Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President (15190 Views)

Shelle: It’s Not Wike’s Responsibility To Tell Lagosians Who To Vote For In 2023 / Return To Your Hometown Iragbiji And Rest - Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu / Jimi Agbaje Responsible For PDP’s Defeat In Lagos –Shelle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by bolaayenimo: 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
Navy Captain Tunji Shelle (rtd), a former state chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos state has advised Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to perish the thought of becoming Nigeria’s president in the 2023 general elections.

Tinubu few days ago had said he will not turn down the calls of those asking him to contest for president in 2023.

According to the former Lagos state governor, “I’m not going to turn them down but I will still effectively and widely consult, particularly brainstorm with my friends and find a date to come out openly to tell Nigerians.

But speaking with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Shelle said Tinubu should quit the stage for younger generations to grow.

He also said Tinubu has lots of political baggage which could be detrimental to the well-being of any society.

"Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has a lot of baggage to contend with which could be detrimental to the wellbeing of any society”.

“He is old enough to appreciate this fact and my advice is for him to leave the stage for the younger generations to grow. Nigeria cannot afford another setback at this critical time of our history”.

On the chances of the PDP, Shelle said the PDP will not disappoint Nigerians in the choice of a presidential candidate that will win the election and help restore the country’s image.

“We just need to work together as a team and strategise accordingly to ensure that APC does not manipulate and compromise the election results. The tide is very much in our favour”.

“PDP will not disappoint Nigerians in their choice of candidate for the Presidential election. The party is working towards presenting a credible, knowledgeable and acceptable candidate that will help restore the image and dignity of the country.
Nigeria needs to be reunited and repositioned and PDP will not fail in achieving this goal given another opportunity”.

https://independent.ng/2023-nigeria-cannot-afford-another-setback-with-tinubu-as-president-shelle/

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by DispatcherLagos: 6:52pm On Jan 06, 2022
Obviously

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by Fasindo: 6:53pm On Jan 06, 2022
shocked

Tunji Shelle is an IPOB.

All I know is that Tinubu must contest for 2023 president.
I Want to see how his brown teeth will be when he is shedding tears of the beating he will receive from the primaries

Tinubu 2023

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by viyon02: 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
It is only a stupid fly will follow a dead body to the grave.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by Moferere: 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2022
Ndi Igbos will jump on this one.

Breaking News ooooo
Ndi Igbos, your food is ready o.
It is time to have erection

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by LegendHero(m): 7:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
Navy Captain Tunji Shelle (rtd), a former state chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos state has advised Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to perish the thought of becoming Nigeria’s president in the 2023 general elections.

On the chances of the PDP, Shelle said the PDP will not disappoint Nigerians in the choice of a presidential candidate that will win the election and help restore the country’s image.

Maybe Tunji Shelle should tell us who PDP will be fielding in 2023 because we all know it’s gonna be Atiku.

I’m pretty sure his talks of Tinubu is just to continue to sell his PDP Atikulation which is fine coz it’s politics.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by helinues: 7:44pm On Jan 06, 2022
Toh
Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by Truthisunique: 7:47pm On Jan 06, 2022
Coming from tunji

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by Truthisunique: 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2022
LegendHero:

Maybe Tunji Shelle should tell us who PDP will be fielding in 2023 because we all know it’s gonna be Atiku.

I’m pretty sure his talks of Tinubu is just to continue to sell his PDP Atikulation which is fine coz it’s politics.
how Atiku matter take concern you when you don't even know the date for your convention let alone primary

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by slivertongue: 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Are u for real?

I wander what Seun is doing about post's like the one you quoted
Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by LegendHero(m): 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2022
Truthisunique:
how Atiku matter take concern you when you don't even know the date for your convention let alone primary

How Tinubu matter take concern Mr. Tunji? Is he in APC?

I can speak about anybody so far it’s Nigeria so Atiku is also my concern.

Lastly, I am not a card carrying member of any party so why do you use the bolded?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by ThatFairGuy1: 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2022
All these attacks are unpaid campaign for Tinubu

God bless Ashiwaju Ahmad Bola Tinubu

#BAT2023

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by Dapson73(m): 8:19pm On Jan 06, 2022
Shakabula Speaker from inconsequential party.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by surgical: 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2022
Tinubu have nothing to offer,he just want to fulfil an ambition that's all, look at the lagos he has been ruling for over 20 years is in serious debt, if he takes over from buhari He is likely to continue to add to the debt and thereby aggravate an already bad situation. He is not qualified in this dispensation, we want young,energetic, knowledgeable, with empathy, not corrupt, tinubu do not fit this bill

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by SilasNwude: 8:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
sad
Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by Helpfromabove1(m): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
Osibanjo is the way forward

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by Urbanchampion: 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
Lagos State PDP and their endless, self inflicted and mindless battle with Asiwaju. Unfortunately, neither Tinubu nor any of his closest friends has answered Bode George or any of his lieutenant in the last 12 years. That's why are dying for the man's response.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President by maak400: 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
Fulani go show Tinubu pepper. grin by the time buhari and his geng finish with Tinubu, he will relocate back to iragbiji, his hometown and I wonder how the Tinubu urchins will be crying then. They would wish they had supported total restructuring/Yoruba Nation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From The 8th Meeting Of Nigeria Governor’s Forum. / Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje / Bala Mohammed Wins Bauchi PDP Guber Primary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.