Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos (10422 Views)

Poll: Dominance of one tribe in a national team. Do you care?

Yes, equal representation.: 5% (6 votes)
No, we want the very best.: 94% (110 votes)
This poll has ended

Photos: Meet Beautiful Francisca Ordega Who Plays For The Falcons / Why Are Super Eagles The Ugliest Players In This World Cup? / Super Falcons Are Out Of The Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by ICHINONYE(m): 6:31pm On Nov 09, 2010
who eva own niraland i dont tink u shud have allow this type of post here, we shud all tink Nigeria n NIGERIAN alone , yoruba ,igbo ,hausa ,igala n co , lets b one that is d only way we can grow plsss
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by nattyman: 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2010
It is becos they are stronger - maybe becos of the "akpu" wey dem de chop. Hausas de cover face, u hardly get to see them and yorubas nor fit carry body - front and back too much! lol!!
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by nattyman: 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2010
It is becos they are stronger - maybe cos of the "akpu" wey dem de chop. Hausas de cover face - u hardly get to see them and the yorubas nor fit carry body - front and back too big! lol!!
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by bkbabe97y(m): 7:07pm On Nov 09, 2010
Environer:

You got only two hands and you must choke with both.

Clearly, u've never been choked by someone waaay bigger and much more stronger than you. Oh, and I dont have to choke u with both hands! With my size (except ure at least 6'0) I guarantee I can choke u out using four fingers!
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Environer: 7:26pm On Nov 09, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Clearly, u've never been choked by someone waaay bigger and much more stronger than you. Oh, and I dont have to choke u with both hands! With my size (except ure at least 6'0) I guarantee I can choke u out using four fingers!

If you are bigger and stronger than me, you need not even choke me in the first place because I would not cross your way except your are a deliberate or serial choker seeking to choke out anyone even when unprovoked. lol
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Environer: 7:28pm On Nov 09, 2010
nattyman:

It is becos they are stronger - maybe becos of the "akpu" wey dem de chop.  Hausas de cover face, u hardly get to see them and yorubas nor fit carry body - front and back too much! lol!!
So football is now all about strength and not about skills as well? Na wa for some opinions. The German female footballers are the best in the world and I wonder if they eat Akpu too.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by aliali: 7:57pm On Nov 09, 2010
what's at stake in South Africa is national pride. l have not heard or seen  any goal scored in a competition tagged an hause, yoruba, igbo, tiv, ijaw, efik, bini, ishan etc goal.

Why do we burden our minds with things that don't add value

If we have to be a great nation, it is important that we learn to bond as an unbreakable unit
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by yabadabado: 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2010
the italian team that won the world cup in the recent past are allfrom the northern part of italy, alot of people do not know this and quiet frankly who gives a ```` where they are from.

but the truth is na only them dey get moustache , but we love them like dat
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Environer: 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2010
yabadabado:

the italian team that won the world cup in the recent past are allfrom the northern part of italy, alot of people do not know this and quiet frankly who gives a ```` where they are from.

but the truth is na only them dey get moustache , but we love them like dat

Mumu. Your current first lady has moustache and she is not Igbo. Providence will continue to expose all your lies and manipulations in the absence of anything good to say about the Igbos. You can start with posting an Igbo girl with a moustache. Bloody retard.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 09, 2010
the best is wht we want
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by hackney(m): 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2010
In fact even if the entire team is from one family in Barnawa (kaduna south for shizzle),
as long as they bring back the medal nobody will really care.

That also applies to the nonsense super eagles (abi na chicken)
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by yarodin: 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2010
Meldrick:

At least they have made life easy for you to be able to sit at your computer and type rubbish. No fear of gun shots piering through your window.

