Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals (876 Views)

Being In Love With Your Boyfriend's Friend, How Do You Kill The Feelings? / Miss Sahhara: Being Born In A Country Hostile To Gays & Transgender Makes Me Sad / 400 Gays To Be 'Cured' Of Homosexuality In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by Nawaaoh: 6:28am On Oct 12, 2019
Uganda’s government announced plans Thursday to reintroduce a bill which would impose death penalty on homosexuals in the East African country.

“Homosexuality is not natural to Ugandans, but there has been a massive recruitment by gay people in schools, and especially among the youth, where they are promoting the falsehood that people are born like that,” Ethics and Integrity Minister Simon Lokodo told Reuters. “Our current penal law is limited. It only criminalizes the act. We want it made clear that anyone who is even involved in promotion and recruitment has to be criminalized. Those that do grave acts will be given the death sentence.”

Read on..

https://www.mazechmedia.com/2019/10/uganda-announces-kill-the-gays-bill-that-will-impose-death-penalty-on-homosexuals/

Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by SchoolNaScam001: 6:29am On Oct 12, 2019
Hmmmm! E don be for some people be that o
Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by cenaman(m): 6:32am On Oct 12, 2019
Same should be pass in Nigeria.
Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by drips8(m): 6:36am On Oct 12, 2019
I don't support gay people but that punishment is extreme.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by Young03(m): 6:41am On Oct 12, 2019
I'm in support
Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by Commentor: 6:46am On Oct 12, 2019
Not nice.
Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by EzekaUdenee: 7:16am On Oct 12, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
Not nice.
[/s]
Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by respect80(m): 7:38am On Oct 12, 2019
In as much as I don't support gay or homosexuality, I think such penalty is too harsh to impose on them. And to think that some people ain't born that way is a mere blindness to the available scientific knowledge.
Welcome to Africa where people make conclusions without experiment.
Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by Powersurge: 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2019
Death penalty is too extreme for them oo. Una for dash them 14 years like Nigeria did.

2 Likes

Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by Offpoint: 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
They should let horses rape their azzes continuously for a week and set them free.

It's a better justice than death
Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by Lamanii22(f): 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2019
The punishment is outrageous... They are humans too...

2 Likes

Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by cactusland(m): 1:55am On Oct 16, 2019
Steven Anderson must be controlling Uganda's Parliament...
Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by Oooops: 1:59am On Oct 16, 2019
This is long overdue. I wish it is brought to Nigeria too.
But remember to also kill thieves, kidnappers, looters, corrupt politicians.
Kill prostitutes, kill yahoo boys. Inshot kill all your citizens. As una nor get sense reach
Homosexuality is wrong, but does it deserve a death sentence?
Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by Nobody: 2:07am On Oct 16, 2019
Not Fair. That's totally extreme!

1 Like

Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by Prompto: 4:10am On Oct 16, 2019
drips8:
I don't support gay people but that punishment is extreme.
but the aggressive way the foolish gays n lesbians have been promoting themselves is not extreme. Some of you just come on NL n type rubbish cos hand de scratch una.
Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by Prompto: 4:17am On Oct 16, 2019
Foolish people make me sick. People are born crippled, with migraine n all sort of anomaly across the globe. They seek solution, remedy to their shortcomings not dictate they should be accepted like that and start corrupting other to accept them in that manner even to an extent enticing straight people to join their ridiculous act.

I wonder those of you sympathising with this idiots are blind to their excesses. In the USA now gay is being promoted like a norm with a gay or lesbian always in their movie soap or whatever. What is a normal about being a gay or a lesbian ? If your father n mother were one would you have ever made it to Earth ?

respect80:
In as much as I don't support gay or homosexuality, I think such penalty is too harsh to impose on them. And to think that some people ain't born that way is a mere blindness to the available scientific knowledge.
Welcome to Africa where people make conclusions without experiment.
Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by Prompto: 4:19am On Oct 16, 2019
Oooops:
This is long overdue. I wish it is brought to Nigeria too.
But remember to also kill thieves, kidnappers, looters, corrupt politicians.
Kill prostitutes, kill yahoo boys. Inshot kill all your citizens. As una nor get sense reach
Homosexuality is wrong, but does it deserve a death sentence?
Yes it does.
Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by Hamachi(f): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin Uganda my country!

Under British colonial law, gay sex in Uganda is punishable with up to life imprisonment.

Activists warned the new bill risked an increase in violence. When the law was introduced last time, it whipped up homophobic sentiment and hate crimes

Hundreds of LGBT+ people have been forced to leave the country as refugees and more will follow if this law is enacted. It will criminalise many from even advocated for LGBT+ rights, let alone supporting and protecting sexual minorities, three gay men and one transgender woman had been killed in homophobic attacks in Uganda this year – the latest last week when a gay man was bludgeoned to death.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Announces ‘kill The Gays’ Bill To Impose Death Penalty On Homosexuals by Hamachi(f): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin Uganda my country! You havent finish with corrupt official it is homosexual you are planning on making a bill to kill them lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

As E Dey Hot / Igbo Why?:why Me? / Is This True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.