Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos (10423 Views)

Poll: Dominance of one tribe in a national team. Do you care?

Yes, equal representation.: 5% (6 votes)
No, we want the very best.: 94% (110 votes)
This poll has ended

Photos: Meet Beautiful Francisca Ordega Who Plays For The Falcons / Why Are Super Eagles The Ugliest Players In This World Cup? / Super Falcons Are Out Of The Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by BiggySmalz(m): 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2010
IGBO, HAUSA OR YORUBA HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING.  LET THE BESTS REPRESENT US. WHEN THEY WIN, THEY WIN FOR NIGERIANS.

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM, ONE NAIJA ONE NATION

PEACE

Smalz
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by jerryuzo(m): 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2010
THAT IS NOT MY CONCERN, THE TEAM ARE THE BEST .LET US SUPPORT THEM.UP FALCONS.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Ikwikwikwi(m): 1:30pm On Nov 09, 2010
Mumu thread, go and invite Senator Yerima's 13 year old wife to represent Hausa, and Adedibu's daughter to represent Yoruba. Ewu Gambia
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by RedRiver(m): 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2010
some time ago arsene wenger of arsenal was accused of fielding a starting lineup of 11 non British squad and he answered " when selecting my team i dont look at the players international passport" moral of story always field your best players
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by akossyy: 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2010
That is why Nigerian can not cope with each other due to tribalism, imagine only igbos are they only people in this country
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by chykeo1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ poster, the world we live in driven by men skilled in whatever endeavour(s) they have decided to go into. The same world has moved on and away from alliances that board on intangibles and weak basis of separation (such as tribes, race, language etc), Nigeria as a country cannot be left out (many thanks to globalization) and accordingly, this new regime of skilled talents will swing through the land; as it is presently, A simple question to aid your understanding,

Do you desire a nation with victories or a nation with abysmal performances/failures?, Therein lies the answer to your inquiries.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by eghost247(m): 1:55pm On Nov 09, 2010
Bottom Line they are all Nigerians
Poster find something to talk about
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by stagger: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2010
Very upsetting post by the starter of this thread. The Flying Eagles of 1999 were predominantly from the North. No one talked.

Have you ever been to the North? Are women permitted to wear shorts? When Fatima Yusuf was Nigeria's foremost quarter-miler, she had to wear a modified shorts instead of the regular swimsuit that other female athletes wear.

There are restrictions on dressing for women in the North, as such you do not see much female football activity. You do not need to go to school to know this.

The coach was one of the pioneer female footballers in Nigeria, along with Nkiru Okosieme, Ann Cheijine (who for me has still been the best female keeper Nigeria has produced), Florence Omagbemi, Okunwa Igunbor and the rest. Her selection was based on merit.

What should be the question, is why female football which had many teams in our local league has been allowed to die. We commend the efforts of people like Princess Jegede, but with very little support, how are such people encouraged to spend their money in various parts of the country so we have a good spread and pool of talents from all over the country?

The seeming lopsidedness in the geographical distribution of the female footballers in our national team is a function of the attitude of the administrators in the places under-represented, and cultural and religious practices. Nothing else.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by SSaemoenl(m): 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2010
13th century question and mentality. 90% Igbos. Sucks!! Find another thing do if really u have! Ciao Ciao!! tongue
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Meldrick(m): 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2010
Diligence:

Until Nigeria discover they're losing a lot sidelining NDIGBO, who are specially blessed by God, then shall their deliverance come.

NDIGBO are Jews and Jews are SPECIALLY blessed by God!
Jews indeed.

And they lost the war 1967 - 1970. They are indeed blessed by God and they were begging for food during the Biafra war, eating rats and lizards.  grin grin grin.They are blessed and they go around kidnapping and perpertrating 419 activities. Don't 4get the cannibal. Clifford Orji. Blessed indeed.

Ha Ha Just an observation ohhhhhh
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Environer: 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2010
Meldrick:

Jews indeed.

And they lost the war 1967 - 1970. They are indeed blessed by God and they were begging for food during the Biafra war, eating rats and lizards.  grin grin grin.They are blessed and they go around kidnapping and perpertrating 419 activities. Don't 4get the cannibal. Clifford Orji. Blessed indeed.

They lost the war in 1970 and you are losing the war today. Now tell me you do not have 419ners, cannibals and ritualists in your own society? The fact that they are alive after losing the war and now, by far, surpassing your arse in every human endeavour is enough blessing.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by BiggySmalz(m): 2:51pm On Nov 09, 2010
Jews indeed.

And they lost the war 1967 - 1970. They are indeed blessed by God and they were begging for food during the Biafra war, eating rats and lizards.    .They are blessed and they go around kidnapping and perpertrating 419 activities. Don't 4get the cannibal. Clifford Orji. Blessed indeed.

@meldrick

I strongly advise that we should leave each other alone on tribal opinions.  This way we can live in peace with one another, divided we fall united we stand

Say No to Tribalism my fellow country people.
Naija most not fall in our hands.

Peace

Smalz
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by chuqudy(m): 3:00pm On Nov 09, 2010
That is Biafra.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Meldrick(m): 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ BiggySmalz

you are right. you know some times some post can be annoying. I hate people who believe they are superior to others but you are right. One love
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by AloyEmeka5: 3:04pm On Nov 09, 2010
efoghorjos:

I observe that our current Super Falcons team is made up of over 90% Igbos (From the coaching crew to players).  I have never seen a time where our national team has been so composed of one ethnic group.

Just being curious anyway. Do you think it has got anything to do with the coaching crew or what?