Made life easy for who? There is nothing your mallam masters can do for me or family because we do not believe in begging for handouts like you and your family. Instead of coming here typing and yarning rubbish why not go chase some cattles or sniff on some gutter fumes.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Arysexy(m): 11:12pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ poster u are a complete ANIMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by poweredcom(m): 11:52pm On Nov 09, 2010
;Darghhh na wa oooo but they should shufle talents from every area of Nigeria , not only the east ok, its unfair and not god
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Environer: 12:16am On Nov 10, 2010
poweredcom:

;Darghhh na wa oooo but they should shufle talents from every area of Nigeria , not only the east ok, its unfair and not god

You talk as if talent is money that can be shuffled at will. You cannot buy talent. If you do not have it, you do not have it.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Arysexy(m): 12:49am On Nov 10, 2010
one wonders why nigeria leadership is full of mediocres all in the name of federal character, zoning, etc what a f.ucked nation. Who the cap fits let him wear it,
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by mufikings(m): 10:25am On Nov 10, 2010
I HERE BY PUT AN END TO THIS FOOLISH TREAD, LET THE IGBO GIRLS CONSIST  100% OF THE FALCONS, WE SHOULD SEE THE GOOD IN WHAT THE IGBO GIRLS ARE DOING AND STOP THIS TRIBALISTIC BULLSHIT!!!!,

MY ETHNIC SISTER/BROTHERS ARE THE BEST, SIMPLY FOOLISH
WHY SHOULD ONE ETHNIC GROUP DOMINATE A TEAM, RUBBISH (TRIBALIST MAGGOTS)

THE LORD MADE MAN IN HIS IMAGE AND LIKENESS, SO BE CAREFUL THAT THE DEMONS OF HATE DO NOT TAKE OVER YOUR SOULS.
GO FALCONS!!!! LOVE YOU ALL, GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Jesus Is Lord.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by MyJoe: 11:01am On Nov 10, 2010
Those who are calling opening poster names should read his post again. There is nothing dumb or silly about it, as nowhere does he bemoan the fact the team is composed largely of Igbos. He is only asking an academic question based on an observation he has made: the female team is composed largely of a single ethnic group of the many we have, there must be some reason for this. What is that reason? In the top universities of the world, billions are spent researching similar topics. The answers to the question asked in this thread can help our football planners to formulate policies to develop our football. Fortunately, a few highly informed posts have been made on the matter by semid4lif and a few others.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by furacao(m): 11:21am On Nov 10, 2010
Maybe they're the best players we have, ?
We need to start being a meritocracy, and only pick the best hands at all times. Or else we will keep finding players like Garba Lawal in our national team.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2010
@Environer,
You are so sentimental and bigot. I purposely did not respond to your comment about my post earlier and have since been following you up. I think people like you should be banned from NL and outcast from Nigeria because all your comments have elements of tribalisim and sentiment. These vices are the major problems of Nigeria making us not to grow as one people, one nation.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Environer: 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2010
koastar:

@Environer,
You are so sentimental and bigot. I purposely did not respond to your comment about my post earlier and have since been following you up. I think people like you should be banned from NL and outcast from Nigeria because all your comments have elements of tribalisim and sentiment. These vices are the major problems of Nigeria making us not to grow as one people, one nation.

Igbos don't have any historic lineage. I'm not sure if they know their history as a people. They can only tell a tale of a village in Igboland but not the historic evolution of the Igbo people. With the way China is growing in technology now, soon, they will start claiming to be Chinese  Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Koastar:

Only a ba-star-d will read this about himself and would not respond appropriately. I am not a ba-star-d. And I tell you again you are an  i.d.i.o.t for writing that about the Igbo and expecting that nobody will respond to you. You are the tribal maggot here not me.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2010
Only bigot would react the way you did. Instead of you to answer the question about your tribal lineage, you were busy ranting with sentiments. Now, let me put the question in a simplier way to you if you didn't understand it earlier, "what as Jews got to do with Igbos?" or better still "what as Galileo got to do with Ngozi?"
I'm waiting
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Environer: 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2010
koastar:

Only bigot would react the way you did. Instead of you to answer the question about your tribal lineage, you were busy ranting with sentiments. Now, let me put the question in a simplier way to you if you didn't understand it earlier, "what as Jews got to do with Igbos?" or better still "what as Galileo got to do with Ngozi?"
I'm waiting

