Stats: 3,195,632 members, 7,958,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:36 AM

What Happened To La Casera? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Happened To La Casera? (53721 Views)

What Happened To This Drink? / I Went Walking For 30 Minutes A Day And This Is What Happened To My Body / The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Happened To La Casera? by Lonelypacifist6: 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
The wife of the owner don use the money globe trottle finish don't ask me how I know, if you wanna ask send me a PM.
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by Lonelypacifist6: 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2019
handsomeclouds:
It's now Schapman
Smoov too is a failed product.
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by Lonelypacifist6: 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
Wickedtruths:
1. They maltreated their workers and had labour issues. Sacked their workers.

2. Rumours started flying that La Casera was unwholesome and using strong acidic chemicals for its drink.

3. This BIG COLA drink (not Bigi) came into the market and gave 65 cl for a price lesser than the 50cl La Casera was selling.

4. Bigi employed the sacked La Casera workers and started producing drinks using BIG's formula which is Reduced price, more quantity than La Casera.

5. The time La Casera realised they had messed up was when Bigi introduced Bigi Apple and Bigi Tropical. That killed La Casera.

6. La Casera started producing 60cl to counter Bigi, but it was too late.

7. Bigi produces in Ogun state, hence paying less manufacturing taxes compared to La Casera producing in Lagos.

La Casera as at today is targeting markets that Bigi doesn't reach or aren't interested in cause of high logistical costs.
The wife of the owner is a bad spender.
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by frozen70g(f): 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
DOMINGOPAPI:
Bad publicity and competition. Some claimed its acidic

Very very acidic
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by damble: 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2019
cucumbae:
It cleans the liver and wash the human immune system as well.
REALLY?
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by damble: 3:04pm On Oct 11, 2019
Valentine097:
that was how a tailor told me to soap my cloth with Coca-Cola in order to get rid of the stains on it
DID IT WORK?
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by SouthSouth1914: 3:44pm On Oct 11, 2019

Re: What Happened To La Casera? by komodapson(m): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2019
IamR:

If not that Coca Cola is a big and strong brand, Bigi would have sent them out of Nigeria market.

What is this hype about bigi sef...fine, dem dey thrive for Ogun state, Lagos, Osun and environs...but they are not nationwide....largest share of sales of beverages is in Lagos (no doubt)...so they're giving coca cola Pepsi a run for their money
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by olumide4christ: 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
uuzba:

I prefer to drink Bigi Apple than lacasera.
Lacasera somehow has a sharper taste than Bigi Apple. It's too sharp. And I stopped liking it.

Very true!
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by olumide4christ: 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
TissuePaper:
smoov Chapman is a unique brand dont see them going under anytime soon

Bigi has already released their own 60cl Chapman to challenge Lacasera Smoov Chapman of 50cl....there's no where to run for Lacasera!
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by komodapson(m): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
Angelfrost:
La Casera has been injured for a while na... That's why Aubameyang has been working extra along side Pepe.... That attack is no longer what it used to be. grin

Lmao...Your head don dey frosty...but the attack is of no use since the back line luiz, sokratis, Niles still dey concede like basket
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by lexy2014: 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
murphyibiam15:
I don't seem to see people taking la casera any longer

So ur job is to sit down to be monitoring who is drinking lacasera and who isn't drinking it? If u don't c people drinking it, y not buy a bottle & drink it while sitting in front of a mirror

Re: What Happened To La Casera? by lexy2014: 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
crackhouse:
La Casera is not good for the body. I am sure it have contributed to a lot of deaths too. Too much apple flavor and other artitical ingredients.

How did u arrive at ur conclusions?
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by lexy2014: 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2019
faithfull18:
Bad publicity killed the brand.

Is d brand dead?
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by opeey(m): 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2019
Wickedtruths:

2. Rumours started flying that La Casera was unwholesome and using strong acidic chemicals for its drink.

3. This BIG COLA drink (not Bigi) came into the market and gave 65 cl for a price lesser than the 50cl La Casera was selling.

4. Bigi employed the sacked La Casera workers and started producing drinks using BIG's formula which is Reduced price, more quantity than La Casera.

5. The time La Casera realised they had messed up was when Bigi introduced Bigi Apple and Bigi Tropical. That killed La Casera.

7. Bigi produces in Ogun state, hence paying less manufacturing taxes compared to La Casera producing in Lagos.

La Casera as at today is targeting markets that Bigi doesn't reach or aren't interested in cause of high logistical costs.

you are right.. but LA casera to dey ash oo.. as in not good for body system..
we dey use am wash rust that year..
if u get any but and screw wey don rust and u wan unscrew am just pour LA casera just leave am for 10mins.. the thing go unscrew.