Was the US 94 super eagles team not made up of about 70% igbos?. Who cares as long as we get the result. It is quota system that is killing Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by AloyEmeka5: 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2010
oyinda.:

i think it partially has to do with their physique.
yoruba women are more curvy while igbos have a relatively more athletic physique. and hausas are slim and lanky. I may be wrong but that's my guess.

Physique has nothing to do with tribe or soccer. There are bulky igbo and yoruba women, big igbo and Yoruba women as well as the athletic ones. If physique is a serious determinant in soccer, then Kanu Nwankwo and Peter Crouch have nothing in common with soccer.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by chuqudy(m): 3:09pm On Nov 09, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Was the US 94 super eagles team not made up of about 70% igbos?. Who cares as long as we get the result. It is quota system that is killing Nigeria.

You are right. They used zoning during the selection of super eagles player during the last world cup in south africa. And what was the result? Now they want to bring it in Presidency.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Obiagu1(m): 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2010
Well, they should kill Super Falcons just like they killed Super Eagles and let everyone rest.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by HamidO1(m): 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2010
Environer:

Stop guessing; the answer is simple. Igbos are the best in everything good in Nigeria. They are the brain box, they are the brawn box. Remember they also produce most of the beautiful girls in Nigeria pagents to the extent of representing other states. They also lead in Nollywood. So, until an Igbo leads Nigeria, the country is doomed to continuous failure.

You think they don't have a negative side right??
Nigeria is a country with people from diverse backgrounds. Every part of Nigeria has its own strength and weakness, the only reason we are a country is because we make up for each others weaknesses. I really don't think it's right to start saying we did this, we did that,
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Environer: 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2010
Hamid O:

You think they don't have a negative side right??
Nigeria is a country with people from diverse backgrounds. Every part of Nigeria has its own strength and weakness, the only reason we are a country is because we make up for each others weaknesses. I really don't think it's right to start saying we did this, we did that,

Who does not have a negative side? Certainly not the Igbos? But why should I talk about my negative side when somebody was already doing so out of malice?
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Meldrick(m): 3:43pm On Nov 09, 2010
Environer:

Stop guessing; the answer is simple. Igbos are the best in everything good in Nigeria. They are the brain box, they are the brawn box. Remember they also produce most of the beautiful girls in Nigeria pagents to the extent of representing other states. They also lead in Nollywood. So, until an Igbo leads Nigeria, the country is doomed to continuous failure.

Idiot.
You are doomed not Nigeria. Your states are doomed and you want to rule Nigeria. Come rule make we see.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Environer: 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2010
Meldrick:

You are doomed not Nigeria. Your states are doomed and you want to rule Nigeria. Come rule make we see.

Buhahahah! Lets see you succeed then. Loser. There is a saying that a wrestler who holds another wrestler down is also down. Both are down; not so?
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by yarodin: 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2010
Meldrick:

Like your mallams that have ruled have made your lifes any better?
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by soloqy: 4:10pm On Nov 09, 2010
oyinda.:

i think it partially has to do with their physique.
yoruba women are more curvy while igbos have a relatively more athletic physique. and hausas are slim and lanky. I may be wrong but that's my guess.

The Yorubas are fatter you mean? The backside is usually disproportionately larger than should be for their upper bodies so definitely cant play football.

The hausas dare not because of Sharia and their laws. The igbo girls prepare themselves for whatever challenges of field they want to go into. So a female(igbo) footballer, trains physically and gets into body building to dominate and be the best. Doesnt mean all Igbo girls have athletic physique.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by AloyEmeka5: 4:17pm On Nov 09, 2010
chuqudy:

You are right. They used zoning during the selection of super eagles player during the last world cup in south africa. And what was the result? Now they want to bring it in Presidency.

And to think they nearly dropped Taye Taiwo for some Northern guy due to quota system gave me goose pimples.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by wazobiang: 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2010
foolish talk. i thot after the world cup we would have learnt our lessons. this observation shouldn't even be made except for historical purposes. but if they win the cup you will be happy. in fact they have qualified for the semi, are you not happy?
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Meldrick(m): 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2010
yarodin:

Like your mallams that have ruled have made your lifes any better?
At least they have made life easy for you to be able to sit at your computer and type rubbish. No fear of gun shots piering through your window.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by bkbabe97y(m): 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2010
Environer:

. There is a saying that a wrestler who holds another wrestler down is also down. Both are down; not so?

. . . . . well, not if I'm choking ur aszz out!!!
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Environer: 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2010
bk.babe97y:

. . . . . well, not if I'm choking your aszz out!!!

Speaking figuratively. Moreover, any smart guy will move to get off your hold once you leave to hold and move to choke. You got only two hands and you must choke with both.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Afam4eva(m): 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2010
The same reason Igbo people lead in anything without quota in Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Rastamann: 5:51pm On Nov 09, 2010
What can't we see ourselves as one Nigeria, at for once and see how things work out? Why must we tie everything to ethnicity and religion? God save us!
Re: Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos by Guyman02: 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2010
I am happy that an Ijaw man who I refer to as the 'Mourinho of African Football' is now Super Eagles coach. When he won the Silver at both under 20 and the Olympics did any oyinbo man know that he is from Bayelsa State? NO. They called him the Nigerian coach and not a coach of Ijaw origin. This thread no make sense at all, at all. I wouldnt mind seeing Almajiris in the Super Eagles winning the nations cup for Nigeria or Igala boys launching a rocket to the moon,  Lets say NO to ethnic jingoism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Globacom Premier League Table. / 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player / The Nigerian Team List For African Cup Of Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.