Bloody fool. Why not ask the person who wrote that? Now tell me what has falling from the sky got to do with Oduduwa? There is no published book where you will read that Igbos are jews (a nonsense theory anyways) but our secondary school published history books tell us that Oduduwa fell from the sky. Now who are the liars here? You are an incorrigible monkey.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Saintp(m): 9:40pm On Nov 10, 2010
This tribal bashing has reared its ugly head again. I dont know why we cant see beyond tribe and ethnicity in this country.We claim Whites are racists yet we are worse than them. If we cant live and love each other then let this gaddem country be divided into six and let the ethnic groups live as a nation if dats wot will make this tribal bigot infected country happy.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by poweredcom(m): 10:08pm On Nov 10, 2010
Those who are calling opening poster names should read his post again. There is nothing dumb or silly about it, as nowhere does he bemoan the fact the team is composed largely of Igbos. He is only asking an academic question based on an observation he has made: the female team is composed largely of a single ethnic group of the many we have, there must be some reason for this. What is that reason? In the top universities of the world, billions are spent researching similar topics. The answers to the question asked in this thread can help our football planners to formulate policies to develop our football. Fortunately, a few highly informed posts have been made on the matter by semid4lif and a few others.

I respect this post, the rest of you posters are just not making any point
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Pablojerry(m): 9:52am On Nov 11, 2010
only igbo in national team so what? As far they giv their best not for the ibo race but NIGERIA.In its entirity,
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by enomakos(m): 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2010
poster what is ur problem?

if all the player and coaching crew are from one family wetin concern you?
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by xlad21(m): 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2010
@ environer,

Dont mind the idots, they keep seating on their asses waiting for what the oil wealth from south-south(not south east, fools should note), would bring to them. no productivity, no intelligence, barren land, no motivation whatsoever to do anything meaningful with their lives, yet they seat up and dis those that have worked hard personally and individually without any form of support to succeed in their chosen fields. it is really ridiculous, i keep telling people, no matter how we manage it, the North and the South in this country are like oil and water, and MARK MY WORDS, THEY CAN NEVER MIX!, no need being an optimist or a nationalist here, that is the fact. so we either just manage the fragile situation, or kwukwuma split up, each man on his own.

@poster, yea, i equally observed that, and the answers were equally apparent as well, and that is the normal tune for anything in Nigeria, i went to a Fedral Government specially sponsored secondary school that was touted as "one of the best" in africa, and so it was until when i was in JS3. initially enterance to the school was totally on merit, but as at the time i was in JS3, there were less than 10 northerners in the whole school of population around 300. guess what? they introduced their usual quota system, first they forced theu a man that knew absolutely nothing about education in the name of a norhterner, then they started the quota system of each state send 4 people to represent you in the school every year, if you see how te school is now in terms of academics and infrastructure, you'd rather send your kids to bangladesh to study.
we sacrifice excellence in the name of quota or federal character, but truth be told, if there was no quota system or fedral character, NOBODY from the north will be qualified to do anything in this country.
so southerners, we just have to manage them, that is the burden Gos has given us.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by MZ21: 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2010
What does it matter if they are 100% Igbo. They are doing well. That is what counts. I wonder if Americans arrange everything by ethnic groups. It is time we got ourselves out of this trap. The reason things do not work is because we put ethnicity before everything else and forget about ability. Please let them continue.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Ruq: 12:37am On Nov 12, 2010
who fuckin cares where they from? just give us the CUP!!!!!
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by GBT(m): 9:30am On Nov 12, 2010
Honestly i dont believe any one can\ should bother about this ,
I mean ain't the so call igbo delivering the needed result? Am not an igbo but it is time we put aside sentiments. If others can perform am sure they will make shikene
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Kcswat22: 10:32am On Nov 12, 2010
Ibos r d best in evry endeavour xpt politics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Connect Keyboard To Ps3 So I Can Play Fifa08 / Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles / Nigerian Globacom Premier League Table.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.