Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence (15193 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu Smuggled Exotic Car Stolen From Jaguar Plant: US Govt / FFK, Reno Omokri, Wike, 7 Others Top Opposition Voices In Nigeria Since 2015 / Oluwole Owolabi: You Chased Me Out Of Nigeria Since 1986 Nothing Has Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by Kkings11: 10:35am On Oct 12, 2019
Yeah we know.

But how much una steal B4 independence

2 Likes

Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by otolorinola(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2019
Colorado! Mi o ya werey, e gbé mi pada sínú ayé. smiley
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2019
FarahAideed:
It should be more !!! We have all heard how over 1.3 billion dollars was stolen from the never completed 27km Lagos light rail ..A project whose actual cost in the books of the Chinese construction company is 180 million dollars but in Lagos govt books is shown as 1.5 billion dollars
Lagos light rail is 35km and common, even a 27km overhead and over watcher light rail in a highly swampy area, you and I know that 180m is not feasible for that

2 Likes

Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by daddytime(m): 10:42am On Oct 12, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

They will remove you from power within a few months.

Because here is the thing. Nigerians love their corrupt leaders...PDP, APC, millitary, NPN, UPN, NPP, NCNC, NPC, AG, whatever. They are not yet ready to stop the stealing. And even now, they won't stop the stealing.

Oga, if I should find my way as the CinC, I go prune the present crop of political militaries we have even if it means going as low as the rank of captains who would be revolutionaries and angry at the status quo.

They'd run the show for 6 months to a year to quell any higi hagas so long as they are desirous for us to build a new country together.

OBJ did it heaven no fall.

Impossible is nothing bro.

1 Like

Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by mercyviv(f): 10:44am On Oct 12, 2019
Our county's resilience is unrivalled! No country of the world could face this level of mismanagement and theft without its economy totally crashing!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

1 Like

Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by jessevictor459: 10:47am On Oct 12, 2019
Fela of blessed memory sang about this
"international thief theif" but we didn't listen�

Buhari fights qworuption while we complain of corruption so the difference is clear
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by madridguy(m): 10:53am On Oct 12, 2019
SMH shocked shocked
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by vincent10(m): 10:54am On Oct 12, 2019
The current administration has a plus in problem identification but lack strategies on resolving the problems identified.

I hope things get better.
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by egoldman(m): 10:58am On Oct 12, 2019
For where? This figure is a lie, what a out the '90 billion' dollars they say deziani stole? Abi she no steal am again?
We no go gree, they must include that money ooh.
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by ikdaddy01(m): 11:00am On Oct 12, 2019
All dz figures rolling out here and there
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 12, 2019
izzou:
grin

I think, Yakubu Gowon was the last reasonable leader we had

After he left, it was back to back eediots that ruled us
obj was reasonable sha
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by Minjim: 11:08am On Oct 12, 2019
What are these ppl saying?

Only IBB, Abacha, Abdulsallam and Obj stole more than that

4 Likes

Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by planetx: 11:13am On Oct 12, 2019
daddytime:
This is definitely a conservative estimate.

I'd say, over $1tn has been and is still being stolen from our collective coffers by the born kleptomaniacs we have as leaders.

If I had my way as Nigeria's President, I'd do the unthinkable by sacrificing myself for my generation and the coming generations.

A big gigantic zoo will be my very first project to be constructed by Julius Berger even though they'd make a list of those to inhabit it too.

And then, everyone that has had a stint in government and enriched him/herself beyond what was due to them will be rounded up and thrown into this zoo from where negotiations, confiscations and trial proceedings will be initiated.

They'd account for every every before we all start on a new slate.

Bastard thieves....
You will not even be allowed to become president and if by mistake you did they will eliminate you quickly.
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by Bellotelli: 11:14am On Oct 12, 2019
80% of this happen during the PDP administration. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by Angelfrost(m): 11:14am On Oct 12, 2019
daddytime:
This is definitely a conservative estimate.

I'd say, over $1tn has been and is still being stolen from our collective coffers by the born kleptomaniacs we have as leaders.

If I had my way as Nigeria's President, I'd do the unthinkable by sacrificing myself for my generation and the coming generations.

A big gigantic zoo will be my very first project to be constructed by Julius Berger even though they'd make a list of those to inhabit it too.

And then, everyone that has had a stint in government and enriched him/herself beyond what was due to them will be rounded up and thrown into this zoo from where negotiations, confiscations and trial proceedings will be initiated.

They'd account for every every before we all start on a new slate.

Bastard thieves....

That's achievable.... Only through a military take over...
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by vezycash(m): 11:16am On Oct 12, 2019
Racoon:

Any reasonable Nigerian agreed that Buhari then was on a vendetta as it's today but where has it led him to?

The military clique of his govt then just kept on slamming corruption charges against people they don't like without any concrete evidence or justice while the corrupt core northern politicians were being spared.

