never assume you can time the
market. By timing the market to avoid its worst days, not only is there a
possibility of losing out on the best days, you may also make
unexpected losses which could further aggravate the current position
of your investment. For example, by selling off your investment
because of the decline in prices and hoping that you could repurchase
when the price falls further, the market may take a quick upturn and
you may end up buying at a higher price.
Recognise a buying opportunity. During a bear market, we see
declines in stock prices. The market dips presents a buying
opportunity. This is because your average cost reduces as the prices
decline and this allows you take advantage of the bear market to
acquire more shares.
By following these rules for surviving bears and sticking to your longterm
investment plans, you will not only survive the market, but use it
to your advantage. Our dedicated Account Officers will be delighted
to meet with you to discuss various ways you can take advantage of
the opportunities available today.
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by bizforce(m): 2:09am On Sep 14, 2008
hi,
i am an investment analyst. i will strongly advise you to be careful about investing your money into any thing no matter how real it is without a strategic investment plan. investing without a plan is very risky because you calculated your possible gains and loss. i can develop an investment plan for you that will turn your money fast and make you secured.
give me a call so we can talk better and deeper
www.geocities.com/bizforceng
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by mrblackky: 11:31am On Sep 26, 2008
Guys, my name is Sam. Please, can anyboody tell me what the stand of wealthzone and other wonder banks as regards to SEC regulations.
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by alanbolo(m): 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2008
@ Afam,

thx 4 the above updates about the bears and bull in reference to the market. It's been said alot on this site that the upswing in prices for the past 2 years is just too incredible and will soon call for correction. As you've rightly said, it's good to have a plan ahead b4 entering the market and position one-self for the upswings. Happy Investing.
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by afam1(m): 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2008
@alanbolo;

thanks a million, u are far too kind
Re: Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? by Samj7265(m): 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
Thanks for the post.please i will like to know the difference between IBTC EQUITY or ETHICAL MUTUAL FUND ?...and also the basic of mutual fund,this tread is fileed with interlectual people and it tends to be confusing some how...i need a guide as i am new to this mutual fund stuff.this is my ,also my email:davidjohn42008@gmail.com.i will be very glad to hear from you to know how to invest wisely!
regard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business / See What Top MMM Guider Chuddy Ugorji Is Doing In Lagos To Win Nigerians Back(pi / Dangote Refinery: Africa’s Biggest Refinery Takes Shape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.