Re: What Happened To La Casera? by faithfull18(f): 5:36pm On Oct 11, 2019
lexy2014:

Is d brand dead?
Not entirely o.
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by Valentine097(m): 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
damble:
DID IT WORK?
yes
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by Kossym(m): 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2019
Wickedtruths:

Na wa o
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by dolarland(m): 6:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
hstar:

U're welcome sir smiley
My question goes thus; what is your advice for a business organization or an individual whose business is on the right track, what should they be doing and what shouldn't they do so as not to go down. Wanna learn more from you. Thanks, the truth in your monicker really manifests plus u are blessed with wisdom.
Always watchout for competitors, when ur rival comes out with new ideas quickly adopt it, after proper research on its acceptance by the customers.
Understand d ppl u deal with, eg average Nigerians likes cheap things.
At times forget about the profit just to kick out competitors.
Eg. A friend of mine came complaining how his customers are reducing by weekly basses due to that fact someone started same business close to him, I told him now u till have d market cap SLASH ur profit by 80% making ur service cheap. After 2 months his rival went out of business because he couldn't cope. If my guy was making 10k each day he slashed it to 2k, if his rival decides to emulate him he might go home with 100 naira due to the fact he doesn't have much customers as at then.

Re: What Happened To La Casera? by remsonik(f): 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2019
I still prefer lacasera to bigi apple. Though lacasera's taste is too sharp but a bottle of lacasera can go round a family of six. Then when I get it I dilute it with water, keep it in the fridge for a while then drink.

Re: What Happened To La Casera? by hstar: 6:46pm On Oct 11, 2019
dolarland:

Always watchout for competitors, when ur rival comes out with new ideas quickly adopt it, after proper research on its acceptance by the customers.
Understand d ppl u deal with, eg average Nigerians likes cheap things.
At times forget about the profit just to kick out competitors.
Eg. A friend of mine came complaining how his customers are reducing by weekly basses due to that fact someone started same business close to him, I told him now u till have d market cap SLASH ur profit by 80% making ur service cheap. After 2 months his rival went out of business because he couldn't cope. If my guy was making 10k each day he slashed it to 2k, if his rival decides to emulate him he might go home with 100 naira due to the fact he doesn't have much customers as at then.

Thanks sir

Re: What Happened To La Casera? by Paxmedical(m): 6:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
Smiles. LolHHaHahHahaha
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by Obascoetubi: 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
Obaiyski:
Change
CHANGE TO WHAT?
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
It finished.
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by kechywillz(m): 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
There's too much sugar in that drink,once u have sip you feel like you have taken an packet of sugar,as a man advancing in age,you don't need those high concentrated sugar drink,it will cause so many health problems will time goes
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by nacaz4real(m): 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2019
[quote author=Wickedtruths post=83039024] How come no one knows that Coca Cola acquired La Casera and Killed that product line. The drink was strongly taking over the market share of the plastic bottled segment of the beverage industry, the acquisition was done subtly. Look for an old can of Lacasera and confirm for yourself.
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by nacaz4real(m): 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2019
How come no one knows that Coca Cola acquired La Casera and Killed that product line. The drink was strongly taking over the market share of the plastic bottled segment of the beverage industry, the acquisition was done subtly. Look for an old can of Lacasera and confirm for yourself.
Wickedtruths:

Re: What Happened To La Casera? by Wickedtruths: 7:22pm On Oct 11, 2019
nacaz4real:
How come no one knows that Coca Cola acquired La Casera and Killed that product line. The drink was strongly taking over the market share of the plastic bottled segment of the beverage industry, the acquisition was done subtly. Look for an old can of Lacasera and confirm for yourself.

Acquired wetin?

Give me a link to where Coca cola aquired La Casera and I'll give you a link to where the MD of the company producing La Casera gave a breakdown of the soft drinks market.

They acquired Limca and only recently acquired Chivita because it led the juice segment and Five alive was doing poorly.
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by hansomb: 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
Wickedtruths:

Nice analysis, but I think that is yet to reach the NORTHERN part of the country , that's my best drink right now especially after they reduce the price from 120 naira to hundred naira, I always feel energized after drinking it no matter how weak I am b4 especially if chilled. I think the change of a thing is down South.
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by hansomb: 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
remsonik:
I still prefer lacasera to bigi apple. Though lacasera's taste is too sharp but a bottle of lacasera can go round a family of six. Then when I get it I dilute it with water, keep it in the fridge for a while then drink.
Same here, after diluting you still can't c much difference.
Re: What Happened To La Casera? by adolf444: 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2019
Wickedtruths:

Okay. What line of business?

Generally, your target should be how to sell more, how to make your present customers become returning customers and how to make your staff give their best to your business.

Also, look for similar things your customers need and either supply them or help them get it cheaper and faster while you're also making money from it. That way, your customers would see you as a necessary part of their existence.

Most reasonable comment av read all day.

Re: What Happened To La Casera? by Wickedtruths: 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2019
hansomb:

Nice analysis, but I think that is yet to reach the NORTHERN part of the country , that's my best drink right now especially after they reduce the price from 120 naira to hundred naira, I always feel energized after drinking it no matter how weak I am b4 especially if chilled. I think the change of a thing is down South.

The change is just Lagos and a few southern states. Coca Cola is still king with 50% of the drinks market share.

Nationally, Coca cola 50%, Pepsi with 40%, La Casera 4%, Bigi 4%.

Coca cola produces in the North, South, East and West, same with Pepsi. Others can't afford that, so they truck to those areas. This increases their costs and reduces their profit.

La Casera is still in the market but in Lagos, Bigi is really disturbing all of them.

Nigerian Guy Shows His Cooking Skills: Says "Forget About The Big Boy Things" / Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? / See The Bread I Bought For N1400

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50