You be thief
I no be thief
You be rouge
I no be rouge
You dey steal
I no dey steal
You be robber
I do be robber

....Authority stealing pass armed robbery

1 Like

Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by Depressed101: 11:20am On Oct 12, 2019
izzou:
grin

I think, Yakubu Gowon was the last reasonable leader we had

After he left, it was back to back eediots that ruled us
what of umaru musa ,that guy was the best president Nigeria never had after his death I think Nigeria is cursed
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by RealityShot: 11:20am On Oct 12, 2019
We know!
but who will fight for us: the SENATORS , GOVERNORS, PRESIDENTS or perm SECS
that are all assisting the looters just because they are given crumbs?? e.g: T.Y. D......ma
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by seguno2: 11:28am On Oct 12, 2019
FarahAideed:
It should be more !!! We have all heard how over 1.3 billion dollars was stolen from the never completed 27km Lagos light rail ..A project whose actual cost in the books of the Chinese construction company is 180 million dollars but in Lagos govt books is shown as 1.5 billion dollars

Should we not enter this into the Guinness world record book as the greatest scam of lootocrats ever

1 Like

Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by seguno2: 11:31am On Oct 12, 2019
RealityShot:
We know!

but who will fight for us:
the SENATORS , GOVERNORS, PRESIDENTS or perm SECS

that are all assisting the looters
just because they are given crumbs??
e.g: T.Y. D......ma

Why should anyone fight for you? What is the motivation that they have to fight your fight? Did you give them anything? Have you promised them a reward? And are you credible enough to guarantee delivery of the reward on performance?
In short, do you know what you are talking about
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by cooleo(m): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

Mr PDP man, that includes your heroes GEJ who said the same thing about Nwobodo...who stole money and was jailed for it, and who also honored Abacha's wife.

Yes,it includes people like Buhari too(both during his first and second comming). I no go lie. But stop pretending that it is only APC involved...and yes, they are involved too

Your Party PDP too shares a lot of the blame for the mess as well. And they did nothing about it.

And yes, I don't like APC myself. I also don't like your PDP too. I wish you guys would take some responsibilty for messing up this country instead of playing a game of who is the worse thief than othrers

I would kill them all after recovering the loot if I find myself in power. Subjecting them to trial will only give them room to bribe the judges and we will be back to square 1. Shedding blood is the only solution.
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by RealityShot: 11:32am On Oct 12, 2019
Kkings11:
Yeah we know.

But how much una steal B4 independence
"before" ?
they are still stealing from us till tomororrow seff.

ask them who is stealing the over 150k barrels of crude oil from our pipelines &
who is buying it ?

na dem!
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:32am On Oct 12, 2019
what are they shouting for? this same stolen funds deposited in their banks aid and develop their economy and fuel their development

1 Like

Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by Ewedegubbler: 11:37am On Oct 12, 2019
Only
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by RealityShot: 11:52am On Oct 12, 2019
seguno2:

Why should anyone fight for you? What is the motivation that they have to fight your fight? Did you give them anything? Have you promised them a reward? And are you credible enough to guarantee delivery of the reward on performance?
In short, do you know what you are talking about
no i don't know. Oya tell me what am talking about abeg.
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by Patrioticman007(m): 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
The west are responsible for these inadequacies! They find ways to accepts stolen funds and always refuse to give it back!

They in turn use the IMF to borrow back these funds with extremely high interests rates and kickbacks. They taught the African nations especially Nigeria how to defraud it’s citizens!

Your moniker gave out your personality, I won't shoot the messenger but only take the message. You truly summarized the basic fact, as such Ten gbosa for you. I will employ you my Minister of Finance, since you know how to starve the European thief's of funds.
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by symbianDON(m): 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2019
I think there's a certain psychiatric illness that distorts the reasoning ability of our leaders upon assumption of office otherwise why would a sane mind steal so much money? money even his great grandchildren can't finish spending?
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 12, 2019
until death penalty is stipulated against corruption, the shithole remain doomed!
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by Teenaira: 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
The west are responsible for these inadequacies! They find ways to accepts stolen funds and always refuse to give it back!

They in turn use the IMF to borrow back these funds with extremely high interests rates and kickbacks. They taught the African nations especially Nigeria how to defraud it’s citizens!

My brother, we are being unfair to the West for saying they are responsible for our predicament. This people have left us to govern ourselves for long. If we know we are not doing well, why can't we sit down and review our ways. We have being generating so much revenue in this country and the self imposed leaders have being stealing the moneys. What is our future and the future of the yet to be born in Nigeria going to be like amidst an astronomical increase in Population.

My brother everybody I know now in Nigeria that has the means is planning to relocate their family out of Nigeria. Don't let us keep deceiving ourselves, the future is bleek except we are ready to force the so called leaders to do what they are elected to do.
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by meobizy(f): 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2019
I should care, why? I’ll leave this thread for the armchair political analysts, ready to hyperventilate over any stupid news.
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by agabaI23(m): 1:01pm On Oct 12, 2019
How much was stolen from 1807 to 1960?
Re: Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence by RichBoy247: 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
We know them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six Times President Buhari Travelled To The UK For Medical Attention / 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President / Nigeria Air: You Lied, Nnaji Tells Sirika Over 5% Equity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.