Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Rich Kid Cries When She Arrives At £180 Camping Holiday As It's 'too Stressful' - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rich Kid Cries When She Arrives At £180 Camping Holiday As It's 'too Stressful' (473 Views)

Kunle Adeyanju Arrives Africa With Bike (Photo) / Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead / UK Based Lady Narrates Her Worrisome Experience As She Arrives Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rich Kid Cries When She Arrives At £180 Camping Holiday As It's 'too Stressful' by stellapatu: 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
An heiress who usually enjoys lavish holidays in The Maldives with her family was left sobbing when she tried out a rather more modest getaway for a TV experiment.

At first, Hattie Garmant, 19, from Hemel Hampstead thought she would be able to handle a weekend of camping for 5Star's Rich Kids, Skint Holiday, which airs tonight.

She was matched with Pete and Louise Hayward and their daughters Katie, seven, and Chloe, four, who decided to take her to a camping site for a three-day stay.

But within an hour, the heiress, who is used to splashing her cash on designer clothes and beauty treatments, was shocked to tears when it started raining.

'I thought I'd been able to handle more stuff,' she said. 'It's like, "how can people have fun doing this?".'

'I feel a bit overwhelmed. Ideally I'd rather be in a hot country, with sun and sea, compared to rain and sleeping in a tent.'

The young woman was not expecting to be going camping and struggled to cope from the moment the family arrived at Dernwood Farm.

Hattie's father funds her lifestyle and her love of labels. She owns a collection of Gucci trainers, heels, Versace blouses, Burberry coats and morThe heiress has never had to worry about money in her life, and explained that she can spend between £500 and £1,000 on makeup and beauty treatments a month.

The family's last holiday was in the Maldives, and thought it cost a grand total of £8,000 - £2,000 per person - the heiress admitted she found the experience boring.

Later in the day, things became awkward over dinner when Hattie revealed her Gucci trainers cost more than £700, to a shocked Pete and Louise.

'What you're wearing is five times more expensive than my wardrobe,' Pete joked.

Pete, an oven cleaner, and Louise, a weight loss consultant, are both self-employed and sometimes struggle to make ends meet.

This camping adventure was the Haywards' first holiday as a family, and it took them six months to save up the £180 fee for the two-nights stay.

And Hattie didn't do herself any favours by adding that her parents give her a £500 allowance to cover her commute, even though she is working and earning a salary.

More details; [url] https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/rich-kid-cries-when-she-arrives-at-180-camping-holiday-as-it-s-too-stressful[/url]

Re: Rich Kid Cries When She Arrives At £180 Camping Holiday As It's 'too Stressful' by godofuck231: 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
They need to come to IDP camp in bornu, this is heaven

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Easy Is It To Move From Caribbean Islands Into The US / A Visit To Maiduguri Zoo / OKADA/MARWA RESTRICTION: This Is What May Happen To You After Some Time - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.